Tummy Tuck in August - San Antonio, TX

I am 34 y/o have 2 children ages 15 and 3. I weigh...

I am 34 y/o have 2 children ages 15 and 3. I weigh 130 lb am 5'6. I exercise regularly. I have a belly that is riddled with stretch marks and is VERY stretchy. I finally scheduled a consultation with a PS in San Antonio TX. I also will have a breast lift. I am super excited, nervous, guilty, you name it!

Ok, 13 more days till my surgery! Wow time flies....

Ok, 13 more days till my surgery! Wow time flies. O
h yeah and I gained 5 lbs : (. Great. I asked nurse if I needed bowel prep n she said no...but I am wondering if it wouldn't hurt to take
some mag citrate? Any thoughts on bowel prep?

I am now 9 days post op. For the first 3 days i...

I am now 9 days post op. For the first 3 days i took my pain meds atc. I was moving since day one, things were pretty uncomfortable but in no way unbearable pain. My incision site didn't even really bother me so much, i will add i did not have a pain pump,and from what I am experiencing I am not sure it would hae helped me much as my pain was to the MR not the incision site. The pump is aimed for pain at incision site from what I gather. I did experience pain in recovery room but i was given a significant amount of morphine and also phenegran. I didn't experience any nausea Thank God. I also didn't have any nausea with my pain pills (hydrocodone) as I took them along with nausea pills. Eventually I tried taking pain pills without nausea pills and I was totally fine. The swelling would be my biggest complaint for the first 4 days. I had my first bm on day 3 and then daily after that. Mind you I ate fruit as my main food staple,especially watermelon. I hydrated hydrated hydrated.
I slept mainly in my recliner and now sleeping propped up in my regular bed. I do wake up aching from the back. Oh yeah back pain is a problem at the begining as well, take your muscle relaxers! I had flexeril. Hope this helps someone.
Bathing with assistance for first 1-2 showers then solo. I clipped my drains to one of thos around the neck key ring things (not sure what they are called), that worked out well.

PO 11.Yay! I got my drains out today, as well as...

PO 11.Yay! I got my drains out today, as well as stitches from BB and areola. Everything looks good, I am healing very well. Swelling will go down with time. Apparently a lot of skin was removed. DrYoung and his awesome nurse answered all of my questions, very helpful. I can start running in about 2 weeks : )

I hit my 5 week mark tomorrow. I am doing well, I...

I hit my 5 week mark tomorrow. I am doing well, I started running again last friday. I was SOB initially. I have been having more discomfort in last 2 weeks to MR than in the past, might be the fact that I have picked up my 32 lb 3 year old. I know I shouldnt do that. Anyhow my scar doesnt look bad, its very thin and pretty flat, there are a few areas of hyperpigmintation. Of course now I am noticing my back fat even more, but will have to work on that later *exercise* I don't think my husband would allow me to go under again, he was scared to death *as was i*. All in all, everything is ok. Sometimes I feel like Frankenstein's wife and then I put my undies on to cover my scar and I am happy again, lol.

1 year 8 mo

1 year 8 mo

Wow I hadn't seen my preop pics in forever...what a difference. I'm pretty content with my scar... No numbness anymore. Doing well over all I think :)

New pic

Just wanted to share latest pic
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing! I'm going on Wed to Dr. Young. You look fabulous so I hope I get similar results
Thank you :) good luck & contact me if u have any ?s
Its been a long time since I updated and plan to upload pics too. I just have to say that my TT looks great my scar is awesome now and my BB looks pretty natural. All in all I am pleased with my results. I still get swelling however, but its ok, I am trying to be patient!
I am three weeks post op. I completed my first work week, went well, of course I am pretty swollen by the end of the day. Working does help to keep my mind off my belly n boobs. I still feel I should of had lipo on flanks, but its not the end of the world. I think the worst of this is that my 3 year old doesn't want to hug me bcause she is scared of hurting me. Makes me soo sad. On bright side I am fitting in my old clothes. My new cg is a lot sleeker and pretty comfy.
As soon as I get my computer going will def post pics. I am still swollen but getting better. Getting drains out was such a relief and almost seems like it decreased the swelling. Still bummed I am not fitting into my clothes.
Look forward to seeing your post op pics. Glad the surgery went well and you are healing nicely :)
Thanx, I am staying in a hotel till tomoRrow so its been easier to relax than it would be at home.
Yes 3 days, still very sore, I rotate between my bed and recliner, I am trying to wok around every few hrs, it's so painful to sit up and my butt feels like I was beat with with a paddle.lol but it can only get better, we can do this... I really would likevmy boobs to drop or something...my dh says I have a amazing flat belly and my boobs look good, I just want to heal...lol I did pull out a tiny tiny dress I used to wear and wanted to put it on ..but I will wait until my beloved drain comes out... Get some rest , sending u healing vibes.....:)
I am ok, sore. Taking my pain meds around the clock. I had to switch from wedge to regular pillows. U r post op 3 days right soccermom?
How r u feeling? My back hurts as well, my but is a hugevflat lumpy pancake, which screams sexy..lol nut that's because my ps did lipo on my flanks, and all of a sudden I have wide hips..lol they better go down... My leg has been cramping a bit, freaking me out, and other then want ting this draining out and binder off and pain to go away, I feel like a rockstar...lol will post photos later, hope your doing well. Pardon my tips it's the ipad
Thanx! I mainly feel uncomfortable. I am not used to sleeping on wedge so back is sore, going to try recliner now
Great news! Glad to see you are on the other side now! Can't wait to see how you do after you rest a bit.
I did it! I had my surgery this am, everyone was awesome there...and most importantly I am alive and well : )

Good to hear from you:)  Now rest an medicate.  Glad you are doing well.

Hi there, thanks for info, I didn't see those links u sent?
Hi there, thanks for info, I didn't see those links u sent?
I noticed that you will be using Dr Young & had to write something!! I've been researching surgeons in San Antonio, as I'm considering a TT after seeing what 4 little ones has done to my tummy! One consistent thing that continues to surface are the negative reviews about Dr. Young. But it goes even further than negative reviews... He lost a young woman during a liposuction procedure earlier this year! It was deemed 'medical malpractice' and in all honesty, it was an incredibly careless move on his part. He also has several lawsuits filed against him from various individuals. Here's a link to the story that WOAI News 4 did on him as well as a link to the Texas Medical Board's website, so anyone can search his background. I really hope this helps anyone that was/is planning on using Dr. Young! Best wishes to all!
I am going to go ahead and do it, want to minimize post op constipation if possible. thanks!

Thinking back to my pre op I should have done the bowel prep 2-3 days before surgery.  I would do it knowing what I know now.

I did the exact same thing. I took my mag 2 days before just so there was no risk of me pooping myself during surgery. Reason I did it is bcuz the less you have in your bowels preop the less to work with post op and chances of becoming backed up are less after surgery. I'm a nurse too and you really don't need to cuz you're not having a procedure that pertains to the bowels but if you think you would feel more comfortable after surgery by cleansing yourself before...that's your choice.
thanks, only 2 weeks to go!
Your tummy looks like mine USED to! Dr Young will give you great results. We are somewhat simular in stats & our tummies look about the same. I just posted some new pics so you can see what you have to look forward to!! Best of luck to you!
Yay! I saw your pics, 2 weeks post op, wow! I can't wait to be there....just 3 more weeks for my surgery....
Your day will be here before you know it! Dont let your emotions and all the worries get the best of you, it's quite a journey but in the end it will be so worth it! Just keep your eye on the prize-a Flat tummy & a more confident & happy you!!
Ok, here it is, my problemed area! Can't wait to see my post op pics!