Ready to Be Natural (And Tiny) Again - San Diego, CA

Hi ladies, I have been diligently stalking this...

Hi ladies,
I have been diligently stalking this website for over a year now and would just like to start by saying thank you to everyone who has posted here; your stories have helped me to have the courage to finally do this!

My story is pretty typical: always had a basically flat chest, couldn't even fill an A cup. Thought I would be SO SO much happier if only I could fill out a bikini or wear those sexy cleavage bearing shirts. So in 2008 when I was 21 I got implants. I told the surgeon that I wanted to be a small C, but of course that never happens, and with 400cc's of saline- I went from a 32A to a 34D. From the beginning I thought they were too big, but I did like them for the first couple of years. As I've gotten older I've started to feel that having breast implants shows a lack of confidence with myself and my body- and they make me feel slutty. I've pretty much stopped wearing anything that shows cleavage and I am more embarrassed to wear a bathing suit in public than I was when I was an A cup!

My husband, whom I was with when I got the implants, never wanted me to get them in the first place. So when I told him I wanted them out he was supportive- after a short bout of told-you-so's; which I tolerated with minimal eye-rolling, because, hey, he did after all "tell-me-so". He also made me promise that this would be it, no more breast aug. Which I wholeheartedly agree with.

After three consultations I have decided to have them removed with Dr. Handler here in San Diego- he is the first surgeon that did not spend the entire consultation trying to convince me to have them replaced. Per my request, he has agreed to do the procedure in his office under local anesthesia (I hate going under), and thinks the whole thing will take maybe 20-30 minutes. He does want me to have drains for a couple of days, which I am not overly excited about, but I suppose would be better than having fluid collect and him having to go back in.

I am tentatively scheduling for the end of October so I can be sure to have a week off work to recover. Overall I am excited, but a bit apprehensive about what I will look like. I hope my skin is not to stretched out and bounces back to something at least similar to what I looked like before... Better go buy some padded bras! :)

I wish you luck and God's blessings! I got mine removed about a week ago. I had a very similar story. I'm planning on posting my pics once my breasts are more or less presentable, hopefully in about a week. The only thing that kind of confuses me about your removal is local anesthesia. My PS highly recommended removing a submuscular capsule that formed around the implants when they were put in, and he usually does this under general anesthesia. He said that if the capsule is not removed, it will refill itself with fluid and won't heal properly. The analogy he used to explain this was like - if I put palms of my hands together and kept them together for one month, they wouldn't stick to each other, but if I scrape the skin off and put them together, they would. I tend to trust him... Sorry if I'm annoying, but maybe research this a bit more thorough... Anyway, God bless!
Hi, I hope your recovery is going well. About the local anesthesia... I talked to four different surgeons and all but one said it would be fine to remove them under local and leave the capsule as my capsule is very thin. He is going to place drains, which will be in for 3-5 days to prevent fluid from accumulating. He said he will also "rough up" the inside if the pocket to help the tissue stick together
My doctor said almost the exact same thing as yours did...and I trust my ps 100%. I think it really varies from person to person...mine said no need to remove the capsule...no drains for me , just compression and he's doing it under local anesthetic.

1 week preop

Only one more week til A- day and I'm starting to get pretty nervous. Part of me wants to call and and cancel my preop appointment that's scheduled for tomorrow. I have to keep reminding myself how long I've wanted to do this and no matter what it looks like its better than keeping these damn water balloons in my body. I wish I could just fast-forward and have this be over. Or, even better, rewind and never have done it to begin with. Ugghh

Don't look back! I am one day post-op and am so excited! I feel grateful to have gotten the implants out and when I saw them, I couldnt believe I had been carrying them around in my chest all these years - no wonder my back was always bothering me! Relax and enjoy the fact that you are doing something good for yourself!
I'm there with you girl! Make urself a list of reasons u want this and look at it everytime u start doubting.
Good luck at your preop today. I know what you mean about wanting to fast forward time to just be in recovery. The lead up is so emotionally draining. My date is coming up quick and will be glad to be on the other side of this.

no turning back now!

So I went to my preop yesterday and payed for the procedure no changing my mind now! Doc told me to wear very very tight sports bras for the first few days, he recommended buying one size smaller than I used to be, but seeing as I used to be a 33A I don't think that exists! Haha. Oh well, I'm going today to buy something tiny :-)

Good luck on your explant...I will be praying for you that all goes well. I'm right behind you..my surgery is wednesday!! We will get through this and be very happy to be 100% authentic again. Please keep us posted:)
Congrats on your decision. I was checking out breast removal but I'm actually thinking of breast enlargement. I like to do a lot of research beforehand and know all sides though. I love your current breast. I may use it as my wish boobs!! I hope you don't mind.

done and done

Just got home from the procedure. Everything went great but the percocrt I took prior to the surgery is making me sick to my stomach. I'll post pictures in a few days.

Get to feeling better! Can't wait to see photos
Congratulations! I came on here to tell you good luck tomorrow and lo and behold, you are already DONE!

post op day 1

Feeling pretty good today. I haven't taken any pain meds since just before the procedure, apparently percocet makes me sick and I know from past experience that other pain killers have similar side effects; so I'm sticking with Aleve, the pain really is pretty minimal anyways. I am pretty flat. Ok completely flat. But ny boobies feel soft and real; hopefully they "fluff" up over the coming weeks.

about the surgery: I got there about 30 minutes beforehand and took 2 percicets and 10mg of valium, which made me feel pretty drowsy. He numbed me up with lidocaine really well. The surgery took about an hour, he actually removed the implants intact- I can't believe those big balloons were in my! The only part that was was painful is when he "roughed up" the inside of the pocket to help it adhere, which he did with his cauterizer and felt like being burned with a curling iron- on the inside. Less than pleasant. Also he insisted on placing drains. He wants them in for a week, but I'm going to call on Monday and beg to have them out. Its really hard to find shirts that are baggy enough around the midsection to hide these damn things.
overall I feel pretty good and not having any regrets!!

ps- this site won't let me post photos from my phone, so I'll have them up when I feel like going to a conputer

I love how in most of these stories our wonderful husbands/boyfriends did not want us to get implants, but we did anyway and now we know. Well, I know that he loved me for me, not for big boobs. Congrats on your explant. Can't wait to see pics. I to have been stalking this site and I am so glad that I found this site to help me see the light at the end of the tunnel. I haven't explanted yet, but I feel that it is coming soon. Well, when I can raise the money. Here's to a speedy recovery.
How are you doing girl!? I'm getting mine out next week and very nervous.
I'm doing really good. I had my drains removed yesterday and the doc wants me to keep my chest tightly wrapped for another week. He said he was surprised by how well my skin has bounced back considering how large my implants were. I have hardly had any pain at all, and most of it was at the drain insertion sites, so now that they are gone I feel much better. I'm thinking I'll even go back to the gym today! You'll be fine, the build up is way worse than the actual procedure

2weeks post-op

Well, I am 12 days post-op and feeling awesome. No discomfort at all anymore. At least once a day i look down at my chest and say "I love you little boobies!" and its completely true! Here are some photos, sorry about the bad quality.

Hey, thanks for the updates. Were you told at your consultation you may need a lift or you would be really saggy? Just wondering as that's what I have been told scares me! you skin seems to have bounced right back?x
Beautiful!!!!! XOXO how are you feeling months out?
You look great, nothing is more beautiful than what we truly have :-) Enjoy your new life without all these thoughts running round stupid implants all the time! Love, cat
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

really nice guy, very low key. no sales pressure. perfect for me.