Arm Lift - Costa Rica includes CIMA hospital costs

I am having three procedures I want to post in...

I am having three procedures I want to post in each category. This arm lift will be done with my tummy tuck. I will post photos closer to me surgery date. I am losing more weight and want the pictures to be current. I had listed all three together but I know that I read in each section Arm Lift, Tummy Tuck and Breast Reduction. This way i can report on each one.

This was posted on my recovery center website by another person who had stayed there.

START TWO WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY, AND CONTINUE FOR TWO WEEKS AFTER...OR LONGER
IF YOU WISH.

Vitamin C - 1000-2000mg 1-2 times a day. Promotes Healing and is a free radical scavenger.

Zinc - 50mg 3 times daily with food. Aids in healing.

Coenzyme Q-10 - 100mg twice daily. Immune booster, anti-oxidant, heart protector, promotes healing.

L-Carnitine - 500mg Twice daily. Essential to tissue recovery.

MSM(methyl-sulfonyl-methane) - 1000mg twice daily. Natural form of organic sulfur and an antioxidant great for hair,skin nails. Detoxifies the body, increases blood circulation and reduces inflammation.

Alpha Lipoic Acid - 100 mg twice daily. Powerful antioxidant and promotes healing.

START ONE DAY BEFORE SURGERY:

Arnica Montana - Decreases Swelling...recommends Sinnech brand fromhttp://www.alpinepharm.com/
Capsule before surgery, after surgery, night of surgery. Then 3 times a day
for 3-4 days.

Bromelain - 500 mg 2 times per day, and continue for 5 more days post surgery. Pineapple enzyme decreases bruising.
bromelain helps with:

-digestion and indigestion
-prevention blood clots from forming,
-back aches
-bronchitis
-burn debridement
-osteoarthritis

because of its anti inflammatory properties it sooths sinus discomfort and possibly (still in research phase) for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and MS.

Bromelain may increase the potency of antibiotics and chemotherapy It is thought that Bromelain helps the cell pumps move fluid in and out of the cell so it moves blood and blood based fluids faster and more completely thus lessoning the bruises.

Photos of my arms before arm lift

I have big 36DDD breasts as they grew so sis my arms. I have not worn even short sleeves in 15 years. I am having a Breast Reduction a Tummy Tuck and an arm lift. If I reduce the girls and still have huge arms I won't be able to find tops that fit me properly.

Photos of my before arm lift

I am having a breast reduction I am a 36DDD I feel Ineed to do my arms or I will not be able to fit into shirts properly.

Arnica? What do you think?

So many are posting to take this! Here is what my doctor says:
WHAT TO STOP TAKING THREE WEEKS PRIOR TO SURGERY
Any drugs containing aspirin
Anything containing Vitamin E
Coumadin or any other blood thinning agent**
Anti-Inflammatories of any kind
Arnica or any homeopathic medication
Smoking of any sort

2 more months getting excited 11/18/20014

I took down the arnica photo my physician does not want me taking it. I will be eating lots of pineapple though lots of healing properties. I booked this 4 months ago...
Dr. Lev

Dr. ALEJANDRO LEV Dr. Alejandro Lev was born in Argentina on May 10, 1960. He is a graduate of the University of Costa Rica, where he attended from 1979-1984. From 1985-1987 Dr. Lev completed his residency program in General Surgery at the San Juan de Dios Hospital in San Jose, Costa Rica and advanced studies in plastic surgery at Hospital Brigadeiro, Brazil. from 1987-1990. In 1991, Dr. Lev was Certified by the Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgeons and the Medical College of Doctors and Surgeons of Costa Rica. He is a former Vice President of the Costa Rican Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Association and affiliated with the International Confederation for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS) and the Ibero-Latin American Federation of Plastic Surgeons.

I had a breast reduction in 98 and just a month ago had a TT and an arm lift w lipo in various areas. U r going to do great! I take bromelain pills ( when I remember ) and that's what's in pineapple. It helps w swelling. I started it about 3 weeks after my SX. I have arnica gel but don't see much results from it. Everyone is different. After your surgery just rest and drink a lot of water. Good luck!
Thanks for all your journey and information let my tell you it helps a lot, my doctor recommened lots of fruits and veggies doing as told and pineapple was one of them...
I will eat pineapples when i have a cough too :) Thanks,good to know since winter is creeping up.
Arnica is not supposed to be ingested it's best as cream for bruises and pain. It's awesome for your post lipo massages!!
Best wishes on your arm lift. Happy trails and a speedy recovery in Nov.
Thnak you....
Are you EXCITED? New arms,tummy and breasts very soon. I want my abs&waist done Nov 14th.
Have a Happy Thursday1
Very excited....
Me too. My abs in October. My arms already done :) lol
I got brachio recently and had tummy tuck about 9 years ago. I can't imagine doing both at the same time because that means you will be out if commission 100% for a few weeks. You need your arms or abs to get up, get out of bed, and pretty much every movement you make. I hope you have a team of people helping you so that your stitches heal well. Please be careful and take care. The procedures you are doing together are very serious, especially in terms of healing. All the best.
Dear BackTo Best ...I appreciate your concern I have cop/pasted your comment and sent it to my physician. I am staying at a recovery center for 5 weeks one of the reasons that I chose to do this in Costa Rica great doctor and the Recovery care center that has 24/7 care.
If you have help 24/7 that's awesome!! I wish you the best. Can't wait to see pics!!
I'm planning on doing some surgeries similar to yours in Costa Rica. I'm very interested in keeping in touch & knowing your Dr. & the recovery center. Please let me know the names & costs. Wishing you a speedy recovery & a great outcome!
Wow you are brave to have your surgeries so close together. I'm still researching arm lift and plan to have in oct ( if I do it) thanks for sharing your journey
Well some do them all together. My doctor doesn't want to keep me under an extended length of time. It costs me a lot more because there are two hospital fees etc. I am actually doing mine in Costa Rica I love the surgeon he has been doing this for 25 plus years. But what I really wanted was a long term recovery center for several weeks in a beautiful setting. They have a nurse on staff and cook all my meals organic and fresh I am 55 time to do things for me. I am waiting to post photos under each category until I am closer to my surgery date because I am still losing weight. :)
is the price of $4000 include the recovery center also, or just the surgeon and hospital?
No the recovery center is another cost. I chose an all inclusive recovery center that I will be staying at for several weeks. I want to take this time to totally rest and relax.
may i ask what the name of it is? as i am looking into that also
hi, i read your list of vitamins, etc to take before surgery, and i consulted with my surgeon Dr miguel alfaro who is at cima..he says definately no arnica pills, it thins the blood. Also my homeopath acupuncturists says that all of that is overkill, just the vitamin c and eat fresh pineapple for the bromelain, costa rica grows tons of pineapple.
Welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

Good luck with your surgery. Are you having it because of major weight loss, or just generally losing a few pounds/having excess skin?
I carry weight in my arms it goes with large breasts and I have lost weight and am wanting to lose more before my surgery in November.
Hello I have been thinking of having my arms done also in Costa Rica my brother has a home there but would like to go to a recovery center. Would you post the name of it. Thank you & best wishes to you.
Sure Che-Tica I have been very impressed by their prompted email responses...They are a turnkey deal... nice in so many ways. Your own private cottage organic fresh cooked meals. A nurse on staff. 80 acres of nature. This is a big part of why I am doing my surgeries there a great doctor and the place to recover is key for me. :)