Chin Implant & Lipo - Very Happy!!! - San Francisco, CA

Here is my story....I wanna make this short. I had...

Here is my story....I wanna make this short.
I had a small receding chin.....and since I was a litte kid, I never liked my profile,and I always knew it wasn't normal. Anyways...
I figured I post pictures of myself from before and after on the same pic.
My before pic, profile and front view was taken almost 10 months before surgery, which I sent to the surgeon for him to get an idea via e mail. And the after pictures were taken 1 month Post Surgery.
A medium size "middleman" implant was used. And during surgery he decided to do a little lipo under my chin and neck.
The surgery was under generally anesthesia. I barely had any pain but was in discomfort after surgery and pain level was around 5. Due to the wrap around my chin and had and neck, i couldnt eat much, cause i could barely open my mouth. Not because of the surgery, but the wrap around my neck was very tight...It got way better the next.
2 days later I took the wrap off, and I had no brushing at all, totally perfect. Just my cheeks were mainly swollen and my jaw a little...and my chin was numb below. My lips and mouth movements were fine. But it was hard to smile,since everything was a bit tight.

But I was out and about on the 3rd day and could eat and drink anything....I just had to be careful not bending or lifting anything....but I could walk around and go out, like nothing happened. I just had a special bandage under my incision. The swelling around cheeks lasted maybe one week....

Now im one month post op, I feel great....i still have a tiny bit of numbness under my chin, but my surgeon told me right after the surgery that can last for months and its normal.

I was off work for 2 weeks, and i let my beard grow for 2 weeks before returning to work.
Since I didnt wanna give everyone the illusion, my beard changed my new look, and people actually fell for it. They all said, how good i looked with the beard and how much it changed my face, not realizing tho I had chin surgery done....so after a week with a beard I decided to shave my beard...

I would like you guys honest opinion though, if my new chin looks good on me, and if you think the size looks good and or correct on me. And if you think I got the right size, I didnt wanna go too big, but also didnt want it to be to small either. And, I'm still getting used to my new profile and view everyday and sometimes I guess I'm thinking "if its still too small" lol

I didnt wanna post pictures, but I thought its only fair, since so many guys and girls shared their story with all of us, i should return the favor.

You look great HBK! The implant is the perfect size for you, and your profile :)!
Thank you Maria, I appriciate ur kind words :)
You went from 'average' looks to handsome. Fantastic job - and it's the perfect sized implant for you.

Updated Pictures. . . before and after

Wow! You look so much more masculine-very handsome!
thank you very much,i appreciate it :)
your new face looks absolutely great. I think its just the right size

almost 2 months post op - new pics

almost two months post op, and I wanted give a quick update how I feel.
My chin aka implant feels as bone. No numbness or swelling...i can move my mouth, yawn etc...like I did before surgery and everything feels and looks normal. I still have a minor minor tight feeling when looking completely straight up,but it becomes less and less...
The incision has healed unbelievably fast and with barely any scar visible.
On my picture I actually had to circle it, so people can see where the actually incision was.
As far friends and co workers goes, i had a beard for almost 4 weeks after the surgery, so no one noticed the change, i assume it was due to the facial hair, and their focus was about my full beard,they all commented how good the beard looks and how it changed my face....
But after almost 4 weeks when I did shave my facial hair, not one person noticed anything...no one said a word. Just one girl asked me "did you do anything to your face, cause u look different" and I just replied " huh, I just lost some weight thats it " and she was like " I guess I never really paid attention to your face before " lol
I told couple people I had surgery done and they didnt noticed what and where....even when i told them its my face, they still didnt figured it out.
But once i showed them my before pic, and how they knew me for so many years, only then, they were shocked and noticed the difference...but not prior!

Your chin looked perfect. I hv similar profile as your. I am getting an extended anatomical chin implant next week. My doctor suggested that I should go for size Large. Part of me agree with his decision. But at the same time, I am a little nervous about it be too exaggerated.
The chin looks perfect - perfect size and looks seems like you had a good surgeon. From the before and after pics, I can see why you would be super happy with the results. I may get a chin extension surgery where the maxillofactial surgeon manipulates and adjusts the lower jaw bone. He would cut the bone, advance it forward and seal it with plates and screws. So it would become part of my chin and apparently hold up stronger than an implant. But there are more risks and longer recovery. Could I ask - has the implant moved at all? I've read that the implant could move positions. Thanks so much for your post and pictures.
Thank you. No the implant hasn't moved a bit. U would have a big impact for it to move. The pocket that was created for the implant has to be right I guess, so it cant move or shift around.

4 months post op, final pictures

Here are my final picture from August while on vacation.
One front view and one from the side looking up.....
I figured I show my whole face this time without covering my face :)
Bottom line, I love my results and my new chin feels super natural and normal. If anyone has questions, male or female about chin augmentation/surgery I'm happy to answer any questions!

You look awesome!
Amazing!!!
Thanks Pixie66

Putting my pictures back up due to request from other members...

still no pics
is this a fake review?!

Pictures back up!

Update after many requests and being accused of not being legit and genuine!
Here are my pictures....
please keep in mind, the last 3 pictures are taken after my Rhinoplasty, which was done by another physician!
Anyways, hope this helps!

How come you decided on a different surgeon for your nose. Did you feel Dr. Mabrie wouldn't do the "best" job, as he is mostly known for chins and filler augmentation?
This is a GREAT question! Shawn..?
Good question.... I think what it came down to was, every rhinoplasty procedure done by a physician has somewhat their own style. Juts like with chin augmentation/surgery..... I reviewed tons of plastic surgeons and looked at their experience, their focus on rhinoplasty, their credential and before and after pictures of their work, and patient feedback. I noticed every doctor has a certain way doing nose jobs, they all have something in common. They do the tip a certain way on all their patients mostly, or the bridge or the nostrils are a certain way on all their patients etc. Its like all physicians have somehow their own trademark how they do noses, cause you can tell picture after picture, its their individual work.... if that makes sense! And at the end, it came down to, what I liked and what nose jobs the doctor did I picked, and it appealed to me the most.
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

The reason I chose this doctor is because he is not only double board certified, but he loves, doing chin augmentation, and its one of his specialties among other things. My experience was awesome, he is very down to earth, very very knowledgeable. Has an amazing staff, answered all my questions. Took his time with me, explaining every detail. He made me feel very comfy. Couldnt be more thankful!!!