Amazing Ear Reduction Results - San Diego, CA

>> Five stars are not enough, if I could give a...

>> Five stars are not enough, if I could give a million, I would. I currently reside in Las Vegas, Nevada. You would think it is easy to find a reputable board certified plastic surgeon to give you exactly what you want, think again. I had macroctia (large ears) and I was so embarrassed of them all my life I never ever tied up my hair in public. I would have anxiety when people asked to see my earrings that I ended up taking them off completely. I needed an ear reduction and I knew this procedure would involved making an incision on the outside of the ears that could potentially leave a very large noticeable scar. I was so desperate at that point, I did not care. I expected it. I contacted every ear surgeons in my local area, some never heard of it and only one perform this kind of procedure. He was all talk when we corresponded through emails so I scheduled a consultation with him. I asked if he could reduced my ears to a normal height, he said no. I asked if he could reduced my conchal bowl, he said there's nothing he can do about it. Every question I asked was a let down. He went on to say my ears fit my appearance and when he looked at me, my ears were not the first thing he would notice. Then he started making comments about monkeys, how they have large ears and that they can hear better in the jungle. Really? I am not a monkey and I do not live in the jungle. What he was basically telling me was he is not that good of a surgeon and that if there is no difference after surgery, I should expect it because he told me so. I saw right through him. No thank you!
>> I almost lost all hope. Then I found Dr. Hilinski in San Diego after I read many great reviews about his absolute dedications to his clients and the wonderful miracles he performed. I looked at his before and after photos and I was in complete awe with all the amazing results. His work really speaks for itself. I was browsing through RealSelf.com when someone asked about ear reductions and Dr. Hilinski responded that he perform this type of surgery. The feeling I had finding Dr. Hilinksi was like finding a pot of gold. I immediately scheduled a Skype consultation with Dr. Hilinski, he went through the procedure and how it would be performed and warned me about scarring. Every question I asked was answered directly. I was so nervous because of the many failed attempts with other surgeons, but at that moment I knew Dr. Hilinski was my doctor. Next thing I knew, I was driving over 300 miles to have my surgery. His staffs are amazingly wonderful and sweet. The office is very cozy and comfortable. I was a nervous wreck because I cannot believed I was finally having it done after years of suffering from anxiety. During the procedure, everyone at the operating room made sure I was completely relaxed and comfortable. We listened to music and we had conversations the whole entire time and that made me forget I was being operated on. I stayed in San Diego for five days because I needed to change the bandage and had post surgery follow ups. I had a pretty hard time recovering because this was not a simple procedure. Dr. Hilinski literally took out my entire ears, shrunk it, and placed it back to my head. But the pain was simply controlled with medication. You would think with the amount of work that was done on my ears you would see a huge scar, not even close. I could hardly tell anything was done let alone anyone else. What Dr. Hilinski did to my ears exceeded my expectations. He has the hands of God. I will never ever let any other surgeon touch me, Dr. Hilinski is the only doctor I have 110% trust in. I will never find a more down to earth, sweet, caring, and talented doctor. Thank you Dr. Hilinski for changing my life!
>> I have been going back to Dr. Hilinski for follow ups every three months now. I see it as a mini vacation where I can enjoy beautiful San Diego and sit in hotel rooms and indulge in delicious food while watching television. Do yourself a favor if you plan on having any type of procedure done, do a lot of homework and research. Do not go to a plastic surgeon because of convenience even if the price is right because the outcome will cost you more than you can imagine. Thank you for taking your time to read my experiences.

Hey, I live in SD and im looking to pin my ears back. Im having a real hard time finding experienced Dr.'s around here. It seems that they all have performed the surgery, but maybe for a passing grade, or as a rarity in their practice. I want to find a Dr. that specializes in this procedure. Anyhoo. Could you please please post before and after pics? you can completely block out your face :) just need your ears and maybe the scars... Please? Sofia
You welcome Sharon! I had my surgery in March and I already had three follow ups and another one in December. My doctor is a perfectionist, so whenever he needs me to be back, I am there!

Thanks for sharing your story, Christine! How long will you need to travel to SD for follow ups?

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon