Arm Lift - Costa Rica includes CIMA hospital costs

I am having three procedures I want to post in...

I am having three procedures I want to post in each category. This arm lift will be done with my tummy tuck. I will post photos closer to me surgery date. I am losing more weight and want the pictures to be current. I had listed all three together but I know that I read in each section Arm Lift, Tummy Tuck and Breast Reduction. This way i can report on each one.

I got brachio recently and had tummy tuck about 9 years ago. I can't imagine doing both at the same time because that means you will be out if commission 100% for a few weeks. You need your arms or abs to get up, get out of bed, and pretty much every movement you make. I hope you have a team of people helping you so that your stitches heal well. Please be careful and take care. The procedures you are doing together are very serious, especially in terms of healing. All the best.
Dear BackTo Best ...I appreciate your concern I have cop/pasted your comment and sent it to my physician. I am staying at a recovery center for 5 weeks one of the reasons that I chose to do this in Costa Rica great doctor and the Recovery care center that has 24/7 care.
Wow you are brave to have your surgeries so close together. I'm still researching arm lift and plan to have in oct ( if I do it) thanks for sharing your journey

This was posted on my recovery center website by another person who had stayed there.

START TWO WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY, AND CONTINUE FOR TWO WEEKS AFTER...OR LONGER
IF YOU WISH.

Vitamin C - 1000-2000mg 1-2 times a day. Promotes Healing and is a free radical scavenger.

Zinc - 50mg 3 times daily with food. Aids in healing.

Coenzyme Q-10 - 100mg twice daily. Immune booster, anti-oxidant, heart protector, promotes healing.

L-Carnitine - 500mg Twice daily. Essential to tissue recovery.

MSM(methyl-sulfonyl-methane) - 1000mg twice daily. Natural form of organic sulfur and an antioxidant great for hair,skin nails. Detoxifies the body, increases blood circulation and reduces inflammation.

Alpha Lipoic Acid - 100 mg twice daily. Powerful antioxidant and promotes healing.

START ONE DAY BEFORE SURGERY:

Arnica Montana - Decreases Swelling...recommends Sinnech brand fromhttp://www.alpinepharm.com/
Capsule before surgery, after surgery, night of surgery. Then 3 times a day
for 3-4 days.

Bromelain - 500 mg 2 times per day, and continue for 5 more days post surgery. Pineapple enzyme decreases bruising.
bromelain helps with:

-digestion and indigestion
-prevention blood clots from forming,
-back aches
-bronchitis
-burn debridement
-osteoarthritis

because of its anti inflammatory properties it sooths sinus discomfort and possibly (still in research phase) for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and MS.

Bromelain may increase the potency of antibiotics and chemotherapy It is thought that Bromelain helps the cell pumps move fluid in and out of the cell so it moves blood and blood based fluids faster and more completely thus lessoning the bruises.

If you have help 24/7 that's awesome!! I wish you the best. Can't wait to see pics!!

Photos of my arms before arm lift

I have big 36DDD breasts as they grew so sis my arms. I have not worn even short sleeves in 15 years. I am having a Breast Reduction a Tummy Tuck and an arm lift. If I reduce the girls and still have huge arms I won't be able to find tops that fit me properly.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Photos of my before arm lift

I am having a breast reduction I am a 36DDD I feel Ineed to do my arms or I will not be able to fit into shirts properly.

Best wishes on your arm lift. Happy trails and a speedy recovery in Nov.
Thnak you....
Are you EXCITED? New arms,tummy and breasts very soon. I want my abs&waist done Nov 14th.

Arnica? What do you think?

So many are posting to take this! Here is what my doctor says:
WHAT TO STOP TAKING THREE WEEKS PRIOR TO SURGERY
Any drugs containing aspirin
Anything containing Vitamin E
Coumadin or any other blood thinning agent**
Anti-Inflammatories of any kind
Arnica or any homeopathic medication
Smoking of any sort

Have a Happy Thursday1
Very excited....
Me too. My abs in October. My arms already done :) lol

2 more months getting excited 11/18/20014

I took down the arnica photo my physician does not want me taking it. I will be eating lots of pineapple though lots of healing properties. I booked this 4 months ago...

Good luck on ur surgeries
I had a breast reduction in 98 and just a month ago had a TT and an arm lift w lipo in various areas. U r going to do great! I take bromelain pills ( when I remember ) and that's what's in pineapple. It helps w swelling. I started it about 3 weeks after my SX. I have arnica gel but don't see much results from it. Everyone is different. After your surgery just rest and drink a lot of water. Good luck!
Thanks for all your journey and information let my tell you it helps a lot, my doctor recommened lots of fruits and veggies doing as told and pineapple was one of them...

Just one month and 5 days away!

We arrive in Costa Rica on 11/2 to have some fun and tour Atenas, Costa Rica...we are considering retiring there! :) My Tummy Tuck and Arm Lift is on the 18th! Super excited!

That sounds amazing. Costa Rica is on the Bucket list. Rain forests :) Happy Trail and prayers for your sx
You are very welcome :)
Dr. Lev

Dr. ALEJANDRO LEV Dr. Alejandro Lev was born in Argentina on May 10, 1960. He is a graduate of the University of Costa Rica, where he attended from 1979-1984. From 1985-1987 Dr. Lev completed his residency program in General Surgery at the San Juan de Dios Hospital in San Jose, Costa Rica and advanced studies in plastic surgery at Hospital Brigadeiro, Brazil. from 1987-1990. In 1991, Dr. Lev was Certified by the Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgeons and the Medical College of Doctors and Surgeons of Costa Rica. He is a former Vice President of the Costa Rican Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Association and affiliated with the International Confederation for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS) and the Ibero-Latin American Federation of Plastic Surgeons.