Rhinoplasty – San Antonio, TX

Like others, I have been unhappy with my nose...

Like others, I have been unhappy with my nose since I was a child. My nose was larger than some people's faces or at least it seemed that way. I asked my parents for one but they discouraged me as a teen. I decided to wait until I could afford it and I finally did it!! My issues were with how large, wide, and bulbous the tip was.

Decision made-selecting a MD

In June of this year I decided it was finally time to get the surgery. I had the money, was still unhappy with my nose, and knew this would help boost my confidence in regards to my nose size. I met up with two separate PS, Dr Garza and Dr Berone. I picked Dr Garza because he took his time explaining the procedure and my outcome, listened to my needs, I like the pictures of his work and he had a great office team.

Surgery Time

I decided that wed, Aug 14 would be my surgery date. The day of surgery I was very calm!! I knew this is what I wanted for a long time and just trusted Dr Garza very much. I showered with Dial, didn't wear makeup and left to the surgery center. I got called to the pre-op area around 1030 and they got my ready for surgery. Once they started me on the sedatives, I literally knocked out and woke in the recover room wondering if they had even done the surgery. I felt ok and was not as out of as I thought I would be.

POD 1

I was feeling really good. Not much pain, was taking my narcotic meds every 3-4hrs so I had it under control. I had minimal bruising too!!! Very surprising. I had to visit my DR just to get checked out. It was very difficult to go out even though I appear ok. Going to the dr was very tiring and exhausting but I made it. Everything looked good!

POD 1

POD 5 = reveal day!!

Today I get my cast off!!! Whew!!! I was very nervous, mainly concerned that I may not be happy with the results. I went to see Dr G and he removed my sutures and splint. It was not a difficult process at all. He was very gentle. He taped my nose and discussed that I had a lot of swelling and would slowly see changes but the final result would be visible in a year. I was shocked with my nose, somewhat unsure if I liked it. I did like my profile view.

POD 7

Felling a little sad today. Unsure if like my frontal view. I feel like i dont look like my old self. I'm just not sure. Thankfully my supportive friends knocked some sense into me and told me it looked great an to remember it is still very swollen.

POD 8

So after having a bad day yesterday, I am finally feeling better today. I read multiple reviews of having sadness initially on. So it's normal. Makes sense since the nose and face are still swollen. I felt so good I met up with a very food friend for lunch. I didn't tell her I had surgery so she had no idea. I was very nervous going to meet her. First thing she said was" omg your eyes look so good today, what did you do to them. And them she was like your skin is looking really pretty"!! It was so great to see that she saw me and didn't anything major. Them I pointed out and she realized and was very happy for me. I really wanted it to be a slight change, did not change any other features and balance my face.
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

I choose Dr. Garza because he was kind, thorough and gave me the best options for what I wanted. So far my results are great!! He is absolutely fabulous!!!

You look beautiful. I'm impressed Dr left on the splint a full week and then taped the bridge to be as sure as he could you would heal beautifully.
Thanks for your info. I am also considering Dr. Garza. Ant advice? I just wish I could see virtual images but from what they explained if you book with him he will go over the expectations at the preop visit.

Thanks for sharing on RealSelf! It looks like you got a beautiful, subtle change. I'm happy for you.

Dr. Garza is really a fantastic surgeon! You choose a great doctor! Your nose will be constantly changing everyday, so don't be alarmed; little by little, you'll start to see more and more definition and it should start to shrink. Take it from me, try not to focus on all the little imperfections, because they will drive you insane. I'm wishing you a speedy recovery, and hope you love your final results! Best Wishes! :)
Good for you! you look wondefrul. Thanks