Laser treatment on veins under eyes - San Diego, CA

I'm 25 years years old and have always had a...

I'm 25 years years old and have always had a single blue vein under each eye. The veins would always be visible no matter how much make up I applied. I was always self conscious of them, especially since I would receive comments from others about how I looked like I was bruised and even one person asked me if I got punched in the eye. The treatment was only about 10 minutes long. My eyes were a bit swollen and the skin under my right eye had a tiny bruise which they had warned might happen. Not going to lie, the laser was very painful but thankfully each eye only took less than 5 minutes. They advised me that a second treatment might be needed but most patients only needed one.

I thought that the veins would be gone right after the treatment but it actually took about 2-3 weeks before I didn't notice them anymore. I was thinking that I would have to have them lasered again but it is now about a month after the treatment and my eyes are completely healed and I am vein free. I am extremely satisfied with the results and would do it again without hesitation. Thanks Dr. Goldman!

New picture update

Wanted to show my eyes 8 months later. No signs of the veins reappearing. Very happy still with my results.
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

I decided to start researching treatment options online and after a couple of months of searching I decided to make an appointment with Dr Goldman at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology in San Diego since I liked the before and after pictures on his website. They were able to do the consultation and procedure in one visit.

What laser is this again?
Happy that the Treatment for Varicose Veins under your eye is cured.
@Rachelpug, I have an appointment set up with Dr. Goldman to have this procedure done in under two weeks. I'm actually flying down there to see him because I was very particular about them having proof of working with this laser and blue veins under the eyes.. yours were my incentive as I am also 25 and have very sensitive under eye skin. Could you possibly give any update? And you said it took around 2-3 weeks? Did he mention how long it might take? Also, how were your eyes the day after? I have an appointment on a Wednesday and have work so I'm wondering how it will be the next day. Thanks so much for your post :)
Your eyes look fabulous now. Most likely they (the veins) are gone for good and will never be back! Having the gumption to do something about it paid off--you go, girl!
btw, did the doctor explain to you what was wrong with your eye? why did u have the mark? I have the same one but it got darker recently, but i am afraid of this treatment cause it sounds painful and I wonder if they r all caused by same reason, so I would need same treatment?
Hi, I had the veins from a very young age so I never thought to ask why I had them or if there was something that caused them. I'm not going to lie, it was very painful for me just because that area around the eyes is so sentsitive. But I just told myself, this will only last for 5 more minutes, you can handle it. So the pain was worth it to me and like it said, it only lasted a few minutes. I know some other offices will use fillers or needles to cover up/remove the veins but I wanted the laser treatment because I felt that was the fastest and most efficienct way to go about it. The dr's front desk was very nice and answered any questions I had so I recommend calling them if you want to find out more info. And yes, both my visits to the office was only $750. Good luck!

you said it was painful? and it only cost 750?

Hey there, I'm looking to possibly get this done by the same guy. I'm just wondering about the permanency of this procedure. Has the vein showed any signs of reappearing? What did Goldman say the chances of it reappearing were? You look great by the way
Thank you! So far, the veins have not reappeared. I don't believe I asked what the chances were, I wanted to have the procedure done no matter what so I didn't discuss that with him. You can always call the office and ask them, they were very nice and helpful when I first contacted them.
Ohmygosh I have that same problem. I live in WA so I wonder if there is someone equally qualified in this area. You look great!!
Thank you! Best of luck to you.
I'm in WA also and am looking for someone in the area to perform this procedure. So far, no luck finding anyone.
i ALWAYS had the same problem since i was little. it is so annoying. i don't have bad dark circles but the veins frame my eyes and give them the ilusion of dark circles. no matter how much concealer i wear they always show up. i always look so tired... i have hiperandrogenic sindrome so i had really bad acne when i was younger but since i'm in hormonal treatment this stupid veins are the only thing that stop me to no wear make up everyday. i don't want them in my eyes anymore :(
which laser did you use?
I'm pretty sure they used the YAG Cool Touch Laser.
????
The vein can reappear again
The vein can reappear again
Yes, it might but it might not. Must you be one of those trouble-borrowing pills? When you look for the down side to everything, I'm sure you have no trouble finding it.

Wow it sounds like you had a great experience, thanks so much for sharing!