Ruined my Eyebrows and my Looks - San Francisco, CA

I had my eyebrows treated 3 times in the course of...

I had my eyebrows treated 3 times in the course of a month. I only wanted the hairs in the unibrow area and a few stragglers close to the eye and way above the brow to be removed as I knew I would never want them and they would never be part of the brow. I drew a thick outline around all the hairs except for these and told the electrologist to only work outside the line. She ignored my instructions and destroyed the follicles on the bottom 1/3 of my brow as well as a few other spots, leaving me with too thin, too high, assymetrical, and badly shaped brows that make my eyes and face look unattractive. It's been 10 months since then and hardly any hairs have grown back. My natural brows were beautiful and Keira Knightley thick and I loved them and never let anyone else touch them. I always plucked them myself and people would ask who did my brows and tell me I did a good job. I was considered a very attractive woman before and this has ruined my looks and devastated me emotionally. I wish I had never done electrolysis and could still feel good in my skin and happy when I look in the mirror.

Vera Weiler in San Francisco

Vera Weiler ruined my looks and the only way to replace the hair is to get an eyebrow transplant, which use head hair and always look weird in the photos I've seen. It costs $5000 with a top doctor.

Years ago I had electrolysis on my brows which left them thin, too thin and without a tail at all. I have been using brown pencils to fill in, but recently discovered Wunderbrow. Wow! It is a gel with tint and tiny fibers and the stuff stays on for several days unless removed with a special cream enclosed. They are fantastic now as you can make your brows look just as you want. I even put it on my husband who has no brows at all since Chemo 20 years ago. They look great on him too! Get a color a bit lighter than what you think you might need.

I sympathize with the person who had electrolysis done and it ruined your brows! For the doctor to come on here and post her comment, shame on her, why would anyone ever make up such a horror story! I had the same experience with a laser technician at Laser Away in Marina del Rey, CA. word to the wise-don't go there! I wanted to have my widow's peak/hairline lasered. Well the woman didnt listen or didn't pay attention and laser up way to far. An inch too far! It looks awful and each time trying to straighten the line out, she went even higher. I regret ever getting laser done. It looked my better before . :(
I just realized I put generic restaline in my post but meant Latisse (bimatoprost) for eyebrow growth (you know, the stuff that enhances eyelash growth)! And it really works on the brow although, technically, it isn't advertised and approved for brows.
I had some electrolysis done on my lip a few years back and had the same effect. Now my lip area looks very aged. For the eyebrows I also have the same problem but not due to electrolysis but over plucking, My right eyebrow is lower, thinner and more saggier than the other and the hairs refuse to grow so can't straighten it up. It's frustrating using a pencil every day, I want something more permanent. I read that rogaine may bring them back but haven't tried it yet. You could try the rogaine, you never know, it may work. My sister lost her eyebrows from over plucking as well. She had her's tattooed on and if she wouldn't have told me I would have never noticed, they look so natural but again make sure the person who does it is licensed and knows what they are doing or it could be disastrous.
This may sound crazy, but I've been using generic Restaline for my eyebrow regrowth and shaping and it's fabulous!!!!! I bought it on line for a fraction of the US cost and put it on with an eyebrow brush that I wash after each use. My brows are growing back after 8 weeks and I am shaping them to make up for a disastrous brow pexy that destroyed my eyebrow symmetry and left me high and dry! Try the restaline generic and give it several weeks before your evaluation. Post your comment, please. Best wishes to you.
Are you by chance referring to Latisse? I think what you are referring to here is a filler acid, similar to Juvederm. I
I had done about 6 years ago and I started noticing the skin lines and wrinkling about 3 years later. They are mostly localized and strecth out diagonly from.the corner of my lower lil to my jaw. Its very frustrating and im really fair skinned so it showd
I had electrolysis about 6 years and it destroyed my face. I used to have such nice soft skin and now it looks like an orange peel. Someone told me that I probably had it done by an inexpericend person and they burned my skin from underneath and now what is happening is the fat underneath the skin is collapsing. I don't even like putting on makeup anymore becuase it makes me so sad and angry to look at the lines around my chin and upper lip. I wish everyday that I would have never had it done and now I have no idea what to do about, cause I no my face is aging worse than it would have. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?
I'm so sorry that you got disfigured by an electrologist too. I would ask your question on Expert Q&A and see if the dermatologists know of any procedure to repair your skin. I think there are also other people here who have had similar results with electrolysis who might be able to tell you what they've tried. I know how it feels to be overwhelmed with sadness and anger when you look in the mirror. Do what you can to make sure that the electrologist who disfigured you doesn't do it to anybody else.
Did you have eletrolysis on the same are for 6 years? did you notice any damage right away? or did it just appear our of nowhere?
To all my clients, friends and supporters, Ms C A., Ms Bella A., Ms Candela

For the past 19 1/2 years I've been practicing electrolysis in San Francisco, maintaining the highest level of professionalism and integrity.

All services in my office are performed with each client's best interest, needs an priority in mind.

Sanitation, sterilization and the client's safety (disposable probes/needles) are kept above and beyond The Health and Sanitation Statutory Codes of the State of California requirements.

In addition, all equipments are certified and maintained by and under strict factory specifications.

The derogatory comments recently posted by a former client are untruthful, without merit and have no basis. This individual is only seeking to damage my reputation.

Please feel free to contact me *******removed contact information as per community Guidelines******
I believe that it would be most prudent to display compassion for a dissatisfied customer, even if you disagree with the outcome and representation of your services.
You are making the assumption that what this woman says is true. I didn't see a before and after picture of the alleged disfigurement. It is only natural for a person to defend their professional reputation from an attack with could damage their business. Maybe she did get messed up. I don't know and you dont know either. Post some picture and prove this doctor did damage. For all we know the victim could own the electrolysis shop across the street from this doctor. And this is an attempt to destroy the competition. Just sayin.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I've never seen pictures of eyebrow transplants that look natural, even though the pics on doctors' websites are supposedly their best cases. Believe me if there was a way to get my beauty and life back I would do it. Please no more posts pretending it's possible to be as beautiful as I was before with unnatural brows of any sort.
I'm sorry about what happend to your eyebrows , I was only trying to help! Do you mind posting a picture??? Eyebrow transplant can look natural if you already have eyebrows that will make it blend in! Where do you live?? have you contacted Dr. Epstein?? I've heard from multiple people he is amazing!
you can fill them in with eyebrow powder!
No, I can't. What is left are very thick black brows that don't need to be filled in. I need my brows to grow back underneath what's left. It would look ridiculous to have so much flat drawn on pencil or eyebrow tattoos underneath Keira Knightley thick real brows. The only option is to get an eyebrow transplant and all the pictures I see online look unattractive and even the doctors here admit that it never looks natural. If makeup or anything else could give me back my looks, believe me I would be doing it. Comments like that trivialize what was taken from me. People used to come up and tell me I was beautiful, and I was happy to look in the mirror. Now I hate how my face looks and don't want to live.
I know exactly what u mean. Mine are the same but I did it to myself as a teen over plucking. No amount of eye pencil or brow shadow would look natural or make them look how they used to. That's like complaining about a chronic, severe cystic acne problem & someone suggesting you wash your face before bed & use oxy 10 lol. So yeah, I feel your frustration.

So sorry to hear of your bad experience with Electrolysis.  This certainly makes me think twice before getting the same procedure.  I will definitely do my research on the procedure AND the service provider before choosing to get this done!