50 Yr. Old Wants Implants out - San Antonio, TX

I am now at a point in my life where I wants to be...

I am now at a point in my life where I wants to be free of these implants. I want to be natural. I will be a little worried about how I will look and feel, and the way I will have to adjust all over again. But it will be worth it. I am a little nervous, but know that I will be fine after I get my natural self back.
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Schaffer and his staff are very caring and compassionate. Dr. Eric Schaffer has awesome bedside manners and believes in the safety and health of the patient first and foremost.

Just a few more weeks for you! What kind of implants do you have and why are you wanting them out?

I'll be checking back for your updates!
Saline implants, and they were just feeling too heavy for my petite frame.
They are out....still a little sore, but happy. Im natural once again!!
Mine feel very heavy too and cause pain...what size where u with implants and now? What was the hardest part in your opinion having implants? My fear is looking at my breast after explant before they fluff up..
I got my first set in 2000 making me a 36DD. I never realized how huge they were and how out of proportion they made me look. Being 5'3 and 130, it made me look too top heavy. Then in 2010 I went in and wanted a smaller set, telling my ps I wanted only 200cc's, he however, did not honor my request. He put in implants slightly smaller than what I originally had. So I then went from 36DD to a 36D. Along with the 2nd set of implants i also got a breast lift. Shortly after getting them redone in 2010, i started experiencing a lot of heaviness in my chest. I even had trouble breathing. I experienced a lot of severe allergies, that I did not have prior to having implants. Tingling and numbness in my arms...I decided I did not want to go thru life feeling like I was carrying a ton on my chest. The hardest part of having implants for me was never quite adjusting to carrying foreign objects in your body. At my post operative appointment my ps was rather pleased at how fluffed they looked. See frisky2002vrod, I never really needed them to begin with, I don't know why I ever got them in the first place?? :/ The ps said he was surprised at how much breast tissue I had naturally. He said that the breast-lift may have helped the turnout. I think you will be very happy with your results. I know you will feel wonderful with your natural self. Ive read somewhere, that after having breasts surgeries, breasts are very forgiving, and will return to their natural state. I agree:) Priscilla
Thanks for the feedback..like you..I never was completely comfortable with myself and the implants..seems it lowered my mood after the honeymoon stage of BA. I have stayed active but never felt 100 percent. Implants slowed me down and even stopped me from some activities.. my hope is..I feel like doing things again..since I wont have all this wt on my chest..and I hope my fibromyalgia goes away..I have faith it at least will improve GREATLY. ..karen
How long after your explant where you abke to be fitted in a correct size bra?
Karen I feel when the implants are out! You will not have any of the symptoms you were experiencing while you had the implants. Months before I had the implants ex planted, I thought I had Asthma. Dr. said I had extremely severe allergies. I tell you after the implants were ex planted. I have never felt better and I am allergy free.
I had my breast ex plant surgery on Aug. 8th, 2014. There is still a good number of steri strips on the incisions. I have not started to wear a bra yet. (I did try to put a bra on and it felt uncomfortable) I will ask my ps if it's ok to start a wearing bra on my next appt which is Sept 18th.
Wow..that sounds encouraging..I lay in the bed alot cause my implants have falling and really pull on my chest .shoulder and neck muscles..im really praying ill be energetic again..I hear some people even loose wt because of body inflammation going away...thanks for your feedback..
OMG, I felt very inflamed, I worked out and did a lot of cardio, and still couldn't lose weight for the life of me. I was also careful with sodium, as I really don't use the salt shaker, and I make sure to check the sodium content in the foods I ate, and still I was very inflamed. Again the inflammation was due to the implants. I will tell you after the ex plant surgery everyone said It looked like i lost 10-15 pounds. My face had gotten very swollen also, it also slimmed down quite a bit. I like you would find my self in such a state of just wanting the implants out because of the discomfort they were causing me that I found myself just laying down a lot. I honestly felt they were tiring me out. I feel like a new person, I tell you, you will feel renewed. I know you are probably feeling a lot of anxiety, and a bit scared, but for me It was very worth it, and If I had to, I would do it again in a heart beat.
Hust about everyone says. They would do it again..and like u I have heard explant seems to make u look smaller all over..even before you de puff from inflammation..I always thought..well my body is having to evolve itself bigger to accommodate the big boobs. .seems that way to me..so I hope I do de puff back down..and I regain motivation and energy to jump around again..I put one of my boobs on a scale..wt was 2.5 pnds .so thats five pounds..three of which is the implants...on my chest..hanging on me like a lazy monkey...think about it. How could anyone have motivation to do anything fun with a five pound monkey on their chest? Lol.. karen
Thats for your feedback