Horrible Experience – San Diego, CA

From the very beginning I would like to make it...

From the very beginning I would like to make it clear that I am not trying to discredit the idea of tightening the jowls and neck, and reducing frown lines and wrinkles, nor I am saying that all offices are providing the equal quality services. But I was unfortunate to have my procedure done at the San Diego (Rio Bonito Way) office, performed by Dr. Balikian.

It was one of the most unsatisfying experiences of my life ( I am 55 now, so I had my fare share of hospitalizations, surgeries, child birth’s, etc.) Dr. Balikian just does not care. After you paid the fees, be prepared to see him only couple time 15 seconds each time.

Before the surgery I told him that I have weak stomach and I get nauseous from the anesthesia. Guess, what, he gave me (and prescribed) Vicodin, so I was sick on my stomach for 24 hours after the surgery. He was never available before or after the surgery, and if it would not be for Marta (wonderful nurse, caring and knowledgeable), I do not know how I would get through this entire ordeal.

Three months after the procedure I started realizing that he did a very poor job, and my jaw is still droopy and frown lines are pronounced as ever. I called him, and told that I am unsatisfied with the results, he told me to wait at least 6-7 months. It has been 9 month now, and I look the same as before the procedure. Pain, money, time- all got wasted for nothing. Please, do yourself a favor—avoid this office at any cost.

Temecula Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'm so sorry you're unsatisfied with your experience. Thank you for sharing on RealSelf.

Sorry you had to go through this. He was horrible and the worse doctor I've ever come across. He left horrible scars also. I did see another very well know surgeon in Newport Beach for botox and he said mini face lifts are a complete rip off and do not work. Balikian does not know what hes doing and doesn't know how to suture as well. Balikian needs to be put out of business. My cousin has horrible scars also as we did it together. My eyes are horrible and he scared my retina as I was not put out and remember it happening when he scratched my eye badly. My sight is damaged in my one eye. I have before and afters and look exactly the same too. How does he sleep at night? So sorry for anyone who goes to him. We have to put the word out.
Thank you for this thorough and helpful review of Dr. Balikian. I had a very similar experience with a dr in Del Mar, Jeffery Shaffer, who saw me for maybe 60 seconds each time. Not only that but he did a horrible job. I filed a complaint with the attorney general's office. He had other complaints besides mine. But doctors protect each other so you can get any one of them to stand up for you. And of course, he got off and went back to work like nothing ever happened. Just because it's a doctor does not mean he walks on water. Websites like this and comments like yours are incredibly helpful so butchers and non-caring money mongers can't get away with what they do. Yelping is also helpful and I urge you to post on yelp.com. Many people such as myself use it for just about every service since the reviews are user generated. Thanks again.
Wow, I have the exact same experience! I'm so angry I saved so hard for this and it was completely a waste of time and money. Avoid at any cost is right!
Hi, victims -
I would like to add my two cents worth. Lifestyle Lift is disfiguring, painful and the biggest scam happening today. If you want plastic surgery, save a few extra thousand and seek the services of a REAL board-certified plastic surgeon, not a weekend, trained ENT.
I had the procedure in Maitland Fl. The first surgery was Oct. 26, 2010. By Dr. Filiberto. After 5 months I wasn't pleased and He performed corrective surgery on March 23rd 2011. After He performed my surgery, Dr. Filiberto left The Maitland location. My second surgery was not any better, but now I have some really bad scar tissue behind my ears, so I went back to Lifestyle Lift, and had the Surgeon look at it. They told me they would have to send paperwork to The Corporate Office, because it was a different surgeon that performed the surgery, and would have to get their approval. They said they would call me in 3 weeks. After 3 weeks, I decided to call them because I was not getting any calls from them. The receptionist told me they would call me in another week. I told her I wasn't going to stay like this, because I still owe over 4,000. dollars on this procedure. It doesn't matter who the surgeon was, He was performing under Lifestyle Lift, therefore, they should be responsible for the patient. It is their name!
I am ready to consult a malpractice lawyer! After they get your money, they don't care about you!
I had the Lifestyle Lift done in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. - The worst mistake of my life. I drove myself home after the procedure (no bandages were applied). By the time I arrived home my face and neck were so swollen I could barely swallow. I ended up in the emergency room that night and put on a morphine drip. I also ended up with a very large hematoma that had to be drained daily. I was out of work for a month because of it and even when I came back, I still looked like I was run over by a truck. I don't look any different except for an earlobe that I no longer have. Instead my ear goes straight down into my face. When I complained about the earlobe I was told to grow my hair long to cover it up. DON'T DO IT!
I am considering having the neck procedure and also above and below my eyes in Ft. Laud. After reading about your experience could you please tell me who was your surgeon??
I suggest trying to get the ads off the air. The large number of people reporting dissatisfaction with the results tells me that this is not a reputable company. Contact the channel that aired the ads, and inform them of what is now common knowledge on the internet. The LSL procedure is not as advertised, and that's quite clear. Stop the ads.
I am so sorry that happened to you! I appreciate your comment. Thank you.

Hi Victoria -- I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the results you were looking for but thank you nonetheless for sharing your story. It really helps others who are considering surgery.

Perhaps you should consult with a medical malpractice attorney and get your money back!