Young and Dumb! Two Years Post-op and Very Unhappy

I had my son at age 16; obviously I'm not so...

I had my son at age 16; obviously I'm not so bright. I've always wanted bigger and firmer breast. At age 22 I decided to go under the knife. I just wanted them done, didn't do any research. I regret not doing my homework especially on the scars that's left behind.

It's been two years since I had them done. I got a breast lift and implants. I love my breast they look nice when I have clothes on but the scar kills me. My breast, one is bigger, nipples are not even, and I have dents where the scar is at. The incision is from my nipples down 1/3 of my breast and it looks like when the Doc closed it up, he half assed it leaving some of my extra areola on the scar which makes the scar extra dark. I feel ugly and I'm not as confident any more. I don't want to have sex because of the scars. Is there any way of fixing this? I want to feel beautiful again. HELP!

im 16 and wanna grow my chest and backside i really need some helpful advice please
Scar revision will solve that
It appears to me from the photos that the main issue is the scarring and the symmetry of your areolae. These can probably be corrected under local anesthesia..I would go to another plastic surgeon for a through evaluation. Your skin appears pigmented and is more likely to darken than lighter skin, but I think you can be improved .
Thank you for posting your experience. Makes me think twice about getting a lift. I hope you are now happy with your breasts. Regardless of the scars, the shape is beautiful and uneven breast tend to look more natural. Plus, men don't really care about all that (at least the ones worth keeping around).
I am sorry to hear about these bad experiences. I started my practice in 1994. Back then, breast lift procedures essentially relied on the skin to perform the lift. Because of the excessive tension on the incisions the scars were often unacceptable. I remember turning many patients away from doing a lift realizing that the possibility of developing poor scars was not worth the risk. At around that time newer techniques were developed called vertical mammaplasty techniques. These techniques did not rely on the skin to lift the breast. Very little tension existed along the incisions. In addition, no horizontal incision was required. A number of variations have become available since then. All have very little tension on the incisions and avoid the horizontal. Because of these advantages I now perform breast lift surgery on patients that I would have turned away in the past, knowing that their incisions for the most part should be excellent. Unfortunately, many physicians still perform lifts that use the skin as the means by which to lift the breast. Poor scarring often results. Revision surgery, properly done should be able to correct these poor results and hopefully repair self esteem
I have seen many pics of scars worse than yours, which do look very dark, but it might just be the pic is dark as well.... I would do my homework and start with looking for a properly board certified PS who is very experienced in scar revision, and many are.... i am most likely getting a small lift when i have my implants redone, and the vertical scar can be very thin if closed properly... with my original surgeon i had implants done under the breast, my incision was sealed at the surface with glue, and you wouldn't even be able to see them they healed well and flat, no discoloration anymore...... If you are that uncomfortable and believe me i understand, i would look for someone who can revise the scar at the least, if you haven't already....
Isn't trying to feel beautiful how u got those scares in the 1st place? Plz don't take it the wrong way...but just be content with what u have...if u want to feel beautiful find God and he will make u feel that way because u are beautiful! I honestly am crying because I'm seeing such beautiful women hurting Gods gorgeous temple because they don't know who they are. They can't see they are strong beautiful goddess and they are perfect the way they are and if a man don't see it he was the one for u...I prey u can accept ur self how u are and see what a gorgeous queen u are...
@Saskia18352 You shouldn't be on this site if you are anti plastic surgery. Don't give moral advice.
there is always at least one in every bunch.... maybe the website name confused her (or him)....
Breast lift scars can often be modified and improved. Please make sure your surgeon is certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery.
I am sorry to hear that. I am sure another surgeon could fix that, it is just such a disappointment. I am looking at surgeon's in San Francisco right now. It is so overwhelming. Would you mind if I asked who you went to?
I too am looking for help with retained areola...mine too goes all the way down my vertical scar. I have cried every day since my surgery 3 years ago. I was engaged at the time and it completely destroyed my relationship because I was so insecure bc of the results. Other problems are, areola too high (can't find a bra to cover them), "boxy" shape and my horizontal incision is 2" up my breasts...not in the crease! I desperately need to get them fixed, but money is tight as I'm still paying for the first surgery. Have you had any luck? Please advise...thanks!
Things can certainly be improved so don't worry. The excess areola can be removed, the nipples adjusted to be more even. Perhaps the implant size should be adjusted. Make sure you see a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and that you express your concerns and goals at that consultation.
Hello, I would agree with Angiemcc that seeing another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon would be a step in the right direction. It would be also helpful if you brought what you looked like before your breast surgery. You would be able to see pictures of other patients "before & after" results. A good part of how you end up depends on where you start from as well as the doctors skill, healing process, etc. Hope this helps
Thanks Angiemcc, I have been thinking about making an consultation with a doc but just been too busy. I would like more feed back especially from a doc. Let me know if what I want is possiable.

I'm sure that a board certified surgeon could help. You'll always have scarring, but perhaps someone more skilled than your first plastic surgeon could give you better results. Hopefully one of our doctors will comment on your review and give you some input.

Have you considered making a consultation appointment to talk to someone and see what could be done?