aaaahhhhh!!! tomorrow! tomorrow! :) - San Diego, CA

I have been overweight all of my life and a few...

I have been overweight all of my life and a few years ago I decided to make a change. I lost a total of 96lbs and have kept if off for a few years. After my weight loss I had excess skin in the abodminal region and had a tummy tuck. During my consultation with my plastic surgeon we talked about a breast augmentation but I was still unsure if that was something I really wanted. Well, two years later, I have decided to go through with the procedure. I have had a lot of time to think about it and I know it will give me the confidence I feel like I deserve. I am returning to the same plastic surgeon that did my tummy tuck because my results are unbelievable. The confidence I gained from this procedure is immeasurable and I can only imagine how my breast augmentation will make me feel. I am a little worried that I will come out looking too big..that is not my goal. I am tall (5'11), athletic (workout about 4-6 days a week) and curvy, about 185lbs. The doc wants me to go at least 550cc (and that is being conservative in his eyes), he thinks I should be anywhere from 600-650cc. WEll the surgery is tomorrow and if anyone has any advice or opinion on how large I should go, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm in the waiting room and I'm so nervous. It...

I'm in the waiting room and I'm so nervous. It makes me question if I'm doing the right thing. I have to continually remind myself that this is the right choice. :-) I know it is!!! Woo hoo. Ok. Now I'm excited. I'll keep you updated. Hopefully I can post after the procedure.

Good morning/evening. I can't sleep..woke up to...

Good morning/evening. I can't sleep..woke up to take some more pain medicine because my amazing boyfriend set an alarm for every 4 hours. He is sleeping on the floor at the moment..he's a keeper. Well, I did it!!!! I had surgery this morning at around 11am and woke up in recovery at around 130pm. I woke up and it initially felt like a had bricks on my chest. I looked down and, oh my word, I HAD BOOBS. The first thing I asked the nurse was "what is the number written on my chest?". She responded, "752cc" . I yelled, "holy sweet Jesus, you're lying". At that point I was in shock at the number. My plastic surgeon came and talked to me and said, "don't worry about the number, its just a number. You had constricted/tuberous breasts and I had to open up the chest. You have a large shoulders and hips and my number one goal was to make your more proportional". Well, he sure did!! I was a little apprehensive to look in the mirror but I trust my surgeon. He knew exactly the look I was going for and brought the poster I made with boobs I loved and boobs I did not like in the surgery room. After the nurse wheeled me out of the recovery room I saw a glimpse of the new girls and they look amazing!!!!!!!! Not too big at all...they totally balance out. I can't wait until the swelling goes down and they settle. Right now, I'm pretty sore because the anesthesia wore off and I was very itchy. I called the nurse and she advised me to take a benedryl. This exact thing happened after my tummy tuck but I totally forgot. The benedryl kicks in pretty quickly. I'll keep you updated as the days progress.

You are so welcome!!! I am glad that everything went well, and glad that you are happy with your new "girls" :) i hope you have a fast recovery, my pain has been very manageable. I go tomorrow to get my surgi-tape off and i am very excited about that because it is starting to irritate my skin. Day 7 for me and i am trying to manage with tylenol for the first time today. Don't forget to ice, it was such a savior!!
I'm sure you can't wait to see them! I'm so excited for you. I didn't even think about ice! I am using it right now and it totally helps. Thank you for the tip.
Hope you are doing well!

How did it go? I hope you're feeling okay. The first few days will be the hardest and then you'll turn a corner. Thinking about you!

Thank you for the well wishes. I feel ok until I have to start moving around. Honestly, the pain is definitely there but it's nothing I can't handle. :-)
Don't be worried you will be sooo happy when you are in recovery!!! It is well deserved after all of your weight loss!!
Hello!! Thank you so much for the support. I'm very excited to see the results and even more excited to see them after the swelling has gone down. I really appreciate the time you took to comment on my post. I just posted about my recover :-)
Good luck!
Thank you!!! The support on this website is amazing.
Hi, i am 6 days post op breast lift and augmentation. I am very pleased with my results so far but when I first seen them after surgery they looked huge to me, but now that the swelling is going down they look much more what i was expecting! So don't be too alarmed when you first see them!!! Good luck!!!!
Thank you very much! I'm so glad you are happy with your results. I can only imagine the confidence it will bring you. :-)