A Better Me - San Diego, CA

I have wanted this procedure for over 14 yrs and...

I have wanted this procedure for over 14 yrs and now that I finally put my self first, here I go! As moms we tend to put our children first and that is what I did even when I had saved most of the money. The guilt I felt wouldn't let me spend such amount of money on just me.

I'm being realistic about this I just want to feel good in my skin without the extra. I don't expect to look like a super model ( ha ha) I just want to look like a 41 yr old mom that took care of herself. I will say that I did let go of my self for a while but I'm back on tract with getting my weight down. Currently 155, 5'3 I've lost 10 lbs and still want to lose another 10 or 15 lbs. I don't want to lose too much since I want to have curves, that's what makes me a woman... curves :) !
I'm excited and a bit scared but most of all EXCITED! I'm scared because this is surgery and even though I am fully confident in my PS you just never know what can happen. I'm very excited to move along and put this behind me. To donate most of my Tshirts and replace them with nice blouses.

I have not posted an update since I really have...

I have not posted an update since I really have not done anything lately. I have most of my stuff since I got 5 day out before my surgery last time. I have been looking for a second compression bra for when the one from the doc gets dirty. I have my "surgery bag" on my closet floor and anytime I think of something I want I get it and put it in the bag. Everything in one place will make life easier on the day I head out of town cause I know my nerves will be off the chart!!
I hope you all are doing good and getting ready for your big day too.

Ha ha after posting nothing new.... I got new...

Ha ha after posting nothing new.... I got new stuff.
Just got off the phone with my PS, woohoo, scheduled a 2nd preop for May 16th, the day before surgery to try on sizers again. I still think 600 seems like a lot. The office is going to order a couple of sizes for me since they, the implants, have to be ready to insert the next day. I asked what my BWD and it's a 15cm wow! I looked up the cc's size chart for me and I actually can go up to 650.. way to big I think. Ok well I told the PS that I was thinking more like 450 or 500 since you do lose about 50cc's from the muscle squishing them. I think I'm going to do rice sizers for 450 and 500 cc's .

Am I starting to get plastic surgery greed? I'm...

Am I starting to get plastic surgery greed? I'm going to have a TT and BA but now I keep thinking I should add some, not alot, of lipo to my outer thighs. I keep thinking, I'm already going to be there, getting surgery, and going thru the pain. I like my thighs but just wish they were a bit smaller. At the very least I wish my left thigh was a bit smaller, like the right one! What do you all think.. Am I being greedy?

WOOHOO!!! Very excited, I am now paid in full! I'm...

WOOHOO!!! Very excited, I am now paid in full! I'm getting on with preparing my "hospital bag" to include filling my medications. So excited that these past couple of days I have been extra loving to my hubby.. lol. I don't know if he's noticed or just happy that I'm the initiator in the bedroom. I can't wait for the new me to have more self confidence :) .

Day before surgery with sizers in 600cc's

So I had another preop appointment today, the day before surgery! I am happy again and relieved that 600cc's ARE NOT way too big for me. Ahhh so happy and ready for tomorrow, Friday! Been praying alot.

Post op 2 days

I know I'm really behind on posting post op pictures but I'm finally going to put some up. Sorry I have not posted any before but I was out of town for the first 2 wks and I didn't want to have my pics on my mom or sisters computer. LOL. Im sure you can understand. These are from the first time I got to take a shower... ahhhhhhhhhh ... the warm water felt soooooooo good!! I know it's a long road ahead for me to finally see any true results so I really don't look at my self all that much but I was happy with what I saw the first time I was able to take a peek :) .

Pictures

I had to delete the last pictures since they were out of order.

Post op 3 weeks 1 day

Today I FINALLY felt "normal" or at least that much more normal since surgery. I FINALLY got my little boys back home, YAY!!! My hubby and I took a short drive to meet with my MIL to pick up the boys, first time being in a car that my stomach muscles didn't hurt much afterwards. Another YAY! Right now as I type the "girls" are feeling very tight and let me tell you how happy I am about that because they are continuing their decent to the "final resting spot" ... ha ha ha. Nope no complaints here today from me, well just one tiny one. My younger daughter was in a wedding but the location was just over an hr to get to so my hubby didn't want to go :( waaaaa! Yes it was more important to me that I got the boys back home after not seeing them in over 3 weeks. Hubby said it would be too much to drive to get the boys and also to make it to the wedding. So my choice, MY BOYS!
I hope you are all healing/recovering, let's keep moving FORWARD! WooHoo :)

Profile pic change

I changed my profile picture to what I'd like to call... a latina Jessica Rabbit :) . I also keep thinking about taking some of my pictures down and just leaving the last 3 that I've posted. I LOVE to share pictures so show a visual of my recovery process BUT I don't really feel that my/our pictures are protected on this site. I often don't log on, unless I have to comment, and I can see everyones profile and pictures. I know that my face is not showing but I still feel insecure about having my naked pics for anyone to view, member or not. I know some other sites put their watermark on each picture that is up loaded and you have to be a member to view pictures. I would feel more secure if this site did something like that.

4 week post op pics

I've been feeling a little bolted/swollen for the past couple of days and it sure looks like it in the pics too. :( Not feeling too happy about that BUT well I just keep thinking that it's part of the healing process. Also my very far end, right side, of incision hurts!! I think during the night my cg must have moved right on top of it and irritated that area. Ugh it was a restless night so I'm really tired today.
I'm posting some 4 wk post of pictures.

5 wks post op

Today I am 5 wks post op and I feel GREAT!!! I keep looking forward to next week, week 6, when I don't have to wear my cg anymore. I will continue to wear it to help my recovery along but just not 24/7. Also I'm looking forward to getting back to the gym and start working out, I plan on starting slow but just being there will help.
Today was the first time, post op, that I was able to blow my nose and brush, clean, my tongue without any pain.. woohoo!! It's so crazy how the little things that we do everyday are such a big deal to do after a surgery like ours. Geez if you only could have seen me and how happy I was when I realized that I had actually fully blown my nose. The past week and a half I had to do it very slow and only small blows, wow that sounds kinda crazy if you read it without knowing what I'm talking about. ROFL.
For the past week I have felt like I'm 99% back to normal, the one percent is that my back hurts if I stand to long. Although I have been able to stand longer every day, with out pain.
If I could give some great advice to the ones who are still waiting for their surgery date to arrive it would be... TAKE IT EASY AS LONG AS YOU CAN it will determine how fast you recover. I KNOW I was blessed to have had total help with my little ones for 3 wks! My older daughter took care of my little ones while I recovered, out of town, in San Diego. After the 2 weeks my mother in law took the boys for a week to her house. I can't stress enough how important it is to sleep and rest especially the first full week and a half.

6 wks PO pics

Today is and was a happy day for me :). YAY I don't have to wear my cg anymore although I will continue to wear it when I'm home. I also get go hit the gym again I know I will have to start off slow but just being able to get back is a big deal for me. WOO HOO!!
Yesterday I was so happy about getting in the pool, in this HOT AZ weather I could hear the pool calling me to get in.. lol. Well yesterday I finally did and later that evening and today I paid for it. Last night I had to take a muscle relaxer because my TT area hurt and so did my right boob. Today my TT are was much better but my boob has been hurting and is swollen :( . I've been massaging that one, the right one, more than the left. Other than that nothing new to report.

Bye bye lingerie

Tonight I did something that I had been trying to put off because I knew I would be sad. I took out all my lingerie to find out what I can keep and what is now just taking up space in my closet. I have mixed emotions, I'm happy that most of it does not fit because of my bigger boobs. Sad that I have to go get rid of most of it, sigh. I know woohoo to go buy more but my feelings and thoughts are deeper than just go get more. When I fist got with my hubby he was in the Navy so we didn't have a lot of money. I bought lingerie when i had saved up enough to get something nice on clearance. Our lives have changed, for the better, since he got out that I can afford to buy a couple of outfits but that's just not me. I never forget where we first started. We were not scrapping by but we had to focus on furnishing an apartment.. lol .. you know important stuff.
Ugh I don't want to bore you with my story but it's how I'm feeling right now.
Here are a few couple of pics of what I am able to still keep. LOL :(
Dr Sassan Alavi

Hey there just wanted to say you look great! I ha my mommy makeover in July! I am in SD too :-)
Looking great in your lingerie ! I remember when it was hard to make ends meet many years ago .
Yup that was us too.
Oh and thanks for the compliment :)
Your welcome ! I hope your not near the fires . I don't know what cc I'm getting yet so I look forward to see what size you are before my pre op on the 24 th this month . I have saline and changing to Gel . I'm a 34/DDD now I want to keep my size . I bet you will be at least a triple D . I started with a c cup before my BA . You look great !
You look great ! What size bra did you wear before BA ?
Thank you. I wore a push up with some padding 34or 36C now 36DD.
Looking HOT and it's not just the weather!
LOL.. thank you!!
I think you look awesome girl! Wow, those boobies look awesome! I am sure you getting some looks. :)
Thank you. It's so funny that you mention getting looks because when I had on the light blue tank top I did notice men looking at me even younger ones. LOL That had been the first time I was out in public wearing something like that. I was in heaven not wearing 3 layers on top; undershirt, cg, and Tshirt... especially in this AZ heat!! The looks were the icing on the cake..lol.
You look great! The boobies are awesome, lol! Feels good to get a new self esteem boost, doesn't it?! Heal well :)
Thank you and YES IT DOES ;) .
I agree with the resting as much as you can the first couple of weeks. I completely rested the first 8 or 9 days myself - and still took it easy unless I felt good for the full 3 weeks - and really think it helped me to recover quickly. Glad you are doing so well!
I am still taking it easy when I can.. lol :)
Damn girl! You look awesome! It must make you so happy to see these results!
ha ha ha... thank you!!!
oh and yes I am :D
Look at that waist....the "tee shoot"- looks great!
Thanks, that's my new bed time PJ's... lol that my cg :( and panties ;) .
Did you chose high profile or moderate plus? Saline or Silicone?
I have high profile silicon.
Omg yoy look great!! are u still wearing the cg you got after surgery? Yestrday was 3 wks for me and I've been wearing it religiously and alternating w this girdle I bought a couple yrs ago...its called body magic and comfy its helped w swelling...but im kinda like u haven't been feeling very happy and I think its becauseI haven't quite been able to enjoy the results n constNtly wearing layers of stuff....I also feel like I've gained weight because of the everlasting swelling and havent beento the gym in ages....anyhow....you're looking great and yes im sure its all part of the healing process :-)
Thank you very much! I am still using the cg my PS gave me, the only one I have and I like it. The layers are killing me, I'm soooooo hot in this Phoenix heat wearing 3 layers. This week I haven't had any swelling I just make sure that I'm drinking plenty of water. I have one more week before I can get back to the gym.. WooHoo!!!!
You poor thang! Phoenix! here in SD it's been warming up but never like where you at, I'll be traveling to TX 4th of July week and besides being excited about seeing my fam. I'm not looking forward to the heat wearing these layers....Ya I hear you i can't wait to get back in the gym either....i feel good but wanna tone up, i feel kinda blobish lol....this saturday will be one month! did you get lipo on your waist...it looks fab!