Arm Lift - Costa Rica includes CIMA hospital costs

I am having three procedures I want to post in...

I am having three procedures I want to post in each category. This arm lift will be done with my tummy tuck. I will post photos closer to me surgery date. I am losing more weight and want the pictures to be current. I had listed all three together but I know that I read in each section Arm Lift, Tummy Tuck and Breast Reduction. This way i can report on each one.

This was posted on my recovery center website by another person who had stayed there.

START TWO WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY, AND CONTINUE FOR TWO WEEKS AFTER...OR LONGER
IF YOU WISH.

Vitamin C - 1000-2000mg 1-2 times a day. Promotes Healing and is a free radical scavenger.

Zinc - 50mg 3 times daily with food. Aids in healing.

Coenzyme Q-10 - 100mg twice daily. Immune booster, anti-oxidant, heart protector, promotes healing.

L-Carnitine - 500mg Twice daily. Essential to tissue recovery.

MSM(methyl-sulfonyl-methane) - 1000mg twice daily. Natural form of organic sulfur and an antioxidant great for hair,skin nails. Detoxifies the body, increases blood circulation and reduces inflammation.

Alpha Lipoic Acid - 100 mg twice daily. Powerful antioxidant and promotes healing.

START ONE DAY BEFORE SURGERY:

Arnica Montana - Decreases Swelling...recommends Sinnech brand fromhttp://www.alpinepharm.com/
Capsule before surgery, after surgery, night of surgery. Then 3 times a day
for 3-4 days.

Bromelain - 500 mg 2 times per day, and continue for 5 more days post surgery. Pineapple enzyme decreases bruising.
bromelain helps with:

-digestion and indigestion
-prevention blood clots from forming,
-back aches
-bronchitis
-burn debridement
-osteoarthritis

because of its anti inflammatory properties it sooths sinus discomfort and possibly (still in research phase) for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and MS.

Bromelain may increase the potency of antibiotics and chemotherapy It is thought that Bromelain helps the cell pumps move fluid in and out of the cell so it moves blood and blood based fluids faster and more completely thus lessoning the bruises.

Photos of my arms before arm lift

I have big 36DDD breasts as they grew so sis my arms. I have not worn even short sleeves in 15 years. I am having a Breast Reduction a Tummy Tuck and an arm lift. If I reduce the girls and still have huge arms I won't be able to find tops that fit me properly.

Photos of my before arm lift

I am having a breast reduction I am a 36DDD I feel Ineed to do my arms or I will not be able to fit into shirts properly.

Arnica? What do you think?

So many are posting to take this! Here is what my doctor says:
WHAT TO STOP TAKING THREE WEEKS PRIOR TO SURGERY
Any drugs containing aspirin
Anything containing Vitamin E
Coumadin or any other blood thinning agent**
Anti-Inflammatories of any kind
Arnica or any homeopathic medication
Smoking of any sort

2 more months getting excited 11/18/20014

I took down the arnica photo my physician does not want me taking it. I will be eating lots of pineapple though lots of healing properties. I booked this 4 months ago...

Just one month and 5 days away!

We arrive in Costa Rica on 11/2 to have some fun and tour Atenas, Costa Rica...we are considering retiring there! :) My Tummy Tuck and Arm Lift is on the 18th! Super excited!

Two weeks until my Arm Lift!

Leave Monday.... 11/02 for Costa Rica a Week of fun! Then 11/18 my Tummy Tuck. I have packed for 2 months. I Love my Dr.Lev and his assistant Didi. I am thrilled with Che-Tica the amazing place I will be recovering. At 55 it's about me and that's a new feeling. Very Exciting! I Appreciate Real Self for almost 6 months I have read every posts and I will now be sharing my journey as well! Love to all and Prayers appreciated for me on 11/11/2014 for my Breast Reduction 11/18/2014 ...is my Tummy Tuck and my Arm Lift.

11/11/2014 photo today ARM Lift 11/12

I am thrilled

very one day post op

arms not sore but forearms are swollen

The swelling is going down ...but my left is more swollen. Had my arm lift with my tummy tuck on 11/11/2014

4 days post op Arm Lift feeling great

I am 55 years young. On 11/11 2014 I had a tummy tuck and an arm lift. The Arm Lift is painless... I am attaching photos of the markings from the doctor A GRAPHIC photo of skin removed. And the photo take right after surgery. They are itching a little which is good. On the third day yesterday he re-did my the tape on my incisions.

One more photo just 3 days after with tape removed

Before he re-did the tape

TWO new photos Right and Left Arm Lift 4 days post op

They do not hurt at all some positions if I twist weird I feel them... Very happy of course still swollen.

TWO new photos Right and Left Arm Lift 4 days post op

Very Happy no pain...can feel pulling if I over extended them ...still swollen of course.

4 new photos 5 days post op

My main bruising is under my arms or arm pits. The one bruise you seen closer to me forearm is from having blood drawn. Have had no pain at all just discomfort if I put to much pressure like pulling myself up . The swelling has really gone down especially my forearms. :)

The best thing to wear for recovery in my opinion.

Zip up the front Caftans ....I added two photos ...you can find them on line from 15.00 to 25.00 each. The are roomy... comfy and so easy to just unzip all the way and step into the front. You can get short or long sleeves.

Day by day better and better patience is key

Arms swollen but looking better every day. The feel kind of plastic like at times.

Two week Post Op Arm Lift

Each day my arms get smaller and so does the stitches. I get a lymphatic massage daily. I am very happy they feel last tight/plastic everyday. Pretty much painless.
Costa Rica Plastic Surgeon

Dr. ALEJANDRO LEV Dr. Alejandro Lev was born in Argentina on May 10, 1960. He is a graduate of the University of Costa Rica, where he attended from 1979-1984. From 1985-1987 Dr. Lev completed his residency program in General Surgery at the San Juan de Dios Hospital in San Jose, Costa Rica and advanced studies in plastic surgery at Hospital Brigadeiro, Brazil. from 1987-1990. In 1991, Dr. Lev was Certified by the Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgeons and the Medical College of Doctors and Surgeons of Costa Rica. He is a former Vice President of the Costa Rican Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Association and affiliated with the International Confederation for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS) and the Ibero-Latin American Federation of Plastic Surgeons.