Breast Reduction San Jose, Costa Rica 6400. includes CIMA hospital cost

I have always been busty they run in my family. I...

I have always been busty they run in my family. I was a 34C in high school at 5' 5" and 110 pounds. With each childbirth and nursing they got larger.
I have spent years hiding them. I Always wear V-neck shirts. They limit me to clothing choices it seems that while most of the world wants to show off their Ta-ta's. I have been the opposite. So many things are spaghetti straps or are low cut.
I never showed them off at 20 for sure not going to at 54. :D
I have spoken with many other naturally busty women and they agree they are a pain literally. Try jogging or even walking fast. I went to a fitness camp and lost 30 pounds always passed on the "jumping jacks"
I do not want implants some do this with a breast reduction and a lift like I am having.
I will be thrilled to have nice normal sized breasts. You can wear one of my DDD cups on my bra like a hat on your head.
I am blessed that my husband loves me any shape or size is and is 100% supportive and will be there with me.
I am staying in Costa Rica at CheTica recovery ranch for six weeks I will also be having a Tummy Tuck and an Arm Lift.
Larger arms and big breasts usually go hand in hand. When I see a women with sculpted arms and nice breasts real or not wearing short sleeves.I I never wear short sleeves I love how they look.
I must have my arms done because if I reduce my breasts my arms are larger finding shirts that fit right will still be a pain.
I am using a great plastic surgeon Dr. Lev and his coordinator DiDi has been amazing she is the most caring and considerate person ever.
I chose Costa Rica because they have great Recovery centers. Rueben at CheTica (the owner) is so kind and helpful on all matters.
My Tummy Tuck and Arms will be done on 11/ 11/2014
I will post a separate post for those procedures.
I am extremely grateful for all those that have shared and posted on here. I wanted to do the same.
Now that I have decided to do this I "realize" that I only sit in chairs with backs where I can have back support and lean back.
The other night my husband and I went to a comedy club that was sold out. We had to sit on a stool and I felt like someone had their foot in my back between my shoulders for the full two hours. Then I realized I never sit on stools. You just always do certain things that are second nature to you when you have large breasts.

I also believe that the heavy weight worsens my GERD the under-wire hits right at my sternum and with all that weight adds pressure in the worst place possible for heartburn.

Why a breast reduction and ...I Scheduled for Six months from now to lower BMI and continue on my weight loss path

Everything I read says the higher your BMI the more risks with being put under. Having this time and the goal before surgery gives me great incentive. I already go to the YMCA three days a week but I am now going to be doing cardio every single day.
I want to see how much smaller my tummy gets I have lost 30 pounds and wish to loose 20-30 more before November.

Some of the things I want also rid my self of. Is I sweat everyday under my breast the shelf of my bra. This causes a rash sometimes. I also get skin skin tags there.
The first thing I do when I walk in the door is take off my bra.

I am 5' 5" and weigh 190 I carry my weight very well because I have an hourglass shape. I just know the older I get the more difficult it has been to lose weight. Menopause is the devil. ;)

I am posting two more photo without a bra. I must say when I look at this I just feel sad. :/

Adding the Tummy Tuck and Arm Lift

I am having a Tummy Tuck and Arm Lift on 11/11/2014 and a Breast Reduction and Lift on 11/18/2014.

I had a great hour glass figure for the first 40 plus years of my life. My mid-forties I finally slowed down my pace before that I was non-stop movement and never sat. At the same time peri-menopause set in. I am 5' 5" and weighed 110 in high school still had cute curves with a 34C bra size.

I am 55 years young and have two children 30 and 23. Both weighed around 9 lbs. My weight before each pregnancy was between 120-125. I always returned to that weight. I started gaining weight when I hit 40.

Then my hormones hit a crazy mark. I had 32 of the 35 Menopause symptoms at one time or another for the past dozen years.Menopause kicked my behind. Fatigue, Hot flashes, Body aches like I had the flu...

The weight gain was was insane. I tried everything Nutri-system, Weight watchers. Walking a minimum of 10,000 steps a day. I worked out 5 days a week with weights with a personal trainer. Never would drop a pound just kept gaining.

I had severe plantar fasciitis I would walk with throbbing foot pain. I tried eating no carbs... I tried eliminating plastics products anything that would help with my hormones. I had mood swings, crying spells, depression. I ate only organic foods and even tried bio-identical hormones. Nothing worked!

It seems I am through worstt of it I do have warm spells when my face flushes. But I avoid trigger foods. My highest weight was 220. I have lost 30 pounds I went away for 8 weeks to a fitness camp to lose that 30 pounds.

I am scheduled for all my work on 11/11/2014 then 11/18/2014 With Dr. Lev in Costa Rica and will stay in a recovery retreat center for several weeks.

My goal is to lose another minimum of 20 pounds but I am hoping lose 30. I am working out 3 days a week with a trainer and I am now doing cardio seven days a week as well.

I am eating Jenny Craig and eating 3 meals and several snacks and will limit myself to 1600 calories a day. I want to lower my BMI less risks the lower the BMI.

I am now adding/posting my photos of my tummy and arms. I have to post them all together .I am so appreciative this site an all those who post! Thank You!

Weighed my 36DDD

I weighed them today and they are over 4 pounds each. It's difficult to do but I set the kitchen scale on the edge of the counter. My right is closer to 5 pounds while my left is over 4 and a half pounds.

Just a little over 4 months ...hoping to not have this after that!

I come on regularly and read and appreciate all that you share. Today after doing some house stuff I could not wait to take off my bra here's why..... I really look forward to not having bra straps digging into my shoulders!

A mixed blessing ...Kidney stone then a Bladder infection

I always try to see the good in every situation. I was visiting my lovely daughter in Wisconsin having the best time doing tons of tourist stuff. When on 7/5 about 10 PM I started having severe pain on my lower left side. I was really hurting. My husband and daughter became alarmed they wanted to take me to the emergency room.
I said " no no" maybe I have a virus or a reaction from our Mexican food we had at lunch. We had a
Hour drive home so l rode in the back seat and tried to get comfortable stretched out. After we drove 10 minutes I said "pull over I needed to walk" I kept thinking if threw up or had the other end happen l would be fine. My daughter pulled into a entrance I got out of the car and started pacing again which seemed to help.
Then I felt sick to my stomach Which led me to projectile vomit nine Times. I was pretty shocked it was like something out of a movie. I then though wow it must be food poisoning. I got back in the car the pains were not as sharp but I was still very uncomfortable.
They still wanted to take me to the emergency room but I felt it was over kill. I spent the night in the fetal position on the bathroom floor.
I woke up the next morning after waking up off and on all night. I thought great I am better glad I did not go to the emergency room. Within an hour it came back. I said "let's go to the emergency room" which was literally two minutes away. I never dreamed I had a kidney stone. By this time I was pacing and could not sit. I was given some threat drugs for nausea and pain followed by a catscan. I had a
4 mm kidney stone.
I have been very worried about the pain after my surgeries. I seem to have less pain tolerance as I have aged. Well the nurse came in and said "Miss... I see people in here with a 1mm kidney stone that can't get off the floor and the reason you projectile vomit like that is because your body is reacting to your severe pain!"
Wow...all I could think of is this was a trial run for my upcoming surgeries. :) However l have now seen a urologist for my kidney stone and now have a wicked bladder infection. So as I am better I am now dealing with bladder discomfort and now bowel issues from the antibiotics.
I am so glad this is happening now rather than around the time of my surgeries 11/11 and 11/18. Though I do wish the last three weeks I could of been working out and doing cardio instead of spending most my time in discomfort and in bed or in the bathroom.
They are testing some of my particles I collected and testing them to see the cause of my kidney stone I never want another one it's really as I had heard worse pain than childbirth.
Thanks again to all of your postings...when I was feeling down from the last three weeks I would go look at the before and after photos of arm lifts...tummy tucks and breast reductions.

I went and bought my New goal/dream size pretty bra so excited!

I have be living in Huge black bras 36DDD... I want to be a D cup I am an hour glass shape do not want to get them so small I look like a pear shape. With the tummy tuck getting the extra sand out of the middle of my hour glass/ waste line I will become me again. Took 3 comparison bra photos!

Off topic... but I call this my test for my coming surgeries

My first one... (I pray I Never have another) Kidney stone... and not 10 minutes ago it passed.... it has been a painful....vigilante ....3 weeks! Look at the jagged edges it's 4mm by 5mm
I am Thrilled I am posting a photo!

Breast reduction 36DDD wanting 36D

I am splitting up my three procedures and will post in each category

Male moderator???

I received an email from a Roger S. male moderator. It really bothered me. Sorry but it did. I feel this is a safe and private place 99% women. How does one become a moderator? I Love having women on here it's like the one time years ago and a man was working at Victoria's Secret. He was a young male why would he be a moderator? Kimmers has had a breast reduction and a Tummy Tuck. The other two ladies have had procedures WHY is this young man a moderator?

Message
Community Manager
Member since 6/26/2014
0 total posts
X
Roger_S July 27, 2014 6:22am
Hi Happy and Blessed,

I'm a Content Moderator at RealSelf. Thank you for sharing your journey!

I'd like to link your doctor to your recent review. Can you please tell me his/her full name?

Thank you for being a member of RealSelf!

Thanks,
The RealSelf Team

I just find this wrong he has zero postings! No experience in this field???

Found this interesting...

This was posted on my recovery center website by another person who had stayed there.
START TWO WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY, AND CONTINUE FOR TWO WEEKS AFTER...OR LONGER
IF YOU WISH.

Vitamin C - 1000-2000mg 1-2 times a day. Promotes Healing and is a free radical scavenger.

Zinc - 50mg 3 times daily with food. Aids in healing.

Coenzyme Q-10 - 100mg twice daily. Immune booster, anti-oxidant, heart protector, promotes healing.

L-Carnitine - 500mg Twice daily. Essential to tissue recovery.

MSM(methyl-sulfonyl-methane) - 1000mg twice daily. Natural form of organic sulfur and an antioxidant great for hair,skin nails. Detoxifies the body, increases blood circulation and reduces inflammation.

Alpha Lipoic Acid - 100 mg twice daily. Powerful antioxidant and promotes healing.

START ONE DAY BEFORE SURGERY:

Arnica Montana - Decreases Swelling...recommends Sinnech brand fromhttp://www.alpinepharm.com/
Capsule before surgery, after surgery, night of surgery. Then 3 times a day
for 3-4 days.

Bromelain - 500 mg 2 times per day, and continue for 5 more days post surgery. Pineapple enzyme decreases bruising.
bromelain helps with:

-digestion and indigestion
-prevention blood clots from forming,
-back aches
-bronchitis
-burn debridement
-osteoarthritis

because of its anti inflammatory properties it sooths sinus discomfort and possibly (still in research phase) for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and MS.

Bromelain may increase the potency of antibiotics and chemotherapy It is thought that Bromelain helps the cell pumps move fluid in and out of the cell so it moves blood and blood based fluids faster and more completely thus lessoning the bruises.

My breasts 36DDD can't weight <---ha ha to reduce them!

Here is my photo of my girls who went from a 34C in High School to a D with first pregnancy. Then a DD with second pregnancy. Then DDD with all those lovely Menopause hormones! When I wear a bra and pull them up against my chest I immediately get heartburn. I would like to be a small D.

Arnica? What are your thoughts?

So many are posting to take this! Here is what my doctor says:
WHAT TO STOP TAKING THREE WEEKS PRIOR TO SURGERY
Any drugs containing aspirin
Anything containing Vitamin E
Coumadin or any other blood thinning agent**
Anti-Inflammatories of any kind
Arnica or any homeopathic medication
Smoking of any sort

Less than two months away my Breast reduction is on 11/112014

I took down the arnica photo my physician says it affects the blood. I am on zero medications and will not take anything supplement wise. I am going to eat lots of pineapple I love it. It is really food that gives you natural benefits. :)

Less than one month away...

My Breast Reduction is on November 11, 2014 We arrive in Costa Rica on 11/2 to have some fun and tour Atenas, Costa Rica...we are considering retiring there! :)

My first cousin is doing this too!

I have my BR on 11/11 and just found out my first cousin is having one on 12/11....

12 days away my BR is on 11/11 :)

Leave Monday.... 11/02 for Costa Rica a Week of fun! Then 11/11 my BR I have packed for 2 months. I Love my Dr.Lev and his assistant Didi. I am thrilled with Che-Tica the amazing place I will be recovering. At 55 it's about me and that's a new feeling. Very Exciting! I Appreciate Real Self for almost 6 months I have read every posts and I will now be sharing my journey as well! Love to all and Prayers appreciated for me on 11/11/2014 .

Just 3 more days until my Breast Reduction and Lift ...very excited!

Tummy Tuck and Arm Lift have been awesome. I love my doctor.

Tomorrow is the big day no more 36 DDD

I am at the hospital at 9 am Breast Reduction and Lift is at 10 am. I am going to get the smallest implant as well. I have spoken with several ladies that have had breast reduction lifts and they tell me in 3-5 years they are sagging and wish they had a small very light implant. 100% have told me this. So I will be a 36 Full C not a 36 DDD at 55 and with my Tummy Tucks and Arm Lift I am just thrilled with all of it. :)

20 hours post op Breast Reduction done on 11/18/2014

It's surreal ... am thrilled. They are of course swollen left one more so. No more having to buy special bras. Feeling like my boobies enter the room before I do. :) So posting a before after combo photo and a photo of how they were in my 38 DDD Bra. So much weight to carry around and those awful grooves in my shoulders.

tummy tucks are breeze pain wise

I had a kidney stone the month of July... I feel it was a blessing because that was real pain. Tummy tuck was not painful... some discomfort no real pain. Healing fast amazon in one week. Swollen of course. But I am thrilled at 55 with this procedure I should of done it years ago. NOW days women do mommy make overs. BRAVO...for them. Things have changed so much 30 years ago it was rare to ever see a man push a stroller. Let alone a women feel she should claim her body back. :)

hospital cost was 700.00 more both visits.

The only issue I had was my blood pressure went very high under anesthesia both surgeries. Can't saw enough good things about my Anesthesia doctor. DR. Underwood.

Loving my new breasts

Still swollen right more than left. I can't remember when my breasts seemed to be in the right place. The only uncomfortable part is under my arms. Like the rest what matters is time. I believe the lymphatic massages daily really help with fluid the tightness and swelling. It's 30 dollars a day and worth every penny.
Dr. Alejandro Lev

Dr. ALEJANDRO LEV Dr. Alejandro Lev was born in Argentina on May 10, 1960. He is a graduate of the University of Costa Rica, where he attended from 1979-1984. From 1985-1987 Dr. Lev completed his residency program in General Surgery at the San Juan de Dios Hospital in San Jose, Costa Rica and advanced studies in plastic surgery at Hospital Brigadeiro, Brazil. from 1987-1990. In 1991, Dr. Lev was Certified by the Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgeons and the Medical College of Doctors and Surgeons of Costa Rica. He is a former Vice President of the Costa Rican Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Association and affiliated with the International Confederation for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS) and the Ibero-Latin American Federation of Plastic Surgeons.