Fillers/Botox in Expert Hands = Money Well Spent

As a resident physician I understand the rigors of...

As a resident physician I understand the rigors of medical training and what it takes to really master a procedure. I have scarring and entered my medical training in my mid-30's - my first cosmetic dermatologist was a Hopkins trained doc and president of the Amer.Society of Dermatological Surgeons. When he learned I was coming to SoCal for residency, he warned against the plethora of med-spas I would find and referred me to Dr. Mitch Goldman.

I have been consulting Dr. Goldman for about a year and a half now for fillers and botox to stave off the effects of stress and sleep deprivation of medical residency (not to mention normal aging at 40+). He has an amazing ability to see just what will improve and guide his patients to trust that less is more. I have even had him discourge me from additional work that he felt would not give a good result. I have seen him approximately 5x over the last 18months as my derm - He has never steered me wrong - I've been consistently happy with the results, and I am definitely a "nervous" patient. My sister even remarked recently that I look better now than I did 5 years ago.

Although the price point is higher than many practices, I believe that when it comes to your face you present to the world, the self-confidence that comes with looking your best (or in the case of botched work, feeling self-conscious/ashamed), you should not sacrifice quality of care to save $100. And because Dr. G's practice often offers special/discount pricing for different procedures, it is possible to obtain expertise and professional treatment for not much more than practices with staff with far less experience.

Bottom line - I believe that cosmetic procedures, including lasers/fillers and the like, are a good investment but only as good as the practitioner. Experience and a natural eye/hand are key. Dr. Goldman brings all these to the exam and procedure room, and I have been consistently happy.

It is great that you have been so happy with your results. Its definitely good to be in the hands of someone who will tell you when they don't feel a treatment is in your best interest.

What specific areas have you had Restylane done?

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Referred by my derm in Baltimore MD.