Very Unhappy - Salt Lake City, UT

I am very unhappy with the results of my eyelid...

I am very unhappy with the results of my eyelid surgery. My eyes have less excess skin which is a good thing but what I am left with are very lumpy, red, uneven scars. I was told the scars would be in the crease of the eye so they would be hidden but the scar on one eye is higher than the crease and very visible. I also have very visible, uneven scars on the outer corners of my eye. One side angles down and the other side angles up and is stitched so it creates a puffy pillow beneath it.

My lower lids are now pulling away from my eye and creating all kinds of problems like dry eyes and problems with contacts and vision. The visible stitch marks and redness on the lower eyes have made my eyes look aged like an older persons eye.

I have so much remorse for doing this surgery. It is something I have wanted for years and instead of feeling better and less insecure about my eyes I am reminded every time I look in the mirror how unhappy I am. I can't leave the house without putting cover up on my eyes and I am uncomfortable when participating in the outdoor and recreational activities that I love because of perspiring and the cover up coming off.

When I brought my concerns to Dr. Keen she was so rude and unprofessional and completely unwilling to discuss it. I was totally blown away at the way I was treated. I would never return to her under any circumstances. I was referred to Dr. Keen and thought I did enough research to feel comfortable in making my decision to use her.

Your eyes are the most important feature and I am very upset with myself for not speaking with people who had undergone the same surgery with Dr. Keen. I would have never done this surgery had I known what the results would be. I am now in the process of looking for a plastic surgeon who might be able to fix my scars.

I wish to God I could go back in time and never have had this surgery. I had it done to look more refreshed. Now I can't wear any eye make-up. My eyes hurt me and are red all the time. They outer ends are pulling down and they look like scars. I have webbing at each outer end. Plus, after two miserable years after this surgery, I finally got properly diagnosed with blepharitis - inflammation of the eyelids, which I never had before the surgery. I'm so sad. I wear sunglasses everywhere. My eyes are red, puffy sick looking and ugly. Don't know if there's a doctor out there willing to work on me because blepharitis is chronic, and surgery aggravates it. It also undoes any aesthetic effects because it is, in itself, disfiguring.
I feel for you. I have bumps where dissolvable sutures were. not extremely gross but am disappointed.Shouldn't have happened considering the money I spent.Plan on going back and demanding correction .If not will inform the BBB.
I am also 2 yrs post surgery on upper/lower bleph, with horrible results, medically and cosmetically. My dry eye syndrome has made it impossible to function normally, impossible to wear contact lenses, and then, look in the mirror. My lower lids are droopy and I look like a total freak. DO NOT DO THIS SURGERY LADIES. Not worth the risks.
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

I was referred to Dr Keen and I chose this rating because I am very unhappy with the results of my procedure as well as her lack of professionalism.