Tummy Tuck Costa Rica 6000 includes CIMA Hospital costs

I had two nine pound babies and reduced my weight...

I had two nine pound babies and reduced my weight each time back to normal... Since menopause I have struggled with my weight more than ever. Even though I was back in the 120's in my 20's and 30's after each pregnancy my body was not as tight even though I could wear a size six. I am 5' 5" tall. I got to my highest weight ever at 220. I went away for two months and lost 30 pounds. I gained back 10 in the last year we have had construction at our home for most of that year a year of tons of stress. My goal is to lose another 20-30 pounds before surgery on 11/11/2014. I will also be having a arm lift on that surgery day as well.... Followed by a breast reduction on 11/18/2014 I am a 36DDD want to be a 36D. I have an hour glass shape just way too much sand right now LOL.... Photos to follow I want them to be taken closer to my scheduled date because I am trying to lose more weight.
Thank you for starting your first review with RealSelf.  You have some exciting days ahead of you and I can't wait to see your results.

This was posted on my recovery center website by another person who had stayed there.
START TWO WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY, AND CONTINUE FOR TWO WEEKS AFTER...OR LONGER
IF YOU WISH.

Vitamin C - 1000-2000mg 1-2 times a day. Promotes Healing and is a free radical scavenger.

Zinc - 50mg 3 times daily with food. Aids in healing.

Coenzyme Q-10 - 100mg twice daily. Immune booster, anti-oxidant, heart protector, promotes healing.

L-Carnitine - 500mg Twice daily. Essential to tissue recovery.

MSM(methyl-sulfonyl-methane) - 1000mg twice daily. Natural form of organic sulfur and an antioxidant great for hair,skin nails. Detoxifies the body, increases blood circulation and reduces inflammation.

Alpha Lipoic Acid - 100 mg twice daily. Powerful antioxidant and promotes healing.

START ONE DAY BEFORE SURGERY:

Arnica Montana - Decreases Swelling...recommends Sinnech brand fromhttp://www.alpinepharm.com/
Capsule before surgery, after surgery, night of surgery. Then 3 times a day
for 3-4 days.

Bromelain - 500 mg 2 times per day, and continue for 5 more days post surgery. Pineapple enzyme decreases bruising.
bromelain helps with:

-digestion and indigestion
-prevention blood clots from forming,
-back aches
-bronchitis
-burn debridement
-osteoarthritis

because of its anti inflammatory properties it sooths sinus discomfort and possibly (still in research phase) for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and MS.

Bromelain may increase the potency of antibiotics and chemotherapy It is thought that Bromelain helps the cell pumps move fluid in and out of the cell so it moves blood and blood based fluids faster and more completely thus lessoning the bruises.

3 months untill tummy tuck posting 3 before photos

Everyone that has posted their before photos has given me courage to post mine! Thank you!

Four more photos

Had my husband take these...before photos! I just look at theses and wonder why I waited so long!
Very informative ... Thanks , good luck I'll be following you

Arnica? What are your thoughts?

So many are posting to take this! Here is what my doctor says:
WHAT TO STOP TAKING THREE WEEKS PRIOR TO SURGERY
Any drugs containing aspirin
Anything containing Vitamin E
Coumadin or any other blood thinning agent**
Anti-Inflammatories of any kind
Arnica or any homeopathic medication
Smoking of any sort
Thank you so much for reposting the "vitamin schedule". I am keeping notes when I see something I like and/or writing questions from posts to ask my PS. You will look wonderful!
This is my very first comment on RealSelf! You look like i do! I had 2 big 9 lb babies, but never got back to my original weight! I just talked to my ps. Going to Florida. Haven't taken pics yet...lol...maybe today! I'm hoping to get my TT the beginning of Dec. I wanted my arms done too...but might delay that! I am a massage therapist.....use my core muscles and my arms...ugh. I will be following you throughout...and thanks for all that good info! YAY!
Thanks...and good luck! By the way I waited three months to post my photos... Others posting gave me courage to post mine. :)

Just 2 months YAY! 11/18/2014 ready for this long over due Tummy Tuck!

I am very excited I booked this 4 months ago... just 2 months to go. I have been doing the pool an hour a day....I can move non stop for an hour and do it every day. I took down the arnica photo my physician does not want me taking it. I will be eating lots of pineapple lots of healing properties.
Great , counting, counting , counting ... Happy for you

Just one month and 5 days....

We arrive in Costa Rica on 11/2 to have some fun and tour Atenas, Costa Rica...we are considering retiring there! :) My Tummy Tuck is on the 18th! Super excited!
Thank you! :0
I know you are going down you check list and your brain maybe running 100mph ... Stay calm ... You will be ok ... God got you , stay encouraged in Jesus name .
Dr. Lev

Dr. ALEJANDRO LEV Dr. Alejandro Lev was born in Argentina on May 10, 1960. He is a graduate of the University of Costa Rica, where he attended from 1979-1984. From 1985-1987 Dr. Lev completed his residency program in General Surgery at the San Juan de Dios Hospital in San Jose, Costa Rica and advanced studies in plastic surgery at Hospital Brigadeiro, Brazil. from 1987-1990. In 1991, Dr. Lev was Certified by the Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgeons and the Medical College of Doctors and Surgeons of Costa Rica. He is a former Vice President of the Costa Rican Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Association and affiliated with the International Confederation for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS) and the Ibero-Latin American Federation of Plastic Surgeons. He has a stellar reputation and he does everything himself stitch removal etc... His assistant/scheduler is the kindest woman ever. I am blessed to have found them.