22 Years Old, Sooo Worth It So Far! - San Diego, CA

I realize that I am writing this review a bit...

I realize that I am writing this review a bit prematurely (there is a long road of healing ahead), but I am too excited to not share. I had my procedure two days ago, and I am IN LOVE with the immediate results. I was always self conscious about the way my labia looked. I was embarrassed to change in front of my friends, and it would take me months before having sex with the lights on with a new partner (and even then, I felt awkward and uncomfortable the entire time). During sex, I would have to "move" my labia out of the way, and even during daily activities I would experience soreness and discomfort. This was a struggle that I kept to myself. I never told anyone how much it bothered me. I had never had surgery before, but as soon as I discovered labiaplasty I knew it was just what I needed!

THE PROCEDURE: It was so fast! I was in and out of the hospital in five hours, and the surgery itself took less than an hour. Here is the one thing that was different for me from many of the reviews that I read. A lot of people said that they did not feel any pain when they woke up. I, however, immediately felt a sharp pain down there. It was not too excruciating, and it went away after I asked for more pain medicine. I was home around 1pm and I felt like a champ the entire first day.
DAY 2: I woke up at 3am in so much pain and could not go back to sleep. I consider myself to have a very high pain tolerance, and I was crying for a couple of hours because it hurt so bad. It was a sharp throbbing pain, and it would not go away with the prescribed 1 percocet every 4 hours. I spoke with a nurse the next morning and she told me to take 2 percocet every 3 hours, and voila the pain was relieved! Going to the bathroom was a little rough. I had to waddle over extremely slowly, and sitting down on/getting up from the toilet was quite uncomfortable. I slept through the night with no pain.
DAY 3: today I woke up with minimal discomfort. The site of surgery is swollen, but not too bad. I am experiencing soreness in my back and abdomen, but I am presuming that this is due to the fact that I have been in the same position for three days. When I stand up, there is some throbbing pain down there, and I still have to waddle to the bathroom. But it is a world of a difference compared to how much pain I was in yesterday.

The healing process is just beginning, but so far it has been SO worth it!!!!! There is still swelling and blood in the area, and there will be for a while, but I can just tell that it is going to be beautiful. I love my new vajayjay!! :)

Before (in the operating room)

Day 4

And On the Seventh Day, She Walked!

Alright ladies, here's my update one week post-op! I'm not going to lie, I have experienced lots of different kinds of pain "down there" over the past week. From shooting pain, to throbbing, to burning. Some people heal very quickly in 3-4 days, but I am definitely not one of them. Today was a breathe of fresh air as I was able to step outside and walk with some friends!!! WOOHOO. Things are starting to look way better as the swelling goes down. I don't think I will see the full results for about a month or so judging by the rate I am healing. I will post pictures again when the final results are in!

2 weeks post op

Still experiencing discomfort, and some minimal pain at the end of a long day, but it's starting to look fabulous down there. My surgery was pretty extensive because of the clitoral hood reduction, so I expected the swelling to take a bit longer to subside. I think there is one infected stitch, and there is a bubble right under the clitoris that is expected to disappear within the next couple of weeks according to my dr. The clitoral hood is still swollen and funky looking, but it is healing more and more each day. Looking good so far and I'm very happy I did it :)

2 weeks post op

3 weeks post-op

One month post-op

Yayyyy I made it to the one month benchmark!!! I am finally noticing that the area around the clitoris is softening and looking more natural. there are still some bumps/teeny tiny holes where the stitches are dissolving, and there is still some tenderness for sure. I wouldn't feel comfortable working out at this point (I usually run, lift weights, or yoga), but I did try having (very VERY slow) sex and there was still some pain. I anticipate being 100% at 6 weeks, but boyyyyy do I love what I see :) My doctor is THE best, and so is his office staff. Ladies, if you want someone who will give you wonderful results AND will make sure you are taken care of, go to Dr. Pousti!
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Pousti is amazing!!! He made me feel comfortable from day 1. After reading his incredible reviews online I knew that he would be great, but after I met him I knew right away that I would trust him enough to perform this very personal procedure. On the day of surgery, I can honestly say that the minute I walked through the doors to the hospital, I was no longer nervous. The nurses were so sweet and caring, and Dr. Pousti took time to discuss exactly what I wanted as he drew the surgical markings on me. I highly recommend him to anyone considering labiaplasty, or any other procedure for that matter. He is the best of the best!

I just had this done today. My labia were unusually long, so my OBGYN had to take off about 3 cm. I am in so much pain. It also really burns when I pee. I also feel like I have to keep going pee. I got an IUD inserted at the same time. Any advice for the sensation of having to pee, hurting in general, and the burning when I pee?
Love the transformation
Love you for your photo's. Girl, I am as old as you are and my labia before and after looks pretty much like yours. I was so worried because the swellling moved to my labia majora but now I am reading your story and I feel so releaved so thanks a lot! I do not have pain at all and when I do have (happend 3 times now since my operation 5 days ago) I take oxycontin.
Hi justanothergirl.... Glad things are going well post op! I had my procedure today... And so far so good! I have felt no discomfort what so ever so far, which I am quite amazed and delighted.... I'm thinking perhaps that things may get slightly worse before better but have been so pleased to feel fine today! I'm already so happy I have do e it.... Slightly overworked by all the creams, tablets , and instructions I've been given though!!!! Sure I'll get there hehe!!!
Overwhelmed **
Thanks for posting an honest review of your post-op days. I have only recently heard of this procedure, so I was looking for a credible review. Thanks for your help. I hope everything heals quickly, you look great! :)
Hi Sandra! Just like Jojo0384 said, the technique you choose depends on what you want! For me, the outer edges of my labia were much darker (difficult to see in the pictures), so I wanted those gone which is why I had the trim method. BUT my Dr. is also very skilled at what he does, and sometimes the trim method can turn out looking less natural. There are pros and cons to both, so just do some research! I specifically told my surgeon that I wanted the labia minora covered as much as possible by the labia majora, and that I wanted the clitoral area to be reduced as well. I know that some women prefer to leave more of their labia there, and to not go as far up as the clitoral hood. I suppose I was a bit extreme but that is just how I wanted it to look and it is coming along great so far. You should be very open with your surgeon and tell him exactly what you want! :) Going to the bathroom wasn't too bad. I just had to be very gentle with every move and use unscented baby wipes to pat the area dry rather than wiping with toilet paper so as not to snag any stitches. As far as walking, my answer is YES it was painful for me the first six days. Everyone is different, so you may not experience pain for as long as I did. I know what you mean about this surgery being scarier than any others. I felt the same way, like I wanted to see a virtual image of what it would look like when it was done.. I mean come on, IT'S MY VAGINA! Lol. I would recommend looking for lots of before and after pictures, and "ideal labia" pictures to show your surgeon if you're unsure. I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions!
Wow you such a hero!!! I have the same problem like you but I am so afraid to do it!!! Although I did fat grafting to breast 3 weeks ago , I am more constern how much they will cut , I see that they removed most of it right?
Glad you are pleased! I completely understand what you meant about not feeling content with your labia, that was something I struggled with too! Hope you recover in no time!
what method did he use?
looking at his markings, im guessing the trim???
yes! trim method. I've read some negative things about this method, but it's going great so far!
yh they do say some bad things about the trim, but i had the trim 2months ago and everything went great!! cant even see the scars! i guess its all down to how good your surgeon is, good luck and congrates!, ull be just fine!! do keep us updated
Oh yay!! it's so nice to hear some positivity :) And it's nice to know that there are other people who have been in my shoes and have made it through with fantastic results. My surgeon has a very good reputation for his labiaplasty procedures, so I am confident that the final product will be beautiful. Thank you so much for your well wishes! I will definitely keep you posted :)
Looks like a Trim. They are not all bad but take a while to heal. I had a Wedge and love it. A good wedge always looks better than a Trim but I remember having big lips and loving the reduction from the first moment. Happy that you are happy.
I had the trim method and I ended up with a half labia on the right side and a missing labia on the left side.. My gynecologist completely chopped it off by mistake! I passed from having too much tissue to none on one side, literally disfigured down there! The surgeon apologized to me saying it went wrong and that this happens in one of ten labiaplasty surgeries and I was the unlucky one of them! Anyway, he reimbursed me 80% of the total cost ($3000). Now I'm searching for a plastic surgeon in Canada to do a revision like Dr Gary Alter does, but his clinic is in NY or Beverly Hills and the cost is $10000+ due to its complexity. It seems the wedge method is safer. This type of errors are unlikely ti happen :(
Hello! Great to hear your op went well and hope your healing well?? I have a consultation with a surgeon about the procedure on Monday and think there will be a chance of getting it done soon after! I think without realising I am actually really stressed about it all! Really not been feeling very well lately and think I'm probably just really anxious! The surgeon has a great reputation and everything and it's something I've wanted for years... I'm nearly 30!!! I think I'm worries about the aftermath mostly.... I'm not really wanting to tell anyone I'm getting it done as feel a little embarrassed.... Any advice and info would be so appreciated!!! :))
Hi Jojo0384! I'm so excited for you! :) I would love to share more of my experience with you, and hopefully relieve some of your worries. I was pretty anxious leading up to the surgery as well, especially the week before. It's actually funny though because as soon as I arrived at the hospital my anxiety subsided and I just felt excited! I was very confident in the surgeon I chose after doing lots of research and meeting with him a couple of times. It sounds like you are confident in your surgeon too, so he should relieve your anxiety with his knowledge and expertise (and if he doesn't, go somewhere else because this is an important surgery for you!) I can also relate to you because I did not want to tell anyone about it either. I didn't tell anyone in my family, and I reluctantly told a couple of my close girlfriends only because I needed people to help me for a few days following the surgery. I just explained to them how my labia made me very insecure and on occasion caused physical discomfort, and they understood and said they would do the same thing if they were in my position. If you need to come up with something to tell your other friends or family, you can always say that you are having a mole removed :) As far as the healing process, well.. it has definitely been a process! I am having good days and more painful days. Today is five days post-op and I can still barely walk. The swelling has gone down tremendously (woohoo), but it is still hard to tell what is going on down there. There is lots of bruising, and I can feel poking here and there which I am assuming is from the stitches. Just know that it is going to take time, and I would play it safe and expect a week of mostly bed rest. I know there are a lot of people who are off of their pain meds and walking around by day 4, but unfortunately that is not me. Regardless of the pain and the looks of the area at the moment, I can tell that it is going to turn out fabulous and I would still do it again in a heartbeat. My confidence is already increasing by the day, and I am SO happy that I did this for myself! Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns, and keep me posted!
Thanks for the fast reply!! I already feel better talking to someone who is going through recovery...thank you! I hope you're feeling a bit better, and yeah make sure you get lots of rest! I've read a few other posts and think it is definitely about being patient while your body heals! I'm so pleased your feeling happy about it all! Yeah I think I will have to tell someone... Could you walk out of the surgery and get home ok?? I need to check as I'm not sure if someone has to be with me on the day.... Hmm I'm actually travelling a little (4/5 hours ) for the surgery! I live in Scotland but travelling to England for the operation! So thinking I'll need to stay over somewhere perhaps for a few nights post op! I think I'll feel lots better after meeting with the surgeon, and yes if it doesn't feel right I'll look else where. Thanks again :)
I think if doctor is good it's worth to do it! It's just down there and a little more scary that other things, I want to do it as we'll but it's not like other operation u can see pictures , or imaging how it will look( breast implants for example) I want to do but I don't understand how to decide how much to cut or if they cut labia minora but not the upper side where clitoris, any advice?
The hard part behind u, u did it!!! It is painful to walk???? I guess it's reasonable because of tipe of operation, i was told recovery around 2 weeks but I didn't know how painful is that, How difficult for u to go to bathroom? I hope no more pain soon:)
Hi Sandra, not sure if you were msing me or hastalavistalabia, but yeah it is all quite confusing! I know what you mean about the labia minora and the clitoral are connected... but I think they depending on method, trim or wedge, remove the excess skin without really disturbing the clitral area so much... not sure if that helps... The method of trim i think removes the excess skin from the edges, but the wedge method takes out a triangle of excess skin in the middle and the uses existing edges to reattatch and form edge with existing skin, think both are good, and would depend on surgeon and individual case. I have a consultation on Monday so I will ask lots of questions and hopefully feel a bit more confident. I hope this helps a little :)
Hi, I am 5 days post op from vaginoplasty and labiaplasty. The more I researched online, the more nervous I became. But there are horror stories to every surgery. Fortunately, my recovery has not been bad. The surgeries took 3 hours under general anesthesia. I was waiting the first night following surgery for the pain to really kick in so I could then take the Percuset and Valium prescribed, but never experienced pain that would need such strong medications. I did take Tylenol a few times though. Peeing burned a lot the first day, but then it felt normal in the days after. It looked very nice at first but is now swollen which is to be expected. Even still, I was driving at day 3 (very uncomfortable) and I went back to work day 4 and made it the whole day on my feet. I took a couple days off work and went back walking slowly and carefully and not really able to sit in a chair upright, so I took the advice of a person on one of the forums to say I had a cyst removed in that area. So no one asked too many questions because of the area involved.