35 Years old but I Feel 80, is It my Breast Implants? I'm Getting an Explant After Everything I've Read on Here! - Orange County

I like many other women are having the same...

I like many other women are having the same symptoms with my joint pain, muscle pain, exhaustion, etc...had all my blood work for lupus, RA come back negative...so now I am diagnosed with Fibromyalgia blah blah. It's very hard for me NOT to think its my implants after reading all these other stories this last week on here. I have almost the same story as it seems a lot of us do.

I had a breast aug in 2009 after nursing my first 3, just wanted to be a little fuller again. I ended up getting the Mentor memory gel smooth.

If it wasn't my friend who is a PA to make the recent connection with my implants, I would have never known to look. She didn't know I even had implants but she's known of all my ailments that started right after I got my implants. She has lupus and because of my symptoms she told me I should maybe get tested for lupus...I did and it was negative. When she found out last week that I had implants that's when she said "how long ago did your joint pain start?" Then I said well over 4 years...then it HIT ME!!
I googled 'joint pain and breast implants' and THERE IT WAS! SO MANY people like me.
I have no reason to be overly dramatic or make things up. I have four young kids to care for and I can barley get through my day. I feel like and 80 year old person whose always in pain all over my body. Pain meaning stiff joints, muscle exhaustion, feels like I have tendonitis in my elbows and buttocks, my hips are killing me, and my shoulders and back are so tight. I can't even get to sleep unless I've had a hard pressure back massage. Talk about always feeling irritable because I feel horrible.

I am getting an explant and wanted to know why or why wouldn't a doctor remove the capsule? Most women say they still remain sick unless the capsule is gone, but my doctor said to leave the capsule & he's amazing.

Please reach out if you've had these symptoms after implants and you feel better after the removal!!
THANKS!

"En Bloc" or NOT? Help me!

I'm am drowning in all the opinions of whether or not to have them removed "en bloc", my Dr. in Newport says he rarely does it and that I don't need one, but what if I'm still sick after spending all that money? Then I would have always done the "what if"...I just want to feel good again, yet almost every Dr. has a different opinion :( I have had my silicone gel implants about 4 1/2 years!

Rheumatologist said I have Fibromyalgia and I need more sleep...WHAT?!

I went to see the Rheumatologist yesterday and at first I was nervous to start telling her everything that was going on because there's a list!
I could tell she was irritated by the end of that list and then I told her I think it may be because of my implants. She acted like she's never heard of that, but said to def get them out because she thought I had anxiety about it. haha I said "Yes I probably am a little anxious because I've been in this mystery pain for over 4 years and now I feel like it's spreading to my upper shoulders and my neck"
Then she asked if I've ever been in a car wreck, and I said yea a little one back in like 1998.
I just hate answering those kind of questions from YEARS back being that my symptoms have been just the last 4 years.
I had a ton of blood work done and xrays on my lower back and neck per her request. I have had a bad lower back for as long as I can remember but never have I had trouble walking up a set of stairs or just cooking bacon.
She said "explain your pain" I said "well I just ache all over all the time, and I'm exhausted, my muscles feel exhausted and so do my elbows they ache"
It seems like an easy question to answer but when you are talking to a medical Dr. you can't just say "pain" they don't get it & I don't expect them to. It's almost like you need to experience it first hand.

So I walked out of there thinking if my blood tests come back fine it's def my implants. I've never had so many ailments in my life!! I just want to feel better :)

Today is the day!

I'm explanting under local today at 345 :) I'm hoping all goes well and my 4 year old implants are still in tact and the Dr. doesn't find anything weird in there ;)
I will give everyone an update! Thanks for all the support on here...you are all AMAZING!

They are out and it was a BREEZE!!

Wow I not only feel 20 lbs lighter, but I look leaner (which I prefer) and I feel great. I had them out under local. They were FULLY in tact, no issues and the insides were perfectly clean :)
My Dr. was AMAZING! Today I'm a tad sore but functioning like a normal mother of 4!!
I will post pics when I can...I was a 34 small B before and that's what I look like again, just waiting for the fluffing period. They aren't too bad though. SUPER Happy and my husband couldn't believe how heavy my boobies in a bag were. I took them with me and he picked them up and said "WHOAH those things are heavy" He's super happy I'm back to natural. He never thought I needed to do it anyway.

pics!

My energy is back!!!

I almost can't believe my energy has come back, and I literally haven't woken up a stiff mess since I had my fully in tact implants removed!!
AMAZING!!!! No one would believe my exhaustion unless you have lived it yourself, but let me testify right now, THAT level of exhaustion has disappeared! It's almost too crazy to believe but I'm excited :)

your results look amazing! I am in your area and the price of your surgery is so reasonable! Can you share your Dr. info or was it a favor?
Hi! Congratulations on your explant! It's so wonderful to hear that you feel so good after! You look beautiful and natural and happy! And I just LOVE that pretty blue bra- what brand is it if you don't mind my asking? ;)
PINK!! :)
ELP i HAD MY RUPTURED IMPLANTS REMOVED 11/1/2013 , IT WAS REALLY BAD I HAD CAPSULAR CONTRACTURE. I HAD BIG HARDSILICON GRANULOMAS,S SILICON IN LYMPHA NODES THE SURGERY LASTED 4 1/2 HOURS. I,AM 71 NEVER BEEN SICK A DAY IN MY LIFE NO OPERATIONS (JUST TO HAVE IMPLANTS PUT IN 35 YEARS AGO. I HAVE NILLPS BUT WEIRD. MY BREAST ARE AS BIG AS MUFFINS SMALL SCARS ALL AROUND EACH BREAST RIGHT BREASET HAD TO BE CUT MUSCEL HAD SILICON. IT HAS BEEN 13 WEEKS NOW. I HAVE NO ENERGY AT ALL I,AM DEPRESSED OVER ALL THIS TAKING PROZAC 30 AND XANAX 4MG. I HAD BLLOD TEST 3 MONTHS AGO. ALL I CAN SAY UNTILL THESE SILICON BREAST IMPLANTS RUPTURED I FELT GREAT HAVE ALWAYS HAD ALOT OF ENERGY. NOW I STILL DON,T FEEL GOOD THEN THOSE THICK SCARS PULL FEELS WEIRD. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR ME TO FEEL GOOD AGAIN???? DID ANY ONE ELSE HAVE THIS PROBLEM PLEASE HELP ME. SO DOWN. HAD NO NEW ONES PUT IN. DON,T WANT NO MORE SURGERY. THANKS ALOT PINK!!
Hi ZZZtop, So sorry to hear what you are going through. I myself am going through the same thing... I'm so confused and don't know what to do?? My implants were put in the year of 2003, I have a ruptured silicone implant which I don't know how long it's been leaking?? I have several lymph nodes with silicone and one lymph node is 3cm. I have seen ps and now I need to see a breast surgeon as well to discuss the removal of lymph nodes. I'm so confused and scared about replacing or not?? Prior to implants I nursed my 3 children so I'm so afraid of what my breast will look like once I take them out and not replace.. All the PS said is that I wouldn't be happy without them and one said even if I had a lift I wouldn't be happy. I know these are so unhealthy but all the PS say " That there is no studies or research to prove that silicone is unsafe???" And that all these women that complain that silicone has made them sick are crazy. This is why it is so hard for me to find a PS to remove my implants. I some scared..
Dear Waterbra: I had my silicon breast implants removed 11/1/2013 the silicon had leaked every where , he had to cut my muscle, lumpia nodes. i had extensive surgery also had granulomas. my implants were double DD,s . now they look like fried eggs , thick scars, also they had to remove almost all my own breast tissue there was hardley anything left. I,am totally flat. this has been the worse nightmare of my life. i could have new ones put in but it would be almost a year just for me to heal. the surgery was 4 1/2 hours. and i have felt so run down so tired depressed. and I also had a lousey PS . it cost me $10,500.00 i,am scared still . i don,t get it you have to get those implants out once it is in lymphia ndoes. and I don,t know what to tell you. i had to have all the tissue and silicon that came out tested 6 times for cancer. thank God I had no cancer. but if you want new ones put in they should look nice but you have to heal first if you don,t have them replaced what breast tissue is left they can do mini left it lefts them up. if your breast were small after nursing like a b cup , what ever is left (your tissue) they lift it up and you could look real small. I don,t know. I,am on Prozac xanax, so exhausted from this whole mess and this ps i have he will not even return a phone call. i wish you so much luck . please let me know what happens. hugs zzztop
How do you know that your lymph nodes have silicone in them. I have a rupture but didn't know they could tell if it was in your lymph nodes until they got in there. Is there a test or something? I'm scared too!
Hi Bigmistake82, The only reason that I knew I had a ruptured implant was because I noticed an enlarged lymph node and went to my doctor and she ordered an ultrasound that looked like I had silicone into lymph node. So to confirm they had me do a diagnostic mammogram and said it appeared that my right implant was ruptured and that they weren't able to get a good image of the lymph node so to continue confirmation they ordered MRI which came back as a ruptured implant with silicone in several of the lymph nodes and the largest one being 3CM. I had no idea that my implant was ruptured... Pretty Scary
Thank you Water Bra. It is very scary to think that silicone can get out and into your body. I'm dreading but also looking forward to my consultations. From an MRI I do know I have a rupture but hopefully it is still in the capsule.
Zzztop, sending you love and healing!!!
DEAR WATERBRA; I HAD SO MUCH SILICON IN MY BODY. I WAS NEVER EVEN TOLD BY MY PC DR. ALL I KNOOW UNTIL I HAD THIS SURGERY I WAS ACTIVE WALKED NOW FOR THE LAST MONTH I FEEL SO TIRED. BUT MY IMPLANTS WERE PUT BEHIND CHEST MUSCLE. (BEST WAY) SO TO GET TO THE RUPTURED IMPLANT HE HAD TO CUT THROUGH MY CHEST MUSCLE IN LYMPHIA NODES. I DID NOT HAVE THEM REPLACED IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN ALMOST A YEAR STRETCHING THE SKIN SO THE NEW IMPLANT COULD GO IN. BECAUSE HE HAD TO REMOVE SO MUCH OF MY OWN TISSUE AND SKIN. JUST A NIGHT MARE. I HAD TO BUY THOSE FOAM INSERTS TO PUT IN BRA. BUT IF YOU KNOW FOR SURE YOUR IMPLANT IS RUPTURED IT HAS TO COME OUT AND IF IT IS IN YOUR LYMPHIA NODES THEN IT IS LEAKING. I WISH YOU ALOT OF GOOD LUCK AND HOPE EVERY TURNS OUT GREAT HUGS ZZZTOP
DEAR BIRD7 THANK YOU SO MUCH. IT HAS BEEN 4 MONTHS I JUST FEEL EXHAUSTED. DEPRESSED NO BREAST NOW. MY SURGERY WAS VERY INTENSE SERIOUS SURGERY. BUT I HAD THEM FOR 35 YEARS NEVER ONE PROBLEM. I HAVE TO GO TUESDAY AND GET BLOOD WORK AGAIN. TO MAKE SURE I HAVVE NO INFECTION. I HAVE NEVER BEEN SICK A DAY IN MY LIFE . UNTILL I HAD THIS SURGERY. HAVE A GOOD DAY. WRITE TO ME ANY TIME. ZZZTOP
I don,t understand that my right breast and left breast were both ruptured I went to just a plastic Surgeon. He did everything. all the Dr does is feel under your arms to feel for lumps. You sure did,nt have your implants long before they ruptured just 10 years old. Mine were 35 years old had them put in I think 1988 never in 35 years did I have a problem. If I was young like you and I had to have mine removed I think I would have the new silcon implants put in. You can cut them open don,t leak but I think expensive. I would never get saline. "ugh Silicon does not cause Lupus or chronic fatigue symdrom they have done so many studies. Like me I have silicon migrating in my body right now it will small amounts come out every day through sweating, your urine, or your bowel moments. why would a platic surgeon not take out your inplants out???? and how come 2 differant Plastic Surgeons? Don,t be scared and don,t listen to all that crap. They did take silicon off the market, then they brought them back. Years of studies of silicon, and the women. Proved nothing. and I would not worry about that Just go to the surgeon (plastic) and get it set up to get them removed the longer you wait it will be like mine get into your natural tissue. and a big mess. Did you have big breast with implants in them to???? Just get new implants put in . If I was your age I would have had the new ones put in silicon . I know it is a scarey thing to face it has taken me over 3 months to just feel ok I have never had surgery belore., accept to have them put in and I was young and in 5 days I was working and going out. Please don,t wait. I take medications for Panic attacks and anixty . And I was so scared. if I could have had new ones put in I would have been so happy. I have to close now big hugs zzz. Don,t be affraid take deep breaths.
You look great and things only get better. I had my implants removed due to unexplained pain. Which started about 6 years after implants. Now I feel a lot better still have some pain but I started taking fish oil and glucosamine and condroitin seems to be helping.
So glad you feel better! Was there a rupture in your implant? I'm seeing that ruptures or not women are having reactions to their implants!!
Love that bra! Where did you get it?
PINK! :) http://www.victoriassecret.com/pink/all-bras/rose-lace-plunge-bra-pink?ProductID=160277&CatalogueType=OLS
Thanks! Just ordered one in an XS.
Awesome! Too bad we couldn't all get together in our cute new little bralettes for a photo!!
Lol! Wouldn't that be cute! :-)
Bralettes I called mine a training bra for 10 year old. ha ha ha take care zzz
Hi and congratulations on being healthy. Did you go for the en bloc total capsule removal or not in the end. i have read through your post/story but can't find whether you had the capsule removed in the end...but then my head is a shed lately. I still haven't moved on with my decision from nearly a year ago:-(....i really have to get a skate on. Your boobs look Fabtastic...well done:-)
I didn't end up doing the "en bloc" because I really trusted what my doctor said and sure enough my implant was fully in tact and he checked the capsule and all was good :) He works with breast cancer & reconstruction & trauma so I trusted him to the fullest. He is also the most professional and kind person I've ever met in this industry...I was so blessed to find him! SKATE ON msprincess...it's the best decision I've EVER made!!!
...thank you for that encouragement. I know I must sort it out but the consultants I have seen have said so many differing things to me and the one I trusted said he would remove en bloc, that's when I was told they were ruptured and at that point it felt the correct thing to do. Now after a MRI I have been told they are not ruptured and feel in my gut that because the MRI shows (and examnation) that my capsule is very, very thin, I shouldn't have the capsule removed as it may do more damage to the tissue to remove it but the consultant I liked said he would still remove it and I just feel in my gut that this is now no longer necessary....so the search goes on!:-(
Well the fab news is that removing under local is so easy and takes no time and there's no time, at least this has been my experience. And my Dr. Was such an honest man and walked me though the whole removal. If your MRI says no rupture I wouldn't do the en bloc. I didn't have an MRI I just trusted that if there was something wrong I could trust my doc. Trust us BIG because you're at thier mercy when they give you all this info...it gets overwhelming for sure!