Holy Moly! It's been three months! - San Antonio, TX

I have only completed step 1 - scheduling a...

I have only completed step 1 - scheduling a consultation! I received several referrals for doctors in San Antonio, TX. I had a friend look into the medical backgrounds of each one...of the four names I sent, which were all referrals, I was left with one name, and I feel very good with that.

I, like many women here, just want volume back in my breasts. The added size is a major bonus :) I will have my surgery in June as my PS requires that the patient be post-breastfeeding by 6 months prior to surgery. I will be within a couple of weeks on June 13. I have the same questions and fears as most of you, and I am looking for some burning bush as a sign that I should go through with this! My husband has finally agreed to it, but he does not want the size to be too big. I want "half fake-half natural" outcome and I want to be a full C. I am still losing weight after having a baby in November, but my normal size is 5'6" and 130lbs, but ideally I like to be 128. Yes, it's all mental :)

At this point, I have two questions:
1. How did you ultimately decide on your cc's?
2. My potential surgery date is 3 days before we leave for our annual summer trip to the river. We have furnished cabins (all the conveniences of a house). We sit around and BS for four days. No activity. My concern is sweating. Would I be crazy to do surgery before this trip? The reason I want to is that four weeks later I have another trip and I'd like to have decent boobs before the second trip!

Thanks for joining me!

I understand your concern about a trip 3 days post op. I am flying to another city for my surgery and then flying back home on PO day 4. What did your doctor day about sweating all over your bandages?

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf. Three days is really pushing it, but everyone is different. A lot depends on how far you have to travel and how bumpy the road to the river is! Any chance you can get the surgery a couple weeks sooner?

You might want to check out this post about Scrappy's first three days post op.

When I first posted, I had 4 1/2 months to surgery...

When I first posted, I had 4 1/2 months to surgery date. I can't believe I am already down to three months. I am preparing for my consultation and I would like to know if there are any questions you regret not asking?? I know the basic questions to ask, but what is beyond the basics?

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Hello, everyone! I am not one week away from...

Hello, everyone! I am not one week away from consultation. I can not believe how fast the time has gone. I think my daughter was about 2 months when I first posted, and now she is close to five months!

I have two main questions I would like responses to:
1. Did anyone else have in their head "what if I die?" I am so afraid of leaving my kids behind for something cosmetic! I can't get it out of my head!
I have this crazy tryst in my head that what I am doing is vein and I could be punished for it. I also get freaked out by talking about life insurance and living wills, and we just updated ours so I'm like, what if...
I hate that I think like this!!
2. When could you actually pick-up your kids and do light housework? I know I can get my husband's help for a week, but I don't want him to be put out for much longer.

Maybe getting implants isn't as huge an ordeal as I have built up in my head. I guess it's one of those things you have heard about your whole life so when it becomes a reality in your life then it's surreal. My cousin had hers done in November, and she's like psh, whatev, piece of cake.

I will post pics soon! I have been trying to lose my baby weight and I have 7lbs to go!

*now one week away

*now one week away

I will ask her next week. I am praying she will move surgery day up two weeks, which would be plenty of time before the trip. She MIGHT be super strict about the 6-month breastfeeding rule, and if she is then she probably won't move it. I think you will be fine at PO day 4. How long is your flight?

So, I had my first consultation today. It wasn't...

So, I had my first consultation today. It wasn't what I was expecting. In my head I've built this up to be a huge, life changing event, and I'm starting to realize maybe its not quite as big a deal as I thought. The office was very relaxed. The staff was very sweet. Actually made me kind of want to work for a plastic surgeon! I went into the room, where the staff member asked me a few questions about my medical history. The doctor came in and asked what my goals were, what size I wanted, medical history, etc. I told her full C, saline. She then had me undress and put on a thin bra. She only offered me 375 and 400, which was fine since I was thinking 375. Both sizes were moderate profile. She also said that moderate profile in saline is similar to moderate plus in silicone. She said those would look natural since I apparently have a small rib cage. I have NO CLUE how to pick a size. I can't tell much from the sizers, other than it seemed to be a bigger difference between the two sizes than I expected. My mom would freak if they turned out too big!

The cost is only $5,200 (give or take), which pleasantly surprised me. I was expecting $6,000+. She said she asks that patients start massaging at two weeks, and wear a sports bra for one month. The only negative is she said I can't lift anything over 10 pounds for a month, and I currently have a 15lb 5 month old baby! She also said I don't have to get a mammogram, but I'm going to anyways. I got frazzled and didn't really get to think through my questions! There is one pre-op, two days before surgery. Then there is a follow-up the next day and then 10 days later. I'm finally posting my pics! I have about 5lbs to goal weight!

Hi! I'm also from SA and heard great things about Dr Schaffer he's off McCullough and I loved his before and after pics. My consult with him is not til may 9 though. I met with Dr Decherd who I think is awesome too ;) and I had a consult with Dr young but I felt like my questions were not really fully addressed and felt a lil nervous. I def had some of the same worries in my head but I think I'm getting more comfortable with the idea. I'm just ready to get it done so I'm not obsessing so much..have you heard anything positive or negative about the docs I mentioned? I'm also starting off a small b and thinking 400-425hp. Thanks for your feedback ;)
I had the "what if I die?" Thoughts, still kind of do. But have realized that more than likely I will be fine and not die. My heart is healthy as far as I know and my lungs too, I also don't have serious bleeding problems (**knock three times for all three) so I am confident I will wake up fine and not have complications that would result in the unthinkable. I think positively which puts that thought further and further out. I don't believe it would be a punishment for vanity. Everyone is entitled to change something they are not happy with. It's nice that we have the option. Now that I have ranted...lol.... Good luck. And we are 6 days apart (June 12)....so we will basically be recovering at the same time.
I am getting more comfortable with it, too. If it weren't for my kids, I wouldn't think twice, but as they say...kids change everything! I am getting more excited. I have to call tomorrow and commit the money to reserve my date. And I was going to be June 12th but moved it back to the 6th bc we are going on a short trip from June 15th-18th. That trip is a whole other issue!

5 1/2 weeks to surgery date! I go through...

5 1/2 weeks to surgery date! I go through different emotions. Some days I'm excited and some days, like when something bad happens in the world, I feel shallow and it seems so selfish and unimportant. But, mostly excited!

Still debating on 375 vs 400. Anyone have any thought on what cup size 375 would give me? I want to be a medium to full C. Think I'd get there?

Okay, so here are my questions!

1. What do you wear for the first few weeks when they could be high or square or weird? I work in an office. I'm also going to feel sooo awkward that my male boss and co-workers will notice!

2. I have a three year old and a 6 month old. How much can I expect to do for them after surgery and for how long will it be that way? I can't expect my husband to be around every waking minute!

3. 30 Day Shred! LOVED IT! I did it for almost 30 straight days and felt the results were well worth it. I'm now on Ripped in 30. My sizing pics in my profile are on maybe like day 10. I also do weight watchers.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Just changing the title :)

Just changing the title :)

Hi! Sorry I didn't even notice this sooner! I'm trying to get on RS only a once a week or so, so this doesn't consume me! I don't know anything about those docs, but I'll be happy to do background checks if you can tell me the practice names. Dr. Young has a malpractice suit for the death of a woman in the OR during a Brazilian butt lift. He might still very well be a great doc, but that makes me nervous. I only did a consult and signed on with Dr. Pilcher. She was highly recommended by a friend and her friend and down the line. She recommended 375 and 400, and I believe im going to do 375. It's so easy to obsess about size, but I know I just want nice full boobs so 375 should accomplish that.
It is so easy for this site to drive me bananas about size. I really like hearing the outcome of girls before and afters cuz I was or still am a lol nervous about the whole procedure and how ill feel after. I have 2 kids myself but not too much help. I'm hoping to do this soon though and be excited with the outcome. Dr Schaffer is on McCullough and dr Decherd is close to broadway and 410
I also heard about the girl that passed from bbl. it to made me a Lil uneasy :/ What size are you starting out with?

So, I'm one month away from surgery. Currently, I...

So, I'm one month away from surgery. Currently, I am excited but still get scared of dying. To be perfectly honest. I can't imagine leaving my kids behind for something like this. To the point...I finally fully realized that I am doing this for myself and my husband. I am going to look no different in clothes than I do with my padded bra, and that's okay! I am not doing this to get big boobs. I am doing this to get shape and volume back. I want to be able to pick any bra, any swimsuit, and know it will fit. I want to throw on any bra and any top and not have to fiddle with making things look right. That's why I'm doing this. So many of us question the size to the point of sleepless nights. My PS told me 375 or 400 would give me a full C. Immediately I thought of everyone saying they wish they had gone bigger. And I might wish that, too. But, again, that's not why I am doing this. So I am going with 375 and I vow to be content with what that gives me. Sometimes, I like my flat chest and how it looks in certain shirts and dresses. That being said, I will be more unhappy with being too big than with being too small. I want to be happy with the shape and look more than the size. And I want to be proud in front of my husband. This guy loves me to pieces and he deserves his confident wife back. Could I be confident now? Sure, I suppose. But I know this surgery will definitely help. For those that worry about feeling bad for no longer being au natural...I had a realization on that as well. I wear make-up, I get hair extensions, I tan, I get fake nails...none of that is natural. What's the difference? I am excited for this to happen and I can't wait to be on the other side and moving on with my life!

Let me add that I say all this not at all to put down girls that want big boobs. To each their own! I say this for the girls, that like me, just want to feel confident and normal in the shape and volume as opposed to the size. I googled for hours "375 cc saline mod before and after" and I read very, very few posts where girls ended up with less than full C. So, I am confident I will attain my goal.

All I have left to buy is a nude sports bra and one that has a deep v, the scar gel, and some bloating stuff. I have stopped researching and I don't really want to think about it much for the next month :) I just want to show up, get it done, and go home!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Prepping for surgery - have questions!

My surgery is next Wednesday, which is shocking to say the least! I thought I had so much time and just never realized that June 5 is almost here! I have like the distance from my surgery date because I felt like I could still back out. Too late! I am still nervous about going under and not waking up. If it weren't for that I would be soooo pumped!

My questions, please answer!
1. What's the best way to avoid bloating?
2. If you take the anti-nauseau medicine does it help 100% and can you eat more with it?
3. AND THE AGE OLD QUESTION...CC's! My PS told me 375 or 400 for a nice C. I am def not doing 400 and I am worried 375 will still be too big. I am a deflated B cup now. She said I have an okay amount of tissue. I have no desire to be a D, just want a medium C. I would rather be too small than too big, but don't want to be a B cup either. Geeeez, it's so hard!
4. When can you swim in rivers, lakes, pools?? Just curious. We have a lot planned this summer and I'm hoping that 5 weeks will be enough time for my incision to be healed and to look normal in a swim suit.

I am dreading getting my house ready for recovery. Don't want to go to the grocery store either. I am making all of my 7-month-olds food this week, and that will last a month. I need to grocery shop early next week...dreadful.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Prepping for Surgery! - Have questions!

just updating title :)

My surgery is set for June 5th also and I am really excited and nervous about it! I am also VERY unsure about size. I started at 350 went up to 375 and now I am thinking about going 400 bc everyone says to go a little bit bigger than you want to allow for settling and stuff.
I'm freaking about size! I started at 400, went to 375 and now I'm thinking 350! Total opposite of you lol! I like my small frame and I'm afraid big boobs will make me look fat. I just want to have something!! I'd be set on 350 but I've seen some pics where the girls end up with no crease and their boobs look like torpedoes. I want to talk to my PS so bad but won't see her until Tuesday. When is your pre-op?
Ill try to answer most of your questions but definitely look at my posts to give you a better idea during recovery. First, there is not much you can do about bloating as it is from all the medication which you'll have to take regardless. As for the anti-nausea medication it worked 100% I had a full appetite the day after. They recommend keeping day of surgery lite so even if you feel like eating keep it on the lite side and something the PS told me (which was shocking) he said stay away from protein the day of surgery it will make you more nausea which i had no clue. Now this is the medication he gave me for nausea Compazine 5mg. I have heard girls say that it didnt work, but being that I took percocet for my c-section and had to stop because no matter what i did i couldnt keep it down. (i was not given anti-nausua meds) I'd say it works 100% for me. Recovery was a breeze for me. Just go in with a clear and happy mind and you will be fine. Good Luck. The surgery is really no big deal its the new and improved you that IS!!!!

Three nights away and have done nothing to prepare!

I swore I would cut the salt, take stool softener, drink water, tan a few times, but scar gel, go to the grocery store. Not ONE thing has been crossed off that list. I'm too busy and too nervous. All I did so far was book a hotel room and ask my mom to take my kids for the night.

Still don't know about size but ill see my PS on Tuesday, and sort that out. I'm down to deciding between 325 filled to 350 and 350 filled to 375. It's.so.hard.

I just want to be done already! I'm so nervous to kiss my babies goodbye on Wednesday morning :/

How are you feeling..and how was pre op? Good luck tomorrow!
Dont be nervous (I know easier said then done) but honestly you are getting yourself worked up for nothing. Take deep breathes and relax. I know I am procrastinator so I cant even say anything about not having anything done. Just make sure you drink plenty of water the day before (you should be fine) stool softer dont worry about that you will know if you need to take it no need to take it before. Cutting down on salt well again drink plenty of water the day before and you will be fine and continue after surgery. Go the 375 the 25cc's is like a tablespoon not much of a difference. Good luck!!!
Go with the 400 you will end up with the look of 375 to see a significant difference youd have to go up 100cc's

My stomach is churning!

I'm sitting here waiting at the surgery center and wondering what in the world I'm doing! I could seriously walk out right now of it weren't for the $5k I've spent. I am not good at waiting and the time it gives me to think about things. Hate it! And I need to poo :) I have to take a pregnancy test so I can't go to the restroom til that's over. Oy ve!! Ill let y'all know!

You are going to be fine! I'm sure they will speed things up for you and make you as comfortable as possible. Tell them how you are feeling and what you need and they should make it happen for you!
good luck!!!
Thank you!

Done and hurting like hell!

Pre-op yesterday was quick and kind of pointless. She just asked if I decided on a size answered questions. They requested no prep other than using Dial and not eating/drinking after midnight. I only had to fill a hydrocodone prescription.

So I get to the surgery center and wait for a little over an hour. They call me back and I take a urine pregnancy test. I then get on a bed to take vitals and put on the feet masager things. About 30 mins later the anesthesiologist, doctor and nurse come by. The nurse said she was giving me the first relaxer and I talked to my husband for a few minutes. That's all I remember from before.

I woke up and I was in so so much pain. I couldn't keep my eyes open. I was supposed to be released from recovery at 11, but I didn't leave until 230! I could not do anything to stay away. I also started throwing up, which was horrible. My husband helped me shuffle to the bathroom and change clothes.

I am in so much pain. I have been through two c-sections, and those were a walk in the park compared to this! I just want the pain to go away! The pain is coming from the sides underneath toward the middle. I can't believe how bad it hurts.

Ill write more later!

awwww I read your post after I posted hope you are doing well :0( It will pass sorry you were in so much pain i guess this procedure is really different for everyone.. Rest up and you'll do fine.
Def doing better today! Still in pain but nothing like yesterday!
I gets better everyday so your on the right track. This week I actually have more sensation in the breast because obviously the numbness is going away and I feel little pins and needles which they say is the nerve endings healing so nothing to freakout about lol

Day 2 - getting better!

I slept pretty good last night. Propped up on pillows and a had pillow under my right arm. I'm taking one hydrocodone every four hours. You have to stay ahead of the pain!! Oh, so at 730pm, 10 hours after going under, I was finally able to stay awake. My husband got Chili's and I had a full appetite. I didnt eat a whole lot, but it tasted great and didnt get sick!

I went to my follow-up and she took off the bandage. Just to remind you, I'm 5'6" and 130lbs. I did 325 filled to 375 saline unders. Looking down I think they look small. In the bra in the mirror they looked good. Ill post some pics for y'all later.

Glad to hear you are doing better! Hopefully the rest of your recovery will be smooth sailing!
Thank you! I'm hoping I don't have a day three relapse! I keep asking everyone, but as the muscle relaxes do they look bigger? I feel so small right now :(
They look small :( do they look bigger as everything loosens up?

Before and after pics in bra

Before surgery- deflated 34b (probably an a)

After surgery- hopefully full c, but feeling small at one day PO

I had my BA 2 1/2 weeks ago exactly and I was feeling completely 100% back to my normal self by day 5-6. I would get random bouts of tightness every couple hours and I would take some advil and it would loosen for a little while. Morning boob is VERY strange and makes you just want to stay in one position in bed in the morning but it gets better every morning and eventually goes away. I am around the same measurements as you. I am 5'5 120 and got 400CC Silicone Mod+ under the muscle and I am not swollen anymore. I went to VS and tried on 2 different sizes and ended up as 34D. I don't feel that big AT ALL and was positive I was smaller but I started as a 34A and am happy to take that size because this size is EXACTLY what I asked for!! Ill try to post pictures for you.
Your skin is so tight the first couple of days (up to 2 weeks depending on how small you were before and how big you went up to) they look and feel small. Once your skin and muscles relax they will definitely be larger. Give it time and don't judge them what to so ever on the first 2 weeks!!
Thank you! I was hoping someone would say that :) of course I read all this before surgery, but once it happens to you then it feels so different!

34 hours PO

Not sitting too high. Not sure if that's good or bad!

Soooo bloated! Trying to drink water and will have some smooth move tea later.

Your results are awesome! they look so good on you :) Makes me more anxious to get past surgery. Ill b wrapped up in a ace bandage til my first post op but I can't wait to show my after pics
When is your first post op? I had an ace wrap for the first 24. It worked amazing at keeping the swelling down. No bruising either. I need to buy another one of these bras bc have to wear it for a month. Yuck!
I have surgery next Friday and I go back to the doc office on Monday to learn massages and get to see them for the first time :)

48 hours PO

Woke up sore this morning, but not worse than yesterday. I have a somewhat of a sharp pain off and on the left side.

They look huge today. I'm sure its the swelling, but holy moly!

Worst thing...bloating! I just feel big and frumpy! Two cups of smooth move tea haven't done a thing.

Hey texas_chic - I sent you a message on here, check your inbox when you get a chance!
I wrote you back! Thanks :)
Hang in there! I had mine done last Wednesday 5/29-and I remember Saturday thinking "what in the world have I done to myself?". I turned a corner Monday and it's gotten better everyday since. I have had 2 sections too and told my doctor yesterday at my post-op the exact same thing (that my sections were a walk in the park compared to this). I'm still stiff and a little sore, but it is so much better!!! Good luck with your recovery! :) It will get better!!

Bloating is finally subsiding!

Even more than the sharp pains on the outside of my left breast, which have been radiating into my arm and across my boob to the middle, the bloating has really bothered me! I wanted to get boobs and deal with them, not with the feeling that I've gained 10lbs. So, on that note, I quit taking hydrocodone last night despite the pain, and the bloating has already gone down and I've gone poo. Yippee! I'm taking Extra Strength Tylenol every 3 hours during the day and then not waking up at night anymore. Trying to stay under 4,000mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours.

My boobs have looked really good since right after the surgery. They aren't high or flat. I just hope they don't drop too much because like I've said before I'm not sure where they'll go!

Anyway, I'm happy so far and ready to be able to move like normal without protecting my left side.

Back to work today!

I'm 6 full days PO and I returned to work today. I was not supposed to return until tomorrow, but I had to meet some deadlines (unfortunately). I think I'll take off on Thursday :)

I drove this morning, and my commute is 1 hour. It wasn't so bad. 15 miles of my stretch is super windy so I was kind of all over the road bc I was trying to drive with the bottom of the steering wheel. Nothing was hurting, I just didnt want to upset my progress. It just feels weird to flex my pectorals and it creeps me out. I stopped taking hydrocodone on day 3 and stopped Tylenol on day 5. The sharp pains on lefty are subsiding and things are going well! I can tell they are softening because I can feel some water movement.

If anyone has questions just ask! After the first 24 hours this has been pretty easy! The first 12 hours I wanted to kill my husband for letting me do it :)

Driving will get easier! And I don't think you will hurt anything by using your muscles more, I have used them plenty and it seems to be just fine! Actually, it might have helped them drop some!
I'm sure you're right! The left one feels so weird almost like I can feel the muscle tighten on the implant. I've been guarding that side so maybe that's why??
Whoa an hour to drive. Dont know how ill feel a week po when i go back to work, but I'm glad it's not bothersome for u :) My incisions will be in the armpit so i hope driving doesnt suck too much. I don't know how to put my emotions in words right now. I have 2 days until the day!

Holy moly it's been 3 months!

The long and short of it is that at two weeks PO (when I last posted) I haven't thought twice about having the BA! The pain subsided at 1 week, stopped at 2 weeks and felt part of my body at 3 weeks! I'm very happy with what Dr. Pilcher did for me. She did recommend that I go to 400 and I didn't, and she was right! But even at 375 (saline, under) I'm super super happy! Boobs have not changed my life, but they def make my life easier in terms of what I can wear and buy!

How are you now months later?
I saw where you returned back to work at 6 days post op! I may have to at 4days :/ do you think that's doable if I am on light duty!? Love you'r Results BTW!
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon