Good Results from Full Face Plastic Surgery....eyes, Temple Lift, Neck Lift and Facelift - San Clemente, CA

My surgery went ok but my blood pressure spiked a...

My surgery went ok but my blood pressure spiked a bit. I stayed overnite in their surgery center. I was monitored and had an RN taking care of me. The next day I went home with one drain and lots of instructions.My husband started to pass out when he saw me. I did look awful, but not as bad as i expected. The next 4 days are pretty fuzzy because I took the pain pills and really laid low. after about a week I could see what I might look like. I saw the Dr. at 1 day postop, 3 days, 5 days, one week, and about 10 days. then at 2 weeks and at 3 weeks. My Dr. was fantastic.

I do have some slight swelling at 5 weeks out, but doesnt bother me. Also have numbness in head, sides of face, ears, and forehead. But I knew this would happen.
My surgery was six hours. Maybe things will change, Ill post if they do, but right now I am one happy camper.

I was out and about at ten days, and went to my club at two weeks. My friends were astounded. I had given my doctor a picture of me at 45 and I know he had it on the wall in the OR.
I still need a little makeup but life is good. I must sleep on my back or bad things happen . I dont like it but some people dont have a bed to sleep on so I deal with it. I have to eat light and not drink and not eat rich food or high salt foods. Yes, there is discomfort but I know this surgery was very traumatic to my system. From reading all the posts, it seems many people have lots of troubles.

I find I sometimes start to obsess about the surgery and my face. I notice that when I am busy I forget about it. I also found that most people arent looking at me really and dont notice what I notice.

my advice to others, dont scimp on the cost. I live in southern california. There are many options here, from life style lift ( about 9k for what i had) to beverly hills certified artists for 35k. also, be realistic. If you are real heavy, youre still going to look heavy after the surgery. Look at a picture of yourself maybe 15 years back. If you liked the way you looked then, you will like your result. Be sure you really need the surgery and arent just obsessed with looking younger.

Jst realized i dont have a smiling after picture ....

jst realized i dont have a smiling after picture . Im posting one that was taken at 3 weeks. Please note my face was a blank canvas, I had never had anything done.

also posting another before picture.

Six weeks, not too many changes . am posting...

six weeks, not too many changes . am posting pictures with no concealer. there is still some swelling here and there. I assume its because I had 2 glasses of wine and a big dinner last nite.

my ears are still tender, cant lay on my side. still Im very excited about the results and life is becoming more normal every day. Hit golf balls yesterday and tomorrow am playing!

Hello, today is eight weeks out. I am back to my...

hello, today is eight weeks out. I am back to my evil ways with lemon drop martinis and mexican food. I posted apicture with no camoflauge. there is swelling. see above. this week im behaving.

days go by now that i dont think about this facelift. my friends tell me im gorgeous and the difference is huge, but Im over the whole thing. very glad I had the procedure. Not going to obsess about lumps or bumps. they go away anyway.

detail update: sleeping on side. hurrah! still numb on top of head and sides of face and ears. skin a little tight occasionally. otherwise Im very happy camper. lymph node release by massage therapist a fabulous experience. I recommend to everyone.

Hello, now it really is 7 weeks, i had dates all...

hello, now it really is 7 weeks, i had dates all mixed up. Have a new picture that is better.
Went to colorado the altitude and dryness had some impact on my face. there was more swelling and tightness. In this case, a good allergy pill fixed everything up. pollen counts very high there. Good luck to all future face lift receivers. may you be as happy as I am.

3months out

saw my Surgeon, he gave me my pictures. the before picture is monstrous, but honesty is the best policy. the after pictures are with minimal makeup, i wanted him to see my skin clearly. life is still interesting. drinking and eating salty food will punish me but doesnt seem to stop me from having an occasional martini.

parts of head still numb, ears still tender. this is not for the faint of heart.
sometimes sweeling occurs, and its uneven. underchin scar still a little red. but my friends tell me i look like a child so what do i care?

having a little trouble posting pixs brb

pixs

pix

before side

pix

pictures not in order

sorry i can t seem to delete any. oh well.

almost 5 months out

hi everybody. im doing well, don't think about my surgery much anymore. Im addicted to reading tt reviews and facelift reviews but otherwise all is good. my face has definitely relaxed a bit around my mouth but im ok with it. there is a little divot between my eyes but im ok with that too. still a little uncomfortable at times. using arnica for occasional swelling due to martinis.

Eight months

Recovered. Look about the same, but face more relaxed.
It was definitely worth the cost and discomfort.

Two hints for future face lifters

Be cautious with ice, my dr denied me ice. Said numb face plus ice can lead to burns and marks. Same with heat.

Exercise too early causes more swelling. It's a long road coming back to normal activity.

I changed my makeup and my hair with the help of professionals. Really important to look your best.

Last, don't tell your surgeon what to do. He is the expert. Don't shop for one that will do what you want when others won't. You'll end up with the wrong one. My dr told me he turns some women away. Because he just knows he can never make them happy. Oh...when u are obsessing on your looks, try to gain perspective. In the global view, how important is it?

18 months out

Hi all. I am doing fine. I did gain about ten pounds, my exercise level declined. When I realized I was bigger, I got serious, lost 16 pounds and got a trainer. I will lose 12 more and then decide if I want more. I suspect it's easy to gain weight after a facelift.
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon