Matrix RF - San Diego County, CA

Why I did it: I have great skin and inorder to...

Why I did it: I have great skin and inorder to keep looking young, I decided that I needed to begin a maintainence program now before the wrinkles started. Peels where not an available option at the time, as I am still nursing my child. I was told by my Aesthetician that Matrix RF would be great for me, because it was for all skin types and would not effect my nursing.

Pros: It is supposed to build collagen for a long time after the procedure, prevent wrinkles and if you have fine lines or pigmentation eliminate them. Supposedly, minimal downtime.

Cons: It leaves millions of minute dots all over your face that are red in the beginning, but then eventually turn into scabs and flake off. The downtime was about 2 and a half weeks!! My face felt like it was on fire for about 45 minutes after the anesthetic wore off. To help with the pain, I then needed to have a cool fan blow on my face and take ibprofen.

Over the next couple months, I say no good results! I really expected since my skin was almost perfect to begin with, that after the first treatment, I would see immediate wonders, right? But nothing! I thought maybe I need the next treatment. So I had the 2nd installment of the Matrix RF done. Same millions of dots all over my face that eventualy scabbed and then flaked off. And this time I noticed a few tiny dots of pigmentation spots left over! I refused to have the 3rd and last treatment. My skin looked worse than before the first treatment Results: 0!! My skin about a year and a half later, now has PORES...never had I seen pores on my face before the Matrix RF. My entire skin also seems to have a slight texture to it. The texture is almost like that of an orange peel, but smoother. Before the Matrix RF, I had smooth poreless skin. I also thick my skin is thicker too. Thicker/textured skin was not what I was going for!

In Closing: Maybe the Matrix RF is for elderly skin. At least the before and after photos I saw were only of elderly women with drooping/sagging skin. I figured wow, if these women can be improved, then my skin should be amazing after only one treatment, let alone 3! But now I realize, these photos should've tipped me off that this procedure is probably best suited for that skin type and not mine! I am floored that I paid so much $$$ (and $1500 was a discount!!!) to be worse off then when I started! I do not recommend this treatment for anyone under 80 years of age.

You know, not really sure they work or not, becuase they are used to build collegan for I think (not exactly sure) up to 18 months or something?? So it's one of those gradual things that you don't receive huge in your face results right away. Scientifically I'm sure it is working, but I can't say I see this big result. It could also be that maybe it's something that will keep my skin where it is, and not allowing it to age during the course of the collegan building.
Well, they aloud me to trade in the 3rd (and final)Matrix RF for 3 reFirme teatments to replace the cost of the last Matrix RF ($500). Other than do 2 reFirmes, I haven't really done anything since, except use these gradual skin toning pads for any dark spots. Eventually, when I'm done with nursing, I'd like to try a few TCA peels. I think the TCA's can afford my skin a new start.

Well I'm glad to hear they at least swapped out the treatments for you. It at least shows they were making an effort to make things better.

I'm guessing you didn't really feel like the reFirmes were helping much though if you opted not to do the 3rd one?