Starting to Get Excited - San Antonio, TX

I have had large breast since I was in 5th grade...

I have had large breast since I was in 5th grade (32d). Most kids were not nice to me as they thought I was stuffing my bra. They only seemed to get larger as I grew up by the time I was graduating from high school I was a 36dd.
I tried dieting and exercising but the more they grew (42ddd) the more depressed I became.
I was 46 last year and asked my primary doctor who she would go to: Dr Peter Fisher. A very nice man who said I would benefit from a reduction and sent in the paperwork to try qualifying with the insurance company to get it done. The dreaded: we need more information and what things have I tried to do to get healthier. I again put it on the back burner as life got in the way.
I turned 47 in March 2013 and decided enough is enough. The girls (as I call them) and I are not happy together anymore and we need to be separated. I went back to my chosen ps and said lets try this again. He was surprised it didn't go through the first time. So we did the paperwork and took more pictures-I added a very detailed list of things I had done since 1993 to the present to lose weight. I also added a letter pleading my case. Fast forward to September 2013 I called to find out my status and the said it wasn't in yet... then they looked again to say it was approved.

follow up call with the doctors office.

I finally put on my big girl Panties and asked the doctors office things I need to know.
1. How much will my portion be? Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance
a. Insurance will pay 85% of $7200.00
i. $6120 Insurance (Ball park amount)
ii. $1080 for me but I already paid $350. (Ball park amount.) the person I talked to said most people get a refund on their deposit.
b. Are payments available? Statement sent after insurance is charged.
2. Pre-op appt. 12-16-13 at 10 AM
a. What happens then? markings and prescriptions.
b. Do we decide on the size at that time? yes
i. How much is he planning on taking out?
Lt 1000 gr (2.2 LBS) rt 800 gr (1.7 lbs.)
3. When time do I have to be at the Methodist day surgery? 5:30am
a. How long does surgery last? About 3 hrs in holding for 1 ½ to 2
4. How long will I be out of work? about a week
5. When is the surgical follow up? From 3 to 5 days depending if there are drains put in.

Can YOU imagine they are taking 4 lbs off my chest in 62 days? I am counting down the minutes!!!

a bit down today

The girls (as I call them) are very tender and swollen. We are definitely not speaking at this point. I'm cranky and feel bitchy. Sounds like PMS to me...will they be as sensitive after the surgery? still excited but can't even think about taking off the bra right now. they are corralled and I plan to keep em right where they are.
will post some before pictures soon.

well a picture is worth a 1000 words

It took a great deal of courage to actually take pictures of my girls. I have 38 more days to co-exist with them. I guess you never really see how HUGE things are when you only see the top 1/2.
I do wonder how I will identify with my loss of the girls-but then I think of the painful back, the inch deep shoulder strap area and the fact that my breasts can almost touch my belly button.

Wonder what I will look like

I'm not a vain person but I think about what life after surgery will be like. At this point, I can't put my arms down by my side. They sort of bow out and I never know whether to cross my arms under or over the girls.
Please tell me that it will be worth the wait and pain.

19 days and counting

My surgery is 19 days away. It's strange to think I will be a B (hopefully ) or a C. I have never known life with anything less than a D. I was the stacked 10 year old. I hope to be the small 47 year old. No tears of sadness on this decision. Don't get me wrong I'm still a bit freaked out that it's right around the corner.

what was I thinking

I have been obsessing over this so much and finally realized that I never asked my Wife what size she thinks I should go to... this wonderful supportive woman that shares my life said "I don't care what size you choose... as long as your happier-you could have nothing at all and I would be okay with that". HOW WONDERFUL IS THAT? To have the support of the person who means the most to me and all she cares about is me being happy and healthy. What more can I ask for-it's now 16 days till I have the life changing surgery that I have been waiting for since about the age of 10! I am the luckiest woman in the world right now! A good support system in place and down to the Teen days before my choice of what I want begins. THANKS BEAR!

telling people

You know this is a really personal thing to have done... I wasn't sure I wanted to tell anyone but the closer it gets the happier I feel. There are still some things to take care of but it seems like the time is right for me. I'm in a stable relationship for the first time in my life. She doesn't judge me by the outward appearance. We have a balanced relationship and it's the right time.

12 days and counting

Decided to schedule my squishy (mammogram) today and they came back with 28th of December. I thanked them for that but declined the day as it's 10 days AFTER my surgery. New day from them is Monday 9th. Not sure if the PS will need a copy but I'll have it if so.
I asked for info about what I'll need after the surgery and they faxed a blurry picture of a bra box with nothing legible. Thank goodness the bar code was there so I could scan it with my iPhone and I have a good idea what to look for. Another week down. 1 week and 5 days... Amazing that the time has flown by.

Any other tips for me that people found useful to know? Anything is appreciated.

11 days

I had a great day today... had friends and family over. Baked cookies for Christmas and sat around talking about all sorts of things.
Now everyone has either gone home or is in bed and I'm here with my thoughts. Heifer the cat (he's old) just turned off the computer and I had to restart on this post.
I'm really excited about the transitional path I'm on and a bit freaked as well. What happens if they don't take enough off? will i be disappointed? probably but if it takes about 3 lbs off my chest I'll be very happy. this will be a case of MORE IS BETTER!!!! Take it all off DOC! I will donate it to any one who feels cheated by the boob fairy. time for sleep. good night sisters of the boob job.

Wow

Down to 10 days. My wishes are coming true just in time for Christmas. I think I am starting to obsess about this. I wake up every morning and say a little prayer theatre things go as easy as possible for me. This is the thing I've wanted most of all. Write more tomorrow.

Well it's now 9 days

We are officially down to 9 (count them) 9 days.
While I'm totally committed to this-I wonder what they will look like post. Of course I wonder what the bottom of my present set looks like as well.
I had my final big boob squishy today... The lady said she'll take a couple of pictures. I said so 4 billion pictures it is.
You all should be proud of me... I didn't ask for the wallet size prints.

7 days

1 week to go. I can hardly believe it. My journey end is getting closer. Very excited but also a bit scared. The what if's are coming up... What if they are still too big? Followed by what if they are too small (not hardly likely) any way the count down continues. More before pictures to come.
Good night ladies.

Was very tired last night

Yesterday was a long day. Friend put in hospital for hole in colon. Worked extra so my honey will have compt time to take the 3 days off before our winter break.
I have a question for those on the other side: what kind of bra did you use after? I got a fuzzy fax from my doc's office w no info on the page. How do you decide what size to get? I'm confused... in Texas.

4 days to go

We went to a great christmas party last night and I had a great time. contemplating the need for some button down shirts for the next few weeks and the need to buy a couple of things. Especially a comfy after surgery compression bra-how does one decide what size they need? I know the girls will be swollen so do I get something like what I wear now-which should have enough room after they take the mass out? still very excited but a bit crazed by the lack of info on the after wear... help me! I'm freaking out only 4 days till the smaller side is here!!! can't imagine not being weighed down by THEM!!
: )

Tomorrow's the pre-op

So tomorrow @ 8am I have the meeting. I got some button up shirts to wear after as I am a polo tshirt kind of kid. Kind of nervous about the meeting tomorrow- full of what ifs.
What if he doesn't take enough off? What if they are not pointing in the same direction? What is they are not the same size?
What if something happens? Some things not going to happen but I have the thoughts...
Good night peeps 2 days to go!

Had the marking meeting

My ps says I'll be either a c or d. Any guesses which one I want?
Yep a C it is. This meeting was very satisfying. I can't make heads or tails of the marks but he says I'll be very happy. This is one of those in for a penny in for a pound things.
We bought 2 different size bras..... 46 c & 46 d....hope I get to return the D!
And a bunch of pillows, stocked up on jello and broths. Ready for the final days to be done. Will add pictures of the marks tomorrow as my camera woman is asleep-right where I'm going now. Good night ladies and 1 day to go!!!

tomorrow is the big day!

well tomorrow is the big day... I go to the hospital at 5:30am. in surgery at 7am and hope to be home again by 3pm. so excited. I have some before marked up picture... sorry they are sideways.
I'm going to bed now. Good night all... We'll talk tomorrow.

8 hours post.

Wow-what a day this has been. Got to hospital around 5:30am???? blood work done. BP 120/50. Had to pee only to be told 10 minutes later we have to do a pregnancy test...really my wife would have divorced me if it came up positive.
7am time to get the show on the road. Woke up to some heavy pain-morphine is my new best friend. No drains-awesome. And the doc took 5 1/2 lbs. off my chest, ???? seriously from a DDD to a simple D. Who knew a D would be small? I drank 9 bottles of water and ate a couple of graham crackers. Peed and we were on our way HOME!!!
I've napped on and off today. Had a McDonald's mighty kid meal. Taken the meds and more water. Pictures to follow soon.
Thanks for all the info you shared! Especially the pillow for the ride home-that was the BEST! Counting down to the shower in 2 days and the fitting of the bra!

We'll have pictures soon

Today is the changing of the bandages... We'll see the mini version of the girls. Very excited to see them. Pain is okay. Very manageable at this point.

Hello from the small side.

Day 2 post op. Today we have some movement in the poo area. Haven't gone yet but feeling the urge. Also looking forward to showering and checking the girls out! Will post pictures some time today????

Today is good.

I got to shower and change my bandages and put on my new D cup bra. It's still a bit loose but i can live with that. see the pictures below. I ALSO poo-ed today! Very satisfying. Have not had a lot of pain but some interesting sensations going on with the girls.
let me know what you ladies think!!

Sunday

Well today we went to a church for a Christmas Contada for some great music. I was so TIRED afterwards I have to lay down.
Out for about 2 hours now I'm down watching football and resting. Still no Vicodin and I feel Really GREAT: size, physically and mentally. Not much drainage to speak of. No doubt I would do it again, ????????????

Happy Christmas Eve to Me

Took another shower today! so we had to remove the fab wrap job of my baby. Spent a little while out of the bondage wraps and took some pictures 6 days post op.
Well, we did brave WalMart to return the C cup bra today and a couple of other things we got that we didn't need. Took a nap due to exhaustion and fatigue.
Then went to Christmas Eve Candlelight Services at my brothers church. Beautiful service with people I grew up with. They were surprised by the change as I hadn't told them. Very satisfying.

Pictures

don't know why the pictures didn't come through on last post so... Let's try one more time.

Tomorrow

I go for my post op tomorrow. Feeling very good and have fingers crossed for good news from the dr. Have a few questions about size so far and how much it may vary. Also about the kind of stitches. Length of time to be off and when it can drive and start lifting things.

Today was good. Had family over. We watched STUPID movies and ate good food. Good times.

Primary Doctor reaction

Took my honey to see our primary as she's not feeling well. Turns out she has bronchitis and needs antibiotics????.
She said "nice boobs!" Made me smile as she's a proper British lady. ????

got eyes checked today

Eye doctor said the weight loss looks good. Only went there and came home-to pass out on the couch! Guess I'm not as far along in the healing process. ???? will be taking it easy tomorrow. Going to check on my ps buddy onedim at SATX hospital. Looking forward to meeting her. ????????

We are very pleased

I have been enjoying my new boobs. Took them out into the world. Spent quality time w my mom-in the ER for 14 hours (high sugars) She finally said she was glad I could get this done.
I look at myself and smile at the new me. I'm happy with the size and shape. ???? my ps rocked it on this one!

14 days out from surgery

Surgery was a long time coming and I know my results of it is good but the ease of this has sort of surprised me. I peed pretty quick at the hospital. Ate real food on the way home.
I only took the pain meds for 2 days (1 1/2 of which I slept through) and felt immediate relief from the lighter weight on my lower back and shoulders.
My shoulder grooves are gone and my fingers and arms have not started tingling since the surgery was completed. There is the occasional electric Zap that runs through the breast but all in all-IT'S BEEN A GREAT JOURNEY so far. Happy New You Year to all my PS sisters. Next appt with Dr Fisher is in February. Will post more soon. Good night and Happy Healing to one and all.

Still

Well work was hard yesterday. I didn't realize how hard just sitting at my desk. By the time, I got home I was wiped out. Amazing results but I'm still weaker than I think.

Day 2 at work.

I think today was a good day at work. I didn't have as much trouble staying awake and out of pain today. I didn't want to lay down and die or sleep for many hours ????! It's a great day.

Weekend

We had a busy hectic week at work. Plus my co-workers birthday. I'm glad the week is over and I can rest a bit more. I feel asleep just sitting here and the healing process is in full swing. More pictures soon.

almost one month out

We are almost one month post op. This has been a totally great experience for me. I have some spots that are still scabs-but to be totally honest they look really even and correctly proportioned to my frame. I would whole heartedly recommend this for anyone on the fence about this surgery.

I am able to stand longer and will work up to walking at least a mile a day. Once that's back up to being par for the course we'll be working on adding further miles. Good Night Ladies blessings on all for healing and taking the steps to improve lives.

This is 1 month and a day out

Yesterday was a sad day in our family... My maternal gramps passed away yesterday and I was not feeling the posting.
So 1 day later: new pictures and a new attitude.

Really?

Fastest poster in the west... More pictures.
Most people don't really notice as mine were already rolling up into my ab area. ????

Feeling okay

Had a small issue with liquid build up and the stitches still healing. Woke up the other morning (MLK) with a very wet bed and chest. Thought something had spilled on me... Then looked under the left breast has an ulcerated looking 2 inch spot. Ignored the issue for a day and called Dr. F on Wednesday for antibiotics to be called in (which the office did very quickly) and he said be in his office at 10am on Thursday so he can check it out.
I tell you I was very happy after I was done with that appointment. I don't want anything to mess up the healing I've done and still have to do.????

Today

Taking it easy at home. Small case of vertigo. I continue to heal and get more strength back into my body. No one tells you how long it takes to recover. I'm sure I rushed going back to work but you do what you have to.

Really oozing?

Well when was any one going to mention the SPONTANEOUS OOZING??? I mean get up go to work and there is the tale tell evidence of my leftie oozing again. Thank God I wore a t-shirt under my shirt today... All I can say is REALLY!!!! Scab over again at least that wasn't wet all the time. Almost as annoying as when I would get yeastie under them. That was always fun.

Seriously... I still love the outcome but I'm ready for the ooze to be done.

Feeling great!

I'm getting stronger each day. If the weather warms soon I can get back to walking and build up some stamina. I've lost about 10 more pounds since surgery. Feeling great and love the girlies again.

2 months out

Well actually 2months and a day later. I know this is one of the best decisions I have made in a while. I'm very happy with the results and am VERY pleased...my back isn't hurting anymore and my body image has never been higher? Will post more pics soon. My spots that were weeping have closed and I can't wait till I can sleep without my bra. Its a nice enough bra but I'm ready to see other cuter and flirty bras!

Time to update.

I am post surgery 4 months now... And still very pleased. I finally can sleep on my stomach and didn't hyper-extend my spine. Awesome AND slept without a bra one night... Heavenly sleeping time. Will post pics soon.
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

I find his bedside manner very comforting and reassuring. He has some very good reviews and patient comments. He was very patient in explaining what he was doing during the mark up day. Taking the time to tell both Annie and I what to expect and when to get things changed and what's happening next. Very pleased so far at the outcome. 1-1-14: My girls are SO much smaller and look great! I smile every time I see myself in the mirror. THANKS DOC!!!

You look great, and so happy
Congratulations! What a result!! Has it take some adjusting? That is the only part of the process im anxious about, the change (positive ob) of image
When does the burning sensation stop? I'm only four days post op down from a g to a c.
What kind of burning? At the stitches area or just in general?
P.S. if you are looking for good sports bras for high impact exercise, all my running/exercise bras are Moving Comfort Jubralee and/or Fiona - girls don't move an inch - i have been using these for many years...they last for a very long time as well.
I got two at WalMart with a zipper on the front. I love them.
Hiya Tigger! So happy to see your update (you so need to change your "handle" now to TiggerGotPerfectBoobies). Glad everything is closed...i know they are not serous, but the openings just freak me out. Bra shopping sounds so very alluringly fun....so cannot wait to get there myself. The bra-world is so your oyster now! Congrats!
Yall I'm so sad!!!! I got a letter from my insurance company saying i was denied. They said they don't cover cosmetic surgeries I told them it wasn't cosmetic so I called plastic surgeon asking what he can do more and he is going to file an appeal anybody have any advice.
Thanks my plastic sisters! Now its time to go sleepy time? :)
That is awesome! Congrats on the weight loss!
great news on the weight loss, i am trying and would be happy with 5lbs at 2 months.
Glad you are feeling so well. Many congrats on the weight loss - so difficult - good for you!
I've got a bit of that happening too. It is horrible, but still reducing the huge boobs is totallyvworth it.
I finally started using my Kotex pads to keep the drainage from running down my front of leftie. I think it's finally stopped draining and will check tonight.
That will be fat necrosis I think, dead fat cells melting, you would not want that to stay inside your body.
Glad to see you healing well. You never realize how much energy you wont have until after surgery.
I can relate to your comment about healing! Geez Louise, i had no idea what i was in for here...still fighting to have energy after surgery.
so do you have a seroma or just ....? small infection? what was the "official" diagnosis? and you are fooling yourself if you think those are .5 girls....try more like .33 girls! see ya'll are having a lovely day there in San Antonio....FINE....wait until i leave to have a 75 degree sunny winter day....overcast here, but 53 degrees...much better than we have been suffering with!
It's just A small infection. We've had a roller coaster weather swing from 78 to 28. The phrase here is "if you don't like the weather in Texas wait 5 minutes."
lol ! That's funny :D Everything developed great since your surgery! Try to relax
Ha from ft worth. Living in lubbock ill have my consultation on friday so excited. So it seems that people feel great then get bad. As far as the healing. Was your healing process pain ful.
hope everything gets sorted soon
So sorry for your loss. You look great!
So sorry for your loss - you are looking great :-)