Ready to Love Myself from the Inside out - San Diego, CA

I got a breast augmentation 2 months before my...

I got a breast augmentation 2 months before my 17th birthday. It was too easily attainable for me, so insecure at the time. Thinking I would "need" implants (my small A was hereditary.) Now I am 23 and have had a lot of self revelations and these implants are no longer serving me a purpose.

I just want my natural tiny boobs back while I am still young so that i never have to think about them ever again. I had silicone implants placed over the muscle. I am the same as when I got them, 5'4 and 120 lbs. I was a 32aa and went upto a 32c. I got them done in Mexico so I am not sure how many cc's. My breasts have not grown at all in fact I can wear a 32b or a 34 b. I have been researching the subject extensively and the searches are overwhelming.

Somebody, please advise to me from experience a board certified surgeon in the San Diego area. Many of my revelations include not only psychological but physical issues so I am looking for a surgeon that accepts insurance. I have had a strange dizziness and breast spasms that I meditate and push through but they just don't feel right. I have no pictures of my breasts before but the one I carry in my memories. I look at implant removal pictures on the daily and picture how cute and beautiful my boobs were. I have been so hard on myself for bringing this upon me and my family.

I am ready to LET GO, forgive, and teach myself one of the most valuable lessons in my life: loving myself from the inside out! And appreciating myself as nature intended. Please enlighten me friends of the community. I am ready to start my life again. A strong Hug to you all (hopefully soon without these implants) (:

I am all scheduled for my pre-op and my surgery...

I am all scheduled for my pre-op and my surgery date. I am anxiously awaiting July 13th!

hey how are you doing? update us on your surgery soon! i can relate to you so much! everything you mention on your post i can relate to. I was 17 when i had my implants put in and im also a 32c or b now. i cant wait to hear about your recovery. i am on the process of looking for surgeons right now. i also did my surgery on another country (back home). i am still in contact with the surgeon however would rather do it where i live now because i wouldnt be able to go back home for long because of job/university. keep us updated! sending lots of love to you!

sunisshining!  Just stopping by to see how you are doing?  I see that you are scheduled for 13 July!  I know the wait can be nerve racking...... I hope that you are doing well!  Best wishes~
Yes, it is high. But for me, I was concerned about having someone experienced remove them. Not all plastic surgeons are experienced at explant so the end result could be pretty bad. The office has called every day, and been very supportive. To me, it was worth the extra money. Good luck! Keep me posted! :)
It was $4000. It was worth it. He is such a compassionate man, even held my hand when I got put out. I used care credit. Is this an option for you? I had my appointment two weeks ago, and he was able to get me in the following week. He used general. I needed to be put out completely...bad experience with anesthesia in my first BA (you can read about it on my profile). The office has called me everyday to see how I am doing. Dr. Pousti himself even called today..he knows explantation is an emotional roller coaster. It's definitely nice to have that extra support.
If possible I want it done under local. That price is a little high, but I am willing to schedule a consultation. There are a few other surgeons on this site from San Diego that mentioned around 1500 with local. I am scheduling a consultation with both to see what my options are and to get the show on the road (: thank you for your help!
Hi Sun is Shining? How are you doing. I got explanted on Friday. It is really hard. I know you are in the San Diego area. So am I. It is hard to go through this alone..I am here if you need me. :)
Hi Cris!

It has definitely been a hard and bumpy ride. I love all the support and internally powerful goddesses on this website. I am so grateful for you and your personal response about Dr. Pousti. In addition to my emotions I was mentally preparing myself for the hunt of a compassionate understanding surgeon that would make this a smooth ride for we have suffered enough (:

My only setback right now is financially. I am trying to go through my insurance if possible, because I thought it might be in the 3000-5000 range. But if what you paid (1500) is the general cost, I have just enough on hand to call immediately and schedule an explant consultation and pay for it myself. How much did you pay? Were you under local or general anesthesia?
Thank you all for your kind words! I am still in the researching phase. I self heal and use homeopathy as much as I could so I don't have a regular doctor/ Practitioner. My lifestyle change is definitly long term and permanent, as close to nature as I can and as far away as possible from pharmaceuticals.

I checked out my insurance companies policy on breast implant removal and I may be covered: http://www.aetna.com/cpb/medical/data/100_199/0142.html

Sheatheviking: I appreciate that insurance information! Would you recommend looking for a doctor in my insurance network, should I go to a specialist? After an analysis, would I then be referred to a surgeon in the network if I am covered?
If you are still looking for a Dr. in San Diego, Dr. Pousti is fabulous.
Sometime life takes us on journeys to help us to grow in a certain area and youhave done just that! Don't chop this up to a bad decision but a step in learning a valuable lesson. One that most of us do not get until later in life! I think you are well on your way to being absolutely FABULOUS inside and out! Take care!
You are absolutely right! Finding balance and tapping in to my soul is by far the most life changing event ever.

I feel so lucky and blessed to move through life with this INTERNAL POWER AND KNOWLEDGE. I will spread it to anyone who will listen or feel (:
Please let me know if you find a good surgeon in the San Diego area, as I am in San Diego and looking for removal too! Thanks and good luck!!
If there is any hope of your insurance covering the procedure you need to start the process now. Most insurance won't cover any complications arising from a non-covered cosmetic procedure. You need to contact your insurance company to see what the process is. The claim process takes a long time. And you might have to use a doctor in your insurance network. I would start with your primary care doctor and work from there.
I appreciate that insurance information. Would you recommend looking for a doctor in my insurance network with Aetna, should I go to a specialist? After an analysis, would I then be referred to a surgeon in the network if I am covered?
Oooo, I'm the wrong person to ask about that, sorry. I only know what my particular insurance company said to me. You need to contact them and ask. Good luck!

I love all that you've learned about yourself through this process. Don't be hard on yourself. It was just something you needed to go through and you'll be stronger for it.

Here is a list of docs in San Diego who do breast implant removal (but you'll have to stand your ground and insist that you want them out).

Keep us posted!

Thank you Angie! I have been very hard on myself. I want to tell you from the bottom of my heart that this forum has been a major positive tool with this whole situation. I have not only been educated by the options....but I have been so moved by the PERSONAL EXPERIENCES and words of encouragement shared by all these women who have triumphed the typical standard of beauty. All of our breasts are beautiful....and we are all beautiful! Blessings!