Painful Procedure Even With High Pain Threshold - San Jose, CA

The cons are the cost and pain. However, I got a...

The cons are the cost and pain. However, I got a Groupon coupon so my procedure was a lot less expensive than usual.

I have a high threshold for pain. I couldn't take prescription meds because I drove myself, so I took 800 mg. of Ibuprofin and 1000 mg of Tylenol. I don't know if that helped at all cuz it still hurt like h*ll - some shots more than others. Before the procedure began the technician drew lines on my face for placement. Then she brought out the machine and gave me short bursts of sound? which at times felt like a huge needle being jabbed deep into my skin. The entire time was not like this. In face it hurt more at first. It's similar to the pain of electrolysis, except some of the shots felt quite a bit worse than that. The procedure takes a long time. I arrived at 2:30 and left at 5:30 (the first forty-give minutes was taken up with paperwork and answering questions and there was a 10 minute break in the middle). The pain was at times just barely bearable, but worth it if there is a noticeable improvement. By the time I left the office there was no pain and very little redness. I was able to go out to the mall with no make-up on at all and not feel like a freak. I have some bruising on my lower face - especially on the right side, but nothing terrible as yet. We'll see how I look tomorrow. Oh, I brought a banana with me and was glad I had something to eat during the break.

I woke up this morning with no bruising but my jaw...

I woke up this morning with no bruising but my jaw was swollen - not huge but pretty unattractive - pretty much the opposite of what I was going for :) However, I still went out as planned and just attempted to smile all day because the swelling isn't visible when I smile - it was pretty awkward, but nobody mentioned anything. My lower jaw and under my chin are sore. Not painful, just slightly sore. Oh, and I neglected to mention yesterday, I am 55 years old.
Hello Down By the Bay
Which Doctor did it for you at reviance. A freind of mine had radiesse done 4 years ago by Dr. Jeffrey P. She said he was very nice and gave her free dental block so she didn't have to feel any pain. She said she didn't feel any pain and the radiesse lasted over 1 year on her vertical lines next to her mouth. I saw that deal just now, but it expired damn!!! I want to try it myself. Please be so kind to keep posting on your progress. Thanks.

Smart about bringing a banana with you! Thanks for your detailed experience. This is great for others considering the procedure.  Would love to see pics if you have them.

Did your price for the procedure include the groupon or is that what it would have cost if you didn't have it?

I realized I should probably put this here - as I...

I realized I should probably put this here - as I mentioned below I would like to amend my rating of 5 for after-care to three. And again, there actually was still bruising which I didn't see in the bad light of my bathroom, but it lasted for weeks. And even after all this time under my chin is still a tiny bit sensitive. As of yet I see no positive change, but I'll let you know if I do.
Okay, nevermind the last post. I just figured out how to edit my rating. Other than the pain, my experience there was good. The results were not though.
I WANT TO CHANGE MY RATING TO A 2, SINCE THE THREE MONTHS HAVE PASSED AND I SEE NO CHANGE FOR THE BETTER.
Okay, the 3 month mark has passed and I really don't see a difference. Nobody has made any comments. I know it's hard to see a difference when you see yourself every day, but if there were a difference then at least SOMEONE should have noticed!
Reviance

I would rate them later, as I don't know what the results or after follow-up are as yet, but this site is forcing me to rate them before I can submit this so I will give them all 5's for now. So far so good. I have been very happy with the people that I have dealt with there so far. I hope I can change my rating if my results turn out bad.