Active Mom Hoping for Breast Enhancement

Hi there! I am 5'5, approximately 120lbs,...

Hi there! I am 5'5, approximately 120lbs, pear-shape size 2-4, wearing a 32A bra at the moment. I am hoping to get breast augmentation surgery in September-Octoberish. I just recently quit breastfeeding my one-year old about two months ago and have been advised to wait 4-6 months before getting a consultation.

After surgery, I hope to be a 32D which is what I was during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. I want to make sure that my doctor recommends and approves of the size of implant I choose due to my narrow and small ribcage and lack of upper body tissue. I worry that too big of implant will make me look heavy or will look strange on top my ribcage.

I am also aware that I may need a breast lift along with implants in order to get the optimal results that I seek.

Workout Gear Pictures & Mini Freak Out

Starting to really worry about how my boobs are going to turn out. I have so many fears. I just want them to look fabulous and not like a freak show. I'm hoping to have my concerns remedied during my consultation, but that isn't until August!

These pictures show how flat as a board I look in my workout attire. It is depressing and I feel no where near sexy.

Topless Selfies

Here are the topless photos I promised. The left breast (the one on the opposite side of the mole on my stomach) is slightly smaller and perkier than the right one. I'm not sure how noticeable it is. Also, the harder they are then the perkier and higher they are. In these pics they are slightly hard. I am only a couple months without breastfeeding so I am aware that there could be some changes still to come. I will post updated photos before my consult. I know only a ps could really tell me, but I'm curious about your opinions on me needing a breast lift.

More Nudies

Just some more Nudies for the cause and a swimsuit shot. Depending on what my ps says, I am thinking anywhere between 450 to 550 cc silicone high profile under the muscle. This is definitely subject to change given my plastic surgeon's recommendations. I will also most likely have to have a larger implant put into my left breast.

Wish Pictures

Here are some pictures of results that I will be pleased with.

Asymmetry Getting Worse

So, as my breasts shrink more and more the longer after breastfeeding I get, my asymmetry is worsening. Seriously, my left breast is small, but is also tighter and perkier. My poor right breast struggles. She is slightly larger, but way saggier. It's embarrassing. I've been concerned about what people are going to think about me getting a "boob job", but I think I will just tell them, "Well, my right breast was and A cup and my left AA cup. Prior to my first pregnancy I was a B cup and symmetrical!" If that doesn't shut them up then the hell with them! [ha ha] I don't think anyone could disagree with someone wanting even breasts and restoration really. Forget getting attention and all that other stuff, I just want the boobs for my own pleasure and happiness. I will post updated pictures in September or late August, so the increased unevenness can be documented.

More Wish Pics

Decided to post more wish pics of "real" breasts as opposed to photoshopped ones. These are the ones I will be showing my doctor.

Consultations

Today I made my consultation appointment. After MUCH research I narrowed it down to three doctors.

The first one I called charges $95 for a consult. Um, no thank you!

The second one (Dr. Warnock) I made an appointment with.

Then the third one whom I already favored above the rest (Dr. Fryer), was the same number as Dr. Warnock. Yes, they share the same practice and no they do not compete with each other, so I had to choose to have a consult with only one! I chose Dr. Fryer just cause I had already favored him based on my research, but Dr. Warnock was such a close second. I am really bummed.

Now, I have only one consult and I'm not sure if I should make appointments with other doctors just to have more than one opinion. I just don't obo what to do.

Anyway, September 24th at 11:30 AM! Woo-hoo!

Revelations

After having many months to research and analyze breast after breast, I have decided that maybe I might go with smaller implants than I originally thought. My current weight is 115lbs and I am so active that I worry they will sort of get in the way. My cousins have frames similar to mine and they naturally have large breasts and they were telling me all the "difficulties" they encounter. I want to eventually run a marathon and I am very active in general. I would hate to boobs too big that I couldn't easier tuck them away.

That being said, I do want to fill up my breasts enough to bring them back to their state while I was pregnant. This puts me at a 32D. I am so excited to speak with my doctor about my recommended size range!

I am posting some more wish photos. My wish photos are more about the look than the exact size.

I am also posting another before of me in a tank top. I am hoping to fill it out a little bit better after my surgery. Ha

Hopeful- I hear you! I am also.a marathon runner and live in UT. I think beibg active is what scares me from getting implants in the first place- but then I loved the size of my boobs during pregnancy/breastfeeding. So im torn! But like I said, keep us posted on your consultations! I'm in the same boat!
Keep us posted! Ive heard Dr. Fryer is amazing but id love to see whom else you have consults with!
I agree with little one, definitely recommend at least one other opinion. But if you really wanted to see his competitor in same practice, couldn't you? I am sure it happened before.
No, I asked and they said they don't compete. I then sent on to sort of whine about it, ha ha, but they held firm.
Wow ok. Well I guess at least they have their standards that they uphold, seems fair I guess lol. I am sure you can find another doc easily though.
There are a lot of other doctors but I had narrowed it down to the ones that I liked and felt were competent. It's ok. I will just go to the ones that were runners-up on my list!
Hi again :) I think you should definitely go to other doctors as well as one the you have an appointment with. It's really important to get other opinions and thoughts regarding your BA. The more knowledge and consultations you have the better chance you have of picking the right doctor for you. You don't have to go crazy and see 20 different doctors but try to go to more then just one...it only helps you make the best decision when choosing your surgeon. :)
Thank you! I will call and make two more appointments! You're right!
Glad you're waiting for your breasts to return to their non breastfeeding state. Do you have a consult appointment this month? If so, here is an important list of questions to ask your doctor during your consult. I know most women on this site would agree with you, that you're doing this for yourself and no one else! Please keep us posted!
I think your body is beautiful the way that it is. Personally I like your form much better than those in your "wish" photos :0)
Great idea to show your doc pics of your wish boobs. That way there is no confusion. Words like "natural" "fake looking" or "good size" can mean very different things to different people :) good luck with everything!
Since you are relatively young, the breasts might be fine without a lift. In my experience, as we age, our skin refuses to bounce back, and then if you want your breasts tight and nipples centered, the lift is recommended. I was told by several PS that I was borderline, but would be fine without lift. If I was not a perfectionist, I would probably leave them be. However, the clock isn't stopping, and if I want them "perfect", I need a lift. The cost doing the surgeries separate is not very different, so no real downside to waiting to see if you like them without the lift. Good luck!!!!
If you haven't found a surgeon yet, I highly recommend Dr. York Yates, in Layton. I just had a BA two weeks ago. He was my surgeon and was wonderful! I had 3 other consultations before I went to him. He was by far, the most impressive and professional. His staff is excellent. He gives his patients his cell number for questions, concerns, or emergencies after the surgery. I thought I was having a complication on 2 days post op and thought I'd end up in the emergency room - I texted him at 11:30 p.m. and he texted right back! Turns out it wasn't as bad as I thought and he saw me right away the next day. Everything is okay. Real Self won't let me add his website link, but it's YorkYates.com Good luck to you!
I would love to see your before and after pics!
I'm only 3 weeks post op, so they aren't quite looking how they will by 3 months, but regardless, because of my job, I won't post any before and after pictures online. Search his name here on RealSelf. There are several reviews and pictures from his patients.
Yay when's your date? Looking forward to following your story!
When do you plan on getting your ba?
September, wah! So far away!
Oh sorry I just asked ths question as well. So sept. Yay it'll be her before you know it.
Your right who cares what anyone else thinks. If it's what you want and will make you happy .. Then that's all that matter !!
That bra does provide some nice comfortable cleave though
I think 550hp will look great on you but I'm no ps lol lets hope your ps agree with us! My left breast was slightly bigger pre op and I asked for thwm to fill that one more but they said it was the smallest difference. That girls have more asymmetry and to not worry about it. I can't see a difference in yours at all! But I know from your point of view up top you can tell more, like I did. Now that my boobs are bigger I can definitely tell the difference. Only a few months away I'm excited for you