Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder. Especially the Client ! - San Jose, CA

Absolutely a wonderful experience! For people who...

Absolutely a wonderful experience! For people who come in and expect a doctor to make you beautiful based on his judgement only .. You need to do more research. Sure, the doctor is trained to operate facial plastic surgical , but what's beautiful to one might not be beautiful to another ! So whoever that wrote underneath saying doctor lay doesn't know what he is doing, you're absolutely wrong. You clearly don't know what you want in the first place . In fact, when I met doctor lay 2 years ago (I was younger of course) but because of the fact doctor Lay felt like I am not ready to make a permanent decision, he refused to work on me. I was of course like many women, seek to be beautiful like the women on the magazine with certain nose that doesn't even fit my face but was the trend of what's considered beautiful today. As time goes by though, I've done more research, comparing my face shape and what's the appropriate nose shape that would fit my face. I came to doctor lay second time around and with a steady and conscious mind, I gave him enough reason to work on me. He is the most knowledgable, caring and most importantly ethical doctor you'll find out there. Remember, doctors are not god ! They can only do so much.. It is you, your own will to become someone you want to look like. Don't believe me? Look at those women in Korea. They all look alike because of the recent "trend". So make sure when you consult with doctor lay, be very thorough. What would you want your tip to look like? What are you trying to achieve? And of course he, himself will give you professional advices whether that fits you or not.

All in all, very happy with his kind hospitality. He is not all about the money or being famous for creating a Barbie . He makes you who you are ! His staff are wonderful to work with! You know sometimes when you're done with a service , they take your money , do their job and let you go. We'll trust me, his office is his heart and soul and his work is his pride! His staff went above and beyond to provide you patients care. I enjoy talking I every one of them. I am a psychology major and these people are direct, no bs, and they will refuse business if they don't feel like you need it without overselling anything. I paid these guys for their skills, I put them to test that's beyond what they usually do and they exceed my expectation through their skills and knowledge! Just wonderful ! And here's another thing. He is known for working on ethnic group, especially Asian patients. Not only is he knowledgable on the anatomy of Asian facial structure, he is very knowledgeable of the Asian culture! And that makes me comfortable bringing my aunts, grandma or cousins in. Because he knows how to deal of different age group and treat how they would like to be treated, not just as a client. Very respectful man, great man! I am currently healing but I cannot say enough about the service of this clinic!

So far so good

Here is 1 week after surgery . Just had my stitches removed ! I am still pretty bruised and swollen. But, so darn natural looking .

This is how I looked before !!!

So this is how my nose look before surgery. Even after contouring and everything, it still somewhat flat and short.

This is how I want my nose to look

Ofcourse I know it cannot look exactly like that. But Dr lay studied the look that I am going for and tried to turn my short nose into hers. She has a good bridge with a defined yet button looking tip. The cartilage dr lay grafted amazingly resembles hers, especially when light hits. The shape is kind of like a heart (:

Photos of the look

2 weeks surgery

Been super busy but here is the side view . I am still pretty swollen. I guess being Asian, you intake more salt than anyone else aha .

1 month

1 month and I am extremely happy with the result so far. I just hope it looks better as time goes by because I heard with cartilage grafting.. Things could change. However, I trust my doctor completely (:

Happy

Overall I am extremely happy. Dr lay has been wonderful from my initial consultation til 2 years later and then surgery and follow ups. Remember that plastic surgery is just like makeup except it is permanent. The whole purpose is to accentuate your own beauty not create you into someone different. I am happy i am still myself except all the Asian people think I have perfect nose but nobody knows I got plastic surgery. I am still a bit swollen but I am one happy girl. I no longer need to contour to make my nose more prominent. Thank you Dr lay !

Last photo (:

Me drvn through the storm.. Feeling all pretty even when it's pouring and gloomy ehehee
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Respectful, skillful and always eager to solve patients problems . Not the know it all type like many doctors. Meticulous on his research to help patient reach their goals .