Ruined my Eyebrows and my Looks - San Francisco, CA

I had my eyebrows treated 3 times in the course of...

I had my eyebrows treated 3 times in the course of a month. I only wanted the hairs in the unibrow area and a few stragglers close to the eye and way above the brow to be removed as I knew I would never want them and they would never be part of the brow. I drew a thick outline around all the hairs except for these and told the electrologist to only work outside the line. She ignored my instructions and destroyed the follicles on the bottom 1/3 of my brow as well as a few other spots, leaving me with too thin, too high, assymetrical, and badly shaped brows that make my eyes and face look unattractive. It's been 10 months since then and hardly any hairs have grown back. My natural brows were beautiful and Keira Knightley thick and I loved them and never let anyone else touch them. I always plucked them myself and people would ask who did my brows and tell me I did a good job. I was considered a very attractive woman before and this has ruined my looks and devastated me emotionally. I wish I had never done electrolysis and could still feel good in my skin and happy when I look in the mirror.

I can relate to the bad experience with Electrolysis also. I have had, and have seen bad work myself. I was very mad about it also. So much so that I went to school to learn Electrology so that people in my area would be able to get proper work without damage to their skin. Your skin should look as it did minus the hair. Their should not be any pits, scars or loss of pigmentation. You should not get scabbing or oozing of follicles after a treatment either. Not right after, and definitely not 2 days after. Redness, and some swelling are to be expected, but generally is mostly gone in 2-3 hrs or so. Having said that, I have also seen, and had, great Electrolysis work. I have been doing Electrolysis for close to a year now, and have never marked anyones skin. Electrolysis done properly is a really a great thing. I try to educate my clients as to what Electrolysis is and what to watch for in bad work. I tell them if they get any bad side effects like those from my work that I want to hear from them right away because it is not exceptable to me. I have yet to get a call from a client for any bad side effects, and everyone has come back for more work, and has seen good progress. People should always do a bit of research on what they want to have done. Be an educated consumer and know what to look for.

Years ago I had electrolysis on my brows which left them thin, too thin and without a tail at all. I have been using brown pencils to fill in, but recently discovered Wunderbrow. Wow! It is a gel with tint and tiny fibers and the stuff stays on for several days unless removed with a special cream enclosed. They are fantastic now as you can make your brows look just as you want. I even put it on my husband who has no brows at all since Chemo 20 years ago. They look great on him too! Get a color a bit lighter than what you think you might need.

I sympathize with the person who had electrolysis done and it ruined your brows! For the doctor to come on here and post her comment, shame on her, why would anyone ever make up such a horror story! I had the same experience with a laser technician at Laser Away in Marina del Rey, CA. word to the wise-don't go there! I wanted to have my widow's peak/hairline lasered. Well the woman didnt listen or didn't pay attention and laser up way to far. An inch too far! It looks awful and each time trying to straighten the line out, she went even higher. I regret ever getting laser done. It looked my better before . :(
Vera Weiler in San Francisco

Vera Weiler ruined my looks and the only way to replace the hair is to get an eyebrow transplant, which use head hair and always look weird in the photos I've seen. It costs $5000 with a top doctor.