Breast Revision, Capsular Contracture with Alloderm

I never have any surgery in my life until the age...

I never have any surgery in my life until the age of 39. After having two kids, I lost my breast volume because of breast feeding. So I decided to have my breast augmentation. On November 2012, I had a local Doctor preformed my BA results both breasts had capsular contracture in a few weeks. April 2013, I had a second surgery to have my breast revision and also removed the capsules from both breasts. Unfortunately, my breasts developed capsular contracture again with in a short period of time. I felt so frustrated. I lost my trusts and my hopes with this doctor. I decided not to go back to see him again.

So I have been doing a research and I found Dr. Pousti website. After viewing thousands of before and after patients' pictures preformed by Dr. Pousti. I called the office and made an appointment for consultation. Because of my history, capsular contracture developed very early after surgery. After Dr. Pousti examined my breasts and explained the benefit vs the risk of having another breast revision . He recommended me to have my breast revision with placing Alloderm, removing bilateral capsules and exchanging new implants.

December 2013, I had my breast revision done by Dr. Pousti. I am now only two weeks post op. I feel great and healthy. I am very satisfied with the way my breasts look. They are so soft, fullness and I also have a beautiful cleavage. I am so happy with my new breasts and new look.

One month post op with breast revision

Wow, time flies, I am now exactly one month post op breast revision. I just had my one month check up with Dr. Pousti yesterday. Everything is going easy and healing smoothly. My breasts look great and soft. Here are some pictures that I took.

6 weeks post op with Alloderm breast revision

Sometimes I think I can not believe myself having 3 surgeries with in one year (all for breast surgery). For the first two after breast surgery, I had a complication with scar tissues. I felt so frustrated and lost myself confident. Coming to this far, I did not want to have my breast implant removed because of capsular contraction. I believe that if there is problem it always can be solved. I am now 6 weeks pots op breast revision with Alloderm. So far everything is coming along. I do not any pain except once in a while I have a burning and shooting pain. I don't know if this is normal. It seems the swollen is gone. My breasts are soft to touch which I did not have this kind of softness experience before with the first two breast sugery.

8 Weeks Post Op

Hello everyone! I am 8 weeks post op two days ago. Today I just went to see my PS for two months check up. Everything is great. So far so good. I can start wearing an underwire bras now. Yay... (I am so tired of wearing sport bras) I still have a tiny bit of numbness on the bottom of right breast but it's starting to subside. My breasts are softer. I still need to massage them a lot more though. I also started to sleep on my side. I feel my life is getting back...whoo hoo.

3 months breast revision post op.

Hello ladies out there. How are you guys doing at three months post op? I am three months post op now. At 11 weeks post op I noticed my right breast was a little firmer than the left. I hope this is not a sign for repeating of CC. I have been taking Accolate and massage them like crazy. I feel a little bit down and I am also starting to worry now...

My 4 months post op breast revision with Alloderm

Hello ladies. Here is my news update for 4 months check up. As I always concerned in the last few weeks of my right breast was firmer than the left breast. Today I just had my 4 months post op check up with my PS. Doctor confirmed that the right breast was just a little bit firmer than the left but there was NO signs of encapsulation. Whoo hoo...pressure released....I was so happy to hear that. He told me just keep up with the massage and no worries.
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

All the comments, reviews and testimonials from the patients who had surgeries performed by Dr. Pousti are so TRUE. Dr. Pousti is so kind, warming, caring and professional. His staff is wonderful. They called and checked on me everyday after my surgery. I definitely will refer friends for his office. Thank you so much for everything you have done for me Dr. Pousti. I am appreciated for your hardworking to revise my breasts and thank you for taking care good of me.

Hi! Looks like we both had the same procedure! Mine is with strattice only one side and I just got it done yesterday. I had to pay almost $9k for one boob. You paid $11 for 2? You must've gotten a great deal! How are things going for you? You said you felt a slight firming?
Hi scrappy37. How are you doing so far? Hope you are doing great and have a fast recovery. Yup, we had a same procedure :). Your breast revision for one side is a little bit pricy. It's totally worth it if it works, right? I am two weeks away to 4 mos. So far so good. Except my right breast. it's a little bit firmer than the left. I will see my PS in two weeks. So, let's see what he's gonna say. In the mean time, I massage them vigorously.
Hi Lkvle, Yes, I think I am doing OK. I can walk around, dress myself, etc. I probably can't go walking too far. But I do feel like I have to hold my chest with my left arm when I get up. I pray that our fixes are "it" and we won't have to worry about CC again. I consider it the cockroach of boobie issues. Once you have the problem, its hard to get rid of it. Is your scar bigger after this surgery? My doc said he had to make it bigger to sew I'm the strattice. I haven't seen it yet. I'm still In bandages till next Thursday. =( that also means no shower. It is interesting that you have the human skin and I have the pig skin. I wonder if we'll see any difference? Yours is supposed to be more expensive too. I wonder what happened there? Must be a difference in doctor fees.
Scrappy, I pray for you too. Hope that everything is going smoothly. We have been paid too much money for our boobies already P: I had my incision done around areola. The scars seem all right. They are big too but it is more noticeable on the left side. How many times did you have your left breast revision? What are your size now?
This is only my first revision. I kind of feel like if the implants are going to keep giving me problems I might have them removed. But for now, we go with this fix which gives us a better chance than the regular capsulectomy. My doc says the strattice reduces our chances of getting CC to less than 1%! He said he has not had a patient who got it again after getting this material, so let's keep praying that it stays that way! If we didn't do it this way, chances would have been somewhere between 33-50% chance of getting it again. That's my understanding anyway. I am size 38D or 36DD. I need to lose weight, so my size will change if i ever do. I have 370cc and 392cc i think. What size are you?
That's what I heard too. Strattice helps with recurrence CC. That is why I chose strattice to fixe CC. Since I had my right breast is a little firmer than the left I am so worried. I hope everything is going well for me. It's kind of stressful to deal with this. I had my silicone both sides 435cc. I think I am 32dd or 34d.
Well keep me posted about your right side, and we'll just think positive thoughts!
Thanks for your thoughts, Scrappy. I'll keep it updating. You take care.
Wow you look awesome, great cleavage too. How much extra is the alloderm? I have heard it can be pricy but something I always was interested in bc I have very little breast tissue. Ugh I SO want to go to Dr. Pousti, I hope he doesn't retire anytime soon!
Thanks Scottsdale. You look great too. Yes, Alloderm is pricy but I think it worths it in investment. I paid for breast revision, complete scar tissues removal and Alloderm all together for &11,500. So I guess for Alloderm itself maybe around 4k. I am sure if in the future you decide to go see Dr. Poustie. He will give you a good price for your revision :).
Thanks again for the info. I'm asking do many questions because I started with a A got 425 left -475right cc and my boobs are atill a little firm and sore if I'm up moving around for 4+ hours . I hope it's not cc! They have dropped a little but not a ton yet and I'm 4 months post op
I hope that it's not CC too. Did you go have your ps checked? How much firm are they? Do you massage your breasts a lot? Good news that they did drop. 4 months post op is still in process of healing. Do you feel sored constantly or just sometimes?
I'm a server and after I work for like 4 hours they start hurting. At the gym they don't hurt though. I just went for my check up and he did not say anything besides that I was tiny and they need to stretch and I may take up to a year to get my final result. They are soft in my surgical bra on my upper pole a little but my whole breast is still pretty firm. I do massage 2-3x a day and I wore the band for 2 months but not anymore. I can't wear a bra yet that makes it kind of sore too
Don't you think that because you used your hands your arms a lots at work? Are both breasts dropped evenly? If you saw your doctor already and he did say anything. I think you are fine. If you feel pained like shooting pain and sharp pain most doctors say that normal because the nerves are working. You are only 4 mos. post op; your body is still under healing. So try to massage a lot. My doctor told message 10x a day. My hands on my boobs all the time..lol. If you are still concerned after see your doctor you should get a second opinion.
How are you? How's everything?
Im so happy for you that all is going well...dr.pousti sounds amazing!!
Thanks shellysmall. Yes, Dr. Pousti is awesome. His nurse told me that people come from all over the countries to have their plastic surgeries done with him.
Yes..I think if I ever have a revision I will come on a combo holiday lol. ..I have good friend in new york who I promise to visit!! X
That's cool. Keep him in your mind if someday you need your breast revision :).
Hi how did you know you had cc??? Both breasts looked normal before you had revision
Thanks for asking Jellyfish1. As I recalled I did not have a soft breasts right after my first surgery. They always felt firm to touch and I thought that it was normal for BA. At two months post op. I noticed my breasts did not drop. My left breast was higher than my right breast. Coming to see Dr. S and he confirmed that I had CC both breasts. So I had 2nd revision to fix the encapsulation with the same doctor. After surgery, at this time I felt my breasts were soft about a month. Then it's not really too long right after my 2nd breast revisionI I felt they both were firm again. How did I know I had CC? Because when I massaged my breasts, I leaned against the wall I felt pained (the feeling like a hard ball underneath my breasts). My breasts were hard to touch. The muscles contracted often. I felt cramping around my breasts all the time. Implants did not drop and my nipples pointed down. Yeah, Jellyfish1. My breasts looked normal as you saw on the picture but they were very hard to touch. I had Dr. Pousti. preformed my 3rd breast revision. He removed a lot of scar tissues from both breasts. Hope this help you to know.
Thank you for the info!!!! I'm sorry to hear. I thought it's normal for breasts to be firm for a whole after ba too esp when u start small and go big. Tissue needs to stretch? Also did they charge you each revision?
No problem, Jellyfish1. I did not get charged for my 2nd revision but I had to pay for general anesthesia and medical facilities. For my 3rd revision I chose a different doctor. Therefore, I had to pay everything again.
Your second revision did he just clean out the capsules for you or did you up size or anything. Can you tell me how much your second revision was please?
Dr. S said that he removed all scar tissues for me. Actually I started out with 300cc for my first BA and I did not like the size. So I changed my implants to 400cc and of course I had to pay for my new implants was $1750 and the other fee was $500. So the total for my 2nd revision was $2250.