Major Back Problems - San Jose, CA

Hi, I am 47 yrs old, with every disc problem known...

Hi, I am 47 yrs old, with every disc problem known to man kind in my lower back. I also have bursitis & neuropathy (no diabetes). I have a long list of other medical issues, but they aren't related to all this. I am currently 80 - 100 lbs overweight, & my breasts are a size I. After surgery, the Dr thinks he will remove about 10 lbs & I will happily be a D cup!

Before photos

46 I, hoping to go down to D

Overweight more noticeable after surgery?

As I mentioned & you can see from my pic, I've got a pretty good stomach in place. I'm wondering once I do the BR, is my stomach going to be even more noticeable? Of course of like to lose the weight, but as we all know it's easier said than done . I considered having WLS, but I feel it is to risky for me , so that leaves good 'ole fashion diet & e ex exercise. Did anyone feel like their stomach looked bigger after surgery? Dix it moti Ate u to lose the extra weight

Getting a bit anxious

Hi Ladies, thanks so much for the responses, I greatly appreciate it! I love this forum, because I get to read about all the ins & outs from people who have actually experienced it. Today I got word my insurance approved everything which is of course, what I want, but...there is a little part of me that is worried about the pain afterwards, & the chance that I might not be happy with the results, or I could end up with an infection or something like that. I am just going to keep praying that all goes well, & that this is the right thing for me. Thanks again for continuing to share your stories!

Markings

Doc did these yesterday & they don't come off in the shower
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

I am sure you will feel so much lighter!!! I am excited for you :) Lots of luck and a good recovery!
Waiting to know how you are. I have had you in my thoughts.
Hoping your surgery went well. Looking forward to seeing how you are doing. Hope you have a wonderful recovery.
Best wishes today for a safe surgery.
That is going to be a big reduction, you will be loving the results. Hope all goes well, see you on the smaller side!
All normal feelings. I have had many surgeries and I woke thinking this pain isn't so bad....you will be amazed at how it will change your life for the better!
I was worried too, and that I was going to die. But I didn't. I breezed through it. It was painful but the drugs kept that under control. I was ok. I had some issues with healing but got through that too.
I had the same fears before surgery but once I woke up I realized that this was the best decision I could have ever made. There was pain and sometimes there are healing issues but in the end it's so worth it :-)
I was really worried that my stomach would look bigger after surgery too! But since my breasts are lifted and perkier :) they still protrude out farther than my tummy. Now I do notice my tummy more, but overall I really think Iook slimmer. You will be able to stand up straighter and that in itself makes a world of difference. I am more anxious to start exercising when given the all clear. Good luck! No matter what your breasts will look amazing and you will see your self confidence increase. :)
I'm 35 y/o a 38 J I'm 5'3 192 pounds. I worry a b/r will make me look fatter but I think ppl can see my fatness now, I just can't see it because my huge boobs hide the view. I say go for it. I have low disc problems too and now shoulder and neck pain all the time. I think being healthy and pain free is more important than looking slim. I'm trying to think this way but it's hard. Everyone wants to look nice :) best of luck.
Yup, tummy def more noticeable, have same issue. Working on losing some weight, and gonna have a tummy tuck to remove the flap left from c-section.
I am prepared for the fact that post surgery, my tummy is going to look huge, but telling myself that it will be an incentive to lose a bit of weight and tone up. One step at a time I think. A lot of people find it hard to exercise before the BR which is ironic if they get told to lose weight.
I guess you feel so much better after the surgey that i woudn't think too much of the tummy. Yes it will stand out more, but maybe that is benefitial because you have more drive to diet and do something about it then now. I hope this strategy works for me too as i have read it here from a few other women too
I have found that my tummy is more noticeable post-op. I was very overweight prior to surgery and my breast hid my tummy but once I had my surgery there was nothing to hide my tummy :-)
Go for it! I am overweight too, but had my breast reduction (40DDD/E down to nice 40C). It helps immensely, and my guess is it will help with some of your health issues. I KNOW it will make you feel better. Best wishes and I look forward to hearing about your results.
Congrats on this awesome decision - you will be so pleased :-)
good luck it is life changing I would definitely do it again...patience is my biggest hurtle at the moment.
Good luck on ur coming surgery. I hv to say I never heard of size l boobs b4. Its gonna b a life changing transformation