Two Arms Two Doctors Two Very Different Results - San Francisco, CA

Make sure you ask who will be doing your surgery.....

Make sure you ask who will be doing your surgery...I didn't and was very surprised when the Dr. I trusted allowed another surgeon to cut me without my permission.
On June 8, 2012 I has a bilateral arm lift. I assumed my surgeon would be performing the procedure but was I wrong. As it turned out his assistant surgeon did one arm and my surgeon did the other. My Dr. has refused to answer why he allowed this to happen without my consent.
The differences between left/right are obvious to a lay person - different placement of scars on my arm, right arm not as tight as left, right underarm still pulling, aesthetics are widely varied.
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

Takes to many liberties while in the operating room.

Thanks for letting us know about this. Btwn i'm really sorry for you. My experience was just fine. I had my surgery from DR.Ronald Levins clinic, Toronto.
I welcome hearing these success stories. It is unfortunate that we have unsuccessful stories such as mine. Dr. Buncke just didn't hold up to his end of the contract. I have even reached out to the International Society of Plastic Surgeon about the practice of 2 surgeons without the patient's permission and they never responded. This scares me because if they are not policing practices who is?
From what I am hearing very common practice. Some even note on consent "no other doctor to work on me except ????" I just wished I knew because now no money to fix them and though Dr Buncke agreed revisions were needed I can't trust him. So let with the results as is.
A word to the wise: I always write on my consent forms that there are to be no observers in the OR and that Dr. Capella and Scott (his PA) are the only ones who can perform my plastic surgery.
Good information. This wasn't my first surgey but certainly my first experience with Dr. Buncke and obviously my last. He indicated after all was said and done "he wasn't the doctor for me". Even after he agreed, quoted, and scheduled a revision. That is why sharing here is needed because all doctors have an agenda and as patients need knowledge. I wish I knew your approach prior and that I do I will make sure I exercise that right. Thanks!
Wow, he was planning to charge for the revision? I just get so disheartened when I read stories like yours. I know how excited we are gong into these surgeries. I know how much faith and trust we put into the surgeon. And then to have an outcome and experience like this is so very sad. Shame on him. Good luck on your revision.
BTW I learned about what to write on a consent form from another patient. Yes, sharing is very important between patients!
Shame on him big time. It is not just my arms but also my breasts and thighs. He also violated HIPPA laws as we'll. Yes he was going to charge to revise. It has been 18months and every time I look in the mirror I want to cry. The emotional scars are just as bad as the physical.
I am so sorry this happened to you!!! What happened to your breast and thighs? The emotional scars are tough.
Wow! Never thought of that!