TIGHT, Ripply, Dimply, Ridgy, Lumpy, Bumpy Abs After Laser Lipo...any Advice? - San Francisco, CA

Several years ago I had lipo done on my abs, which...

Several years ago I had lipo done on my abs, which were pretty beforehand (just had a little pouch), leaving them ripply, dimply, ridgy, lumpy, and bumpy. I have regretted it ever since. So, I decided to have revision lipo done, as well as other untreated areas, to try and correct them and hope for a smooth outcome. The doctor used laser lipo as well as cellulaze. It has been 2 1/2 weeks now. But, unfortunately they are more irregular now then before and are EXTREMELY tight...so much so that if I stand too upright it feels as though they will just snap. This concerns me. Will this subside? Could the extra irregularities be due to the tightness and scar tissue from previous lipo? I started lymphatic drainage massage and ultrasound the second week and will continue for another 4-5 weeks as advised. I think maybe after this step I will try endermologie, lipo sonic, and/or vela shape, as I have read that all three of these procedures can help smooth things out.

FYI, Unlike the first time, I do not think this is doctor error, as every other area he did that had never had lipo on before has turned out great so far. I do plan to ask him these questions as well at my next post-op appointment. It's too bad I didn't have him the first time. He is a really good doctor with great bedside manner, and I highly recommend him: But, ANY advice would be very appreciated. I am open and receptive to the different opinions of different doctors. I will do anything, to once again, have smooth abs. Thank you:)

9 weeks out update...

Sorry it took so long to update. I am almost 9 weeks out and am doing much better. I started with the lymphatic massage for three weeks and then incorporated doing fascia work, stretching, and over all healing type massage. I have gone 3 times a week until this week and I am down to once a week now. I've done ultrasound almost every time right before or after my healing massage sessions. I have also been doing castor oil packs at night when I can while watching tv or whatever, which is suppose to help with scar tissue amongst numerous other things. I have been taking Gotu Kola liquid, and Wobenzym N which is good for scar tissue ( it "eats" scar tissue), immune system, as well as many other beneficial factors. The results thus far have improved over-all. The tightness has subsided for the most part. The scar tissue has softened tremendously. The hard scar tissue lumps have pretty much softened and disappeared. To the eye, things have smoothed out some, which is what I was hoping for. There are still some irregularities with small fat pockets, some ripples, and some dimples, but, not to the extreme that it was. I am still healing though, still have a little soreness, and swelling will come and go due to how much physical exertion there is. I am working long days again and also working out. I eat very healthy, no grains, no gluten, no processed food, just whole, healthy, vegan food. I feel great over all. In a couple of weeks I think I will start endermology, and then at some point the Liposonix which is a new technology that can target fat pockets. Again, I am happy with the results so far. I hope this helps. Please feel free to ask any questions.
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

He is a great doctor with very good bedside manners:) I could not be happier with my decision in choosing Dr. Fan. He is always available when I need him, returns my calls promptly, and cares about follow-up appointments. He wants the improvement for me as much as I want it, and is willing to work with me until the end. Compared to past experiences, he is refreshing and a great surgeon, very talented:)

How are you feeling?
I just posted an update:)

Now that nearly another week has passed, has the tight feeling eased up some? Would love to hear an update on how you are doing.

Just posted an update:)