28 Year Old - Ptosis Repair and Eyelid Crease - San Jose, CA

I am a week or so post-operative and I found Dr....

I am a week or so post-operative and I found Dr. Lay through this site, so I wanted to contribute.

Background:
I had ptosis on my left eye that has bothered me for very long. I'm pretty sure it's genetic on my father's side: I was sitting with my cousins once and one pointed out that everyone around the table had a smaller left eye than the right eye. And she was right, all 7 of us did. It was scary/uncanny/funny. In my mind, I typically refer to the eye as my "wonky eye". I hated taking pictures from that side of the face because the eye would always be mostly closed when I was smiling. Ugh.

My mother asked me to find her facelift surgeons and I spent a while googling and reading this site. I put together a list, and on impulse, I called Dr. Lay for an appointment to see if he could fix my left eye. He said yes, and also informed me my right eye also had a lot of skin that can be removed to open the eye more. (It did and it was difficult to apply makeup!) He also suggested parallel creases.

The surgery:
Local anesthesia. The numbing needle is the most painful part, but the rest of it is surprisingly pain-free, even the recovery period. Dr. Lay spent quite a while drawing pre-surgery to make sure my eyes were even, which shows attention to detail. Probably the only sensation I really felt was a "pulling" sensation as he tightened my levator muscle.

Post-op:
It's only been 9 days or so since the surgery, but the swelling has dramatically reduced and look human again. The eyes look good so far (they match!!!) and I am very glad I chose someone who knows Asian eyes well. I'm very excited to see how they'll turn out. The main goal was to have my eyes match, and anything above that is icing on the cake. I also am planning to fully geek out on makeup once the skin allows more makeup adherence.

As for my mother, she was horrified when she first saw me (she greeted me a few days post-surgery with "WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOURSELF!") but now that it's swelled down, wants to come with me to my checkup for her own consultation now.

Highly recommend the doctor. It's important to choose a doctor who will customize things based on your face and has artistic capabilities. He's very skilled and took the time to make sure they look good. Also, he offers extremely inexpensive revisions in case the surgery doesn't turn out well (I hear revisions are typically very expensive), so the guarantee is comforting.
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thorough, responsive, and knows what he is doing.

So happy for you! What were your eye measurements?
Do you have before and post op pics that you could share? So far, I've read good reviews on Dr Chase Lay that i might consider contacting him.
So how much does it all costs, what about the stitches now? I already found some network community sites of doctors and clinics I think they are also been awarded as Top LASIK Surgery in Mexico. I invite you to have some meaningful talks and exchange of stories at PlacidWay. What you think?
Thanks for sharing!  Sounds like you may be sending a lot of family referrals to this doc ;)

What kind of stitches did you have- dissolvable?
They were not dissolvable; he says he tends to remove some 5 days post-op and the rest at 7 days post-op. That being said, I think the stitches were pretty nicely done (kinda didn't show up when I opened my eyes - but that may have also been the swelling....), especially when compared to some other asian eye surgery stitches that I have seen (big black threads that can be clearly seen). That is only a minor bonus because the swelling doesn't make you pretty by any sense of the imagination :).
That is nice that the stitches were not noticeable when your eyes were open.  How is the swelling now?  I know you said it went down in general, but are you experiencing day to day differences?
It's been 11 days post-op and swelling has reduced significantly (thank goodness). My significant other thinks the eyes are very pretty now. In the morning, I think they tend to be a bit more swollen and then in the evening they shrink down. The left eye (ptosis repair) is still tender, so any attempts at putting on eyeliner have been abandoned.
Oh yeah definitely take your time with the makeup.  I had the same thing with more swelling in the morning (it was a lower bleph so a different surgery).  It sounds like you are healing really fast!