Smartlipo Upper and Lower Stomach/Flanks

Day 1-Arrived at the Surgery center in San Diego...

Day 1-Arrived at the Surgery center in San Diego for a surgery at 1130am.

I was given a nice wardrobe to change into, so very cach'e.. I love the blue and I got this great Purple Gown that had a hose that hooked up to what looked like a blow dryer to keep you warm,witch was wonderful since those surgery centers are kept at 65 degrees.... anyway mu doctor came in and went over the procedure with me and then took photos. He asked me if I wanted him to be aggresive or moderate. He explained by going aggresive that it may leave un eveness in the skin so I said Pass!! just go moderate.  Well I think he went aggressive anyway!

I was rolled in to suregery room and was given my general ansethisa, I donot remember anything until I woke up. I had alot of burning in my abdoman so I was given an IV injection of some sort and 2 perkacet. that did the trick right away, Feeling no pain now. And off home I went. My husband was wonderful.

First night up every two hours going potty..Drinking tons of water and gatorade.

Norco for pain every 4 hours.

Day 2-Horrible. I was in so much pain could not get out of bed, My wonderful husband placed a belt on my canopy so I had something to use to pull myself up.

I had to go to doctor that afternoon for my postop check, I was miserable, In alot of pain. He took the bandages off and said I looked great. The leaking was starting to slow now. I went right back home and went to bed. Slept all day on pain meds.

Day 3- I felt a little better and thought I could stop the pain meds and take tylenol. My husbadn washed my hair for me and I washed the blood out of the garment Iw as wearing. I go really dizzy when I removed it and had to lay down, Becareful when you do this that you have someone with you. I think they took 300cc from me, is what I was told. The itching started this day and it was brutal. So I found Benadryl it works and helps you sleep.

Day 4- OMG I woke up with my whole pubic are so swollen when looked down I could not see the floor. Black and Blue everywhere. down my inner thight, all over my butt and under my arms .. Thank God I knew this would happen. But the leaking has stopped and I can remove the shower curtain off my bed. Yippee!! Oh and by the way I have not had a bowel movement since surgery, So I decided to take a Womens laxative to help me along,

Day 5- Today was the check up with the doctors office to see how I am progressing. I am still really swollen and could not get on any of my jeans or pants for that matter. I had to wear streatchey PANTSS!!! ( not to happy about that) When I go to the doc. He told me I was looking really good and that all the numbness and itching was normal. All the bruising and swelling was normal and tha tI could expect to see swelling on and off for 5 to 6 months. He told me this is not like an instant gratification like getting a hair cut. It is Surgery and you have to be patient. I was really depressed and in alot of pain after a long day of working and driving around, And no Pain medication on board. Well wouldnt you know it. Rigth while I am in the docs office waiting form y exam, WHAM! I got to go, I mean I got to go Right Now!

So after 5 days of no ... you know.. I have to invade the doctors rest room. It was not good. I was exhausted and went home feeling very weak. I was in so much pain by 900pm I was crying and could not move so Back on the pain pills I went. I woke up every 3 1.2. hours to take the pain meds, and itch a little. It was a long night.

Day 6-I woke up this morning still very swollen nothing has changed. I am still in pain like someone has stretched my skin really tight over my hips, The garment seems to be getting looser so I had my Husband Cinch it down for me this morning, I had a full shower and feel nice and clean, I think I am going to stay on my pain meds for another few days. It is not worth trying to get off them and them have it all hit you at one time. I have a very low tolerance for Pain and bruise easily so I eally am struggling with the constant pain. not to mention the bruising, And No sex!! How long does this last? No one every metions this. I am newly married only two years and my husband did not want me to do this but, I assured him it was no big deal and I would be up and running  in about a week,++ NOT SO MUCH+++

Thank God for such a wonderful understanding man. I am really very hopeful that when this is all over and I am on my way to Turks and Caios in September I will look the way I want to in a bikini. I am going to continue to wear my garment for the 6 weeks doc recommends. and then switch to spanx.. I will post new pictures when I am all finished healing...

I had my consultation on 3/5/10. I meet with a...

I had my consultation on 3/5/10. I meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, They were wonderful, He told me what was realistic to expect at my young age of 48. I am 5'6 145LB. I have done alot of research for over a year, and I am glad that I choose a JACHO accredited Surgery Center to have this done and I will be under General Anestheia,

They estimate the procedure will last about an 1 1/2 hours. I am having my surgery tomorrow 3/18/10, I am nervous!!! I have all my meds filled and bought a shower curtain to place on my bed, as they say alot of fluid leakage. I will post pre-op photos and post op photos after the procedure. Wish me Luck!! I have been having anxiety all day and just want tomorrow to come and wake up on Friday.. Will keep you posted on how it goes..

San Diego Plastic Surgeon

He has an extensive education, Harvard, Stanford, Berkley Graduate. He has been performing this procedure for 8 years and is a board certified Plastic Surgeon, He only works in JACHO Approved Surgery centers, No Back Office procedures like Medi Spa's.. He is very skilled and he has a wonderful bedside manner.

I cant find whre you post photos. They have changed the site. it is not under edit account so how the heck do you do it .. Please help someone.
I am 8 weeks post lipo at this time and am very happy with the results. I will try to post pictures.
Thank you for your support Patricesic. Going on 2 weeks, yes I'm wearing the compression garment (don't like it, but hey) Swelling and black and blue has gone down, but now I have those hard bumps under the skin. I know that they should be massaged often so that the underlying skin breaks up. I'm going to see the Doc Saturday for another post check up. I really wish I felt more comfortable to post my pics, but honestly I don't feel that there is much difference. I've already started excersing lightly. Tonite is my Yoga class I will take it easy. I just want this buddah belly to go away! LK
So when my procedure is over I will still see my belly. Awww! they told me I will see the results once the procedure is over. But once the swelling occurs I will no longer see my results for a week or two of which the swelling has to go down is what my doc advised. In addition do you suggest I take any pain killers prior. My procedure is tomorrow 4/30/10. 1pm ; My biggest worry is the scaring. I hope it heals quick, its almost time for summer activities.
How did it go? I had my stomach and love handles done on may 5th and 1 week later, everything looks great. Still knumb and swollen but definetly a difference. I am 5'4 120 lbs so i was not over weight just wanted to take away some stubborn fat. total was 2200cc. very painful after day 2 but did get better. i am worried about the scars also. i have 8 incisions and he did put 1 stitch in each. took them out yeswterday, day 6, and i can see a faint line from the stictch and hope it doesnt heal that way. some uses stitches some dont. do you want to chat or swap pics of before and 1 week after?
I'm going on my 3rd week and I have a follow-up tomorrow. I'm happy with my upper and lower abs. But the love handles aren't the way I want them. I can't grip them anymore but I could see them lol. My doc offers free touch up's so that's a peace of mind. Other then that I feel it was worth it.
My doctor visit went very well. I told him I was still unhappy with my love handles. He advised I was only 20% healed of which made me feel better because I thought I was done. He also advised that more results are to come; I know longer wear the garment they provided. I now wear a waist trimmer as its more comfy and assist with over eating. Since it is continuously tighten your stomach muscles it causes you to get full faster.
i am glad everything went for you. Seems like u had an immediate result. Please give us more updats as the swelling goes down. I am now looking forward to my surgery in May. thanks for sharing your experience with us. =D
Wow, you look great! Better and Better with every update!!
WOWWWW..... you look GREAT. THANKS for posting the pictures AND the narrative on the pre and post op events. It is really helpful to people that want to undergo the same surgery. Tell your surgeon he did a GREAT job and you look WONDERFUL.
Thank you so much I have posted 5 week post lipo. Doc says I will still get smaller. I am very excited. Good Luck you should do it if you really want to. It is worth it, Especially at my age of 48.
Wow incredible looks like you will be wearing that bikini on your trip. My husband wants me to have this procedure done. My body type is similar to yours. I am very nervous about it. You look fab. Good luck
Went to see the doctor yesterday, Tues. He was very surprised himself at how bruised I am around my lower abs and flanks. Hey he was the one poking around in there, how surprised can he be. Still very bloaty and tired. Going back to work tomorrow. Wearing My own compression garment. Not as tight as the other one. I wish I could see some light at the end of the tunnel. Going to lay down. I just need some reinforcement from others. It will get and look better, right???
It will. Be patient. Remember they do alot of damage in there and it takes your body time to heal. My doctors always says you have had Surgery, and it takes time to heal. Think positive and hand in there. I have worn my garment for 5 straight weeks. And I wear a really tight one, Do not wear a loose one as you need that compression to help with the tightening of the skin. I sleep in mine everynight and have three diffrent ones to wear during the day. 6 weeks minimum..Keep me posted and post photos of your progress. You will look Fabulous in no time.....?
Well I did it! Saturday came and went sort of a blur. I do look like I was in a car accident. Very bruised on my flanks. Stubborn fat. I slept into Saturday night. Got up Sunday walked around a bit, ate took a shower put back this god awful compression garment went and laid down. Still my areas are swollen, going to see the Doc today. Pain was never an issue, I feel good but I would like my tummy to go down a few sizes, very bloaty. As long as I can go and do my spin class later on next week and my yoga. I should be all set. My little inscesions are starting to itch (healing) I guess. I guess it's a waiting game now. Staying home from work for a few days. They don't have to know that I can move around pretty good. What's next???
You look great and your post op info was realistic and informative. Not everyone sails through procedures, so it is nice to know what might happen in the recovery phase.
Just curious to know what kind of compression garments everyone is using???
Hi there! Visit this site: www.contourmd.com My Smartlipo is scheduled on Thurs, 04/29/10 and my Dr's assistant had ordered my compression garment from there. On the search box, key in "27B," that is the style/type of garment they recommend to pheir patients to use. I ordered 2 of the garments so I can switch them and I am anticipating some leak after the procedure. I am so excited for my day! When is yours?
Mine is scheduled the day after yours....yayyy!!! I am extremely nervous and excited. I am trying to go into this with one thing on my mind PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE. I don't want to get discourgage after the first few days or few weeks! I know it will take up to 6 months to see the full results. I purchased two Flexees garments but I was't sure if they were the right ones. My doctor suggested Spanx but there were so many different kinds. I just went for the one that I thought was best for what I am getting done (braline upper/lower and flanks) This website has been so helpful, I will definitely be contributing with my review and photos!!!
Wow, I'm officially scared now. 6 months. Nooo! I was hoping to attend a pool party in early June, and return to work Monday 5/3/10. But from the sound of things, no work Monday and sadly no pool party or at least no pool for me. My big day is tomorrow 04/30/10 at 1pm. I'm getting my upper and lower abs, and love handles done. I'm happy I did my reading as this site is very helpful. I hope my procedure is a success.
Hi how did everything go. I had smart and vaser liposuction May 6 on flanks upper and lower abdomen and bra roll. I'm six days out and see amazing changes already. I'm 52.
Reading all these slow painful recovery blogs I must say I am getting nervous for my procedure this Sat. 4/17/2010. Well I did have 2 children via c-sections, I'm sure that doesn't count. No turning back on this one. I'm going into this knowing that it will take time, lots of time to see results. The pain can always be managed with drugs and a good bottle of wine. Wish me luck.
Good Luck, It is worth it.. I just had my 4 week check up and doc says all is on track. He did say again remember 6 to 8 months for full recovery and tisue and swelling to recover. Stay on the Pain meds and you will be fine. Oh and the Wine helps too!! Good Luck.. Keep us posted.
After d procedure, I was given a white band-like garment that has velcro on it. 5 days later I had to go back for a different one. The assts. had to put me n it! I was n so much pain wen they pressed my swollen tummy into this thing! After I could not sleep, I removed it. Not sure if this was a good idea or not.
very nice ;)