Already feeling them like my own

Hello Everyone, First I wanted to say that...

Hello Everyone,

First I wanted to say that this is a great website, I think it helped me decide to get my dream of BA done.
Well, let me start I’m 42 years old 145 pounds (5’0) I know I need to lose some weight. I have a 6 year old wonderful and smart boy, a lovely husband and I caring mother.

Back in 2008 I was diagnosed with Graves disease (hyperthyroidism) no fun, I lost so much weight and before I knew I was sick I though Wow after all I can still lose weight but didn’t know that all that weight lost was due to thyroid disease , I have always watch what eat and walk 3 miles 3 times per week. I have to mention that I would love to exercise more but working 40 hrs per week and part time student plus family it is a little bit hard.

After losing weight so much weight I decided that I wanted to get a BA, my mom was not very happy with the idea you know moms and a per my husband he told me, he would support whatever I decided.

I started to see an endocrinologist and put me on meds which of course made me gain some weight back. I was not very happy about it. Looks like my thyroid levels are stable for now and that why I decided to get the BA asap don’t get me wrong sometimes I think I will regret it because having this thyroid problem means weight problems forever. The Endo clear me for gery, and my PS was ok as long my endo would give me the ok for surgery.

So here I’m just got BA on July 25, it has been a week and one day and I feel ok. I am not myself 100% but feeling much better than couple days back. I have been getting depressed lately with crazy thoughts like Why did I do this at my age? Am I going to have to do this again in 15 years? I will be old LOL. I get depressed I guess because I have not gone anywhere, I have to mention that I showed up for work on day 5 OMG what a mistake I almost pass out. I called in the next day and today and Fridays are my regular days off. I will be back to work on Saturday which I think I will be fine. (easy days on sat).
I apologize for my writing English is not my first language. I will post some picture and please be honest and tell me what you think. They are really hard, still painful when I do the massage (that I really hate). I still sleeping on the couch and it is not fun. I’m taking 1000 mg Tylenol for pain. Thank you ladies for your responses.

Hello Ladies, I just wanted to say hi, I'm...

Hello Ladies,

I just wanted to say hi, I'm sorry I have been away for a while. School started and it means not time for me to be online or watch TV. This is my week # 6. I have feeling pretty good, just a little bit sore sometimes but that it. I'm not longer on any medication and no more back pain. I'm able to sleep on my side yupiii already for the last 2 weeks which I assumed that's why my back pain is gone. My doctor does not want me to wear a bra yet :( he says my left one still higher than the right one; which I can tell just by looking at it, even when I massage them the right one feel different. I'm guessing that my right one is healing faster than the left one. Does anyone experienced this? I can't wait to start wearing my first bra. I will be posting some pictures soon.

Hey Lissy girl!
How are you doing???
I'm so sorry Scrappy37, just read you message. I'm not sure why didn't i get an email alert or something. who knows. I'm doing pretty good. Not 100% myself but 80% lol. Looks like my right boobie is healing faster than my left one. I had my doctor appointment last week and my doctor says "you have to be patience" it is about time. I can't wear bra yet but I'm happy to see the changes every week. I'm happy I didn't go smaller because they dont look big as I thought they will be. I was scared that they were going to be why to big for my size. I hope you doing well it is nice to hear from you. Take care :)

Hi Lissy!

No worries on the delayed response. =)

Is your left boob still not healed? In what way?

I was scared about my boob being to big too, and they turned out fine. Sometimes I think it would be nice if they were a little bigger, but overall I am happy with the size. I couldnt wear a bra for 6 weeks, but you are about there at this point arent you? How long do you have to go braless?

OMG Scrappy37, I love you already LOL, you are a sweet heart and made my day with all you said. Sometimes we need to hear things like this. I have feeling great you were right it was probably the blues after surgery, boobies still hard and hurt in the mornings but I'm back to my ownself; taking meds only when i go to sleep to make my sleep more confortable (still sleeping in the couch) massage started to feel right but still difficult to take it. I'm having my doctor appointment this thursday hopefully everything is fine. I will post more pics since boobs are looking better and everyone sees the changes. Thank you for your words. Have a awesome day!
Oh good, I am glad you are feeling better!
I dont know what causes it, but a lot of people get the blues.
Let us know what the doc says and I'll look forward to watching your progress! =)
Hi Lissy!
You do look great- everything looks as it should!
Sounds like you got the after surgery blues. Luckily that is temporary. Try to get out and walk, go to the mall, or have lunch with a girlfriend.
If your not icing, maybe you should consider icing your breasts as you say they hurt.
When I first started massaging, I didnt like the way it felt at all. It took about a week or two for it to be more comfortable, and now it doesnt feel like anything when i do it.

If it makes you feel better, you wont necessarily have to have them redone in 15 years. I know ladies who have the same ones in for quite some time. I think some people just like to give it an average time frame. Dont worry so much about that. Or your age. You are only 4 years older than me and you talk like we're half dead!! LOL
Life is too short, enjoy it while we can. I too am struggling with weight loss and have gotten a BA anyways. Just cuz were not skinny doesnt mean we dont deserve it too- actually looks like I am much heavier than you. =)

Hang in there Lissy, things will get better! And your girls are looking quite nice!
Keep us posted!
HI,
Thanks for letting me know which doctor you went to. And again your results look great, enojy your new boobies. I am extremly picky so its sort of hard for me to find the "right" surgeon to do my MM. But your results look good. I on the other hand need a little bit more work done to mine( breast lift with aug) that isnt so easy to have a great look right afterwards, cuz you got to worry about a "boxy" look with a certain type of breast lift. I have checked out Dr. Shaffers work I did think about going to him as well based on the fact that he had trained at harvard. but soon realized that I shouldn't solely base my decision on that. I've learned alot about certain techniques and what about each procedure. but anyways(sorry for the rambling), Love your results because they look good and only will get better.
Thank you guys, I'm sorry I got so busy yesterday that I didn't have time to check the website, it is great to hear from you. Sexydork, my doctor's name is Dr. Eric Schaffer, two of my co-worker got their BA with him and they got great results. He such a caring and must important took the time to explained and answer all my questions. I told him that I felt that at my age BA was a little bit crazy, he told me his older patient was 75 years old. He has 30 years experience, you can check his website just google his name. Kooberry, my emotions gotten better I guess because I was busy and finally got out the house. And you so right when say worry does not do any good, it is always something to be worried in life. I'm feeling great today, I'm back to work (computer work must likely ) took my pain med since my shift is 10 hrs. I'm sure be ok fine. Ladies you are so great for keeping me motived and for welcoming to this wonderful website.

Hi lissy~ I think you look great!!! I understand what you are saying about the roller coaster of emotions. .... had my BA done at age 40(eased the mid life crisis LOL) and love them. However, sometimes worry I may need a revision in 10-15 years and what happens if I can not afford it????? But we must remember -  worry does not do any good, so I will enjoy them now while they look pretty. YOU SHOULD TOO! Try to focus on the positive:-)
hi, i just seen ur profile, ur results look great. What doctor did you go to?

You look good. Still riding high, but nice. Are you satisfied with your look? Here's what some doctors had to say to a woman who was depressed after breast aug. Maybe some of their comments will help you.

Thank you Lovelyone, I'm really looking forward to feeling better and feel my boobies like my own. Did anyone got depressed during the process? I'm feeling so down, I don't even know why but I feel like crying for nothing. I'm trying to get distracted with my school assignments, I think I need to get out of here. Thank you again Lovelyone I will keep you informed of my progress.
Hello Lissy, Congrats on your BA. Its only been a week and it looks great. Just take it easy and follow your doctors post op instructions. The tissue will soften up the more you massage them. i started my massages after 3 weeks when the swelling has gone down. I week i think its too early since they are still swollen and thats why they hurt but i am no PS. I also take vitamin E(2000mg) and vitamin C(1000) to aid in the softening and scarring. I promise you, you will love your results in the end. every day, the boobs changes and you start to feel better.
You've come to the right place. I am 5weeks 2 days and i am feeling good. It is never too late to do anything as long as you are happy with it. You did it for you and am glad hubby supports you too. Please keep us informed with updates and pictures so as to help us better follow your journey and share ideas and support eachother. ciao~