Very Depressed with the Way I Look..please Anyone Had This Happen? - San Antonio, TX

I have bumps on both sides of my face and deep...

I have bumps on both sides of my face and deep wrinkles that look worse than before I had the lift. The dr. keeps saying "you are still healing" give it time. He did agree to do Ultra Sound, which I have had 3 treatments so far with not much improvement. Is the dr. just trying to silence me or will this help? I feel like a freak and emotionally having a hard time.

2 1/2 weeks out

Had second Laser

Had second laser last week (April 23rd). The redness seems to be going away a little faster this time. I can see some of the wrinkles are still there but too early to tell if it at least helped "softened" them up as I was told it would. My dr. so far is trying to work with me. Been checking him out and I can not find one bad report on him. He is a board certificated PS and even board certified in ENT. Will post more pictures after I heal. Still coping.
Lifestyle Clinic

Very vague in explaining what is happening.

Your doctor wants you to be happy, and he's going to continue to work with you and help you. Nothing he does to help you get a better result will be more problems than a lawsuit and as long as you never mention the word lawsuit, he will continue to do everything he can. If you DO mention the word, he will stop seeing you and lawyer up and let the insurance company handle it and that doesn't fix your face which I'm sure is more important to you than money. Medical malpractice is a very tough thing to PROVE in court and just because you didn't get the result you expected right away does NOT mean that the doctor did anything wrong--and in order to prevail you will need to prove that he violated standard medical procedures and was negligent in your care which is a very tough burden of proof. Hang in there and keep going back and reassure him that you only want to get a good result from your procedure and look better and he may end up redoing the whole thing for free. Be nice. Doctors will bend over backwards if you're nice and they are also cognizant that a great many lawsuits go away JUST because they are nice and keep trying to help. It's definitely in his best interest to fix the problem and he KNOWS IT and as long as you continue to keep going back, never mention the word lawsuit and are NICE to him, he's going to help you. This is good advice, please take it. My dad is a doctor and I'm retired from the medical profession as well, I KNOW what I'm talking about. Trust me.
LimoBarbie...So far I could not ask for a more concerned PS and staff. I will continue to work with them to keep that trust. I do feel we do have a good relationship and they seem to really care. Thanks!
That's the best thing you could have with them, and if I can be of any help, don't hesitate to email me, I'm on AOL same name as here, LimoBarbie.
Hi Jan, I hope you will have good results this time around . I have one question . How were you numbed for your laser ? Did you have the numbing cream or the numbing cream and shots in your face ? How was the pain ? Thank you! ~ MartuĊ›ka
Martuska..I had numbing cream and shots too. Wasn't too bad but there was some spots that were VERY tender. The tech that did the numbing cream warned me there are certain areas that will be more painful, even with the cream. The redness seems to be going away faster this time. Tomorrow will be 7 days and have a appointment to see dr. Now that the swelling is going down I am seeing some of the problems in my cheeks come back. Very frustrated by that and will address my concerns with the PS. I do have to say the dr. office is trying to work to make it better. The laser does help the texture for sure so what pain I had was worth it.
Scar tissue? Really? How is scar tissue in the middle of your face? That is extra skin folds & tension lines. Nothing is going to address the fact that this was a limited facelift when what you really needed was a more advanced technique. You really need to go see someone else Jan, you were fooled. Tell him you need a refund. If it were me it would be worth a few hundred dollars to see a personal injury attorney to have him/her write a letter requesting every dime back plus legal fees. So sorry this happened to you!!
A great deal of bunching (which is what you have) will smooth out as the swelling resolves. I had pronounced bunching under my chin which flattened out perfectly in 10 weeks and is now gone and my scars are invisible.
Been almost 7 weeks for me, maybe need to be patient. Glad yours turned out good!
I am actually afraid to let my doctor lay a hand on me again. I will see him on Thursday, but only after I meet with a very well known plastic surgeon tommorrow morning. I will get the opinion of my new doctor on how this can be repaired properly, then compare notes with Thursday visit. I am most likely going to pursue this further with legal assistance. I now have to go through life with a huge scar in front of my right ear 1/4" X 2". I have more wrinkles than I did before the surgury and my chin looks horrible!
Sounds like you have the right approach Jan . As for me. ... I'm not even sure I'll go to Europe this summer looking like this . I too would love to have the mistakes on my face and eyes corrected . I'm so depressed I can't even think straight . I wish you luck tomorrow and I hope the best for you .
Jan...please let us know ( if you don't mind ) what this new doctor told you . I want to see a new doctor who can be honest with me and point out what needs to be corrected ? and then I'll have something from a creditable source to address to the LSL center . Thank you !
Frus1g, good for you. I am so glad that you are being proactive and seeing a 2nd doctor. At least this way you will know for sure what the problem is and if what your doctor is doing is going to help solve the problem. I'm sorry about the scarring that you have in front of your ears, a Lifestyle Lift was the worst thing that I ever did. The best thing I did was to find a really good surgeon who was kind enough to listen to me and he understood how vulnerable I felt after the LSL. I just could not get over what they did to me. He fixed 90% of what they did... BUT, I will never get over how I was treated and I just want to scream it from the rooftop for other women NOT to fall for this HYPE and the Infomercials/Commercials they keep running. Let us know how it goes for you. Best, Chrystal.
Martuska, Not seeing a new dr. yet. This dr. wants to manually free the scar tissue. Sounded like worth checking out. They deaden cheeks and make a small pinhole, doesn't seem to invasive. Checking it out. Will let you know.
Chrystal, sorry you have had such a hard time. Your scarring sounds horrible. I have not had any trouble with being treated bad by the dr. or office staff. I do have a problem with the commercials showing how if you do the LSL everything will be wonderful, it is really deceiving. I guess I was to naive. Good luck Chrystal
JanTexas, I'm pretty much over my "Pain" and my scars have been fixed. The ones that do show, I wear as a warning to others and as a lesson well learned for myself. I do worry though about others out there who are being run around and around like I was. Please google Facial Planeing, from what I understand from the information available, it is used to fix a SMAS lift. It addresses the underlying tissue on a deeper plane as a whole. I hope this works for you, Best, Chrystal.
Hi Jan, I know your pain :( I wish I can tell you that you will look better with time but it sounds like doc is trying to cover his a*s . Be persistent and never give up . Tell the doctor that this is your face and you know it better then him or anyone else for that matter . I know that if you complain enough they will try to correct the problem , or so they say ! I too had a horrible and painful experience and I will need to have this corrected . I don't like my results and I know that it my case the doctor was in a big hurry and as a result I'm the one paying the price . Emotionally and the $10,000 they took for services which were not rendered . Please be strong and don't give up . Feel free to write to me anytime ok! Take care ...
Martuska thanks for your support. I never in a million years believed this would effect me the way it has. The dr. has at least responded that he is concerned but it is hard to have faith in him. He has agreed to do another laser which will be the end of this month. I do not even like to go out anymore because I am so self concise of my face. I do have a wonderful support with family so that does help. I know what you mean when you say you are the one paying the price. It has taken what was suppose to be a positve experience into a depressing one. I am so glad I joined this site and could talk to other people who truly understand what we are going through. Thanks!
Your welcome Jan . You mentioned another laser . I'm supposed to have another one too because my skin looks uneven after the first laser I had a week after my LSL. My God!!! What have they put us all through ! I found out just recently that several women have died from the Life style lift . So scarey !
That is horrible that women have died...wow. The dr did laser part of my face but said he could not do the part where the lift was done, basically nose, chin, cheeks and forehead were done . Those spots look great but you can almost see a line where he stopped and did not do. I am hoping the second laser will even the face out. I stayed red for about 4 to 5 weeks so not looking forward to that again but have to try since part of my face looks good. He will do the whole face including the part he already had done and is not charging me anything which I think he should. That will be the last week of April since we always go to the beach at Easter, didn't want to have to stay covered up like a mummy so decided to wait.
Plastic surgery is real surgery with real risks. People die from it every day all over the world. Local anesthetic is safer but just like over the counter medicine is real medicine, plastic surgery is real surgery. Statistically speaking, you can't do 2 million procedures with 100% survival rate. It's impossible--and not necessarily the fault of LSL.
Shouldn't charge I meant
I'm an RN working for a plastic surgeon. The ultrasound treatments are offered 3 weeks post - 1 tx a week for an additional 3 weeks. One thing I notice is the girls I work with who have had tummy tuck, arm lifts, etc., give themselves ultrasound treatments every day! What does that say for the paying customer who only gets 3 or 4? I agree, a second opinion is warranted. The only problem is finding a doctor to state, unequivocally, your doctor committed malpractice. At the very least, your surgeon should offer to correct the problem.
Trying to hang in there Marganina. I can understand why more is better in the ultrasound treatments. My PS staff is great and seem to give me the most hope he will correct the problem. I can not imagine any PS wanting a patient not looking good after surgery, we are walking billboards for them. Time will tell, not giving up yet.
Perhaps 2 US treatments a week? Be insistent! Don't settle for 'things will eventually smooth out'. I'm always an advocate for my patients and work for a doctor who is involved throughout the course of recovery. I asked him if I wanted to continue giving US treatments beyond 3 weeks or wanted to give them twice a week would he be alright with it. He told me to do whatever the patient needs to have the best results. What a great guy to work for!!!
Had 6 ultrasound treatments total which did not do the trick. The dr. wants to help it along by "freeing the cheeks" also called it planeing ( not sure of spelling). Said you make a very small hole and break it up manually. Have you heard of that?