Guess my Age NOW!! LOL - San Jose, Costa Rica

I did research for a year. Finally concluded that...

I did research for a year. Finally concluded that Dr. Lev in Costa Rica was the best. I went a week earlier so that I could enjoy some touristy stuff. It is a beautiful country. First contact is his assistant Didi. She was fabulous and very informative. She assisted me with everything from surgery questions to who would be the best guy to pick me up from the airport (as I got in after 10pm) She was great and so helpful. I also decided to pay Dr. Lev in full to his bank account because I was too afraid to walk around with so much cash on me. He usually asks for $1,000 deposit just to secure surgery date but if you decide not to go, he will refund the money. I met him the day before the surgery for a consultation. It was not really necessary because I was already so well informed by Didi, but it was nice if I had any questions and he took me through all the steps I would be going through. I decided to do the surgery in the clinic that he works out of because it is a lot cheaper than the hospital. The anaesthesiologist came in to talk with me before the surgery as well to inform me about his part. After the surgery, I felt no pain. I think they may have put me on a painkiller drip. I was upset, however, because they would not allow me to eat or drink for some time and I was so thirsty. Two nurses were at my side at all times. When one was not there, the other was. One of them even went as far as to massage my back to comfort me. I have to admit, it sucks that you cannot move around in bed. (For at least a few weeks) Because of the neck lift and you don't want any stitcheS to pop. I got the stitches in my eyes removed after only a few days. No pain at all. However, the staples along my upper neck and behind my hairline were not removed until 11 days later. The day before I left. The first four days after surgery I slept. I just slept.
Trust me when I say I did not want to eat either. The recovery villa (Casa de la Mariposa) made me fruit smoothies as I requested. But other than a little soup, there was no appetite. Plus it hurts a little to eat.
Needless to say, I actually lost eight pounds! Day five I felt a little more lively. I would suggest to anyone not to do anything for at least 8 days. I attempted to shop for souvenirs on day 6 and got pretty sick to my stomach. I slept in everyday. Breakfast is at eight, but I didn't want to wake up early so they made me my smoothie at 10am. At first the food was not too good. I discovered I did not like Costa Rican food. But once I mentioned this to Mercedes (the owner of Mariposa) she started to make other foods that were great. They even went out of their way to make mashed potatoes and gravy for me especially at dinner the night before I left. (They don't have gravy anywhere in Costa Rica) if you ask for it, they will give you salsa. LOL. I went for a few more visits to the doctor and everything went well. I found that most people in the recovery villa had simpler "mini-lifts" which consists of simple sutures around the ears and eyes. They did not feel any pain. I did. Especially where the staples were and the neck. I feel numb under my chin and around my ears, but this is normal and will go away anywhere from now to 6 months. It is all worth it. I came home and everyone complimented me. I look younger. I feel younger and much more confident. Dr. Lev gave me my life back. I have actually been getting looks from men. Something I had previously given up on ever happening again. I am 54, but I really feel I look at least 10 years younger. My doctor (here at home) checked me out and said that my surgeon did a fantastic job!
I was so happy I did this life changing thing for myself.

Update Picture

Three Months after surgery

Never felt or looked better. Confidence at an all time high!!!

Forgot to say

I am taking care of myself more than ever. Moisturizing every day, eating healthy, juicing, vitamins and exercising. Have taken off 10 more pounds!!!

4 months Post Op

My face is a little more relaxed but still a little swelling around ears and under chin. Also am numb in these areas. I am "sort of" getting use to it but can't wait until the numbness and "tightness" across the neck, goes away.
Dr. Lev

THE BEST COSMETIC SURGEON IN COSTA RICA ( if not the world)

Where is your latest photo? Love to see it. I'll post when I can get it all together here. Will ask Dr. Lev for some of the photos he took too as i don't have the up close pre-surgery, just after photos.
Hello again MauiJOY. I have to admit you are sounding a lot better. BTW, too bad people are acting jealous. Take is as a compliment. LOL! And Yes the numbness is still annoying. Did you read about the woman who still has a little numbness after a year and half. OMG! Sometimes I don't notice it (like I am getting use to it) and other times it drives me nuts. Also, just so you know I have quit smoking and am on a strict and healthy regime of diet and exercise. A friend told me about a week long body cleanse. Just about eating healthy and following a few steps. She said that once she was done, her bowel movements were very surprising. Apparently hundreds of fluorescent, very tiny, stones were in the toilet. They are the toxins that cling to liver, kidneys, etc. This flush loosens them and evacuates them. It takes about 8 to 10 cleansings before you see no more. She also said she took off 10 pounds in the process. It's a win win. I am on day 2 and will let you know how it turns out. The friend that told me about it is a health nut and close friend and would not lie to me. If you are at all interested, email me personally. I don't think I will post another picture as I pretty much still look the same. Stunning! LOL! All the best to you my dear. Keep up the optimism. I love to hear that.
Something else I noticed. At a recent city wide meeting where there were over 200 professionals, I found myself sitting between two men instead of at a table of all women...just saying:) Could it be my own new self confidence? I had been chatting with one of the men prior to the lunch and casually asked if he was expected at a certain table. He said, "No" and asked the same so we decided to sit together. The other gentleman came in a little later after nearly all tables were full. I noticed that he looked around eyeing the empty places and choose to sit by me! A FIRST at one of these meetings for me! LOL
Definitely the aura of self assuredness and confidence! YOU GO GIRL!!
Definitely your aura of self assuredness and confidence. YOU GO GIRL!!
I'm so happy for you! Good for you! You look gorgeous!!!
Thank you Lilywhite. I never get sick of compliments. LOL.
45? Not a day older!
Thank you Rhonhoward. You are very kind. You are pretty hot looking yourself. Nice and slim as well. Am jealous, as still trying to take off the weight. Enjoy your beauty. All the best to you.
You look great! Dr. Lev did my surgery 1.5 years ago and I have been happy looking in the mirror ever since. I choose not to post pics, however. Dr. Lev is the best.
Thank you for that. I still feel great. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for the numbness to go away? It has been 7 months for me and it is still numb. Wondering if I should give up smoking and drinking all together to heal faster.
I don't smoke or drink, and still have slight numb spots in front of my ears by my jaw. I only know it when I am feeling for it with my fingers just now. I don't notice it usually. The FL surgery made me look 10 years younger, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Wow. Year and half later and you still have a bit of numbness!! As long as it does not bother you, all is well. As you have seen my photo's, you can see that I look at least 10 years younger. I would definitely do it again in a heartbeat. Dr. Lev is a master. Hopefully he will be working 10 years from now in case I need it again. LOL. All the best my dear.
Please don't tell me it only lasts ten years...ohhhhh never again!
Give up smoking is a "NO brainer" it causes wrinkles around the top lip..oh yeah, cancer too! I gave up drinking during my healing and have not gone back and feel better than ever now that I am off all medication too. Walking 30 minutes each morning and maintaining a healthy diet. Feeling and looking great!
Four years MAX for me, twice. I'm heading back, which I never thought I would do. I am not someone with a lot of money, but to not be saggy faced during my 60's has kept doors open for almost anything. It makes me feel like I am still a viable citizen, have some use, can participate with any age group, and without that, truly my life would be barely worth dealing with these 11 slipped discs in my back. But traveling and having some adventures DUE TO THE FACE looking so good, has really been worth the torture and money and almost death (too tight around my throat, air cut off for 24 hours!), and I'm going back. So, I probably have said NEVER AGAIN many times, but until I am ready to roll over and nurse my pain and be ready to kick the bucket, as long as my body isn't a complete give-away, I guess, that NEVER AGAIN comes around to AGAIN. LOL
You look really good. Congrats on a great outcome. I would not hesitate to go back to Costa Rica if I needed to.
Lookin good!
You are one Hot 66 year old!! I also had people tell me I looked great. However, I am an open book and tell people (sometimes) that I had the surgery. FYI, It has now been six months and still feeling numb around neck and ears. You start to get use to it, but I still hope the tissue heals a little faster. All the best to you. I bet you feel like a million bucks! I know I do. I, also, would not hesitate to go to CR is and when needed.
Thanks MauiJoy. How you doing/feeling these days. How about numbness?
Occasionally I feel as if I have a noose around my neck and it really bothers me, mostly at night when I am lying down also my right ear and portions of beneath the chin & throat area are still numb; like you, I am somewhat use to it and am hoping for a faster healing. I did email Dr. Lev and due to my extraordinary circumstances with having to go on blood thinnners and pooling of the blood in that area, he thinks it may take a little longer. Nearly 7 months out and I am getting rave reviews, even those talking behind my back! LOL Because of my emergency, I did send an email to friends from Costa Rica and mentioned my procedure. Do you get this too from people who know that they are unaware that they are starring at your face and neck. One woman, at a party who is short, I'm 5'9" actually came up beneath me while I was talking to someone else and did a complete survey of my face and instead of "hello" she said, "Nice work"...LOL gotta forgive sometimes..I know she wants to look good too!
Beautiful! I am settling in on Dr Lev as well, trying to figure out the best time. Thank you so much for this helpful information, you look amazing. :)
Don't Worry Be Happy, you look AMAZING! Thank you so very much for sharing your information, path, pain with your son. Yes, emotional pain does affect our looks, make us look older, the worrying, the regrets, etc., etc., etc. You did the right thing sending him to his father, he will thank you when he gets older, he is still a kid. I am so glad you did something for yourself. It is hard to face each morning when our face does not match who we are, how young we might feel in a lot of areas of our lives, and now, just looking in the mirror is a source of pleasure. It is not vanity, it is healing, rejuvenating and invigorating and I hope, now that I have the lead on your doctor, that I can start saving my pennies for sx with Dr. Lev. Would you be so kind as to give me a ball park figure on the total cost of everything, how much you spent in hotel, food, transportation, miscellaneous money, aside from the cost of surgery and would it there been additional cost if done in the hospital. I believe you said it was a clinic and the DR. liked having his patients there as he had priority but I have health issues which make me feel more secure if I had the sx in a hospital....You look beautiful and you sound like a beautiful human being inside as well. Blessings and love sent your way.
You look great. Glad you had a positive outcome.
Dontworry, you look fantastic. Thank you for your post. Lilygirl