16 Years Post Tummy Tuck What to Expect - San Francisco, CA

I had a tummy tuck in 1995 - he did a good job...

I had a tummy tuck in 1995 - he did a good job with the cut and muscles he "tied together" but the navel he created was too large and I was never happy with that - it is about the size of a quarter with darkening all around it from the scars. I know now that when you have liposuction it will appear in another area. It did - the pubic area which is a VERY large fat pad now - it looks as though my stomach wound up down there. And the upper stomach has fat on it too - but in between where the fat was sucked out hardly any. Frankly, it looks really bad now, but I will not have any more procedures on it since I am now 58 (I was 43 when I had it done).

I would recommend that if someone is thinking about doing this they ASK how the navel will look after and what to expect (although doctors will tell you anything for $$$). Use caution in who you pick for the procedure.

San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

he created a horrible navel that i hate to look at in the mirror - when i went back to him he wanted to do more surgery costing about $6,000