No Problems, I Just Want Them Out - San Antonio, TX

I got implants in 2007 after years of feeling...

I got implants in 2007 after years of feeling inadequate because of small boobs. I was a 34C (not that small really). So I got implants and went up to a 34DD, a couple years later they got even bigger now up to a 34DDD or even 34G. Bras are hard to find and of course very expensive in those sizes.

I have 500cc saline under the muscle.

I've been going back and forth as to whether to totally get them out or replace with smaller ones. I have decided to totally take them out for the following reasons:

*Can't enjoy getting a massage because laying on my stomach (rather, boobs) is very uncomfortable

*Sports bras don't fit well, they don't come down far enough; swim suits: same problem

*Some yoga poses are awkward and difficult with big boobs

*I am a cyclist; cycling jerseys don't fit busty women very well

*I'm 'all chest' to where I feel like it makes me look fat

I'm glad I did it, but it's time for them to go. My only concern is whether or not my skin will 'snap back' (I'm 45 years old). Another concern is that now my belly fat will be more obvious without the boobs being the focal point. Of course with the implants gone it will be easier to do core exercises like planks :)

You know, I've thought the same thing, that having small boobs will make my after dinner belly look bigger cause of the ratio.. but really, if you look at women with small boobs, no matter what their waist size- they tend to look more elongated/stream-lined. I kind of wish more ladies on here would post before and after clothed pics just to see if the explant did make them look smaller, or if it does make their waist line look thicker.. maybe I will take pics. I have explant the 28th, I'll get a couple pics in clothes and wear the same ones after explant and see how it all looks. Anyways! I completely understand your reasons for wanting them out! I am definitely treating myself to a massage after I heal.. it's been 8 years since I've had a massage where I didn't worry about my boobs popping! Good luck with your research and explant journey :)
I don't blame you at all for wanting them out, I had 500 cc also. But I only had an A to begin with. I had mine for almost 12 years....what a pain in the neck(and back & shoulders)! They are sooo heavy, aren't they. I cannot tell you how relieved I am since I explanted. I can sleep better, walk easier & taller, and even breathe better (yes, crazy I know) Sometimes I felt like the weight of those darn things was crushing my lungs. I don't know if it's cuz I am getting older and maybe more frail or something, but I felt like I couldn't hold the weight of them any longer. Fast forward to April 4th!!
Hello - wanted to send you good wishes as you wait for your date! I completely agree with all of your reasons. Mine are coming out in a few days and i cant wait until i am all healed so I can resume yoga, running, sleeping on my stomach and actually be able to hug my husband again. I wish you luck and good outcome! I am sure you have looked at all the pictures of women after explantation in here and most people look amazingly good.

I had my pre op yesterday and I'm kind of annoyed....

I had my pre op yesterday and I'm kind of annoyed. The information I got at the consultation differs. My doctor said I should be able to return to normal activity 'almost immediately', the nurse at the pre op said about a month. I told her what he said and she told me, 'oh you can do lower body after about 2 weeks'. Then, I find as I'm almost out the door that I'll have drains. That would have been nice to know earlier, like when I made my time off request from work.

I just feel like nobody knows what they're talking about when it comes to the explant procedure. It's a bit late to change doctors at this point, I've paid in full and got the time off work which was not easy.

Should i call and speak to the office manager to let her know or just suck it up? I really don't want to make waves and end up with a late afternoon surgery...

I hope some day the explant procedure is more 'common' so we won't have to feel like second class citizens.
Are you feeling better about Dr. Greene now? Do you think it's because they don't do a lot of explants? I'm looking for a PS in either San Antonio or Dallas so am very interested to hear more from you.
Hi UndecidedTexan, I really like Dr. Greene, but am not real crazy about the office staff at my pre-op. I do think it is because they don't do a lot of explants. I am less than two weeks away from surgery so I'll let you know how it goes. Dr. Greene never tried to talk me out of explanting but the women in his office did. What's up with that?? Anyway, my surgery is April 4th so I'll be posting more between now and then. Good luck to you!
I'm sorry you experienced that from the staff but I wonder if its because they have implants. Regardless, you've made the right choice for you! Can't wait to hear how things go for you.

I'm just a couple days away and I'm excited and...

I'm just a couple days away and I'm excited and nervous. I'm opting for local anesthesia with IV sedation so I'm a bit nervous about that; but not as nervous as going under general.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this but will I have to sleep on my back for a while? I remember having to when I got implanted (so they would not fall off to the sides).

I've posted a couple more photos; some with clothes so people can see the difference between before and after. I'll put on the same clothes once I'm healed to show the difference.
I slept on my back for at least 6 days , the first 3 days I slept at a 45 degree angle ....to hard to lay flat.
Wishing you well wishes as your surgery day is almost here. I'm excited for you and hope all goes well....I think you will have a great result...your skin is still tight and your boobs aren't saggy at all. Can't wait to see your after pics. I'm having my explant April 12th. Meet you on the other side :-)
Sending you well wishes for you explant day! I am sorry to hear about the surprise info you received. What I learned from all the ladies stories and journeys is that an explant surgery is far from a one size fits all, there are so many variations on recommendations depending on each individuals implant situation. Some have scar tissue that is hard therefore needs to be removed and sometimes the doc cannot tell until they get in there. I had a straight explant on my right side, no capsule removed, it was tissue thin and will be absorbed by my body eventually . Left side very thick scar tissue, lots of work to remove partial capsulectomy . So right side felt good after, left side was so sore and still is after 10 days post explant. I plan on wearing my genie bra with comm Reston wrap for a full month or longer to promote excellent healing and tissue to heal properly to chest wall. My doc loves that I am willing to do this for so long...it will help a lot even though I wil feel better ..it is a good thing to do. I wish you a speedy recovery . sending you positive Thoughts for a great outcome!!

Tomorrow is the big day. I'm so excited and...

Tomorrow is the big day. I'm so excited and nervous! Thank you all for your kind words and well wishes. I'll see you on the other side!
Good luck tomorrow!!! Good vibes your way!!! I would say sleep on your back for the first week.. today is day 6 for me and I can finally start to sleep on my side a bit without my boobie hurting! I hate sleeping on my back so it has not been fun, but the days pass quickly! Good luck to you- I'll be watching for your updates!
Best of luck!!
Just thinking of you today, and sending good thoughts and well wishes your way for the big day tomorrow!

I'm done! I'm in between naps. I'm feeling almost...

I'm done! I'm in between naps. I'm feeling almost no pain. I took some extra strength tylenol when I got home, no vicodin. I will post more tomorrow. Oh, and the best part. ... I didn't have to get drains!!!
God Bless you, take good care of yourself. I will pray for your speedy recovery. Mary6151
That is great news. Congratulations! I go for my consult tomorrow for removal. Can't wait to have "me" back again!
May I ask how long have you had your implants and how do they feel. I am 7 weeks post op and feel better but my breasts feel odd. I have been excercising with 5 lbs weights and walking on the treadmill,squats, stretches, etc. and my left breast feels a little sore. Let me know how your cosult goes. God Bless You. Mary6151

They are out!!! I'm so happy; I feel so much...

They are out!!! I'm so happy; I feel so much lighter. I have virtually no pain! I will post more as the healing progresses. Anyone who is on the fence about getting this done, I highly recommend it :)

My PS made a small incision in the crease, then punctured the implant so he could pull it out through the one inch incision :)
You look great and only two weeks out. :)
You look perfect. Congratulations Now its time to get that message :)
Wow...you look great...no pain..awesome. Rest well and congrats on being free from implants :-)

Healing quite well...nice compliment from gyn

I'm about 8 weeks post op now. It's the best decision I've ever made. I can lay on my stomach or my back with no discomfort like I had with the implants. I'm healing nicely. I tried to take pictures by I didn't do a very good job on the self portrait (too close up) so I'll post when I can get my husband to take some new photos.

So I went for my annual exam and when my Gyn was doing the breast exam he asked if my PS also did some reconstruction, I said, no. He said, wow, you heal fast!

I even did a 60 mile bike ride 3 1/2 weeks post op, with my PS approval of course!
I had mine out, just punctured, and I am SO glad. I'm 50 and my breasts bounced right back. My doc made them too big to start (10 years ago) I had a smaller implant put in after 5 years (still too big) and I was dubious, but it turned out great. Glad you are in the No More Implants club with me. Isn't it so much better? You look great :) People are telling me I look like I did in my 20's....and I don't feel fat anymore because of the huge boobs. Plus I can wear ANY bra and just about any clothes now (dresses used to be a particular problem as the top half of me was a 12 and the bottom a size 6-8). I can also wear fabrics other than stretch ones when I choose a shirt! Joy :)
So glad to hear you're doing so well, SR!!
You really look terrific!
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon