45 This Summer. Getting a Neck, Face and Temple Lift with Fat Transfer!! - San Francisco, CA

Very excited and nervous to be getting my face...

Very excited and nervous to be getting my face done this summer. I hate my neck, which has aged a lot in the last couple years and how the corners of my mouth are going down, early jowling blech! One side of my face looks older than the other side, too. No review yet, as I'm going in at the end of June. Nervous of the outcome, and how I will feel after! I'm an theater actress, I sing and do pinup modeling for fun! Divorced and single.. hopefully won't be single forever!

Eek! One month to go, time to try and post pics!

So, in a month I am getting my "early maintenance" facelift (just a regular facelift, not short scar) necklift, browlift and partial face, and lip fat transfer. bleh. I am told I can't take my new headshot photos for 3-4 months after. So no auditioning either, until November! Such a long time! I'm scared of my face changing, but I am also hopeful in my chosen dr.'s skills.. :) I have a very youthful face, and it's looks kinda weird to me as I age. I am 45 years old next month, and I like the way I look. I just want to maintain the way I look. I don't like my neck at all, though! I took some pics of me tonight with dirty hair and no makeup, just my eyelash extensions. I will also post one with regular makeup and one from a photo shoot. (perfect lighting and heavy makeup) I am 5'4" and weigh 118lbs right now.. I play parts that are aged 29-40 on stage.

Captions?

I wrote captions under my pics, not sure why they are there right now. hmm. I'll check again. Timing of these pics.. the first one in the black t-shirt is from early fall (when I had my first consultation!) the next two are tonight and the last one is 4 months ago.

Oh, also!

I am going to be on my own after surgery, and will have to hire someone to help. I have 5 kids, (youngest is almost 17) but they are all super busy and their Dad and I have been divorced 10 years. I am going to stay at the hotel next to the building where the surgery will take place for a week, so I won't have to do the hour or more drive back and forth. I was told I'd have drains in place for five days, and that the stitches will come out at seven days. Also, they told me about this cooling mask called Aquecool that is really expensive to rent. I wonder if it would be worth it? Arnica, after surgery if I wanted to.. and NO citrus for two weeks after. Along with all the regular stuff (no aspirin etc) So nervous!

It's July!

I'm finally in July, and getting excited and nervous. Actually, looking forward to having the whole thing over with!! I changed my title to temple lift, which I saw is also called a lateral brow lift. So, now I won't be staying at a hotel, because they DOUBLED the nightly cost because of a ton of conferences going on in the city - no thanks! So, I hated to do this but I asked my sister if I could stay in their extra room behind their garage. but she lives just 15 mins from the surgery center. I just didn't want to ask for outside help, but she was happy to let me stay there. :) Will still hire a caregiver, because my sister works full time and will be out of town soon after my surgery anyway.
Hope everyone is doing well!

Holy shmuck!

Just staying up late and looking at all the reviews.. So many different stories and outcomes, I am so nervous!! I mean I am worried I really won't be able to audition for anything for like 6 months after, that's just a lot of time. I guess I was thinking 3 months before, but in some cases it looks like things don't noticeably settle down for a lot, lot longer. My mom had her first facelift in her late 40's, she didn't even tell us she got one and she healed quickly. We would just be like, mom you like really nice today! haha! In her 60's she got her 2nd one and it really did take her 6 months to look better, but she was so patient with it and never complained. I figured it was because of her age, but now it seems sometimes that happens to younger women, too. Well.. we shall see. D:

Just a week and a half to go. Pictures, no makeup and the worst lighting to make me feel awful! ;)

So I thought I would post some awful pics. With views of my ears so I can compare them with stitches and eventual healing. The lighting couldn't be worse, I don't think, and every wrinkle and sagginess shows. It's good to have this, because I see myself in good lighting and with makeup on and I question why I am going to put myself through all this, and then I see these pictures and I remember why..

That time of the month.. tmi?

Ok, so my period is due the day before surgery. Nooo! Just one more thing to worry about.. :/
Dr. Marten

Check out my review, we are of similar age and skin texture/color/laxity. Good luck, let me know if I can answer any questions! I can tell you're going to look AMAZING!
Thanks so much! I hope so! You look incredible, SUPER sexy! I appreciate you sharing your journey through all of this!!
You will do great! Definitely a good idea to have a caregiver to help out. I'm finding that at 3 months I feel pretty much normal (just slight feelings of tightness and numbness under the skin), so maybe you will be able to take headshots and audition sooner than you think! Keep us posted... we are here for you!
I very much appreciate your encouragement! Oh, that would be amazing if I was ready sooner than I expect, but we shall see! Your results are so great, and I really appreciate your detailed pics. I am amazed at how fast my neck is aging, it seems like it gets worse each month, I hope mine turns out as good as yours!!!
WOOO! Coming up fast! I'm so excited for you! Don't let the miserable buttholes temper your enthusiasm and excitement. You are doing a great thing for yourself since it's what YOU want :) Can't wait for your updates!
Thanks, you're so awesome! ;D I am getting excited and nervous!
wow, going by fast!!!! You will look like a kid... had my 1st at 47... I am still a work in progress, got 1 eye done, now need my left eye done... So be patient once done... I am still doing fixes here & there... But all WELL WORTH IT!!!!! looking forward to seeing you!!!!
Thanks so much!!! You look fantastic! :D
I had a facelift with Brunno Ristow, who performs the same style as Dr. Marten I believe, and it did not turn out well at all, uneven and gaunt, huge gaps in my hair - a huge mistake as far as I'm concerned. As a friend of mine remarked, I look like a marginally younger somebody else. I've spent a fortune on fillers to date. I truly wish you the best, and hope your result is much, much better than mine.
That's so awful, I'm truly sorry for your results. :(
Stellanightstar, why do you think the facelift did not turn out well? What caused the gauntness? Is it the procedure or the surgeon?
Just noticed your comments re your up & coming facelift with Dr. Marten. You are in great hands...he's brilliant! Good luck!
Thank you, Dr Pincus. I appreciate your encouraging words! :)
I will be following your result as Im looking for a ps in San Francisco, Dr Martin does not have a website so I cant look at before and after picture of his patients. i hope you will post your result , it would be helpful for me to decide, good luck on your surgery.
Thank you!
I don't mean to be horrible but you look perfectly fine, you are being way to hard on yourself . for someone who is naturally good looking why would you want to risk something going wrong. Haven't you read Snake eyes review? it sounds as though you don't have money to burn so I wonder why you aren't waiting until things really need hitching up. Look in the glass half full mirror.
Thank you. I think I look ok, too. Yes, it is a risk, I agree 100%. I am on stage and camera, and it's kind of a weird place to be, not old character yet and not younger. I definitely want to stick with younger for as long as I can! :) I know there are scary reviews and stories. Also, good ones. I did my research very carefully. I choose how I use my money, and I made choices in saving and putting away money or not buying things I don't need. I guess the bottom line is, it's important to me. Beyond the fact that I act and sing, I am also single and attracted to younger men. (in their 30's) So it's a very personal decision, definitely not one that I expect others to understand, but I decided to share my story here anyway. I know the risks well, but I am very hopeful for a good outcome, and to improve and maintain the looks that I have now. Thank you for your input!
@Scared stiff- I'm sure you meant this as a "nice" comment, but wow... if you'd posted it on my review I'd think you were a horrible person. You realize you told her she is being irresponsible with her own money and that something bad is going to happen to HER FACE? That's so ugly and not helpful or supportive at all. We make these decisions for our own reasons and own needs. I have to really call into suspect those people who try to talk us out of it. For me, it always ended up being something about that person, and nothing to do with me. Let's strive to be kind and supportive on RealSelf, not negative and scary.
Your support is very much appreciated, cemlaw! :D
I am also 45 and had a neck and lower face lift in April- 5 days after my 45th birthday. It was the BEST decision! It makes me a little sad to see my before pictures now, but then I just look in the mirror and smile! You're going to love your results! :)
I hope so! I'm so nervous! Thank you for your positive words :) I saw your review, you are gorgeous and I really appreciate all your detailed pics and details on your recovery. :)
Fallenb...did he tell you where the incisions for your lateral brow lift will be placed? In front of hairline or in the hair and how much above the outer brow area? And did he say how long this would last as compared to other types of brow procedures. There is so little info about this; tons of stuff on endoscopic brow but virtually nothing on the particulars of this. Hoping your surgery goes without a hitch and your recovery is easy...Best wishes to you ~grace
Hi Grace, The incisions will be behind the hairline, in the hair above where the outer brow is. They will not be lifted much. Mostly, I have wrinkling above my brows, and this will be done for an overall matching appearance, meaning not just a more refreshed lower face, but a forehead to match. As far as how long it will last as compared to other types of brow procedures, we didn't go into this as I don't want a full brow lift. I am looking at this as a whole face surgery, neck, face, forehead. So I am just hopeful it will all hold up for the normal 7-10 years like most other peoples do. I have seen dozens of his before and after and I really like where the brows are placed in the after pictures of the lateral lifts. Very natural placement. The eyes looked relaxed and youthful, and the eyebrows not pulled up too high. Thank you for your thoughts and wishes!
I agree with other Renovation; your eyebrow position looks great. Following your journey. Wishing you the best!!