Well Just Finished my Lipo with Dr. Alavi - San Diego

After reseaching multiple doctors in San diego I...

After reseaching multiple doctors in San diego I found Dr. Alavi to be the best option for me. With the combination of experience, price, and bedside manner he had it all. I am pleased so far and being a few hours postop I can say I am in little to no pain so far and all I have taken is 1000mg of tylenol. Yhais was done under general. My anesthesiologist Carol Mann was awesome too. I also plan on going foe a walk soon. More to follow....

2 days postop

This is a lot easier than I thought. I took a percocet last night just in case I was in pain during the night. I am still sore when I get up and down but its just soreness like an ab workout. I took my first shower and saw that I stopped leaking tumescent fluid. My midsection does look thinner and I cant wait to get back to my workouts in a couple weeks. I am also currently recovering from a laser face procedure that I did yesterday so that also keeps me indoors and resting.

Going on day four

So the pain up till now has been like a 4 out of ten and occasionally I take a percocet before bed to help me sleep all through the night in which case is a zero out of ten. I stay indoors all day because I had a facial skin resurfacing done but go for long walks in the early morning. The bruising has shown up more on the flanks and on my genitals. All normal. But all in all this was such an easy thing to go through and definitely worth it. My shape looks great and I can't wait to take the foam on my belly off this Thursday. As for my abdominal binder I take it on and off throughout the day to air it out. As far as itching goes I rub aquaphor (like vaseline) on both my flanks under the garment and that helps me with itching. I would post more pics but there really isn't much change. I will post pics after the foam is removed.

Day 5... Finally ditched the foam

It feels so awesome to remove the foam. I didn't realize my belly would be that flat underneath. It was like opening a Christmas present. I'm super stoked with the results. My only concern is I still feel part of my rear flanks could've been trimmed more. I'm hoping though that what's left is some swelling though. I've read that it takes time to see the full results. I've now started some massage to help with healing.

day 12

Most of the swelling and bruising has subsided. My only concern is my lower abdomen and rear flanks. I know it takes time. I'm just concerned that my lower abdomen might be visceral fat around my organs. I started lifting arm weights again so that's fun. By the end of this week I will receive my faja. I think that will compress better than the binder provides by my doc.

received my faja

I ordered this one through amazon for $60 and I have to say that I love wearing this thing. It keeps the swelling down and I'm not sure if its because of the faja but the bruising went away.

day 22

The tighteness at the abdomen has decreased tremendously but when I run or swim I feel a pull on my abdomen. I started this past week lifting heavy again with my arms, back and chest but avoiding squats and core work. I also started running amd swimming. My figure is looking better and better. I'm getting the "V" appearance which is what I always wanted. When Isqueeze my abdomen its nice to pinch less fat. I feel that the surgeon still didn't take enough off in the flanks but that could be still swelling. All in all I'm happy where I'm at.

time for an update.

So the sensation to my abdomen has returned 90%. I definitely wish there was more fat taken off from all the areas I had lipo'd and I have to say in all the areas I hada 50% reduction in fat. I work out 5 days a week and eat decent but I am definitely not doing a cut like I normally do when trying to shred fat. My weight is essentially the same as preoperatively. So here are my pics at week 6.

had a follow up with the surgeon today.

He said that I'm only 10% healed and the areas that I still think are fat on my flanks are swelling. He said just be patient and wait.

9 months later and...

Feeling that it was about 80% worth it so far. My only issue was that I wish they would have taken more off. I figured it would get better over time. I plan on discussing more to be taken off with my doctor at my next follow up. I would definitely like to have more taken off on the abs but my biggest concern are the flanks as I still feel like I have a muffin top. The doc has told me at all the follow up appontments that he thought the flanks/sides were just loose skin but I know they are still fat. See the pictures and let them speak for themselves. Hopefully it won't cost me more to do my touch-ups.

13 months later. ..getting a minor touch-up soon

So it's been 13 months and I decided to post an update. I have to say that I'm pretty happy with the results. One thing that has always still bothered me was my right flank. I felt that it still look like it had more fat to be removed and for awhile the doc told me it was loose skin. However, the doctor told me a couple months ago that we could do a touch up free of charge and it was going to be local anesthesia. I met with the doctor last week for the pre-op appointment for my next surgery scheduled on November 6th. I also think that my opposite flank on my left side could use some touch up also but he felt that I did not need any more touch up on the left side. I disagreed, and felt more could be removed. Then he said that if I did want to touch up on the left side I would have to opt for general anesthesia instead of a local which would cost another $800 for anesthesia fees. Unfortunately I do not have the money right now for extra cost so I'm just going to go with a local for the touch up on the right side. I am kinda bummed about that. I almost felt like he was trying to hustle me to spend more money.
Overall I am still happy with the results on my upper and lower abdomen. Here are some recent pics.

Well today was my touch-up on my right love handle

Today was my right flank touch-up that the doctor promised. So did this under local and wow the injections to numb hurt like a b***ch. He had to poke into multiple areas sometimes causing shooting pains into my groin. We waited 15 minutes to let the numbing to take effect. After that the surgery itself wasn't too bad while they sucked out the fat. There was only occasionally shooting pain but near the end I felt more. I tried to keep in mind that tattoos hurt just as bad and I have a few of those. Here are a few preoperative pics and I will post afters later.
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon