Going To Get My Body Back! - Salt Lake City, UT

I'm a 34 year old mom who has had three...

I'm a 34 year old mom who has had three pregnancies, with my daughters being born in 2001 (natural), 2003 (section), and 2005 (section). I'm 5'1" tall. I'm not short, I'm fun sized! ;) Before pregnancies my weight hovered around 110-115 lbs. I am currently 130. For some reason I cannot lose the last 15 pounds! LOL!

I've been exercising daily and eating "clean" since summer of 2010. I ate ok before this, but I needed to fine tune my food intake. I cook almost every night, and we sit down together for dinner. Our pantry does not have cookies, crackers, chips, soda or candies.

My exercise routine consists of cardio and weight/strength training. On days that I lift weights (generally I work three to four muscle groups at a time) and finish out the workout by doing at least 45 minutes of cardio (stepper, elliptical, treadmill or track running.) On days where I don't lift, then I do 60-90 minutes of cardio.

The most difficult obstacle has been trying to trim my hanging, kangaroo pouchy belly. I've consulted a few plastic surgeons and all of them advised that I have muscle separation in my abdominal wall. It's like a ravine in between the muscles and no amount of "diet" (for lack of a better term) or exercise will repair my problem.

I consulted with Dr. C in late fall 2010 and scheduled my surgery for April 7th, 2011 - the week before my kids have spring break. Luckily I will have a lot of help during my recovery (mom, sister, DH). Kids are old enough to not want to be held or carried (they think they're so grown up, lol!)

Most important, I am doing this for myself. For so long I've put others before me (most women do this). I realized that I need to take care of myself in order to take care of others too.

Photo Update

I am nervous and excited for my surgery tomorrow...

I am nervous and excited for my surgery tomorrow at 8:00 AM! Will write more later.

Photo Update

Had surgery on Thursday , April 7th and I'm so...

Had surgery on Thursday , April 7th and I'm so happy with my results so far! :)

Photo Update

Three weeks and three days after surgery and...

Three weeks and three days after surgery and I'm feeling awesome! Dr C said I can walk on the treadmill now but no weights or full on running or core exercises. I don't know why I waited so long to do this! Lol. I'm very happy with my results and the experience has been life changing.

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Camp is very kind (and cute.) He is soft spoken and will only recommend what is best for you. He's extremely detailed, and easy to talk to. I'm happy to say I have a "body by Dr. Camp." I had breast augmentation too and he gave me 500cc high profile implants - they look AMAZING! I had never considered high profile implants before because of my wide shoulders. I'm truly lucky and blessed! I'm glad we didn't go any bigger than 500cc's since I can hide or show off my new boobies! Lol. Dr Camp said not to go too big or else other women might give you the "stink eye" or as I call it, "the side-eye" (aka the shank or throwing you shade/hate). Dr Camp is an excellent surgeon and my results speak volumes. I would recommend him to anyone considering plastic surgery.

You are looking so good!
yay!!! Your surgery is done and recovery time is here. I am 5 days postop and I already luv my results too! take it easy and happy healing :-)
Hi,

Thank you so much and I wish you best of luck too!
Surgery went well on Thursday, April 7th. My little baby sister , er ,I mean younger sister drove me to the surgical center. We got there at 8:00 am and started the check in process. I didn't realize they were going to make me pee in a cup, so I already went as soon ad I got there! You're not allowed to eat/drink anything the night before so peeing in a cup was a real challenge. A nurse put in an IV line (didn't hurt at all!) Dr. C came in to mark my body (500cc high profile saline implants & tummy tuck) then the anesthesiologist introduced himself. I walked back to the OR with them and hopped on the bed as "Hey Yeah" by Outcast was blasting. I wanted to dance but had to chill instead. The last thing I remember was the anesthesiologist yelling me to take deep breaths, and the next thing I remember was my Mom and sissy telling me to wake up.

My sis drove me home and Mom kept wiping my face/forehead since I was sweating bullets! My DH and two little girls were waiting for me at home. The first night went quickly & my DH even slept on the living room floor as I slept on the couch/recliner. The second day was ok, and today is better. My sister came over to give me a shower and blow out my hair. I'm sore and definitely have to walk hunched over, but if you take your meds on time, there should be no problem with pain. Drains aren't too bad and I've not had much discharge. I'm excited to see my new belly button but don't date look that close yet! Lol! On a funny note, the discharge nurse told my sister that I had such a tiny waist that my girdle may not fit properly! Ha!

I hope everyone is doing well and best wishes to all of you!
I will be have a TT, BA & Lip April 8th in SLC with Dr Keen. We'll have to compare recovery notes or just trade encouragement through the toughest part...recovery.
Hmmm Real Self should have automatic grammar corrections for posts after 10pm. lol

LOL...I will suggest that to the developer:)
Yes, definitely. We are one week away! I'm having augmentation too! What size cc did you choose?
Hi! I think you are going to see fantastic results! Good luck and be sure to read all you can on all the pages it helps so much and you will learn alot from the other ladies going through the same fears and challanges! Good Luck!

Welcome to RealSelf!   I like that "Fun Sized"!!   I have been called Vertically Challenged, Shot Glass, Half Pint, Shorty, Munchkin, Runt and just about everything else...LOL

I know what you mean about the last 15 not coming off.  It is very frustrating to say the least.  I was in the same situation prior to my tummy tuck.  The skin was hanging even though  I work out 5 times a week...and hard.  The only way to win this battle is to have it removed.  Best thing I ever did and would go through everything all over again for these results.  You are going to love it in the end.  It gives you a big boost in your confidence.

We are almost identical in size.  I am 5'-1" and was at 134 on surgery day.  Well after surgery I was able to drop the last 14 pounds and finally got to my goal of 120.   And you will do the same thing soon enough.   You are going to feel amazing after surgery...well at least after you recover.

The worst part for me was the muscle tightening and lipo areas.  That gets better after the first week.

Will you be doing before and after pictures?  It is fun to see your changes from week to week as you heal.

I look forward to reading your posts as you go through your process.   All of the women on the site will help you through.
Thank you!