Update! Need some advice! - San Antonio, TX

Hi my name is Gabby and am 19 years old. I have...

Hi my name is Gabby and am 19 years old. I have been wanting to get my nose done ever since I can remember. Mainly for the fact that I have been told it is larger than normal and that has always really stuck with me. It has enabled me to do a lot of things in my life and although i have dealt with it at times I know I am not the person I am because of it. I sometimes feel wherever i go people are staring at it and has then forced me to hide it as much as I could. SO I have decided that I finally want to precede with the procedure and finally do what I know will make me happy.

What I don't like about my nose is that I have the hump that comes from my dads nose as well as my nostrils that I think are too big. Also when i smile my nose droops down and just looks very witch like. I am fine with the width of it but I think it is just too big for my face and needs to be changed.

I am getting super excited about my consultation which is scheduled for April 9th. I know I have to do it either way or I won't ever truly know what I could have looked like.

BUT I am super nervous about the procedure itself and what the journey will be like. Reading all these posts is what honestly helped me want to go through it. So i do have a couple questions
How long did your healing process take and what was the hardest part?
Did you notice a significant change when it was over?
Did your nose come out the way you imagined it after?
Were there any problems after the procedure?
And also any doctors you may recommend the best of the best?

I'm sure I'll think of more questions later but that's all I have for now! :)
If you could please share any personal advice or experience that would be grandddd thanks! :)))

So i went to my consultation with Dr. Young and...

So i went to my consultation with Dr. Young and was not very pleased with how it went. He took one look at my nose, looked at it from various angles, and simply said "oh we can do that." And when i asked him some questions his answers were very much vague. I also brought with me a book containing information about rhinoplasty and before and after pictures done by a team of doctors in Austin, Tx that work for Personique. I showed him the work from the doctors in Austin and his face lit up saying "oh those are really good work."

So from his astonishment i knew it was work that he could probably not achieve and that i was looking for. From his lack to really getting to know me and making me feel comfortable i decided to pass on him and make a call to Austin to schedule my consolation with Dr.Elks, the lead doctor working at Personique. It was then that I realized Austin being a little more than an hours drive away would be worth it if i wanted to obtain my perfect new nose!

So i have scheduled an appointment with him next friday April, 26th and i am ore than excited that he could be the one! :) Can't wait!

Leaving to Austin for my consultation bright and...

Leaving to Austin for my consultation bright and early tomorrow!
SUPER FREAKIN EXCITED!! :)
That is all.

I have never felt so at ease and so at peace...

I have never felt so at ease and so at peace through this entire journey of wanting to get a rhinoplasty done till this day. My consultation with Dr. Buckspan was this morning and as you can tell went AMAZING! Literally wanted to cry as he was speaking the words "your nose will look better immediately" and "i'll treat her like my own daughter" to my mother who was sitting across the table. I have never felt more confident about this decision and about myself to go through with this. Compared to the last consultation, the vibes in the Personique office were unreal. I immediately felt serenity from the moment i walked in to the moment i shook the consultation assistants hand and left.

So i'm ready to be done with the "big nose" look i've been sportin' for way too long now and get the small cute nose that i want to finally flaunt!
And a BIG THANKS to everyone on this site. Coming here was such a revelation for me and I've been nothing but inspired seeing and reading all of your personal stories. You guys are all beautiful!

Haven't scheduled a date just yet but thinking about somewhere in late June. Seriously beyond excited this is all happening now!!
I'm in pure bliss :) any questions or advice feel free to ask!

Much love, Gabby

THEE craziest thing happened in my class a few...

THEE craziest thing happened in my class a few days ago. While in Spanish class, obviously not listening to the lecture, me and two other people were discussing how our weekends went and somehow the topic of what type of surgery we would want to get done came up. I wanted to say mine but decided to keep it to myself when out of no where the guy across the table pulls out a picture to show us and with a line split down the middle of two pictures was a before and after photo of a rhinoplasty he had got done back in august! I seriously freaked out at what i just saw. I wanted to say that I was going to get the procedure done but couldn't muster up the courage to tell them. But omg what a sign! ha just an odd thing that happened that day that was totally unexpected.

Anyways i finally have a date set! My date is June 25th! I'm so excited it couldn't be anymore further away.

Before pics

Out with the old, in with the new! :)

My surgery is 6 days away guys. I have more excitement than anything. Like literally zero nervousness. I have this site to thanks. Everyones stories that i related with are what helped me gain the courage to finally go through with this. Soo a BIG thank you to everyone on here! Couldn't have done it without you ha i'm enjoying seeing everyone's progress and can't wait to finally reveal mine. Anything to prepare right before that i should know? Maybe some essentials i should buy? Thanks! :))))

I'm so ready to get rid of this thing

Less than 4 hours away. Definitely excited more than nervous! Yay! :)

DAY 1 POST OP

Wow this has got to be the easiest procedure i've ever went through. I got there in full nerves not knowing what to expect, said goodbye to my mom, and went into the waiting room. They had me change into the gown and cap then gave me some valium to take which really did make me feel like i had a couple margaritas! The nurse put me in my IV and we then walked toward the operating room. She told me to lie on the bed and last thing i remember i was talking and then lights out. Next thing I knew i was in recovery. I don't remember much until we got home which was in Austin and i'm from San Antonio. I slept the whole way. But the best part of it was that I literally had ZERO pain and didn't get sick one bit seeing other people on here have. Still a little woozy but I honestly feel so great! And happy! ha

ALSO did anyone wake up with a chopped tooth? I know i can get that fixed but it was two of them and my doctor told me i was biting my lip getting out of recovery so idk how that could have happened. BUT all in all it was the EASIET procedure i could have ever imagined. Nose is just numb and i barely have any bruising! if i could do it again i would! :)))

Also....

My throat doesn't hurt one bit, my top lip isn't numb, and I feel zero nausea. The healing process has been treating be so good so far! :) super happy as of now

Day 2 feeling eggggselent! :)

DAY 4!

Before photos of me

Day 5

Same look. Feeling the stitches a little more today. I'd show em but they look a little scary seeing they had to put in a lot tontake down the nostril size. I can already see the bridge looking way smoother :) so happy as of now.

Day 7

Day 9 post op

Soooo here it is! Wow so happy a painless procedure led to a great new nose. OBVIOUSLY have the sausage nose going on right now with the swelling on the top and tip but i love how once all that subsides it will still look natural enough with somewhat drop and somewhat side nostril. But i love how smaller they were than before! :) at this point it really does feel like a wooden nose and is pretty stiff so just waiting till that subsides as well. But i know the drill. PATIENCE PATIENCE PATIENCE! But it doesn't matter bc anything is better than the insecurities i had with the old one. So heck, i'm happy than ever! :) i'll keep everyone updated as my progress goes on thanks!

2 weeks and 2 days post op

Hello all! Can't believe how long it's already been since my surgery! Time sure does fly when you're feeling good! ha these are just some random pics of my nose at this point. And i can truly say that i am loving it! With the remaining swelling it has or doesn't i love how it is such an improvement than before. I think the best part of it all is the self concious feeling i would get from my previous nose, GONE! It's like i don't have to find ways to hide my nose anymore and it feels great. Sweet relief lol my stitches from my nostril area are healing well but does anyone else have problems blowing there nose? I feel that i can't fully blow like i used to before ha just wondering but i will be sure to update as i see changes! Thanks!

MORE PICS

Need help determining something!

Okay so i obviously think my new nose is such an improvement from my old one but i may have one problem with it still. I think the biggest thing i hated about my nose was the bump on top and my HUGE nostrils. And how much you can see them from the side. I wanted them very much smaller but i feel as though they still look big. And i think if i would have showed him a different picture or told him i wanted a more smaller nose then he would have been able to make them smaller. I think it's when i smile is when i feel that the nose gets longer and the nostrils grow longer or something. And it's the right side i have the problem with more. Do you think maybe the nose will still shrink and it's just swelling? And do you think the nostrils will get smaller? Just not sure if i truly like the size. Tell me what you think! Thank you!
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Buckspan is the doctor i used. In Austin tx.

Your nose looks great. Big improve ment. People don't notice ur nostrils being uneven.
You look great! With the nostrils maybe wait it out a bit and if it still is bugging you mention it to your doctor. Do you have a follow up appointment? I'm having some issues with my nostrils too but sounds like it will improve over time and as swelling continues to go down. You are still fairly early in recovery so just give it a bit more time.
I feel exaclty like you at this point! I love my nose (I'm 21 days post op) but my nostrils are worrying me a little. They are not identical and not perfectly symetrical. I know they were not perfect before, so I try to convince myself that everything may not be corrected entirely. I'm crossing my fingers though, hoping swelling is what is causing those nostrils to look weird!
you look great :) I think its still the swelling since your so early in recovery. If in 3 months you still think the nostrils are too big, you can always get them reduced at your surgeons office, I hear its a really quick procedure
You look adorable!!! I also had huge nostrils! I am 5 months out and am still dealing with swelling, etc. It's SO hard to wait for everything to calm down. Even up to a month or 2 after I felt my nostrils were uneven and I didn't like them. They evened up and the swelling went down. I don't have pics up now but am determined to post some later as I have taken a zillion! I hope this helps!
Were your nostrils significantly smaller after surgery? Or were they somewhat the same and decreased over time?
I think your nose looks great! However, I don't think it's just the swelling. My nostrils were open and a little big for my face and my doctor lowered the nostrils and made them smaller which is already evident. Your doctor would have had to do nostril work to make them a smaller size.
yeah i can totally see the difference on yours! look amazing btw! :) but is it something i can still get fixed? Or should i wait to see what changes happen as it still heals?
Thank you! Yes of course I think it can be fixed! I'm no expert but I think you should wait until it is healed to have the doctor work on your nose again. I'm not really sure how it's done!
looks great, wow the swelling really decreased
Looks greattt
Your nose already looks amazing! It's going to be so beautiful on your face after its done healing :)
Yes i can't wait thanks! :)))
Beautiful results! I have the same problem with the humb bit in the middle my surgery is in two weeks. Anyway you look lovely :)
Ahh so excited for you! it'll all be worth it good luck :)
Love love love!! So happy for you :)
aw thanks love! :)))
Beautiful results:)
Aww thanks i'm lovin them as well! :)
i feel beautiful, thank you! :)
Yay! It's finally off!! :D You definitely can see a difference on the length. Your new nose is shorten and it looks a lot more elegant. I love the side view. Also, I'm so happy everything went smoothly: no terrible pig nose butchered nose lol.
Yes Gabby! gosh aren't you a little cutie! Your new nose suits you p-e-r-f-e-c-t-l-y and even with the swelling i think it looks totally natural :D!! keep up with the updates. I'm interested to hear how it affects your confidence and whether or not people you haven't told notice
OMG gabby, your so adorable! Your new nose suites you perfectly! Congrats! I'm very happy for you!
Aww thanks i'm lovin' the no bump life! ha