Horrible Experience – San Diego, CA

From the very beginning I would like to make it...

From the very beginning I would like to make it clear that I am not trying to discredit the idea of tightening the jowls and neck, and reducing frown lines and wrinkles, nor I am saying that all offices are providing the equal quality services. But I was unfortunate to have my procedure done at the San Diego (Rio Bonito Way) office, performed by Dr. Balikian.

It was one of the most unsatisfying experiences of my life ( I am 55 now, so I had my fare share of hospitalizations, surgeries, child birth’s, etc.) Dr. Balikian just does not care. After you paid the fees, be prepared to see him only couple time 15 seconds each time.

Before the surgery I told him that I have weak stomach and I get nauseous from the anesthesia. Guess, what, he gave me (and prescribed) Vicodin, so I was sick on my stomach for 24 hours after the surgery. He was never available before or after the surgery, and if it would not be for Marta (wonderful nurse, caring and knowledgeable), I do not know how I would get through this entire ordeal.

Three months after the procedure I started realizing that he did a very poor job, and my jaw is still droopy and frown lines are pronounced as ever. I called him, and told that I am unsatisfied with the results, he told me to wait at least 6-7 months. It has been 9 month now, and I look the same as before the procedure. Pain, money, time- all got wasted for nothing. Please, do yourself a favor—avoid this office at any cost.

I'm so sorry you're unsatisfied with your experience. Thank you for sharing on RealSelf.

Sorry you had to go through this. He was horrible and the worse doctor I've ever come across. He left horrible scars also. I did see another very well know surgeon in Newport Beach for botox and he said mini face lifts are a complete rip off and do not work. Balikian does not know what hes doing and doesn't know how to suture as well. Balikian needs to be put out of business. My cousin has horrible scars also as we did it together. My eyes are horrible and he scared my retina as I was not put out and remember it happening when he scratched my eye badly. My sight is damaged in my one eye. I have before and afters and look exactly the same too. How does he sleep at night? So sorry for anyone who goes to him. We have to put the word out.
Thank you for this thorough and helpful review of Dr. Balikian. I had a very similar experience with a dr in Del Mar, Jeffery Shaffer, who saw me for maybe 60 seconds each time. Not only that but he did a horrible job. I filed a complaint with the attorney general's office. He had other complaints besides mine. But doctors protect each other so you can get any one of them to stand up for you. And of course, he got off and went back to work like nothing ever happened. Just because it's a doctor does not mean he walks on water. Websites like this and comments like yours are incredibly helpful so butchers and non-caring money mongers can't get away with what they do. Yelping is also helpful and I urge you to post on yelp.com. Many people such as myself use it for just about every service since the reviews are user generated. Thanks again.
Temecula Facial Plastic Surgeon