Highly Recommended - San Diego, CA

I have always wanted breast implants for as long...

I have always wanted breast implants for as long as I can remember; it was just never financially feasible until recently.

My natural breasts were not small, but I cannot remember a time that they were ever perky; and I have always wanted to be much larger than I was naturally. It is one thing to feel good in clothing and it is entirely different to feel confident naked.

Now that I have had the breast augmentation, I finally feel proportionate and it is even motivating me to lose a little weight so that the rest of me looks as good as my new boobs. I have no regrets and I am loving my results even though I am only 2 weeks out at this point.

I am only 2 weeks post-op right now, but I am already thrilled with my results.  When we spoke with Dr. Pousti about what I wanted, we specified that I wanted saline implanted under the muscle at whatever size was necessary to fill and lift my existing tissue.  I left many choices up to him in the operating room because I trusted his expertise.  I gave him pictures of how I would ideally like to turn out and so far my results are much better than I expected.

San Diego Plastic Surgeon

I gave Dr. Pousti's bedside manner a 4 because during the initial consultation, though I felt he was being honest and realistic about my expectations, when I came for my pre-op appointment, it seemed as though he was trying to lower my expectations a bit. I am realist and I don't expect magic and I realize there have probably been clients with unrealistic expectations, and so he was treating me the same way he would treat them. This didn't bother me very much, which is why I gave 4 stars, but my husband was a little unnerved by it. Otherwise, Dr. Pousti is very friendly and relaxed, yet professional. There was never a doubt in my mind that he wouldn't do his best to give me the result I was asking for, but I was taking a little bit of a risk in my request since I really needed a lift with my Breast Aug., but was trying to avoid it by going with larger implant. Dr. Pousti merely made it known that he didn't know how many cc's he would be able to safely fit until he was in surgery and there was a risk that if he couldn't fit a large enough implant, that I could end up with sub-par results. I appreciated his candor and trusted him to do his best; which he absolutely did and way exceeded my expectations during the surgery. As for answering my questions, he has always answered mine and my husband's thoroughly and his staff is very knowledgeable as well. For the after-care follow-up, I have received calls from his office almost daily for the first 2 weeks after the surgery to make sure I was ok and my two post-op visits have gone very smoothly as well. I realize Dr. Pousti's time is valuable, but he has always taken time to answer my questions and I have never felt that he was in any hurry to get to the next appointment or anything like that. When he was in the room, his focus was entirely on me. I have emailed the office on several occasions and they have always gotten back to me very quickly with the needed answers and every one is very friendly on the phone. Customer Service is very good. As I mentioned before, his staff is very friendly, professional and knowledgeable. They are also never in a hurry and are always able to answer my questions. My husband and I paid cash for the surgery so we made the down payment over the phone by credit card and then brought a cashier's check at the pre-op for the remainder of the payment. The entire process was very simple. The first two visits my husband and I made to Dr. Pousti's La Mesa office, we ended up waiting 30-45 minutes after our appointment time. The first visit was our initial consultation and they don't have a sign-in sheet like many doctor's offices and it felt like they forgot about us after we checked in. Many other people were helped before us that had arrived after us. The second visit we made was for my pre-op appointment and I do not remember ever being asked to arrive a few minutes early in order to fill out paperwork, so we arrived about 10 minutes before our appointment, but it took me about 20 minutes to fill out all the forms and then many other people arrived after us and they were all helped before we were. I have not experienced this since. For both of my post-op appointments, we arrived early and were taken back early; so much so that we were leaving before our original appointment times. Based on what I have seen, I believe the two bad waiting experiences my husband and I had, are the exception to the rule and things usually run more smoothly.

Thank you for posting your story! I am getting ready for my surgery on the 27th of April, and your before photos give me hope! I think we look similar in the before, and your afters are amazing! I agree that you can carry these well, and the size fits your frame. They look so good, I hope I am as lucky! I am only 5'3 but I am a "big girl" and my Dr is confident that I can carry a large implant as well based on my measurements.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

hi! i just want to say, your breast look beautiful and just the perfect size for your frame! i do want to ask if you ended up with over the muscle or under the muscle? I just had my breast augmentation surgery about 5 weeks ago and i also started with a 34D and my doctor said that my only choice without getting a lift will be to get 700cc saline Moderate plus over the muscle, i wanted under the muscle but my ps said that there will be a high possibility of developing a "double bubble" because my breast were saggy to start with. mine look so similar to yours! but smaller because im only 5'3 140 pounds but im extremely happy with my results and it sounds like you are too!! xoxo
I actually went under the muscle. I haven't verified with my surgeon, but if I had to guess, I would assume because of the size that they are only partially under the muscle, not completely. Thank you for the compliments; I am quite happy with my results as well. They are turning out a bit lower that I would like, but that was a risk I took by not getting a lift. I cannot complain though, because they are about 1,000 times better than they used to be. I think it's just easy to get caught up in the imperfections when you pay a lot of money for new boobs.

Congrats on your wonderful new boobs too!
thank you for your your comment! my breast are lower than i would like too! but to me, is nature is gravity! jaja! and i dont mind!i rather have this than the scars and the pain of getting a lift. please let me know if you can, if you have a change to verify that you got them under the muscle; im just curios to see what dr. pousti did in your case. i heard great things about him!

thank you! xoxo
HI there quiney08! I have been in awe with your results. I to I'm going to have an Augmention without a lift. I don't mind the sag, i actually find them to have a realistic look to them. My Dr. asked me if i was really against the lift hand i told her yes because i really didn't want to deal with the scaring . I actually to your pic to her at my first consultation and expressed to her that THAT IS WHAT I WANTED!.....lol ( wow, look at you being used as a boob model...lol) Anyway, i wanted to know how many cc's did you get in each breast and did you ever find out if they were placed under or over the muscle? Also what type of implant did you get HP, SFT RND... etc, i really don't know what type of implants are out there, but one thing i do know is that i want ones like yours because i absolutely love your results. Hope you're doing well with your twins and i hope to read from you soon. if its not to much to ask..... can you post some recent pics with or without them dressed. would like to see how time has had them settled in. thanks!
Thank you very much for the kind comments. I ended up with 1180 cc's in each breast. I had smooth, round, moderate profile implants. And they are under the muscle, but i believe at that size they are not 100% under, just the top portion is, but that is just what i have heard; i didn't verify with my surgeon. I have also added a few more recent pictures (24 weeks) because they have dropped some more. I think part of it is due to the fact that i have dropped about 15 pounds since my surgery. I wanted to give you some more recent examples so you can be sure you are ok with a pretty decent amount of hang (assuming your starting point is similar to mine). I actually wish mine were a little perkier, but i am planning on having children in the next few years so i want to wait until after that to get them lifted. I do think they look pretty natural in clothing since they sit lower though.

Best of luck with your decisions and let me know if you have any other questions. Overall, I am thrilled to have big boobs!
Awww quiney, thank you for replying so quickly. I will bring this to my ps's attention about the smooth , round moderate profiles and the 1180 cc's of each breast. I am ready to except the hang since i to I'm starting of with saggy maggys...lol it seems that since your ps overfilled yours they seem to have benefited from what looks like a lift because of their so round. i just have a few questions for you...... sorry...lol . Do you feel comfortable with them? How do you think they feel? do you still have sensation in your nipples because thats something I'm really scared of loosing. I have had all my kids and don't plan on having anymore so i want to be able to enjoy my future twins with my hubby as much as possible. Im having a mommy makeover so i want to get it as close to perfect as i can. Im a thick woman with tons of curves but i personally love that look but can't stand what pregnancy has done to my body. Im in the process of loosing weight also but am not looking to loose no more than 40 lbs since i want to remain What is considered to be a BRICK HOUSE....lol . Im going for the thick hot momma look and I'm really praying i get it. thanks for all your time and input. I really appreciate it and i can't wait to update you ladies about my upcoming procedure. please feel free to take a look at my profile and comment whenever you can. Thanks again!
they look amazing i want my friend to be that big adn are they really aa K ?
What size bra were you before? now? congrats on the great results.
Thank you! And I was a 34D pre and I am currently sizing at a 32J. I hope my size doesn't change any more though because Freya only goes up to K cup and I don't know of any other pretty bras beyond a K cup.
is it weird to say i would be happy with your old boobs, hell at least you had some...
Thank you! I did appreciate having boobs, but I haven't had any children yet and they have never been perky a day in my life.
Ty! They're looking great! I can only hope my results will be as nice as yours. :0) I hope the suture problem you've had goes away. Thanks again for being so helpful, it's nice to see the progression. I haven't been feeling so great so I haven't had my hubby take more pics. for me to upload to my profile. I'm gonna just have to do it tomorrow. Take care, Jen :0D
Hey quiney, I'm stopping in to see how you're doing and ask you a question. So I had my surgery on nov. 4th I got 800cc silicone unders I of course am still waiting for them to drop it's been ten days. I was wondering how long did yours take to drop and how long did the pain last for you? :0) hope you're doing good and are still happy with your boobies!! Ty, Jen :0)
Congratulations on your surgery! I hope your recovery is going smoothly. Depending on what you started with, it could take months for them to drop if they have to wait for the skin to stretch. I started with saggy boobs so I had skin to fill so I think mine dropped much more quickly than the average person. I would say most of my dropping was done by week 4 and I have seen subtle changes each week since. I will try to post some progression pics this week so you can see my changes.

As for the pain, I would say most of that was gone after two weeks but I would have little weird pains occasionally after that until week 6. I'm just short of 8 weeks now and don't have any pain unless there is a lot of direct pressure like from laying on my stomach for yoga or something. But even then, I am not sure pain is the right word, it's more discomfort.

I hope this helps. Happy healing!
Tyvm that would be great! Right now mine are still really high, I think they may have dropped a tiny bit. I know they've gotten a tad bit softer. I'm just so impatient. I want the end result ya know! You've really been helpful I appreciate it a lot! Ty so much, Jen
I just wanted to let you know I posted progression pictures Weeks 2 - 7. You can see that around Weeks 4 & 5 they started to get rounder at the top and stop looking so fraken-boobish.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Also, the bandages are because I have had some issues with my dissolveable sutures not being absorbed by my body and so they worked their way to the surface around Weeks 6 & 7.
Hi first off you look great!! I was wondering how tall you are and how much you weigh? I'm also going with a large implant. I'm trying to get a rough idea of how they may turn out. I'm hopefully going with 800cc silicone, I say hopefully because I haven't had my pre-op to finalize yet. :0) I did do the rice test but I've read that's not totally definate. Thanks so much, Jen
I am 5'8 and weigh about 185. I carry weight somewhat evenly, but I definitely have some thicker legs and butt. I actually want to lose some weight now because the 1180 just made me look proportionate; they don't look very big at all. I love them though and I'm glad I didn't let a number scare me.

Best of luck to you with everything ahead of you.
And thank you for the compliment!
Ur welcome. And thanks for the quick reply it really helps a lot. :0)

Wow! That's amazing. They feel good, though? Not too big?

I'm still early in the recovery process so they feel a little weird and there's still swelling.

Some might say they're too big, but I think they fit my frame nicely. They are easily dressed down for my conservative workplace but they can be emphasized when I'm out for the night or a special occasion.

Thanks for posting your experience here on RealSelf. It sounds like you got exactly what you wanted! What size implants did you end up with?