Guess my Age NOW!! LOL - San Jose, Costa Rica

I did research for a year. Finally concluded that...

I did research for a year. Finally concluded that Dr. Lev in Costa Rica was the best. I went a week earlier so that I could enjoy some touristy stuff. It is a beautiful country. First contact is his assistant Didi. She was fabulous and very informative. She assisted me with everything from surgery questions to who would be the best guy to pick me up from the airport (as I got in after 10pm) She was great and so helpful. I also decided to pay Dr. Lev in full to his bank account because I was too afraid to walk around with so much cash on me. He usually asks for $1,000 deposit just to secure surgery date but if you decide not to go, he will refund the money. I met him the day before the surgery for a consultation. It was not really necessary because I was already so well informed by Didi, but it was nice if I had any questions and he took me through all the steps I would be going through. I decided to do the surgery in the clinic that he works out of because it is a lot cheaper than the hospital. The anaesthesiologist came in to talk with me before the surgery as well to inform me about his part. After the surgery, I felt no pain. I think they may have put me on a painkiller drip. I was upset, however, because they would not allow me to eat or drink for some time and I was so thirsty. Two nurses were at my side at all times. When one was not there, the other was. One of them even went as far as to massage my back to comfort me. I have to admit, it sucks that you cannot move around in bed. (For at least a few weeks) Because of the neck lift and you don't want any stitcheS to pop. I got the stitches in my eyes removed after only a few days. No pain at all. However, the staples along my upper neck and behind my hairline were not removed until 11 days later. The day before I left. The first four days after surgery I slept. I just slept.
Trust me when I say I did not want to eat either. The recovery villa (Casa de la Mariposa) made me fruit smoothies as I requested. But other than a little soup, there was no appetite. Plus it hurts a little to eat.
Needless to say, I actually lost eight pounds! Day five I felt a little more lively. I would suggest to anyone not to do anything for at least 8 days. I attempted to shop for souvenirs on day 6 and got pretty sick to my stomach. I slept in everyday. Breakfast is at eight, but I didn't want to wake up early so they made me my smoothie at 10am. At first the food was not too good. I discovered I did not like Costa Rican food. But once I mentioned this to Mercedes (the owner of Mariposa) she started to make other foods that were great. They even went out of their way to make mashed potatoes and gravy for me especially at dinner the night before I left. (They don't have gravy anywhere in Costa Rica) if you ask for it, they will give you salsa. LOL. I went for a few more visits to the doctor and everything went well. I found that most people in the recovery villa had simpler "mini-lifts" which consists of simple sutures around the ears and eyes. They did not feel any pain. I did. Especially where the staples were and the neck. I feel numb under my chin and around my ears, but this is normal and will go away anywhere from now to 6 months. It is all worth it. I came home and everyone complimented me. I look younger. I feel younger and much more confident. Dr. Lev gave me my life back. I have actually been getting looks from men. Something I had previously given up on ever happening again. I am 54, but I really feel I look at least 10 years younger. My doctor (here at home) checked me out and said that my surgeon did a fantastic job!
I was so happy I did this life changing thing for myself.

Update Picture

Three Months after surgery

Never felt or looked better. Confidence at an all time high!!!

Forgot to say

I am taking care of myself more than ever. Moisturizing every day, eating healthy, juicing, vitamins and exercising. Have taken off 10 more pounds!!!

4 months Post Op

My face is a little more relaxed but still a little swelling around ears and under chin. Also am numb in these areas. I am "sort of" getting use to it but can't wait until the numbness and "tightness" across the neck, goes away.
Dr. Lev

THE BEST COSMETIC SURGEON IN COSTA RICA ( if not the world)

Beautiful! I am settling in on Dr Lev as well, trying to figure out the best time. Thank you so much for this helpful information, you look amazing. :)
Don't Worry Be Happy, you look AMAZING! Thank you so very much for sharing your information, path, pain with your son. Yes, emotional pain does affect our looks, make us look older, the worrying, the regrets, etc., etc., etc. You did the right thing sending him to his father, he will thank you when he gets older, he is still a kid. I am so glad you did something for yourself. It is hard to face each morning when our face does not match who we are, how young we might feel in a lot of areas of our lives, and now, just looking in the mirror is a source of pleasure. It is not vanity, it is healing, rejuvenating and invigorating and I hope, now that I have the lead on your doctor, that I can start saving my pennies for sx with Dr. Lev. Would you be so kind as to give me a ball park figure on the total cost of everything, how much you spent in hotel, food, transportation, miscellaneous money, aside from the cost of surgery and would it there been additional cost if done in the hospital. I believe you said it was a clinic and the DR. liked having his patients there as he had priority but I have health issues which make me feel more secure if I had the sx in a hospital....You look beautiful and you sound like a beautiful human being inside as well. Blessings and love sent your way.
You look great. Glad you had a positive outcome.
Dontworry, you look fantastic. Thank you for your post. Lilygirl
OMG. Honey. You are stunning!! And paid a reasonable price.
You look great and so refreshed & youthful! The prolonged numbness that many report about must be annoying as hell. I hope you regain full sensation by your ears and under your chin soon. How do your scars look? Thanks for sharing your experience. :)
Thank you so much. No scars. None that I any see. Remembering however that I probably have them in my skull but hidden by hair. Yes, still have the numbness and yes annoying as hell!! LOL. I just have to be patient.
I'm sure you'll do a big happy dance the day the numbness is gone for good. Question about the pain - it sounds like it was crappy after the staples were removed. Was that the only source of big pain or were other areas really sore too? I'm also curious if you have/had any restrictive or tight feelings anywhere? Like around your neck? A tight feeling isn't necessarily a bad thing as it means your results should hold up and last longer...at least that is the general consensus, lol. I'm just not sure if I could handle that type of feeling for long. I get freaky whenever I wear a tight turtleneck, lol. As I read your review I could identify with your recovery because I'm a big-time sleeper whenever my body needs to heal from surgery or illness. I see this as a good thing - certainly helps the first week of recovery go by faster.
Oh yes, the tight feeling around the neck is of the norm. It will relax after time. Are you thinking of having something done? BTW, I live in Toronto too.
That tight feeling scares me a bit even though I know it is common. I am 100% ready to have an eyelift and am planning ahead for a neck & facelift. Originally I was going to wait and have everything done at once but I have since changed my mind due to the downtime required to heal. I swell and bruise very easily and I'm not the fastest healer, sadly. The more I evaluate each procedure, the more I think it would be wiser for me to do an upper bleph first and a neck & facelift down the road when I can devote more time to recovering. It is highly unlikely I will be back to normal in a two week period. Did you go on any PS consults in Toronto before you went to CR?
As you have seen my "before" and how scary and aged I looked, I had known for a long time that I was going to do the whole face at once. It was just a matter of saving the money. I also swell and bruise very easily. And yet My bruising was gone before the two weeks. As far as swelling goes, I still have some that is not very noticeable to others. You have to remember also that the overall healing takes some time. e.g. I look different now than I did a month ago. (for the better) the tissue is still mending and healing. It may be some time before I see the end result. I think I will put a new picture up soon to show you what I mean. Are you planning on have surgery done in CR? To have to pay for flight and recovery twice seems like a waste. To answer your question, I did not see any PS in Toronto. Sure, the consults are free but I knew exactly what I wanted. I did not want anything done in regards to my forehead as I heard some scary stories and I have a long forehead to begin with that has always bothered me. My friend's Mother had the lift and we laugh when she says that her Mother still has the expression of constantly being surprised. LOL. What ever you decide to do, keep me updated. I will say prayers for you. Worked for me. LOL.
The "tight" feeling is awful. In the beginning I asked Dr Lev if he left a huge rubber band inside my neck, as I had a "choking" sensation constantly for 3 months!!! I had to learn to think of something else, distract my own thoughts from my neck. Even now as I write, (4 months), I feel the tightness in my jaw and the upper part of my neck. The swelling has yet to go down completely however I am told to keep my eye on the prize and know that "this too shall pass". I think spending good money on one's face is a waste of money. Instead go on a great trip or improve your mind. I would never do this again in a million years!
I would really like to know if you have anything good to say. I am sorry, but I feel the same "tight" feeling and I am still numb but I have gotten use to it. It is somewhat annoying but nothing more. I feel so confident of my looks. I am single. I never did this to find a guy, just for myself. Today I actually met 2 people that I had not seen in years. Because Dr. Lev did such an amazing job, I look the same but only younger. Both people that saw me said that I looked even better than the last time they saw me and just assumed I must be very happy and content with my life. They had no idea I had surgery so this was really nice to hear. I raised my son alone, but when he turned 17 he was quite hard to handle. I told him that I thought he should live with his father for a while (in hopes that he would straighten him out being that he was a police officer). He resented me so much that I have not heard from him in 7 years. The first few years took a toll on me. I lived my life for him. When he was gone I was depressed and suicidal. I think that took a toll on my face. Although you went through that experience, it is done and gone. Do you have anything good to say about the actual facelift and how you look now? You say over and over again that you would never do it again. Did nothing good come of you face lift at all. And if not, why?
Sorry if you feel that I have nothing good to say about my experience. I have often said great things about Dr Lev, how I look and compliments I am receiving. I am not however going to sugar-coat the experience and tell it like it happened to me, not good, not easy and realize that reading about it may be difficult but not as difficult as actually going through it. I love Costa Rica, the care I received from CIMA especially while in ICU. I loved my hotel Barcello San Jose Palacio, the food, the people, the landscaping! Dr Lev's associates, both in the office and especially DiDi who visited me while in CR at my hotel and took me to a great dinner. I am very happy & lucky that I made it out alive! Sorry you had such a hard life and am glad to know that this return to a younger you is perfect for you and that you are very happy now.
Oh sweetheart. I hope I did not offend you. I have to admit, however, I love this optimistic side of you. I would never even imagine what a terrible time you went through. In the past. Hey, the very big plus size is that you live in Hawaii. My God, I would give anything just to visit. Perhaps one day. God Bless sweetie.
I love your results...I am having a TT Breast Reduction and arm lift with Dr. Lev in November. :)
All the best sweetheart. You are in good hands.
Thanks so happy to be doing it....
40 ish? great results. Your smile is lovely and I hope this surgery has given you a newfound reason to do much more of it:)
You look great!
He does such beautiful work. You look great!
Thanks so much. I feel great!! Feeling very confident and no longer feeling "invisible". Just wish the healing process was quicker. LOL. Still numb.
Just going back and looking at people down the road. You had a huge change like myself --- bet you are so happy. You are right about where I am in the healing process --wow -- such a journey --thank god our bodies heal
VERY nice! You look great!
Dr. Lev also did my facelift about 3 years ago. I think he is wonderful as well as being a very skilled surgeon. You chose the best for your procedures. You look so great.!!