Dr Alberto Calvo Coto - Costa Rica, CR

I had 14 crowns done by Dr Coto in San Jose, CR. ...

I had 14 crowns done by Dr Coto in San Jose, CR. In 2 years I had to return because my rays done by US dentist showed decay under some of them and open margibs. Dr Coto said if I had to return..he would pay expenses. NOT true. He rushed thru the corrective procedure, was actually annoyed I returned, and now 6 months later...I had to have them replaced. I need more work too...he made many errors. Do not go to Dr Coto.
dr. alberto calvo coto

What a horrible experience!!! I had 8 upper teeth implant from this guy and my husband had 3 implants at the same time as well as deep cleaning. He had what he called Periodontitis specialist came in to deep clean our teeth and review my teeth condition. The anesthetic shot that he administers did not work on my husband and he had to endure painful session for the whole time he was getting treatment. (Anesthetic always worked for him before) After Dr. Coto finished installing screws on me, Periodontics prescribed medicine for pain and to prevent infection. He prescribed amoxicillin even though I put on my chart that I was allergic to Penicillin. I had a horrible allergic reaction after I got back to States. Based on what happened on our first visit, I should have known the thing was going to get worst. He schedules our session on the Friday Morning. We were schedule to return to US on that Sunday. My husband’s session went pretty quickly. He was done in about 2 hours or so. Mine on the other hand no so much. He had to have my clown remade because it did not fit properly. Of course that took several hours to complete. By the time he got new sets delivered was well after 6pm. All and all, it took another couple hours for him to complete putting my entire clown in. It was hard for me to tell how it went due to blood and swelling. When I realize it was totally not straight, we had to catch our flight back to US. As soon as we returned to US, My husband e-mailed him right away. He asks for us to return but why would we waste anymore of our time and money so that he can possibly fix what should have done correctly in the first place. I visited US Dentist for consultation to fix crocket teethe. After careful review, he told me that clown Dr. Coto use was totally substandard and it will cost me $12,000.00 to make it right not to mention inconvenience and more time wasted on the procedure that should be totally completed. When you call or send e-mail inquiry, they seems really nice and all but don’t let it fool you. All he cares about is money and money only.

My goodness, I am so sorry to hear what went on. It sounds like Foolish American had a pretty similar experience. Here is her review:

medical tourism nightmare in san jose costa rica

You have the price listed as $250, but surely with travel and having to get things redone you have paid much more than that. Do you know approximately how much this entire experience has cost you?

What other work are you in need of at this point?