Two Weeks Post Op.... Looking Good and Feeling Good! – San Antonio, TX

Three babies, one c-section, breast feeding and...

Three babies, one c-section, breast feeding and small chested. I was in need of a fresh start! I was happy that I was able to loose most of my baby weight but so unhappy with my now droopy, smaller than ever chest.... Not to mention the flabby belly I couldn't get rid of! Well, I'm two weeks out and can see soo much improvement already. I have a way to go, but it was and still is worth it. I see my waist shrinking everyday and my chest is getting better day by day too. I'm happy, but my husband is crazy happy about the results so far. Now, he's always been loving and treated me like I was pretty, but now he's practically drooling over my new figure and that feels pretty good ;) but.... I did this for me! I wanted to feel good for me! Not ashamed of my muffin top, not searching for the best bra plus bra inserts to make my boobs look passable, not having to seek out "special" pants that fit my smaller butt and big belly and pairing it with a top to conceal my belly bulge! Though, my husband never turned his nose up at my naked body, I felt bad! I didn't like the way I felt, and two weeks out, I am starting to love my results AND it's going to get even better over the next several weeks! :D

The day of surgery I was nervous! I wondered if I was crazy..... But, the anesthesiologist was so calm and reassuring a lot of my general anesthesia concerns left me after I met him. I can't remember his name, I will ask at my next appointment! My PS, Dr. Ortegon marked me up and seemed so cheerful, that made me feel good too. The staff at the surgery center was great as well. I remember hardly anything in the minutes before they wheeled me off, but I woke up feeling pretty good! I think that was from the skill of the anesthesiologist. I had no shakes, nausea or much pain. I was sore, and stiff. Getting on my feet and to the recliner and to the bathroom twice was easier than expected and I was hungry and thirsty. The gave me juice, water, and a leg massaging machine and I was on my way home. I had yucky looking drains and a big compression garment and ugly bra on.... I put on a robe and left like that. I think the robe was a good choice for me. Easy on, easy off and covered up my naughty bits.

The next few days passed uneventfully, I has really hungry and thirsty. I took my pain meds on time. Most of my soreness was in my boobs! My arms were fairly useless for the first two days lol. I was itchy from my garment, bored but I was feeling pretty good. Especially after the first week and my drains came out!

I'm now two weeks out and happy! I'm still swollen but I see the improvements every day.

Yes, I'm a bit impatient to see the final results, going shopping and all that good stuff but I'm getting there! I try to remind myself that it took three babies, breast feeding and thirty years to get to sag and flab, a few months to get to fabulous isn't really that long. It took nine months to get to baby and I did that three times... Worth it and this will be too! If you've had babies or lost a good amount of weight then you know how long that took! You know the fight and determination involved and a few days of pain, and few weeks of stiffness and walking with a hunch and a few month of swelling is certainly worth a lifetime of getting your old figure (or better) back, in my opinion.

What was done in my Mommy Makeover....

I forgot to mention what I had done. Oops! I had a full tummy tuck with muscle repair, lipo of my upper belly and flanks and breast implants with Allergan Naturelle 410 anatomical implants (gummy bear).
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Dr Ortegon is wonderful! His experience, confidence and patience won me over, as well as taking the time to read over his credentials. He is very well qualified! and who I would want in an OR with me! He does beautiful work and I would highly recommend anyone looking to improve their appearance to have a consult with him. He also works with an anesthesiologist that was excellent!

you look amazing! I dont know how tall you are, but we had pretty similar "before" bodies. wow , pregnancy & BFing takes it's toll, doesn't it?! congrats on the new you ! enjoy!!
You look so great!!
Congratulations. You look great.
Will you be looking at two pieces? ;)
No way! Not until my belly button is all better. Lol :)
You look amazing! Thanks for sharing and happy healing!
Thank you! :)
Love love love the boobs! Go you! Your recovery looks great. Happy for you.
Thank you! At first I thought they were tooooo big! Now that the swelling is going down, I love them too :D!
No they're great. What cup size are you?
I'm not sure... Somewhere around a full c, but after the 6-10 weeks of healing they should be whatever size they're going to be :)
You look great! How are you feeling these days? Your swelling looks minimal. Mine is so bad!
Thanks! I'm feeling pretty good. Everyday I'm seeing improvements and that is very reassuring. I do have swelling and it hits it's peak in the evenings. I look a little bit pregnant by bedtime ;). I have seen your pictures and I think you look amazing! You definitely have "wow" curves! On the bright side you look slim before your surgery and according to my surgeon that means most of your swelling will resolve sooner! It does get better everyday!!
you look fabulous! congratulations on your new hot body! I had the same procedures as you and am two weeks out as well. I only have a couple friends that have gone through the ups and downs of major plastic surgery, and it is so fun to find others women on this site who are going through the same thing right now. all the best to you!
Thanks! I hope your recovery is going well too! I'm feeling mostly ups these last few days. Im so excited to go shopping for my first swimsuit in years :D
You look great!!! Congrats!
Mommy of 5, you're post op day four looks so good! I hope your healing and feeling well!
Congratulations!!!! You look awesome.. I'm on my 9 days post op and getting everyday....
Thank you! I'm pretty happy I did this :). I hope you're recovering well too. Judging by your little picture, you look amazing!
Thanks...
Woo-hoo! You're on the other side. Thanks so much for sharing your experience so far on RealSelf. I predict a very fun summer in store for you. :)
Thanks! I'm excited for summer too and for the first time in years, I'm excited to go swim suit shopping :)