Hopefully...- San Antonio, TX

2 weeks ago I had a treatment with the large hand...

2 weeks ago I had a treatment with the large hand piece on my lower abdomen. The suction was quite shocking. I guess my skin is loose from having a baby because my fat stretched all the way to the back of the hand piece. Stabbing pains were the worst between days 5-10 but has turned into itching sensation. I have purchased 2 more large treatments, and 4 smalls. SO much more info to come!

10 min after

3 weeks

I am currently 3 weeks post procedure. Not sure if I see any results yet. I also had my love handles done a few days ago hence the bruising.

Upper abdomen

I just had 2 small treatments on my upper abdomen. Lots of bruising. I feel like I am already seeing results from my lower ab treatment!

August 12 photo

I am feeling a bit thinner. I wanted to post a photo for now, but I'll update more soon

Not sure.

So after spending a total of $4100 on cosculpting. I can't really say my results are worth the money... At all

What am I missing? On Nov 4th, Sharon writes that it wasn't worth it, but 4 months ago she wrote that she was seeing huge results. Did the fat come back? The doctor in St Pete I'm thinking of going to only charges $600 per treatment. I'm 5'2" and weigh 111-113, but my little bulge bothers me--after reading about all the pain don't know if it's worth it!
Just read your update. I'm really bummed that you didn't feel like having the treatment was worth it but I totally understand where you are coming from... It ends up being a lot of money for little improvement if you do multiple areas .
I'm just curious about the way your upper abdomen was treated. It looks like they did the smaller applicator horizontally? Do you feel like you had your entire abdomens treated, or are there areas that should have been overlapped?
Hello just like to say congraz on ur result. Just wondering if anyone can help me. I plan to do my hip area but been told to do one side at a time like 10 days gap otherwise result won't be good. Is that true has anyone done two areas at the same time. Thanks in advance
I would do both at the same time. That way they can make sure they are done evenly ( same place on each side )
Sharon, I had my procedure done 5 days ago and I am in pain! The prescription I was given does absolutely nothing for me. What did you take for the sharp stabbing pains?
You about to tge point when it really hurts. My lower abs hurt from day 5-9. Ibuprofen didn't seem to help too much some of the ladies here are saying to use arnica gel for the pain.
Thank you, I went out last night about 11 pm to purchase the gel. It did help with the pain. I was able to sleep a good 6 hours with no pain. BUT this morning again, I called my doctor and all they would do is refill my current prescription. Thanks again. By the way, how much exercise are you doing a day?
You shouldn't take ibuprofen for the pain with this procedure. I was told that if you take it, you defeat the purpose of the procedure. The inflammation is how your body eliminates the fat that was just frozen. I've been taking prescription strength tylenol and also using the arnica gel.
I did not take ibuprofen and I never wrote that I did
That comment was probably directed at my comment above, lol. There is no clinical evidence that the use of anti-inflammatory medication affects the results of cool sculpting. Fat cells die as a direct result of cells freezing not the inflammatory response you get after the procedure .
Sharon you look great! I'm considering having it done myself after seeing your results. Hope I have the same results...
So far I've had 1 large on my lower abdomen, 2 smaller on the love handles and 2 smalls on the upper abdomen. I plan on doing at least one more large on the lower abdomen, 2 more smalls on the love handles, and possibly the inner thighs. I currently have crazy bruising from the upper abdomen. I'll post a pic.
Just saw the bruise pic. How was the treatment on the upper abs? Was the technician able to grab that area well enough for it to be effective? I might try other areas but I started with my flanks and will probably do two treatments in that area.
Yeah the tech turned the suction up to 80. That's why I have the bruising. She got a ton of fat in there tho....all the way to the back of the device. It was more difficult to do my flanks because the fat is harder and not as easily sucked in the vacuum. I go back on Thursday for another lower abdomen treatment. I'm not looking forward to the nerve pain after :(
I just had my first lower ab treatment today. The technician was able to get really good suction in this area and during the treatment I felt more pressure than I had with my hip area. It also felt like it froze more on my abs than it did on my hips. I think I may end up with a bruise in this area. Why are you having a second treatment now, rather than waiting the three months? Is there a benefit to overlapping treatments sooner?
I've been hearing the recent news from Zeltic saying that you should get your second treatment at the 30 day mark because your body is already having an inflammatory response from the 1st treatment which could help your results. If you wait 4 months your body will have to start the inflammatory response all over again. I'm already noticing huge results!!!
Just curious where you are going to have the additional treatments on your body? Do you plan to overlap areas that you have already had treated?

Hi Sharon, welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us!

How has your recovery been? Did you have much pain or downtime?

Hopefully your resuts will start coming through more in the next few weeks. Please do keep us updated with your progress!

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-