Back to work

I am 37, I have 6 kids, 3 I gave birth too, the...

I am 37, I have 6 kids, 3 I gave birth too, the last one was by C-section 2 years ago and has taken its toll on my body. I hate my stomache! I am getting a breast augmentation, while in for a consultation, the thought of a tummy tuck crossed my mind. I was not prepared to ask many questions at that time, I was not very familiar with a tummy tuck.

I am constantly going back and forth, Is it worth it? the expense? the recovery? the risk of complications? At times I think no, then I look in the mirror and then it's a HELL YES! so unsure and I am still looking for my surgeon

Finally set my date, 3 weeks away! I am so...

Finally set my date, 3 weeks away!

I am so excited for my mm, I have been focused on tt that I didn't give too much thought on BA. Well here I am needing to order implants and so freaked out. Lifetime choice here! I am having a hard time picturing myself without the flabby stomach to decide on size. I am a small B maybe. I was liking the mid profile 421 cc, ended up selecting 500 high profile. I have a week to change my mind. I am 37, 3 kids that I breastfeed for a year each. 136 Ibs. Wish it would just get here already

I am 4 days po. At day two I was admitted into the...

I am 4 days po. At day two I was admitted into the hospital. Prior to surgery I had concerns with my intolerance to pain meds, for good reason I soon found, I was unable to keep nothing down not a sip of water. Ps tried changing my anti-nausea meds. But it was to late I had asmerated (sp?) some vomit turned to pneumonia, I am home now bruised and sore but happy. I was dyhrated so drawing blood was a challenge, I had to have blood transfusion, I lost a lot of blood with lipo it was pouring out of me first day out of surgery, then I started period. Hope all of you ladies are doing well

I am working part time, office job. Everyday gets...

I am working part time, office job. Everyday gets better, off pain meds. Sleeping a few hours in bed. Wishing the drains will come out soon but doubtful
Draper Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Motoki was wonderful with all my questions. along with his Staff. after the surgery when things went bad and I ended up at the hospital. Dr. Motoki found what hospital I was at and came to check on me.

You look amazing. Did you end up with over the muscle or behind the muscle implants?
It sounds like you are back on track with your healing. Hopefully your drain will be out soon and you can start to enjoy your results. Happy Healing (>:
I'm sorry to hear about your set back. I hope you have a smooth recovery from here out!! Best of luck.
Thanks everyone. What a journey
So sorry you hear you had such a problem. I hope you're feeling better and on the road to a better recovery.
Keep up with the vitamins, your body went through a lot.
Just saw your post and wanted to wish you a better recovery from here on out!!! Stay Strong.
Your final results are going to look great! Congrats!
Holy bruises for sure, but my oh my look at your new figure :)~ Your girls look good already, imagine in a few more weeks how they'll look even better. Happy healing and i hope your pnuemonia clears quickly!
Ooh. Sorry to hear abt the aspiration pneumonia. Glad to hear you're back home and on the mend!
Sorry you had to go through all of that! Are you home from the hospital yet?
6pack, checking on you. Just said a prayer for ya! Hope you're feeling better now that it's over!
I went to Dr. Rose. From your list I only recognize Bindrup. I have heard good things about him. I also know people who went to Saltz who is in salt lake and heard he is good. Most of my friends who got tummy tucks went to rose. Since I saw lot of his scars I felt.better going to him.
Yes when I get a chance. I'm feeling really good. I'm better in the morning and swollen later in the day. Took my first shower today so I got to see results thus far and I am very pleased.
Kalpine, are you going to post pictures. How are you feeling?
I'm from Alpine and just got surgery on Friday. So far I'm pleased. I know at least 5 people who have gone to my ps and have had excellent results. Which doctors have you seen?
I have seen Dr. Allred, Dr. Haut, Dr. Motoki, Dr. Bindrup and one at the U, I can't remember his name.
Who did you use?
Not that I know of. I've just done my own research on vitamins, juice etc that heals the body. Well good luck and I hope you find a surgeon you are comfortable with.
Is there a list of things somewhere on this site that lists what you should be doing prior to surgery to get your body ready? Thanks Brookehaven, I have been focusing so much on finding the right surgeon for me that I forgot that aspect of it. I have decided to move up by date as well. Whoot, whoot, I am on my way to a new me.
Hardysixpack, yes it is well worth it. I have not not done my TT as of date, but I did do my lipo and breast lift. I felt so good after. I didn't have any real down town. You did ask why my ps would not do it all at once, I was a bit disappointed when he said that he wouldn't, but now I totally appreciate him doing it this way. I get to recover from one before doing another. He would not do all at once because he said he did not want me to be under anesthesia for more than an 1 1/2 hours and that it's an evasive surgery. Also the PS board of surgeons made it a rule now TT' s should be done as a stand alone procedure, not with lipo or anything else. He is more about precaution.
There's so much to know and ask. Recovery for everyone is different. My recovery from a TT would be more mental than anything else. Just make sure you begin to prep your body, like: lots of protein, vitamin C, Iron, Zinc, Coconut water, water with electrolytes, aloe vera juice. Make sure you fast 3-4 days before your surgery so that your system is totally emptied out. The constipation part of this for me was the worse. You will find the PS that you feel most comfortable with. It's like buying that first house and you say "this is the one". So just compile all your questions no matter how simple/silly you think they are ask them all. You cannot put a price on this. I would do this again. Good luck.

Ah it's all totally worth it!  I would do it all over again if necessary.   You feel like a completely new woman when you get your body back.  Happy Days:)

Keep doing your research and meet with at least 3-4 surgeons.  Go in with all of your questions written down so that you don't forget anything.  Also ask to see previous patients pictures.   Check their license and certifications and take your time.  No rush here..

Money is a big deal breaker but don't go cheap here.  Just focus on how you click with the doctor and his references.  Take it slow and you will know when you have found the right doctor for you.

Keep us up to date on how this all goes.  I will be anxious to hear from you.

I have decided to go for the tummy tuck! I have a girdle that I call my skinny suit and when I wear it, I feel a 100x better, I want that feeling all the time, Now to find me a Dr. I have one that I really like, he is board certified, he spent alot of time with me, I loved his bedside manner and his nurses. What concerned me was he didn't tell me much about what the recovery entails, which I think he should have given me insight of what I will be going through rather than reading it on forums. I plan on meeting a couple more surgeons and seeing him again. Hopefully I find one soon, I have a cruise planned in March, so I would like to get the surgery done in Dec/Jan so I can be feeling like myself for the vacation.