Painful Procedure Even With High Pain Threshold - San Jose, CA

The cons are the cost and pain. However, I got a...

The cons are the cost and pain. However, I got a Groupon coupon so my procedure was a lot less expensive than usual.

I have a high threshold for pain. I couldn't take prescription meds because I drove myself, so I took 800 mg. of Ibuprofin and 1000 mg of Tylenol. I don't know if that helped at all cuz it still hurt like h*ll - some shots more than others. Before the procedure began the technician drew lines on my face for placement. Then she brought out the machine and gave me short bursts of sound? which at times felt like a huge needle being jabbed deep into my skin. The entire time was not like this. In face it hurt more at first. It's similar to the pain of electrolysis, except some of the shots felt quite a bit worse than that. The procedure takes a long time. I arrived at 2:30 and left at 5:30 (the first forty-give minutes was taken up with paperwork and answering questions and there was a 10 minute break in the middle). The pain was at times just barely bearable, but worth it if there is a noticeable improvement. By the time I left the office there was no pain and very little redness. I was able to go out to the mall with no make-up on at all and not feel like a freak. I have some bruising on my lower face - especially on the right side, but nothing terrible as yet. We'll see how I look tomorrow. Oh, I brought a banana with me and was glad I had something to eat during the break.

I woke up this morning with no bruising but my jaw...

I woke up this morning with no bruising but my jaw was swollen - not huge but pretty unattractive - pretty much the opposite of what I was going for :) However, I still went out as planned and just attempted to smile all day because the swelling isn't visible when I smile - it was pretty awkward, but nobody mentioned anything. My lower jaw and under my chin are sore. Not painful, just slightly sore. Oh, and I neglected to mention yesterday, I am 55 years old.

I realized I should probably put this here - as I...

I realized I should probably put this here - as I mentioned below I would like to amend my rating of 5 for after-care to three. And again, there actually was still bruising which I didn't see in the bad light of my bathroom, but it lasted for weeks. And even after all this time under my chin is still a tiny bit sensitive. As of yet I see no positive change, but I'll let you know if I do.
Reviance

I would rate them later, as I don't know what the results or after follow-up are as yet, but this site is forcing me to rate them before I can submit this so I will give them all 5's for now. So far so good. I have been very happy with the people that I have dealt with there so far. I hope I can change my rating if my results turn out bad.

Okay, nevermind the last post. I just figured out how to edit my rating. Other than the pain, my experience there was good. The results were not though.
I WANT TO CHANGE MY RATING TO A 2, SINCE THE THREE MONTHS HAVE PASSED AND I SEE NO CHANGE FOR THE BETTER.
Okay, the 3 month mark has passed and I really don't see a difference. Nobody has made any comments. I know it's hard to see a difference when you see yourself every day, but if there were a difference then at least SOMEONE should have noticed!
OH and by the way, I thought I could edit my rating but apparently I can't. The week after I did get a message left on my phone but that wasn't much. I would like to amend my after care follow-up to 3 stars. Is that possible?
Gee, thanks for the information. It looks like Reviance have this special deal on ultherapy several times a year. FOr 2012 , it looks like they are having it for the 3rd time. THey had one in Jan 2012, one in March 2012 and I missed both of them. Just early this morning Groupon sent out a notificiation of their specials and Reviance is offering their Ultheraphy special like the past, but they higher the price by I think $200 if you do all three (brow life, neck , and lower face). So far, as of 5 p.m. no one purchased it. I thought for face, it would include the forhead cuz brow is just the small part above the eyebrow. I don't know if I want it or not after see so many negative stuff all over the internet about them. I had radiesse and botox by them more than 3 years ago. I am afraid they do a rush job cuz they is what it sound like from reading negative comments. The price seem okay, but if they cannot do the job right, then what is the point??? I read it is all about the person that is doing the ultherapy. IF he/she isn't trained well or have the right techniques, then even the cheapest price of 1699 is a lot of money waste.
It wasn't a doctor. When I got there they said doctor's don't perform the procedures just the technicians (the same person who was manning the front desk when I arrived). I believe her name started with a K...I asked about it and she said they didn't do that. And let me ammend what I wrote earlier. I had said the bruising was gone, but the light was bad. The bruising lasted for weeks! In fact about 3 weeks after a friend of mine made a comment on the bruise (I hadn't told her about the procedure.) I'm sure many others noticed but were too nice to say anything. The swelling finally went down and I no longer look like the giggity guy on Family Guy. I see no difference and so far nobody has made any comments, but I have a couple more months to go.
Hello Down By the Bay
Which Doctor did it for you at reviance. A freind of mine had radiesse done 4 years ago by Dr. Jeffrey P. She said he was very nice and gave her free dental block so she didn't have to feel any pain. She said she didn't feel any pain and the radiesse lasted over 1 year on her vertical lines next to her mouth. I saw that deal just now, but it expired damn!!! I want to try it myself. Please be so kind to keep posting on your progress. Thanks.

Smart about bringing a banana with you! Thanks for your detailed experience. This is great for others considering the procedure.  Would love to see pics if you have them.

Did your price for the procedure include the groupon or is that what it would have cost if you didn't have it?

It included the groupon. And unfortunately I didn't take any pictures before. (I've been steadily avoiding cameras - thus the need for the procedure.)