Chin Implant & Lipo - Very Happy!!! - San Francisco, CA

Here is my story....I wanna make this short. I had...

Here is my story....I wanna make this short.
I had a small receding chin.....and since I was a litte kid, I never liked my profile,and I always knew it wasn't normal. Anyways...
I figured I post pictures of myself from before and after on the same pic.
My before pic, profile and front view was taken almost 10 months before surgery, which I sent to the surgeon for him to get an idea via e mail. And the after pictures were taken 1 month Post Surgery.
A medium size "middleman" implant was used. And during surgery he decided to do a little lipo under my chin and neck.
The surgery was under generally anesthesia. I barely had any pain but was in discomfort after surgery and pain level was around 5. Due to the wrap around my chin and had and neck, i couldnt eat much, cause i could barely open my mouth. Not because of the surgery, but the wrap around my neck was very tight...It got way better the next.
2 days later I took the wrap off, and I had no brushing at all, totally perfect. Just my cheeks were mainly swollen and my jaw a little...and my chin was numb below. My lips and mouth movements were fine. But it was hard to smile,since everything was a bit tight.

But I was out and about on the 3rd day and could eat and drink anything....I just had to be careful not bending or lifting anything....but I could walk around and go out, like nothing happened. I just had a special bandage under my incision. The swelling around cheeks lasted maybe one week....

Now im one month post op, I feel great....i still have a tiny bit of numbness under my chin, but my surgeon told me right after the surgery that can last for months and its normal.

I was off work for 2 weeks, and i let my beard grow for 2 weeks before returning to work.
Since I didnt wanna give everyone the illusion, my beard changed my new look, and people actually fell for it. They all said, how good i looked with the beard and how much it changed my face, not realizing tho I had chin surgery done....so after a week with a beard I decided to shave my beard...

I would like you guys honest opinion though, if my new chin looks good on me, and if you think the size looks good and or correct on me. And if you think I got the right size, I didnt wanna go too big, but also didnt want it to be to small either. And, I'm still getting used to my new profile and view everyday and sometimes I guess I'm thinking "if its still too small" lol

I didnt wanna post pictures, but I thought its only fair, since so many guys and girls shared their story with all of us, i should return the favor.

Updated Pictures. . . before and after

almost 2 months post op - new pics

almost two months post op, and I wanted give a quick update how I feel.
My chin aka implant feels as bone. No numbness or swelling...i can move my mouth, yawn etc...like I did before surgery and everything feels and looks normal. I still have a minor minor tight feeling when looking completely straight up,but it becomes less and less...
The incision has healed unbelievably fast and with barely any scar visible.
On my picture I actually had to circle it, so people can see where the actually incision was.
As far friends and co workers goes, i had a beard for almost 4 weeks after the surgery, so no one noticed the change, i assume it was due to the facial hair, and their focus was about my full beard,they all commented how good the beard looks and how it changed my face....
But after almost 4 weeks when I did shave my facial hair, not one person noticed anything...no one said a word. Just one girl asked me "did you do anything to your face, cause u look different" and I just replied " huh, I just lost some weight thats it " and she was like " I guess I never really paid attention to your face before " lol
I told couple people I had surgery done and they didnt noticed what and where....even when i told them its my face, they still didnt figured it out.
But once i showed them my before pic, and how they knew me for so many years, only then, they were shocked and noticed the difference...but not prior!

4 months post op, final pictures

Here are my final picture from August while on vacation.
One front view and one from the side looking up.....
I figured I show my whole face this time without covering my face :)
Bottom line, I love my results and my new chin feels super natural and normal. If anyone has questions, male or female about chin augmentation/surgery I'm happy to answer any questions!

Putting my pictures back up due to request from other members...

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

The reason I chose this doctor is because he is not only double board certified, but he loves, doing chin augmentation, and its one of his specialties among other things. My experience was awesome, he is very down to earth, very very knowledgeable. Has an amazing staff, answered all my questions. Took his time with me, explaining every detail. He made me feel very comfy. Couldnt be more thankful!!!

Where are your pictures?
I actually just took my pictures down, for privacy reasons and I figured having my pictures up for 1 full year was plenty enough for potential patients to go through the same surgery. Sorry. But if u need any feedback PM me
My 2 cents...If I were your doctor I would pay you or refund the cost of your surgery to be able to use your before and afters on his site, literature etc. your results are a dramatic improvement yet subtle enough as it looks so natural. You're results are a surgeons dream for marketing purposes! Your comments speak for themselves!
@Delphi, wow thank you. One of the nicest compliments I have ever received. Thank you! Believe it or not, my doctor did not take before or after pictures. Which kinda surprised me, I thought maybe my results weren't impressive enough to be advertised lol. But seriously, thank you. I wish he would see the compliments I'm getting. After all, its his work :) I wish I could have the money I spend back lol
Shawn. You are one of the main reasons I am going to see Dr. Mabrie for mine.
WOW! You look AMAZING!!! ♥
Your results look amazing. I am also considering chin implant and neck lipo.I do have a question though. You mentioned Dr. Mabrie decided to also do a little chin and neck lipo. Was that part of your initial consulation, or was it an added procedure he proceded to do to achieve better results?
Hi, at the consultation he didn't think I needed lipo, but at the surgery he decided to remove some "fat" just to achieve a better result. Which I think was a brilliant idea....because with just the chin implant, I still would have had a short neckline I think. It was a very smart decision. Which btw tells your what a perfectionist he is. If you have anymore question feel free to ask. I remember asking tonz of questions to folks before I had surgery :)
Hi I was considering undergoing this procedure and was really impressed by your results. Did you have your implant secured with a screw? Also I notice you have very similar facial hair to me. Did you find that there was a small line where facial hair didn't grow due to the incision? If so was this noticeable when you had stubble?
Hi, No I don't think the implant was secured, it usually from my research and talking to many physicians, the implant usually snugs in to your bone and is held by the pocket the implant is placed in. U know I'm always clean cut, but that area is hidden with or without hair, it isn't visible. Unless someone literally will go down to see under ur chin, to see there is a little nick. Cause that's how the incision looks like, like razor cut that's barely visible to anyone.
Thanks that helps, obviously the method varies slightly depending on the surgeon. So your facial hair was unaffected where the cut was made? I'm just a little conscious because I usually go for stubble and a small line amongst the stubble where hair isnt growing would be more noticeable.
Believe me, even with a stubble, it won't be noticable, the incision is so tiny, not even yourself will notice it, not to mention anyone else. When do u have ur surgery? Do u know what implant ull be getting?
I had a first consultation last week, so not really sure how long till I can actually undergo the surgery. Most probably a medium or smaller implant.
you look perfect.
Wow thank you. But I'm not...thank you :)
First off I wanna say you look great. I am about to do mine and I wanted to ask if you used an implant with wings or one without?
Thank you, yes it was an implant with wings....let me know of if I can answer you more
My doctor is recommending i get the large conform extended anatomical chin from implantech. Is this the one you have?
Hey, I have the "mittleman pre jowl" implant size medium. Also from implant tech. U can go on the website, and see the difference what the size in numbers do, especially in prejection, how far u want ur chin to come forward. I believe my medium is 8mm. My doctor suggested a large for me, but I was worried it would be too big, but the difference was only 1.5mm. I think I could have pulled off a large size..... If I remember correctly, an anatomic size Large, equals a size medium in mittleman pre jowl. Check it out, let me know what u think...
Thank you for the information, my surgery is three weeks away and I am getting very nervous...Don't want to mess up my face you know. Wish you well with the good looks and thanks again.
Don't be nervous. Are u a male or female? Seeing a picture would def help to give an idea.... But ull be fine. Just make sure u and ur doctor are on the same page. Id love to know how the doctor determine which implant he wanted to use for u. Did he measure ur chin distance to ur lower lip? Before after pics?
I am a 37 y/o male. I am a bit worried bc my doctor had a total of 2 consultations with me that lasted about 5 min each. No measurements and he determined the size and shape he said based on experience. He's a board certified facial plastic surgeon and appears on tv shows and whatever but I still feel a bit apprehensive. I am trying to upload some pics.
You look fab. Your results are very natural. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
Thank you for your kind words!