Post-Operation- San Diego, CA

I'm so happy I found a forum where people are...

I'm so happy I found a forum where people are going through the same life experiences. I recently decided to get liposuction after I had my daughter in 2010.

I've always been on the thicker side of the scale 5'7, 150 pounds... after getting married and having my baby I am now 214 pounds... even now weight is not my biggest issue... its my mother pouch as I like to call it.The stretch marks I could deal with but the pouch I can't. After having my baby I wouldn't even look at myself in the mirror. My coca-cola frame that once existed looked like silly putty.

I'm gaining my confidence back but I know having liposuction done to my lower and upper abdominal, love handles, back, along with my Brazilian Butt Lift I know I will feel a lot better.I'm not expecting for a. miracle but I want to feel more comfortable in my skin. I have Pre-op December 28th and surgery January 7th. Ive found a wonderful doctor with a great staff that has made me feel 100% comfortable thus far. Any thoughts, suggestions, inspiration? Please share.

I have 9 more days until the big day and I'm...

I have 9 more days until the big day and I'm getting more excited. Yesterday I had pre-op and that's when it became reality for me. My doctor met with me again, told me everything I can and can not do. I didn't know I couldn't wear acrylic nails... lol... that was a bit funny to me. They did inform me that I would feel all types of sensation after. Surgery up to 6 months... burning, itching, tugging, etc... has anyone else experienced this??

Today was my big day. I had my Vaser Liposuction...

Today was my big day. I had my Vaser Liposuction done!!! I feel good... a little sore to get up and down but I'm ok. I can already see a difference wearing my compression garment. I took a ton of before pictures this morning. Surgery was at 730 and I was in the car going home at 1230.

When I arrived at the doctor's, I was greeted by a nice nurse named Heidi. Heidi informed me to go to the bathroom and urinate to make sure I wasn't pregnant and then change into the operation underwear, booties, hair cap, and this brown robe I wish I could've kept lol.

When I got back into the room, Heidi took my vitals and engaged in conversation. She made me feel comfortable... we happened to be originally from the same hometown. We went over anesthesia options and they decided it would be best if I went under general... I was a bit disappointed due to everything I've read about but I knew I was in good hands.

Dr. Sarosy came in next, marked me up with a black marker and took before pictures. He walked out again to go get prepared.

Heidi asked me where I wanted to go on vacation. I thought this was funny but I answered Hawaii. I was then escorted to the operating room, removed my robe and was placed under warm blankets. The nurse, surgical tech, and the anesthesiologist started strapping me down to the table, gave me an IV, and said we were going to Hawaii.....

Next thing I know I was waking up in the recovery room and my husband was there to pick me up. Happiest moment!!!

I'm wearing my compression garment and I'm eager to see what's going on underneath it lol.

Will update soon.

Its been 48 hrs since my procedure and I can...

Its been 48 hrs since my procedure and I can honestly say I feel pretty decent. It is a pain just to stand up and lay down but once I'm up , I'm ok. I got to take a shower today and I was pretty excited about that... after taking the compression garment off I felt a little lightheaded so I just leaned up against the shower wall and let the water run down. I've been walking around my apartment to keep blood circulating and then Laying right back down. I had a Brazilian butt lift also and that's where the discomfort lies. I have no doubt ill be able to retutn to work on Monday... only suggested a week off. I am starting to itch a bit but I know that's the scars trying to heal. Will keep you updated and post pictures when I am 5 days post op.

Today I purchased a Magic Bullet... I will be...

Today I purchased a Magic Bullet... I will be taking my dieting seriously. Can't wait to get my body back right! No bruising still, slight swelling but nothing I can't handle.
Dr. Charles Sarosy

Internet search and read a ton of great reviews!

How are you doing now??
OMy only 2.5 days until surgery ...wow. Love to se your photos soon.
Hey hartin...glad to hear ur doing well...u will feel blah for a bit..BUT it does get better...first shower feels awesome...lol...Happy Healing hun :) Keep us posted....drink lots of water and just CHILL OUT.... :)
Not sure if you had lipo before? Sit down taking the garment off for the first time as you get quite dizzy and I almost passed and got sick. Its the rush of blood. Do you have open incisions? I leaked a lot for 2 days then it stopped and everything healed up.
Will you be posting before and after?
Yes I will. I took before pictures yesterday... I get to take a shower today, thank God, and will post 2nd day pictures. Just had my procedure done 24 hrs ago. .. I'm curious as to what is under this compression garment lol.
Hello Yes yes people always say why would you want to get anything done? Its dangerous. You are fine the way you are and then when you get something done they are jealous and wont discuss it...like my best friend. Good for you. I am having lipo done in 7 days in Cancun. Here now and I am nervous but I had a face lift 8 months ago and that was major surgery. I am here for you for support and we can talk about about bruises and swelling LOL
Thank you so much. Right now I feel as if someone beat me up badly. I'm a little uncomfortable but that's the best way to describe it. Feel free to ask me any questions. This is a great forum which has helped me with making my decision. Good luck, 7 days are going to fly by.
Hey there...wishing you the best of luck with ur procedure...I am so glad I did the vaser lipo...I am hoping my tummy still goes down more but dont know...see my dr on Jan 7th for 3 month post op...my biggest word of advice to you is PATIENCE....its the hardest part of the whole process. They dont tell you about that and take lots of pic's so when u r feeling down u can look back and say O WOW...look at that...lol...feel free to read my blog...I start from where u r now to where I am now....My belly went down a ton and I feel better about myself...just want my profile to look a bit better....feel free to ask any ?? this forum is great and has helped me so much and I have met and made some great friends on here....we are all in the same boat....GOOD LUCK hun...keep us posted :) Sharon
Hello Sharon... I really appreciate your kind words. Im stuck around people who keep saying "your fine just the way you are."... people do not seem to understand, at least for me, it is a deeper issue within. I will definitely take a ton of pictures. I have surgery on January 7th @730am. I'm excited... I'm not asking for a miracle I just need a boost of confidence... lol. Thanks again for the advice I will definitely utilize this forum for support... it has really helped me.

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us. Good luck with your upcoming procedure, I hope everything goes well for you!

Please do come back and let us know how you're progressing!