Laser treatment on veins under eyes - San Diego, CA

I'm 25 years years old and have always had a...

I'm 25 years years old and have always had a single blue vein under each eye. The veins would always be visible no matter how much make up I applied. I was always self conscious of them, especially since I would receive comments from others about how I looked like I was bruised and even one person asked me if I got punched in the eye. The treatment was only about 10 minutes long. My eyes were a bit swollen and the skin under my right eye had a tiny bruise which they had warned might happen. Not going to lie, the laser was very painful but thankfully each eye only took less than 5 minutes. They advised me that a second treatment might be needed but most patients only needed one.

I thought that the veins would be gone right after the treatment but it actually took about 2-3 weeks before I didn't notice them anymore. I was thinking that I would have to have them lasered again but it is now about a month after the treatment and my eyes are completely healed and I am vein free. I am extremely satisfied with the results and would do it again without hesitation. Thanks Dr. Goldman!

Laser treatment of blue veins under and around the eyes can be extremely successful and is one of the most rewarding procedures I perform. In many cases the results are instantaneous while in others it takes a while to achieve them. I have been performing this treatment for over 10 years and have found the recurrence rate to be very low. The most important factor is to make certain that the procedure is performed by a physician who is highly trained in this technique and that adequate eye protection is used as the laser used to treat the veins dose pose a risk to the eyes if they are not adequately shielded.
Hey there, I'm looking to possibly get this done by the same guy. I'm just wondering about the permanency of this procedure. Has the vein showed any signs of reappearing? What did Goldman say the chances of it reappearing were? You look great by the way
Thank you! So far, the veins have not reappeared. I don't believe I asked what the chances were, I wanted to have the procedure done no matter what so I didn't discuss that with him. You can always call the office and ask them, they were very nice and helpful when I first contacted them.

New picture update

Wanted to show my eyes 8 months later. No signs of the veins reappearing. Very happy still with my results.

You look great! How long did your eyes swell for, just a little under eye? Thanks!
Thank you. A couple of days or so, then the swelling went away.
I meant to say on the nose and around it. Thanks...
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

I decided to start researching treatment options online and after a couple of months of searching I decided to make an appointment with Dr Goldman at Cosmetic Laser Dermatology in San Diego since I liked the before and after pictures on his website. They were able to do the consultation and procedure in one visit.