Clear Choice Implants. Diagnosed With Periodontal Disease 20 Years Ago - San Antonio, TX

I went to consultation yesterday in san antonio...

I went to consultation yesterday in san antonio and talked to suzie. she was very helpful and not pushy at all. i toured the facility, met the lab technicians, but I passed on meeting the prosthodontist yet. My work up appt is july 27th at 7:30 a.m. I will meet him then. I had been diagnosed with periodontal disease 20 years ago, and have battled it ever since. Root planing and scaling 3 times, flap surgery...now I have loose teeth. I havent lost any, but I am not waiting til I do! I am always told I have a nice smile, which makes this surgery really hard to do. My teeth are good; the disease process is eating the bone away and making them loose. The periodontist I went to was going to do a sinus lift, multiple bone grafts, 6 implants on my upper arch...to the tune of $30,000.00 plus! He couldnt give me an exact quote. I am spending exactly $40,000.00 for upper and lower at clear choice!! I will get back to post more info after my next appt.

monarres

Internet

GL, how are you doing, did you ever get these fixed prostheses?
went for 3 mo follow up today. implants look great...I havent been flossing enough, so plaque had built up on my bridges. I know how to use the floss...just being lazy! we tried on new bridges with teeth in wax to replicate the changes they have made. They looked wonderful!! the team met to discuss changes regarding my bite. my next appt is in january...hope they are perfect next time so they can go ahead and get my permanent bridges done! Also, they recommend cleaning once a year. They charge 150.00. the first year cleaning is complimentary.

Oh yay! Glad to hear all is going well! Yeah, flossing is one of those funny things that is easy, but for some reason we all just tend to neglect doing it as often as we know we should - at least you aren't alone in that.

I'll be looking forward to hearing what they say at your Jan. appt. :)

Hi! I also live in San Antonio & have had dental issues ever since my oldest son was born (he's 27), but have had HORRIBLE HORRIBLE issues for the last 5-6 years. Nearly all of my teeth broke off due to periodontal disease - which I never knew I had until 6 years ago - but, due to my husband's health issues & my job laying me off, I had zero dollars to deal with. I went to both dental colleges in Texas, every low-income in San Antonio, Austin, San Angelo, Midland, & Odessa & no one would help me, saying that my issues were too extensive & none of them do oral surgery (the dental colleges do, but they told me that my issues were above the students abilities at the student clinic & the faculty clinic charges only about ten percent less than a private practice dentist does) so I was screwed to say the least. My mom finally scraped enough money together by asking all of her brothers & sisters & her friends to pitch in (she scraped up $1500) & we found a dentist that was kind enough to remove all of my top teeth for that amount (the dentist charges $3400 for that normally. but I explained my story & my situation & they areed to do it for the 1500) thank goodness because I was in head popping, excruciating pain 24/7/365 literally. I was SO thankful to have the top teeth out, but the dentist said my pain wasn't going to stop & that if I don't get my bottom teeth cut out, my health is going to suffer. He says I'm sitting on a powder keg (that's really comforting to know), but I have no money to get them done. I have a quote from one dentist for $2820....that's for 9 teeth! I mean, I know that dentists take the same oath that doctors take, yet here they are telling me that if I don't get these teeth out, I could die or minimum, my health can suffer greatly, but no one will help me. I mean, I can't work because of the way I look & I can't afford to pay a dentist because I can't work. It's a catch 22! (also, I can't wear dentures because the roof of my mouth is REALLY REALLY DEEP & NARROW---the professor at the dental college in San Antonio told me- & I quote "You will never be able to wear dentures. They will never fit properly." , so that leaves me high & dry. I've been a professional singer for over 18 years & now I can't even do that! I certainly can't do it with ill fitting dentures. Anyway , sorry to dump my whole sob story on you, I truly didn't intend to, it just sort of spilled out. I really just wanted to know a couple of things: (A) How much did it all cost? Of course I won't have to have to have any teeth removed so that will save some money, but how much did the implants themselves cost? Also, could you post some pics or email me some pics to show what the finished product looks like? The reason I ask is because, if I figure out a way to get it done, I'd be going to the exact place you went to so I'm interested in how their finished product looks like on a real person instead of on a plastic model of a mouth, you know? Any help would be greatly appreciated.....you have no idea. Thanks so much in advance for taking the time to read & respond to this message. Have a blessed day! Respectfully, Danielle Hogan K***********@gmail.com

sure thing. Motrin 800 and hydrocodone. It is now day 7 and I am having way less pain today. It has been rough the last few days, however I knew it would get better, and voila! It did. Very pleased at this point. Teeth look great.

That is great the pain is decreasing, even better that you are liking the look of your teeth. :) Looking forward to seeing some pictures of them when you feel comfortable sharing them.

My surgery was on the 6th, and so far so good. I have lots of swelling and quite a bit of pain, but meds are helping tremendously. Since I had a full mouth of teeth that were extracted, this was expected.

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well! Do you mind sharing with us what you are taking for pain, just so we have an idea of what is needed to curb the discomfort?

Randall651, it depends on what all you need to have done. I am having all my teeth extracted, upper and lower, four implants on each arch, and two fixed bridges placed. Once the implants are integrated w/the bone, I will receive new, titanium fixed bridges that will be my permanent bridges.
Thanks

You might find this Q&A helpful Randall651:

Clear Choice Dental Implants, Marketing Hype or Quality Care?

How much should a complete mouth restoration cost? My teeth are ruined and I would prefer full implants that cannot be removed. I got quotes from two dentists and two periodontists, both locally and in New York. I did not tell one what the other said but the prices were identical. $125,000. Is this what permament implants of a whole mouth cost?
Absolutely ridiculous amount to quote. Go and Google for dentists in Hungary and Turkey. I had friends with similar problems, and they had a complete reconstruction in Turkey for under 6000 $. They have excellent clinics, and because of the labour costs, and the often in-house technicians, prices are just a fraction of what you would pay for ANY dentist in the US. Like plastic surgery, Turkey has some of the very best specialists in the world! Good luck!
went for consultation/prep/molds today. Veronica was great; she is oral surgeon's assistant. Met Dr Monarres and the lab techs. Feeling really good about this! Surgery day is Sept 6th, so back with more details then...
Dr Monarres was there that day, and he did look at the scan. She offered for me to meet him, however I declined. I have checked up on the oral surgeons they use ( dr edgin and dr rominger) and they are top notch. with those scans, they can see everything. they have 5 different views of my mouth, so I am confident that they will do a good job.

I'm glad you are feeling good about the hands you are in. That is so important. Looking forward to hearing more about your experience! :)

7:30am?! Wow, you are an early riser! ;)

Since you mentioned you didn't meet with the Clear Choice prosthodontist I'm assuming you met with another dentist there, is that right? I'm guessing they wouldn't have been able to quote you a price if a dentist hadn't seen you to diagnose you.