So here are my stats. I'm 5'0", 101#, and have one...

So here are my stats. I'm 5'0", 101#, and have one son (he is 2.5yrs). I was never a tiny person, my best looking time was in college about 115#. Then I got married and pregnant and weighed around 125. When I delivered my son I had reached 190! So my weight loss journey began and here I am 2.5 years later and 90 pounds lighter. I kept losing weight thinking my stomach would shrink but it's still in poor condition. I am a size 0 or xs and still so upset about my stomach. For my own sanity and health, I need this operation so I won't have to keep dieting and hoping it will go away... Because it won't!
I am going for my tummy tuck on June 10. I am a teacher and finish the school year June 6. I will be staying with my mom near Austin, tx so she can help me recover and help with my son.
I will be using Dr. Gary Lawton and am pleased with my decision! However, he will not be performing any lipo with the tuck so I am hoping I don't need that! Can't wait to read more stories from the community and share our experiences :)
Dr Lawton is AWESOME!!! I sent you a message ;)
Congrats on your weight loss! You look great, and you will love your belly after your TT ! =) I had mine after losing 56lbs after baby #2. Soo happy i decided to go for it and get my body back! You will be too! =)
I'll have to check out your review! And thanks, June can't come soon enough!

Less than two months away

Well everyone, I am getting excited as this becomes more real. As you've read, I've had quite the weight loss journey. Last summer I wore a one piece mesh miraclesuit, size 6. Miracle suit doesn't make a size 0 (my current size) but I still need my belly covered! I went with a one piece monokini from Victoria's Secret. Hoping next summer it will be a bikini!
You're such a cutie! Your going to look great!! Good luck. I had to keep going back and forth through your pics I'm like no way is that her with that skin!
Haha I'll have to post some more. I'm proud of that skin! It shows how far I've come lol
I'm so pleased for you and your weightloss, you're a very pretty young lady but now you're so tiny! No one would know you had loose skin under your clothes. The op will be the icing on the cake I'm sure. Best of luck!

More pictures

Since it's getting closer, here are some more recent pictures (today). And unfortunately I still get asked if I'm expecting ugh!
I wish you luck in your procedure im also frm satx.
You are so beautiful! I know you are going to have amazing results!!! I am so excited for you!!! =]
Oh you are going to look amazing after this is all said and done!

About a month left! Disturbing pics attached :)

Reality is setting in! With my weight loss and constant carrying of my toddler I realized my arms are starting to have some nice muscle tone! I was doing push-ups tonight and thought id post my belly! My pre op is may 28 and today I put it for an absence at work that day! Getting so excited. Any advice about pre op questions or concerns would be appreciated! I have no idea what to expect and how it will differ from consultations!
You look so great in your swimsuits. I'm sure you can't wait for bikinis! I am having my tummy tuck the same day you are : ) It's getting so close. I must have said "I can't believe it is only three weeks away" today at least five times lol. Good luck and I'll be following your updates!
Oh my gosh! I didn't even realize it's only 3 weeks!!! Thanks for letting know and so excited I have a surgery buddy :)
Congrats! You'll be so thrilled with your results! I'm scheduled or June 12th! I've lost 115 pounds 11 yrs ago! Yeah!

3 more weeks

So I suppose it's time to officially start the countdown?! I've been so busy with work I didn't realize how quickly this surgery is approaching. June 6 is my last day of work then I am done for summer.
So this month was Mother's Day, my birthday, and teacher appreciation week and my body is showing the love! I'm up about 3 pounds this month and really need to get my diet back in order before tummy tuck :-/ definitely enjoyed all the junk though!
I'm a teacher from SA too. My tt is scheduled for July 7th, so please keep us posted on how you are doing. :) congratulations on the weight loss you look fabulous!!
Thank you and feel free to message me any time
Yes : ) also, I will not be having lipo either. My doctor told me it was unnecessary in my situation and that without it, he will be able to do a more aggressive tummy tuck. I want aggressive! Will you have drains? I will not and am thrilled about it. (I am a little bit worried about swelling though)

Pre Op was today

I was surprised that the doctor didn't come in, only his nurse. She was very thorough though and answered all of my questions. I spray tan about once per week and am SO disappointed they said no spray tans for these 2 weeks prior to surgery and about 2 mos post surgery! That means Casper skin for me all summer :-(
I was given vitamins to take daily that I began today. I also dropped off the prescriptions that I will need for after the surgery.
I made my payment so it's looking official! Also got my blood work done and hopefully everything will be ok there. My blood pressure was 108/58 which seems low, but they didn't seem concerned.

Anyways, I'm so excited. Hoping the next two weeks fly by :)
good luck.........
You bought that gorgeous black mono-kini from Victoria's Secret that I have been eyeing for months now! Love it on you! I'm scared to buy it though because I am 5'9" tall and afraid it will be too short in the torso. The next couple of week will fly by, and then you'll be almost 7 months out like me! :-) I have a very detailed Review on here with lots of info if you wanna check it out. Good luck to you!
I just saw they have it on sale now for about $50! They also have red and white. You should get it, I'm 5'0 but it's far from stretched on me! Can't wait for bikinis though and I'll check out your review

9 days

The nerves started to sink in as I read through all my paperwork today! I had my last spray tan on Friday and so I got really dressed up last night! I went to a coworkers daughters sweet 16 and guests were to wear black/white. The dress I saw online that I tried on in store fit poorly so I settled for a different white dress. The one I picked is very tight so I had to get spanx too! Lol, at least the dress was on sale :)
I'm around your size. Had the same problem lost all the weight but couldn't get rid off the extra skin in my stomach. Had surgery 5 days ago and I'm so glad I did it. Good luck with your surgery your going to look amazing:)
Congratulations to you! What an accomplishment. You will have GREAT results. Absolutely. I know the nerves set in as it gets closer and more real, but soon you will be home recovering and all that skin will be gone :) Best of luck to you xx
I'm really excited for you! My surgery is June 18 and I will be following you!

Selfie tip and last day of work update

So maybe it's not technically a selfie, but it's how I take great pictures without anyone around to help me. I have an iPhone. I set it on a flat surface with front camera on in record mode. I move slowly and watch myself do the pose I need for pictures. Then, I pause the video and move the white line to shots that best fit what I'm trying to capture in a picture! I then click again in the middle so that the video preview on top disappears and take a screen shot! Hope that helps anyone struggling to get good pics!
So my surgery is on Tuesday had I haven't received any calls so that must mean my bloodwork came back normal :) today was my last day of work and my assistant surprised me with a gift! The bag contained some things for recovery: pajamas, three gowns, a robe, slippers, and a sexy see through black slip for "showing off" my new tummy! There was also a gift card in there for a local restaurant. She is SO sweet! I was just complaining this week how I needed some comfy house clothes for recovery. After I lost all my weight, what little clothing I bought went to work clothes. I'm so thankful to have such an awesome support network :)
Four more days! I'll have to enjoy my four days of summer vacation before the surgery!
I keep reading how heavily people rely on their binders, compression garment, spanx, etc and my doctor uses none of that so I'm nervous!!!! The reality is finally sinking in and I think I'm more excited than nervous!
And I don't know if it will ever happen, but I desperately need a BL also....I'm always jealous when people say they wear outfits or dresses without a bra. I could NEVER do that. First things first.....I can deal with saggy boobs for a bit.....stomach is a different story. I am so excited to see your results! :-)
I feel the SAME way. Good bras can help my tribal boobs but stomach was urgent!!
What specifically did you do to lose the weight? In your before/after weight loss pics, I"m specifically looking at your calves! WOW! Can't wait to get back to the gym cause my legs need a lot of work. Did you just eat well and exercise....what types of exercise did/do you do? :-) thanks!

So close now!

I have so much I should be doing around the house and shopping to prepare for surgery but it's a rainy, ugly day here and I just want to sit around on the couch! I'll so some last minute before and after pics tomorrow:)
Omg you are perfect for this surgery. You are going to be so happy with your results! Excited for you!
Good luck!!! I know I felt like I had so much to do before surgery.. Just relax and tomorrow you wlbe on the flat side!!!
Idk why it says one day pre op when I have it written down for June 10, which is Tuesday (2 days) lol! But thanks, I can't wait! Tomorrow the real nerves will hit and I won't be able to procrastinate housework anymore

Tomorrow is the big day!!!

Just got my call saying I need to arrive by 5:45AM for my surgery! Now it feels real! I'm happy it's early though so I won't have to go too long without eating/ drinking and leaving the urine sample. I took a few more before pics. My weight pre op will be 103# (gained a couple these past two weeks from excitement). I should really take measurements before I go in too! Please keep me in your prayers :)
Hope it all goes well for You. Looking forward To following you on your journey :)
Your going to do great and look well can't wait for your update
Best of luck to you! Can't wait to see your update after surgery. :)

I made it!

The experience was nice and I am happy to be home again! I'm experiencing some pain but it's manageable. I was surprised how well I could walk, but maybe that's because the drugs haven't worn off ;) please tell me it doesn't get much worse than this!!! Will update with more pics when I can :) all wrapped up right now
Congratulations, meet u on the flat side in only 5 days, plz keep us posted :))
Happy to report I've been walking to bathroom and going without assistance!
Yea, flat side! !!

Mirror selfie

This is the best shot I could get today! Hopefully I can get one tomorrow at my first post op appointment! I think I see some definition up top! Wishful thinking? Lol.
And I have three drains ahhh I thought id have two
Well done on the weight loss & welcome to the flat side. Happy healing! :)
So glad to hear you are home & doing well. Keep us posted :)
Sent you a message!

More pics!

Sorry if I'm posting too much I'm just so excited! I'm kind of concerned that I don't feel the need to hunch much?
AWESOME...Happy Healing!!
Thanks! It stinks being stuck in the house all the time though!
Im sure...I go July 3rd....so Im sure I will b going crazy as well...took July 3rd and return to work on July 28th....

Post op appointment day 1

I'm still feeling good. They had to remind me to take it easy so I downloaded some books on my kindle so I can relax and take it easy! I got a peek at my incision and belly button and they look good. My mid abdomen is a bit puffy as to be expected. I was given the okay to shower today. He also started me on silvedene cream once a day over that mid area and belly button. He said it helps healing and is soothing, and is often used for burns. So far I'm very pleased :) when I take my shower I'll add another picture of my belly button and taped incision :) here are some I took today though
Looking great even just seeing the bandages!!! Happy your still feeling well.. Never heard of using silvedene! I have it maybe I should give it a try also!! Lol can't wait to see in bandaged pics :)
Excited for you & so happy that you are doing so great! You are helping those of us who haven't done it, with our stress level :) keep posting!! :)
Thanks for the pictures and update...hope you get some good rest in. :)

A pic!

Lifted my bandages, hoping it's just me standing at an angle that my bb looks off center!
How were you able to put on those cute sandals in the Pic U posted today?? LOL .....I never even took off my shirt and pants for 2 days LOL!!
Sorry...I accidentally hit send!!! Love love love the bathing suit shot! Congrats!
Amazing!

First shower!

Feel so much better. Washed my body and reapplied cream and gauze. Got a good pic though! Very pleased so far!!!
Congrats! You are looking great! What cream are you using?
Never mind in just saw the name in your post. :)
He put it on me in office at my day 1 post op appointment. It was a prescription cream so I was surprised he didn't prescribe it before the surgery like he did everything else. Hope it doesn't mean he was concerned about my healing! But he did say he used it with all his patients now hmmmm

Day 2 post op

Today my initial excitement has worn off and I've been sleeping a lot and finally relaxing! I sent a pic (attached) to a friend considering a mommy makeover and she asked if I've always had a "puffy taco"! Haha! I said no but it was droopy before and now it's perky even if it is puffy! I love my new girl though and my new curves! Pain has been about the same and I'm cutting down my hydrocodone and Valium intake. Just doing 1 every 7-8 hours instead of 2 every 6. Hope to switch to Tylenol in the next couple of days :)
Wow! Loving your results. You like great!!!
You look awesome before so I'm sure you'll looking amazing now! Can't wait to see without your bandages!
Yay u look sooooooo good!!!! You're making me super excited!!! As soon as u get the chance and feel good enough put a pic with ur panties/bikini to See how much is covered.

Second shower and pics

Just took my second shower and tried on some panties. My xs panties will not cover scar but my smalls will! Tummy is feeling really hard and so is mons area but overall still happy. Cutting back on pain meds and napping like crazy. Am yet to have a BM, may do milk of magnesia tomorrow (been taking colace since day 1).

As my mom was dressing me I asked if it still grossed her out. She said no that it looks good but it's my boobs she is bothered by! Ugh. Just got stomach fixed lol! Don't want to think about boobs yet :-/
Congratulations!!! you look great, wishing you a fast recovery.
You will be sooooooo happy I'm 5 weeks post and LOVE IT, I still have days I want to take a pain pill but it's the best feeling ever congrats!
Your too cute!! You look great, and don't worry about boobs yet, finish your healing with this first :) I think I may do a lift next yr too.. Lol but waiting to finish my TT healing first.. Feel good and continue to rest

Day 3 post op update

Well I took my pain meds around 6pm last night and slept in a drug induced haze until 9am! I thought for sure id wake up in pain but I was okay. Only thing was I had a bad headache so I think I'm ready to switch to Tylenol. I've been sleeping very comfortably on the sofa the past few nights. I'm going a little site crazy being stuck in the house but know I need the rest.
The morning of my surgery I was 103.2 and when I got home I weighed myself out of curiosity and was 107.8! This morning I was 101.8.
Yesterday the doctor said I didn't have much muscle separation which may be why my recovery hasn't been bad. He said he removed a good size piece of skin and there wasn't much fat there. I still have all 3 drains but they're not draining much now.
I love my perky mons area! I can't wait for jeans shopping and hope my scar will be hidden :) not much else to update, just taking it easy! Hope everyone is healing well and good luck to those with upcoming surgeries!!!
Looking awesome!!! I know exactly how u felt about all that crazy skin....glad it's all gone:-)
Your boobs are not gross. Sure they can be improved if that's what you choose. But I just want you to know I think you were gorgeous even before the tummy tuck. When I first saw your review (pre op) I even said that out loud and my husband asked what I was talking about and peeked over my shoulder. By his reaction, he thinks your hot. :).
Omg haha! You are so sweet. That made me laugh (kind of hurt). I'm my own biggest critic of course and after my divorce I needed a little pick me up. Thank you for the kind words they really made my evening! Hope you're doing well!

Day 4 update

I woke up at 101.0 which is about where I should be since he removed that skin and I was 103 the morning of surgery. I quit pain pills, only used 1/2 the bottle of the hydrocodone and 10 of 30 Valium. I've been applying the silvadene cream to middle of my tummy where I get most swollen and a little red maybe from the gauze always covering it?
I took pics first thing this morning since I've read that's when women look the flattest. I've peeked under my scar tape and notice the skin isn't healed together. How long does it take for incision to smooth out? My next appointment is Monday.
How often did you ladies take a shower once you were given the ok and did you wash your tummy? I skipped the shower last night.
As far as the drains go, they're pretty annoying but I'm terrified of them coming out. They're hardly draining anything anymore but most of my swelling seems to be above incision in middle of tummy. I can't even see the incision under my belly button because the ball of swelling! It's like when I had to lift up my skin to see my cs scar haha!
Another big day of no plans since I'm confined to this house! How are you ladies coping? Reading? Tv? Napping? wishing everyone happy healing!!!!

The white cream on my incision and stomach is the silvadene. I'll try and add a pic after I clean it up and before I reapply it, just wanted pics first thing in morning :)
First I have to say you are so adorable! Your pre-op pics look great with you all dolled up, can barely tell you have an issue with your tummy. You will look absolutely amazing when you recover. I had a mommy makeover 10 weeks ago including a tummy tuck. My first few showers I would just let the soapy water run over my incisions. I was very careful until my stitches came out (I had dissolvable and external stitches). Once they were out I gently washed the incision site. It is also very important not to over exert yourself the first month to 6 weeks. I followed this advice and at post op day 16 went back to work but I have a desk job, so not strenuous and I would go home back to my recliner with my feet up. My hubby was so great to take care of everything while I rested. My drains were removed on day three since I wasn't draining much by then. And the swelling will last for months to come. It was at its worst the first couple of weeks then didn't hurt so bad but annoying. By week four I felt like a human again, with a numb belly. Today at 10 weeks I feel completely normal, but still with a partial numb belly. It is below the scar line directly under my new amazing and weird belly button, just about 4 inches wide. So not the entire belly. But the swelling still occurs, just more noticeable to me than anyone else. I wore my bikini this year and was so happy my saggy stomach (and saggy boobs) were a thing of the past. Oh and not sure if you are hunched over, but I was and that was gone around post op day 12. You will be so glad you did this! I know I am!
Thanks for the shower advice! My ps took off tape on middle of incision at day 1 post op and gave me the ok to shower. Didn't know how much to wash though or how little. The ends of my tape that are still covered are dark in one spot so I guess that means they bled? I'll ask on Monday at my appt. the hardest thing for me to do is rest. Thankfully I'm a teacher and have 10 weeks of rest!
I sent u a message in your inbox

Goodnight!

Another day of healing is complete and I can't wait to wake up more flat (hopefully)! I took a pic after shower to show the stretch marks and swelling but it doesn't bother me! Still feeling over the moon happy with this decision :) good night, ladies, and happy healing!
You are looking great!!!
Yeah it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Didn't hurt at all really. :) I've been good. The worst pain was probably yesterday from stooping over the last few days. My back has been hurting a bit. I'm very surprised the MR doesn't hurt more than it does. Overall I feel like I'm healing well. :)

Happy Fathers Day

Happy Fathers Day, everyone! I had initially planned on spending the day at home relaxing until my brother called and asked if I wanted to go see my dad (he lives an hour away). We got him a keurig because he's always complaining about his old coffee pot. I love my keurig, but he didn't seem too excited when we gave it to him lol.
I guess today is my day of pity because I woke up with a stiff neck (I guess five nights of sleeping on a couch will do that), and just felt swollen and pudgy. My stomach is so hard above the incision and the drain sites are irritating me. Don't get me wrong, I still love my decision and results but wish the healing process wasn't such a.... Process.

Every morning I look forward to taking progress pictures so here are my day 5 morning progress pictures.

Ladies, when did your scars start to heal and when did you start treatments and what did you use? Thanks for any tips and advice :)
Looking great! I would take a pain pill prior to drain removal. I had one drain, but is was in the same general area as yours (top of the mons) and it hurt. Not terrible hurt but stung/burned and I was glad I had taken a pill.
You look absolutely fabulous! You're waist is so tiny! Love your results!
Aw thank you! I tried on some pre op jeans that would be my goal to wear without muffin top and they are far from zipping, so I still have quite a bit of swelling!

Day 6 appointment today!

Well today was day 6 and I had high hopes of drain removal. The nurse took out or cut the stitches and removed the tape from the rest of my incision. They said everything looks great! However, I can't wear bras with wire so I bought a new cami style bra at target afterwards. They lathered me up in the silvadene cream and covered with gauze. Dr. Lawton gave me a very in depth explanation of the cream but mostly I just understood it's magical, haha! ok I do understand more but wouldn't want to confuse anyone with my extensive knowledge and in depth medical explanations ;-)

I'm pleased with my incision and am posting pictures. They did say a drain would probably come out Wednesday (day 8 PO) and the nurse said hed most likely want to see me again on Friday then Monday! My moms last day off work was today so she's going to go back to Austin. I'll be here alone in my home with no driving abilities ahhhhh! Good thing I have a huge summer reading list!

I'm finding it tricky to dress and disguise the drains so I've attached pictures. I put one in each bra up and one on my thigh, don't want it to look like a ummmm bulge though if you know what I mean. Anyways, hope everyone is having a productive Monday!
Love the dress!
So glad your appt went good. You are looking fab! I found a cute maxi @ kohls in petite section & it's short enough. I'm 5'1 :) so glad your doing well.
Oh yeah I forgot about kohls! Their petite section isn't bad, often petite is targeted at an older crowd but sometimes I find a good buy! I am SO swollen after a long day. I feel huge :(

It's been one week!!!

Well, ladies, I thought it was just Tuesday but a RS friend reminded me it is my one week mark. I wasn't even going to update today since not much has changed but now I must. I slept til noon, how?! I'm worried I'm going to fall back into my insomniac ways. I still have all drains and they're draining anywhere from 3-12mm/ cc per day, so very little. I despise the feeling with milking the drains. It isn't painful, just strange. I was 103.2lbs the morning of surgery and 99.6lbs when I woke up today. I'm wearing super sexy lingerie in my 1 week pics so try and focus on the incision and progress ;) I'm happy with my healing. I don't think the ends of my incision are beautiful, but I'm not concerned about them either. I think they'll flatten based on blogs I've seen here. Tomorrow I should have at least my right drain removed. I know I'll take a pain pill before and will update with how that appointment goes.
My caregiver, my mother, went back to work in Austin yesterday so I'm alone in my apartment for 6 days without driving privileges! Yikes!
In other news, I booked my flight to New York City for end of July so advice would be appreciated!
You are looking awesome. Its fun to read your updates because we had our surgeries the same day. I am worried about insomnia too! I've had issues sleeping although it may just be because I have to sleep on my back and I am horribly uncomfortable. You look further along than one week. Standing nice and straight. So happy for you! Just imagine what the two week mark will bring!!!
What is your swelling like as the day progresses? And are you considering taking anything to sleep, is anything safe? Lol what I would so to sleep on my stomach again!!!! Or even my side!!!
I really keep my binder on nice and snug the whole day. I only remove it when it is necessary. (shower, ice pack for a few minutes) So I don't get a good look at how it is changing throughout the day. (although sometimes it feels tighter than others) I still notice swelling in my lady area lol. Not as bad as the first few days though, that's for sure. I used to take melatonin before surgery but am not right now and am not sure if it is safe after surgery or not. (probably is) But that worked wonders for me. I am going to try to tough it out for a while but if the sleeping gets worse then i will ask my PS if that is an option right now. I certainly wouldn't take anything that wasn't natural. (don't want to add to the craziness that's already been put into my body recently with all the pain meds etc) Let me know if you find anything that helps!!!

Day 8 appointment update!

Well since my mom returned to work on Monday I had to ask my 87 year old great grandmother to drive me to my appointment. Talk about a scary ride :-/ the nurse said I could drive to/from appointments as long as I'm not taking pain meds and feel okay so I'm very relieved! The dreaded drain removal happened today and I told the nurse I've been scared of this since pre op! The stitch clipping HURT and I told her I wanted to cry. She said to take a deep breath because she was going to remove my right drain really quick. It wasn't bad at all! Hardly even noticed :) she then clipped some more stitches and said things looked good.
Dr. Lawton came in and said my color was nicely healing so I can stop the silvadene cream. I had to go by walgreens again though for small gauze pads and neosporin for my drain site. I am to treat it twice/ day. I still have two drains and one should be removed on Friday and the last on Monday! I asked her when I can ummm groom myself down there and it looks like it will be a while bc the drains yikes! Then they said 2 weeks til my next appt thank goodness :)
I asked about the marble like ball of swell I see above my belly button (attaching a pic) and he said it's not swelling, it's the belly button stitch! He poked at it and I felt what he was talking about! I guess I was too swollen the first few days to notice it :) I'm so happy! Only downside is they said I can't take anything to help me sleep so it looks like I'll become nocturnal again :-/ I even quit coffee and sodas! Oh well, I trust them and will follow their advice! Happy healing my RS friends!
Wow your results look great!! I'm on day 10 post op! You were already so thin, I wonder why they put so many drains... I only had one and had it removed 7 days later. Healing fast! Good luck to you and GO SPURS!!!!
This is embarrassing to ask, but after how many weeks post op will it be ok to resume sex
Good question!!! I have not had the courage to yet lol but I'd like to know as well:)

Day 10 appointment

So today I had my day ten post op appointment. They removed the second of three drains and yowza! The first didn't hurt at all, only a sting when she cut the stitch. Today the stitch cut didn't hurt but that pull out wow! I felt it in my stomach stinging for about 15 mins. I hope the third drain isn't bad! I have another appointment on Monday which is when they'll remove the final drain. I'm draining less than 10 mg/ cc per day ( I never had a lot of fluid, just wanted to remove them slowly)

I asked the doctor when I could spray tan and he said MONTHS! I thought a month tops but he used it in the plural form :-( I guess people will have to like my pale skin this summer! I would attach a picture of drain site after removal but it's taped with gauze and I still can't shave down there with the third drain. I'm doing y'all a favor, really.

The doctor did tell me I can start wearing something for compression in a few weeks to help with the swell. I have tons of spanx and other type garments because of that stomach I used to have to hide!

I feel like I look good already and I'm down about 3# from surgery morning weight. I gave my pre op pants another shot and attached a picture. So believe me I AM very swollen still! I didn't really believe it until I saw how far from buttoning my pants I am.

Don't know how many more books I can read without going crazy for human interaction. Last night I watched something about tombs and mummies (historical, not horror) and I am dying to go to Egypt. When I was about nine I would carry around books about king tut, so maybe one day! All this time alone with my thoughts could be dangerous! ;-) happy weekend, ladies!
Isn't it crazy how things don't fit! You would think after losing all the skin and dropping lbs, that's the one thing that still blows my mind! Mine still don't close at 3 weeks PO.. So dresses it has been for me! Lol well you look great and I'm sorry your drain removal hurt this time.. Hope the next is ok!
Yes I couldn't believe the pants are still so far from fitting! I look pretty flat and scale was down so I thought id give it a go. I know the summer heat doesn't help either! My rings always get tighter when it's hot. Going to check your review in a bit!
Ouch doesn't it hurt to even try to close those jeans? Why didn't your dr remove all the drains? They appear to be empty. Are you also wearing a garment all day?

Feeling disappointed tonight :-(

I guess I'm having one of those days where I just mope around and pity myself. I feel like my scar is so much higher than others here and I guess I didn't expect that because I was thin with A LOT of excess skin to work with. I put on some of my more conservative panties, nowhere near my low cut ones. The only way I could cover my scar was to pull them up really high and give myself a massive camel toe! Ouch! Let's not forget to mention that bikini bottoms are almost all lower than a panty line would be. Looks like I'm destined to one pieces... Which I was comfortably wearing prior to this surgery :-( am I flatter and happy to be rid of the skin? Yes. Do I wish I could show it off now? Yes, but that seems unlikely. Ok, I'm done feeling sorry for myself!
Tomorrow I should have my last drain removed then be free to go stay with my mom for two weeks . My son came home today and he ran into my apartments parking lot completely naked and laughing while I yelled and hobbled behind him, he had a good ten feet on me though! How am I going to do this?! And I had two kind neighbors offer assistance but still I was pretty embarrassed.
Aww mumma your looking amazing. And I think you are only going to look even more amazing with time :)
Just checked out your story! You look amazing! It's hard to gauge results until you're further into recovery! Congrats!
We all have those days where we feel down and upset. Hang in there your still early I was following this other girl story and her scar was high and with time after the swelling went down she was able to put on the low rise undies. :) happy healing. Good luck with your son.

2 weeks appointment

Ok so I'm not two weeks until tomorrow and I post pics then but thought I'd update because I had my appointment today. So relieved that I can join the rest of you in the drain free club. I asked her to see it when she pulled it out (I had eyes closed the previous two removals) because I was curious. Then a 2" blood clot followed it. GRoSS.
I posted a pic in my monokini I wore pre op bc I'm depressed I'll have to give it away :-(
Dr said I can start a compression garment and I already have some similar to the style he prefers so that's good. Hope everyone had a productive Monday!
I agree with what the other ladies are saying... remember you have a lot of healing to do, so don't get rid of it! You are looking fabulous and continue to improve so just give yourself time.
Thank you:) I just hope it fades very well!
You look great! The scar will fade in time and not be quite so noticeable! At least you have a waist! I don't I'm 11 days PO today and while I realize I've never been very curvy, now I realize I'm kinda straight up and down in the curves dept! Lol wait a few more weeks and then like someone else said try on different types of bottoms, you'll find one that will look awesome on you I'm sure! :)

2 week pictures and update

Well I blog a lot here so not much to update. I do have a new fear of choking and needing the heimlich and destroying muscle repair... But besides that not much to update. Swelling is about the same and my measurements are the exact same as pre op (1/2 inch difference not worth noting). I will update when and if I see a change in measurements which I believe I will when swelling is down and pants fit again!
So I'm really pale. I have a date Saturday and can't spray tan so I can't wear any of my pretty neon summer clothing I bought when I tanned lol. If any fair skinned friends have advice on colors that won't make me look washed out I would appreciate it ;)
My pre op weight was 102.4 And my 2 week post op weight was 99.2. Pics are attached comparing 1 week to 2 weeks "progress". If you look reeeeeally close then maybe you'll see it hehe!
I see a huge difference in the swelling!! I am scheduled with dr lawton on aug 19 and just worried that I won't feel up to working after 2 weeks but you seemed to have a smooth recovery, so you are giving me hope :) I think the scar looks great, I have seen some on here that look crooked.
I've had a very easy recovery! Dr lawton saw me almost every 2 days for the first 2 weeks! I hope my review can be helpful to you. I know he doesn't have many reviews here and I was desperately searching for feedback before I put my life in his hands :) His scar is very symmetrical and matches my body well. I think my bb is slightly off center but looking back at pre op it always was off center haha. Also, when I compare the progress pics I can see the scar is moving down slightly. Congrats on your decision, please keep in touch!
I can see the difference on the scar it looks like it's getting lower and I like the shape your surgeon did it will look really natural like the curve of your body. Don't worry about it too much it looks great!!! You are healing wonderful

Drain site progress

Well, ladies, I was given the ok to shave so I can finally post some pictures of my drain sites. The one on my right (camera left) has been out for over a week. The one on camera right has been out for 6 days, and the middle has been out for 3 days. The middle drain stayed in for 13 days total and it itched for about 2 days after removal. It looked red around the site but I wasn't sure if it was because i had been scratching so much. I'm posting pictures of how they look now with this much healing time. There has been no discharge of any type from the drain sites since the removal.
Everything looks great! Your drain sites won't even be noticeable!! You look fabulous!
Everything is still looking great. I can't believe you had that one drain so long! Seems like you're healing well. :)
No kidding! I read that the longer they're in, the longer your body reacts to the foreign object... Hence my crazy itching!!!! So glad to be drain free and able to wear clothes again!

Daily Swell: the struggle is real

So I thought i would share about my daily swelling and post some photos of it. I always thought the women here were exaggerating when I read their tales of "swell hell" but I was wrong! I'm 2.5 weeks post op. I took it pretty easy today. I stayed home with my son and we took a two hour nap. I wore my spanx for compression but a small isn't enough to offer the compression I need (small is for sizes 4-6).
Tomorrow I have a movie date (theater with reclining seats thank goodness) and I showed my mom the dress I wanted to wear. She asked if I was going to wear a girdle with it and I said that I was actually wearing one now :-/
Another thing worth noting is that I also think my belly button is slightly off center but it may have been before surgery.... Who knows! Trying to be happy instead of pick at every little thing.
Lol well here are some pictures for your pleasure :-)
I feel like we're swelling similarly. I have gotten pretty flat in the center of incision right about pubic area (only about 1 inch though). The majority of my puffiness is at my hips and a bump above my belly button. I have a previous scar there though, so I hope it's not there to stay. if it is, I will see what PS can do to fix it. I am 7 weeks today! Dr. said I don't have to wear binder, but I can't imagine how much MORE swollen I'd be if I didn't wear it.
We're all in this together lol!! Too bad we can't meet in person to talk about our traumatizing swelling issues:-/
I'm waiting for a compression garment I ordered online bc the ones in store weren't small enough and just left me uncomfortable plus swollen! Tomorrow I'll be three weeks and will post pics. I read a review today where the swell above incision was left over fat and that worries me because I didn't have any lipo. I'd hate to pay another 2-3K for lipo!!! Hoping for the best though!

3 weeks post op

Today I am 3 weeks post op! I have no pain, just some discomfort by the end of the day. My pre op clothes are still nowhere near fitting, and my evening swelling is at it's all time worst. I think my upper abs near rib cage look less square from the side but my lower stomach is still big. I am still convinced my belly button is off center and I'm still sad that the scar is so high and no panties cover it. I was 101.0 this morning and gained 2.5 pounds over the weekend oops! Gotta get that off but it won't be a problem. I also noticed when I put on matching panties and bra for you ladies today that my bra was tighter, I hope due to swelling?
Let's move on to things I am happy about though. I'm very happy that I don't have saggy and loose skin. I'm glad that I can move around well and it doesn't hurt so much to sneeze at this point. I'm thankful my recovery thus far has been smooth. I do like the shape of my scar just wish it was lower on the hips. I have my one month appt next week and my doctor will not be seeing me, only the nurse. I hope I can start scar treatment then! And yes my date went well, I'll even post a pic from that ;)
Looking great! How are you feeling? Has swelling let up at all?
Thanks! I'm feeling good, maybe too good. I've gained almost four pounds in the past week ugh! I did get a garment I ordered online that fits appropriately so it's helping with my comfort and swelling :)
Wow! You are looking amazing! :) loving the date night outfit!

Met another milestone tonight :)

Okay so everything seems about the same at a little over 3 weeks post op. I felt discouraged seeing so many rolls when I slouch and will post that picture. I couldn't help but wonder if it's skin or fat underneath? I also read somewhere that hunching has to do with how tight the skin was pulled and I was hardly hunched at all hours after surgery. I know I had a TON of extra skin and expected a very low scar and excellent result. Id be lying if I said I didn't feel a little disappointed. So on to the big news....
With a waist and belly disproportionate to my teeny legs, it was almost impossible for me to wear jeans. I found a pair at old navy on clearance that were the skinny jeans ankle crop. Well I'm 5' and they fit me full length and actually were tight on my legs! They were my tightest size 0 pants before surgery and my goal was to wear them without muffin top. I posted a pic here a while back still a couple of inches from closing. I hid them in the bottom of my drawer.
Tonight when swelling was at its worst I decided to give them another shot! And voila! They fit! A little bit of muffin but I'm excited I can wear them with fitted tops in the future and I can foresee cute outfits in the months to come :) yAY!!!
Don't get discouraged, I too have a roll when I sit! It is hard to look at after paying all that money! I know exactly what you are going through, but keep in mind you are still recovering! Good luck, I think you look amazing!!!
I think you look great. If I sit hunched over I have little rolls too. I am just trying really hard to eat well and work out. I figure I can control the body fat. At least that's the plan ;)
How are you doing? I haven't been getting updates for some reason so wanted to check in with everyone :) hope your feeling great!!! One month this week right? It's crazy how fast this is going!!!

four week update!

Sorry I haven't been around much the past few days. I had been staying with my mom this summer so she could help me with my son while I recover. She and I have a rough past (she was gone for most of my childhood) and she became a part of my life again about four years ago. She said some hurtful words to me and I packed up and left and headed back home with my son. I've been busy with him and adjusting to taking care of him alone. I feel bad because I cant really take him anywhere because I cant lift him in and and out of his car seat and he likes to have terrible two tantrums. I worry that if he has a meltdown when we are out in public because he wants or doesnt want something, or doesnt want to leave... that I physically cant make him leave. So we have just been hanging out around the apartment. My grandma comes over to take him to our pool (I wish I could swim with him).
So the tummy tuck... I did have a morning where I caught a glimpse of myself around 3 1/2 weeks post op that I thought, "wow, I look thin today". I'll post a picture of it. I don't feel "fat" by any means, but i feel like I look bloated even though I dont feel bloated. I really hope thats swelling, opinions are welcome! I've been wearing a leonisa garment and it is comfortable. I dont know that it holds it in well and will post a picture of that too. Scar seems to be doing well so far and at my appointment tomorrow I will ask about using the gel they provided me. I'll blog again tomorrow after my one month appointment :)
Hey gorgeous! First off, I see you're healing wonderfully! You are very thin and petite, but u just had major surgery sweetie, I'm 9 weeks and I still swell bad some days. Not all my clothes fits yet because my tummy hips and thighs are not 100% yet. It's going to take time, I've accepted that and I'm looking fwd to my 6 month milestone. What one sees in the mirror may be distorted at times because how we feel inside, but you are not bloated u are just healing and well:-) ive found that those of us with MR take longer. Also try not to stress it can slow down recovery. Easier said than done i know:-( best wishes!
Hey. I'm sorry your having trouble with your mom, hope things get better. I honestly think you look amazing. I have a roll too when I sit down I guess it's normal and it will get better with time. I was able to lift my daughter at 2 weeks but she's only 20 pounds hopefully tomorrow when you see the doctor he gives you the ok to carry your son. I get you the tantrums in public my daughter does that all the time if I don't get her what she wants. Good luck with your son hope you feel better. If you don't mind me asking how old are you?.
Just read your update. I'm sorry you had an argument with your mom.. Go slow and do what you have to do with your son... My PS said I could lift my daughter at 4 weeks (she's 4 and about 38lbs) also I was able to finally swim at 4 weeks! So ask your PS if your allowed to do these things. Besides that try to relax... You look wonderful! I'm swelling still also.. Will post on Thursday for the world to see.. Lol I'm there with you! Xo

One month check up!

So technically I'm not one month until tomorrow but since my one month appointment was today I will go ahead and do this now! I came in with only three questions:
1. Can I begin scar treatment? Yes, the nurse said it looks good and I can start using the scar gel they provided me in my pre op kit.
2. Can I lift my son? He is 28#. The nurse remembered him and said I can lift him but to just be careful.
3. Can I swim? I asked this because my son likes to go to our apartment pool. She said I can swim just not laps or anything and not to over do it.
Do I wear sunscreen underneath swimsuit!?! Will I need a one piece to keep scar and bb more properly covered?

Nurse also said it was ok to sleep on my stomach which I've been doing for the past few days anyways. I know when I sleep on my side I swell more on that side. So maybe I've been more middle swollen since I've been sleeping on my stomach again?

She said they'll see me back in 4 weeks for an 8 week appointment. That's when he prefers his patients to resume normal activities and just so happens to be 2 days before I go back to work:)
You look great! I'm 23 days post op today & look & feel just like you. I've worried about how I look when I sit too & wondered how much is swelling/skin/fat. Your 1 month progress update is amazing!
*look & feel like you did at 23 days PO :)
So glad I feel almost normal!! It's hard to see progress sometimes but even comparing one week to four weeks I can see changes :)

BIKINI!

Well since my nurse told me I could go swimming I decided I needed a swimsuit. I had originally planned to use my one piece miraclesuit from last year but I couldn't find it. Today at the mall I stopped by dillards to look at swimsuits again. I tried on a few monokinis with no luck. Then, I saw a rack with Trina Turk swimwear. I had saw one I really liked at nordstrom. com and it was a one piece, so I thought maybe they had it. Well, they didnt, but there were some bikinis. They say to order one size up for swimwear so I would be a 2. They only had a four in the bottom, and the top I got a two! I have to pull it up a bit high but it doesn't look goofy like some do when pulled up! YAY!!
love your new bikini! you are really looking awesome!!!
I even picked up a one piece yesterday without trying it on. Feels good to not have to use the fitting room all the time!
Love it! You look great!

Having a skinny day!

I've had a couple of skinny days so I thought they were worth documenting :-D I'm almost five weeks and it is so crazy to think ill be 6 weeks next week! They say swelling goes down around 6 weeks, right? And final result idea around 3mos? I'm posting some pictures. I also picked up a cute one piece from old navy for like $20, didn't even try it on first :) I've been using my scar gel religiously and I think I'm seeing improvement!

I'm trying to take it easy but felt so great when my son went with his dad for the weekend that I cleaned my apt and some decorating. Just wanted to update that things do get better!!!
You look great! Hip bones!!!!! Yayayay!!!!! Lol love the one piece also, I have to grab one also because with the kids it's easier to actually "play" in the pool with them! Your looking super skinny girly! Xo
Wow your tummy looks really flat. Love the bathing suit :)
Woman you're ready for a two piece!! The one piece is cute but show off that flat tummy:-)

5 weeks and ouch!!!

So yesterday I went swimming with my toddler for the first time. I wore my one piece with SPF 70 underneath and felt sexy ;) when we came back after about an hour I was a little swollen and we both got in the bath tub to rinse off. He complained he didn't want a shower so we did a bath. I laid back to rinse my hair in the tub (not even wash) and he slipped and caught his 28.4# self on my stomach!!!!! It all happened so quickly I can't recall much detail. I know I didn't hear any pops and he caught with one, maybe 2 hands, and not his whole body. I cried. He cried. I'm going to call my ps today but everything looks and feels the same.
My measurements. So I sent a RS friend pictures and she wanted to know my measurements. I told her they had not really changed when I did them a couple of weeks post op but to humor her I took them again. Guess what! Big changes! I'm posting a picture. I took measurements at smallest part of waist, biggest part of tummy, and hips where butt is the largest (which isn't big for me).
Other news. I went through an older vs swim catalogue looking at their belly buttons. Good news! My round bb won't prevent me from becoming a Victoria's Secret model ;) because most of theirs are round, with the exception of one who doesn't have one. And yes I'll post that disturbing picture too!
I've been using my scar gel twice/ day for a week and I think it looks better already! Posting a picture even if only I can see the difference :)
omg, your posts are awesome - funny and everything... and love the details! keep posting PO pix!! I want to see the progression of your scar. ok, few ?s... on the 6/12 post - what's a "mons"?? love the story of your 87yo grandma. haha!!! what a sweetie! and what's Colace? I've heard other RSers mention it - might have to go get some too. is that for use PO? well, I have a friend who's just as skinny as you and as much, if not more, saggy belly skin to start. she's probably 5' and 90 lbs, too. she so wants a TT but got boobs instead - not too big for her size, very natural saline 300s. I'm excited to show her your pix because she'll love seeing your TT work! and boy, those drain pix - holy drains!! very scary (I'm still 18 days pre)... thanks for sharing - I think. ;)
lol thanks for the comment! The mons pubis is the pubic area above vagina. Colace is a stool softener so that when you do have a bowel movement it won't be as painful. I had it after my c section and you can get it over the counter :) that's crazy your friend chose boobies over fixing a saggy belly! My breasts are so droopy from weight loss and extended breastfeeding but I couldn't stand my stomach! A nice bra will support my breasts for now ;)
yeah, understand. I saw pix of her belly and I was like - wth?!! mine isn't anything to brag about either but I just like pudgy fat. hers look kinda like yours but even more "drapes" - I told her they look like curtains. yeah, I'd prob fix the TT, too. but honestly, for the price upgrade doing both via MM, I'm happier going that route and she should've, too.

6 weeks!!!!!!!!

I can't believe today makes six weeks post op! Today my restrictions are lifted and I'm free to do most any physical activity ;)
As a special treat to you RS friends I took my six week pics in my newest lingerie, and I'm a bit swollen this morning because of all the six week celebrating last night ;)
When I was buying panties I had to buy a medium because I needed more material to cover my scar, I usually wear xs!
I am still using my scar gel twice/ day but must confess there was a day or two that I used it only once. I had a 2 day pre k curriculum conference at the San Antonio riverwalk over the weekend and that was my first taste of back to work. It was exhausting and I was as swollen as ever, but it felt nice to be around adults again. Enjoy the pics and happy healing, my friends!
Hey there! You are looking fabulous! I wouldn't listen to any negative comments about your scar because it WILL fade! I've had some friends who have had tt's & you can barely see their scar. It just takes some time. It is still very new. You are a beautiful, young girl inside & out. Thank you for always sharing your journey with us. It's helped me so much & I'm sure you've helped & inspired others on RS too.
You look amazing! Your scar has faded so much after only 1 week of scar therapy. If it keeps fading at that rate you are not going to be able to see it all all!! Happy healing : )
your scar is fading! it looks great. Mine is still bright but getting better all of the time. patience patience : )

Community of support?

Today was my last day in NYC and I am blogging from the JFK airport. I had a fabulous weekend but was quite disturbed to read a comment posted to my blog. I've always felt so comforted by my RS sisters and look to you ladies for the mutually beneficial relationship of support as we go through all stages of surgery.
I am so upset to have read a comment that made me feel incredibly insecure and bad about myself when I didn't initially feel that upset about my post surgery results. How sad to point out imperfections and make someone feel worse about themselves!
Anyways, to end on a lighter note... Here are some photos from my trip!
I love your curves! & your tummy is so flat I can imagine how fab! your waist line will be 1 year post op. Oh & do not let that negative comment get in the way of your happiness! :)
Loving the crop top. You look really pretty. Ignore the negative comments you look really good and your scar looks much better. Hope you had fun on your trip. :)
Look at you in a hot little crop top ;)

Update...

Friends, I'm so sorry I haven't been as active here as I usually am! Today I'm going to catch up on all of your updates and respond to messages! I've been so busy with NYC and exhausted when I came home and then hurt by comments that solely point out the negative and made me feel worse about it than I already did.
I've done some reflecting and today I'm posting to talk about what I'm happy about and thankful for:) I'm so thankful for all of your kind words. I'm proud of my weight loss and my "thigh gap", toned legs, thin arms, and my collar and hip bones making an appearance. I'm loving my waist line and new curves that are result of my surgery.
Yesterday I actually shopped on the pink side of vs and got 5 for 26 panties (I've always been a 3 for 33 panty shopper). The ones I'm wearing are my size, XS, don't look granny, and they cover my scar and accent my figure. And maybe I'm not an RN, but I am seeing a cardiologist and he's had NO complaints with my body and recovery ;)
You look great!!! Loved reading your update and all the positivity you have :) your healthy and beautiful, and woohoo on shopping on the pink side!! Lol love it!!! Keep staying positive that's what it's all about girly xo
Hi hon thank u for sharing ur process xx u do look sensational x I can't imagine that someone would put u down on here would u mind sending me the comment privately so I can see if it was directed at u x maybe they ere thing about an op that they googled x I've not come across anyone that'd put anyone down xx u have come so far and hey do u get told u could be angels a jollies double x ur a very pretty girl with a figure to die for xx take all the good and keep it with u anything negative fk it off I don't need it xx u still have a lot of healing to do and that scar will fade and u will have ur dream in time u watch hon xx u look amazing I swear xx very pretty girl xx can't wait for ur next update x as for mothers mines been a dragon since I was born so I've kept away from it for all my life x I've tried now n then but baaaah I don't have shit in my life including wholes that put me down or in a bad mood xxx again u look amazing xxx talk soon x here's some glitter for magic thoughts xx u go girl u look great and ur doing well x how'd u go after ur son landed on u ?? R u feeling ok today xx I'd love to hear more and talk more xxxx
I think your results are amazing. I wish I looked as good as your one week post op as I do now at 5 weeks post op! I critique myself too but if anyone else did so I would be upset too. Love the pink one peice. I think it flatters your petite stature. You look great!

Jeans!

Went to the buckle today to get some jeans that are appropriate for work. I haven't been sized in forever and have just been getting cheap old navy jeans in size 0. To my surprise I was a 24! That's like a 00. So please... PLEASE don't waste a second of your life feeling sorry for me because not many women can wear size 24 jeans after having children. And the last thing on my mind when I'm rockin those jeans will be feelings of sympathy towards anyone else. As long as you're happy, that's what matters. Who cares if your scar is high or wraps way around your back?! That will fade, as will the bikini cut styles as fashion trends come and go.... And believe me they do. Happy Wednesday!

Pictures didn't attach

Here ya go!
Hi! Hope you are doing well. :)
Hey girly! Just checking in with you.. Haven't seen an update from you lately.. Hope your doing well and the lack of updates is due to you enjoying how great you look and feel! :)
Thinking of u! Hope all is going well!

Back to work

Sorry I haven't updated or checked this in a while. The sudden drama wasn't worth it and I also went back to work aug 13 so I've been busy! I found out I'm grade level team leader as well as a mentor teacher to a first year teacher. I am SO glad that I had ten weeks before returning to work! I work at an early childhood-8th grade academy at a public school district. I'm certified to teach prek-4th and this is my fifth year with pre k. I have a young group! One was even in diapers. I've had to do a lot of carrying and consoling and am emotionally and physically drained.
My swelling seems about the same and there hasn't been anything tummy tuck related to update about. No news is good news, right? My weight flucyuates between 98-102 and is about 100 right now. My measurements are the same, if not slightly higher since I've been so active and probably still seeing some swelling just shy of 3mos post op. My bb scar is almost invisible :)
As far as scar treatment goes, I haven't been as proactive as I should but try to use the gel at least once/ day about 3-5x/wk
You look SO great, thanks for sharing
You look amazing!
You look great!

4mos update

I saw my doctor on October 1, a little less than 4mos post op. Says I'm healing well and that I can spray tan, which I've been doing for a couple of months though but covering my scar with tape because I was paranoid of that color getting in my scar :-/ I really love my bb and the scar is almost invisible. There's a hood of skin he said we can remove to help with that ledge appearance, but it doesn't bother me. I was more concerned with the tag like formation, but he thinks it will flatten still. My bb has been smelling and I've been keeping it dry and clean, hopefully that stops!
Went shopping and I'm a 00 :-) hope everyone is finding themselves well and loving their bodies

4months pictures

Nevermind

Issues uploading my pictures, will try again later!
Wow! You look amazing! Thank you for sharing your journey and especially for posting so many photos! Like they say, "a picture is worth a 1000 words"!
Thank u for ur story and u look sensational xxx
Looking good !!!
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Updating my doctor review at 2 weeks post op. I've had many follow up appointments and most wait times have been minimal. Dr. Lawton is quick with me but does answer my questions. I saw through other reviews that he calls to check on them the evening after the surgery, but that was not my experience. The nurses are fabulous and beautiful. The office and surgical center are great as well.